Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
Like the title said, I'll post my banners in this thread.

(That rhymed, didn't it. Oy.)

The image attached below is a RahXephon banner, featuring the character Mishima Reika. She's a mysterious, soft-spoken girl, and I thought using greyscale might bring out that aspect of her personality.

~Dagger~
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
Nice, but I like color a bit better. Even if you just tinted it a different color, or used luminescence (if you have paint shop,) I think it would help it a lot.
Posted
I like the grayscale, and the transparency effects and all that. If possible, though, I'd keep her face clean ... I think it'd just look cleaner (well, obviously) that way, and allow for a better central focus on her.

Or something like that.

What else ya got? :p And what program are you using?
Posted
Thanks for the advice!

I'm using..... Photoshop Elements. I think. It's doesn't have all the cool tricks found in the regular version, but I'll take what I can get.

I tried to make a banner using screenshots of Cloud from the Advent Children trailer, but it didn't go too well. All I ended up with was this. I wanted to add a bit of text (probably saying something like "Endless Strife"). Sadly, none of the fonts I used seem to fit.

I did have a lot of fun fading the color out of the edges of his hair, though.

Help/input would be greatly appreciated. ^__^

~Dagger~
Posted
[size=1][color=maroon]Love the pictures. Cloud is a babe. But perhaps they shouldn't be so close together? They look a little cluttered. I do like the effects you did with his hair, though - it looks mighty cool. ^_^

Keep 'em coming, this is fun! :p[/color][/size]
Posted
Yes. Cloud is quite the babe. ^_~

Here's one I made using pictures from the Yami no Matsuei manga.

And I agree, this [i]is[/i] fun.

EDIT: Stupid border... not showing up. I'll have to fix that later.

~Dagger~
Posted
awesomeness! i'm lovin that last one. is that a color around that guy's neck? hmmm. . . ok. i think it looks good with that tiny black border. is that the border you are talking about?
honestly i dont like the cloud banner. the pictures look like two different people, the left one looks like a woman and the right looks like a man. i really do like that effect, what was it? that fading thing? i would like it if the pictures looked like the same guy. i think if you found a new left picture and replaced that one that's there it would be killer.
now for that grey banner. i really like that. though i agree with terra that you should try to keep her facial area clear. but all else is good. i like the look on her face. kind of remembering yet sad. quite nice.
keep up the coolness, eh?
~haze
Posted
Many thanks, Haze. I really appreciate the comments.

I just made a simple Shamanic Princess banner. The images were simply so pretty--I couldn't resist.

~Dagger~
Posted
[size=1][color=maroon]Yes, I concur. The banner is gorgeous. I love the soft colors, and all the squiggly lines. I'm getting a very water-y feel from it, but that could be because it's almost entirely some shade of blue. Go figure. But definite props, I love this one.

Where on earth are you finding these pretty pictures? ...That's it, isn't it? The place [i]isn't[/i] on earth!! I'm on to you!

*coughs*[/color][/size]
Posted
Yeah, I couldn't figure out the word for the color effect thing. Haha, I guess "soft" is it. Whatever it is, that's really what makes the banner awesome. See you made a matching avi, which is a much better improvement over that Sephiroth avi. :)
Posted
[SIZE=1][I]Hey those are really good. I like them. The last one was a bit too....ummm, how would you put? Off...for me, but the others look great! Nice work there! They look very cool![/SIZE][/I]
Guest Hiei's Girl
Posted
I really do love the Shamanic Princess one. It's absolutely gorgeous. The soft colors and the way the images are...it casts a sort of...sorrow about it. (Do I sound wierd? Maybe it's 'cuz I haven't slept...) I really do love it, though. I can't MAKE banners. I don't know HOW!
Posted
The SP banner is definitely my favorite so far (which is why I'm using it).

This next one is for Arcadia: I wasn't quite sure what you had in mind, so I played around with the image a little... hopefully not too much. If you like it, and want me to add text or something, just give the word. ^___^

I made a matching avatar, but I have no idea how to stick on more than one attachment (if such a thing is even possible). So I guess I'll have to wait to post that.

~Dagger~
Posted
Ewww...

It's not the banner - it's the artwork. I really dislike it, especially all the black on that person, and the proportions... Something's just wrong with the picture, IMO.
Posted
[size=1][color=orangered]Well, [i]I[/i] like it. Thanks very much, dahling, it's beeeautiful! Just what I had in mind. ^_^ I'll be back for the avatar. Back.. with a vengeance!![/color][/size]
Posted
Yay! Alright, here's the avatar. I thought it might look better if she were facing towards the banner..... er, if that makes any sense.

~Dagger~
Posted
[size=1][color=brickred]Heh, whoo! Happy [i]day!![/i] I agree, good call on the switching thing. I can't think of the word, but you get the idea, I'm sure. Anyways, you're the best! Rock on![/color][/size]
Posted
Oh yeah, I didn't mention earlier, but I [i]love[/i] the banner you're using right now. It's so pretty and soft and watercolory. ... All of which I think you yourself might've used to describe it.

You should try making some small banners. I love small banners. :)
Posted
Here's a banner focusing on the main character of the self-titled Vampire Princess Miyu OAVs. Like Tiara from Shamanic Princess, she's one of my favorite non-conventional magical girls.

I thought red and black was an appropriate color scheme, what with her being a vampire and all. ^_~

Does anyone know where I can get some decent fonts? My edition of Photoshop (it's some odd half-baked version) doesn't have too many that I like.

terra: Next time, I'll try making a small one. ^__^

~Dagger~
Posted
[quote]Does anyone know where I can get some decent fonts? My edition of Photoshop (it's some odd half-baked version) doesn't have too many that I like.[/quote]The number of fonts in Photoshop is based on the number of fonts you actually have (in the windows --> Fonts folder), so you just need to put more in there. Sorry, while I may have a diverse collection, my old roommate is responsible for all but a few of them. :-/

EDIT: Oh, right, the banner. Very nice, very clean, and overall, it fits with everything else. Red and Black - that's a very nice song... Right, right, the banner. As I was saying, the red and black seems to flow well, and it looks like you did that smooth coloring on the roses in the back, which is another plus. A sharp, clear focus (Miyu) in front of a soft background: smart.
Posted
Thanks for replying, AzureWolf! ^___^

Amity asked me to make her an Ah! My Goddess! banner, and here it is. It's simple, but I think the image and text balance each other fairly well. At least, I hope they do.

~Dagger~
Posted
Thanks Dagger! I appreciate it. I would alsao like to see the Urd one too so I can pick the one I like most so I can upload it!! Thanks again!!!^_^
Posted
Thanks Dagger!!!I love the Urd one!!! You are the best did you know that? People should be lucky and happy to have you here or even on their buddies list!!!^_^
Posted
I suddenly had the urge to make a Chobits banner, and here it is, in all its dark and moody glory.

If you're thinking, "Dark? Moody? Chobits??"..... well, you'll see what I mean.

~Dagger~

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...