OtakuBoards

Dagger's banners

Dagger

Like the title said, I'll post my banners in this thread.

(That rhymed, didn't it. Oy.)

The image attached below is a RahXephon banner, featuring the character Mishima Reika. She's a mysterious, soft-spoken girl, and I thought using greyscale might bring out that aspect of her personality.

~Dagger~

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the grayscale, and the transparency effects and all that. If possible, though, I'd keep her face clean ... I think it'd just look cleaner (well, obviously) that way, and allow for a better central focus on her.

Or something like that.

What else ya got? :p And what program are you using?

Thanks for the advice!

I'm using..... Photoshop Elements. I think. It's doesn't have all the cool tricks found in the regular version, but I'll take what I can get.

I tried to make a banner using screenshots of Cloud from the Advent Children trailer, but it didn't go too well. All I ended up with was this. I wanted to add a bit of text (probably saying something like "Endless Strife"). Sadly, none of the fonts I used seem to fit.

I did have a lot of fun fading the color out of the edges of his hair, though.

Help/input would be greatly appreciated. ^__^

~Dagger~

[size=1][color=maroon]Love the pictures. Cloud is a babe. But perhaps they shouldn't be so close together? They look a little cluttered. I do like the effects you did with his hair, though - it looks mighty cool. ^_^

Keep 'em coming, this is fun! :p[/color][/size]

awesomeness! i'm lovin that last one. is that a color around that guy's neck? hmmm. . . ok. i think it looks good with that tiny black border. is that the border you are talking about?
honestly i dont like the cloud banner. the pictures look like two different people, the left one looks like a woman and the right looks like a man. i really do like that effect, what was it? that fading thing? i would like it if the pictures looked like the same guy. i think if you found a new left picture and replaced that one that's there it would be killer.
now for that grey banner. i really like that. though i agree with terra that you should try to keep her facial area clear. but all else is good. i like the look on her face. kind of remembering yet sad. quite nice.
keep up the coolness, eh?
~haze

[size=1][color=maroon]Yes, I concur. The banner is gorgeous. I love the soft colors, and all the squiggly lines. I'm getting a very water-y feel from it, but that could be because it's almost entirely some shade of blue. Go figure. But definite props, I love this one.

Where on earth are you finding these pretty pictures? ...That's it, isn't it? The place [i]isn't[/i] on earth!! I'm on to you!

*coughs*[/color][/size]

Guest Hiei's Girl
I really do love the Shamanic Princess one. It's absolutely gorgeous. The soft colors and the way the images are...it casts a sort of...sorrow about it. (Do I sound wierd? Maybe it's 'cuz I haven't slept...) I really do love it, though. I can't MAKE banners. I don't know HOW!

The SP banner is definitely my favorite so far (which is why I'm using it).

This next one is for Arcadia: I wasn't quite sure what you had in mind, so I played around with the image a little... hopefully not too much. If you like it, and want me to add text or something, just give the word. ^___^

I made a matching avatar, but I have no idea how to stick on more than one attachment (if such a thing is even possible). So I guess I'll have to wait to post that.

~Dagger~

Oh yeah, I didn't mention earlier, but I [i]love[/i] the banner you're using right now. It's so pretty and soft and watercolory. ... All of which I think you yourself might've used to describe it.

You should try making some small banners. I love small banners. :)

Here's a banner focusing on the main character of the self-titled Vampire Princess Miyu OAVs. Like Tiara from Shamanic Princess, she's one of my favorite non-conventional magical girls.

I thought red and black was an appropriate color scheme, what with her being a vampire and all. ^_~

Does anyone know where I can get some decent fonts? My edition of Photoshop (it's some odd half-baked version) doesn't have too many that I like.

terra: Next time, I'll try making a small one. ^__^

~Dagger~

[quote]Does anyone know where I can get some decent fonts? My edition of Photoshop (it's some odd half-baked version) doesn't have too many that I like.[/quote]The number of fonts in Photoshop is based on the number of fonts you actually have (in the windows --> Fonts folder), so you just need to put more in there. Sorry, while I may have a diverse collection, my old roommate is responsible for all but a few of them. :-/

EDIT: Oh, right, the banner. Very nice, very clean, and overall, it fits with everything else. Red and Black - that's a very nice song... Right, right, the banner. As I was saying, the red and black seems to flow well, and it looks like you did that smooth coloring on the roses in the back, which is another plus. A sharp, clear focus (Miyu) in front of a soft background: smart.