OtakuBoards

Reaching the big "18"

Burori

I just turned 18 about a month ago. I didn't notice much of a difference. I haven't registered to vote yet. Maybe that'll help. What sucks is, our school still requires parental consent for everything (even though I'm a legal adult.) The best thing is that my mom gives me a lot more freedom now.
Too bad most of my friends are 17. We're hittin' the clubs ASAP!!
*goes off to play video games w/ duorocks17*
~art~

• 2 weeks later...
[color=crimson]Hmm...well, I turnt 18 on october 29th ^__^ For some reason i was expecting to feel majorly different, like something would change. But sadly nothing did X_x! I feel pretty much the same as i did the day before lol...but then again i've had to act like an adult alot these past few months so im probably just used to it.

But it is nice to know that the world now must view you as an adult and not a child..ahh the power i have *smirks*

Its weird though, on the night of my 16th birthday i remember thinking "In two years i'll be 18..." Part of me wishes i was still 16 X_x..Time has flown so fast *twitches* In two years i'll be 20...argh im getting old.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Burori [/i]
[B][FONT=times new roman][COLOR=darkblue]
Do you think turning 18 will make your life an easy one or make it even worse?
[/font][/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Lessee, uni, other complicated parts of being an adult, and I lose my excuse not to get bladdered

On the plus side, I will be able to buy Ghost in the Shell and see every movie that gets released (legally, I mean)

It's gonna have up sides and down sides, but it's definitly gonna get complicated. :D

As a college student and past 18, I would say it didn?t change my life at all turning 18. I went off to college at 17 and that was a big change for me, so when I turned 18 during my freshman year, it was no biggie. So whether it makes your life easier or worse is a matter of circumstances.

There should be big changes when you tern 18.
I?m planning on going to Europe, without telling anybody, this summer which I can do legally after I tern 18 in FEB.
So save up you money and do something that you can tell you kids about 50 years down the line.
Well that?s my thought on the matter.
"Peace and Love"

Well, I turned 18 on the 24th of July- in [spoiler]1999[/spoiler] ( i love doing that now!):love: a month after I graduated from high school.
The biggest difference it made for me was I had to fill out my voter's registration card and my friend ,Amanda, wanted me to buy her some cigarettes:p
I didn't really feel like an adult until four days after I got married, I ended up moving down to Texas with my husband more than 1,000 miles away from my family and friends, half way across the country from everything I knew.
Turning a certain age doesn't do anything for you, it's the experiances that you have during your life which will turn you into more of an adult than a child. Trust me, you move far away from your home and get stuck somewhere where you don't know anyone and you have to figure EVERYTHING out yourself, that'll make you grow up.
Okay, now I feel really old. Someone get me a walker and some prune juice!:bawl:

[COLOR=teal]Freedom of religion means freedom of [b]all[/b] religions. no exceptions or questions[/COLOR]

• 1 month later...
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Carr [/i]
[B][color=tomato] [size=1]I can finaly pierce my ears/nose too, but I don't get to move out yet.[/size] [/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

People where I live and went to school with pirced their noses (and other places) at, like, 13/14

nothing chanded for me at 18, except I could vote. When you turn 18, go to collage, or you wont be able to do stupid, childish stuff any more

When I'm eighteen, I'm having a party. The usual... you know, the grog, the smokes, the girls, the cars, the mates...

...I don't expect any gifts or anything... all I'm doin' is throwing a party, just something to do.

I'll probably have a party when I'm sixteen too, anyway. But that won't stop me from having a party two years later.

...I'll also be able to drive, buy cigarettes legally, etc. Just more easier for me to get along.

I can't see it as a life-changing event, though I'm not going to let it pass buy and nothing happen, I'm going to do something when I turn eighteen... most probably the party. :smoke:

[color=violet]Like I said, I turned 18 a while ago. KNow what I did when I turned 18? I had my graduation party. Oh, and I bought a lotto ticket and lost.
Turning 21 is better (atleast in the states, in Korea you can drink when you're 20 and Canada it's 19) because you can legally buy alcohal. Of course, in TX, you can get a drink in a bar as long as you're with your spouse, you have your marriage liscence, and your spouse is 21 or older. That and the speed limit are the only good things about TX and I didn't need that law because I turned 21 2 months before I got married.
Ooh, married, that's another thing you can do when you're 18 in all 50 states. In WV you only have to be 16 and in most states that's also the age of consent. Of course in hawaii, it's 15, butr that's another story.
You can also vote and get drafted in the states. So if you're a dude, you have to sign the draft paper thingy. I don't know what it's called since I'm not a dude.
Basically, 18 is nothing. Hell, you're not even considered an actual adult until you're 26 or so because that;s when your insurance premiums go down
So with that said, wait a few more years and announce the big 2-1[/color]

Yeah turning 18 is not that big of a deal. People do expect more out of you, but you also gain alot more freedom that may or may not balance that new stress for you. And yes in Chicago the only new things I can do is vote and buy cigarettes, so no difference really there. I dunno I am thinking its a different experience for everyone.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SasukeUchiha [/i]
[B] And yes in Chicago the only new things I can do is vote and buy cigarettes, so no difference really there.. [/B][/QUOTE]

IN Brooklyn, you can do a lot more, such as buying guns, knives and things like that, wich, you may end up needing here.. depending on where you live in Brooklyn...And yeah, other than that, not much else I can do, the lotto some ciggarette and vote...that's it.....