OtakuBoards

Superstitions, believe them or not?

Kanariya

It's not really a supperstition, but sometimes (liek now) when Im listening to my headphones and taking with people onAIM and posting, I fell liek somethings behind me, liek watching me, sneaking up on me, I keep lookign back to make sure nothings tehre, I've already done it like 5 times while posting this.. it scares me a lot

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by anime_guy [/i]
[B]It's not really a supperstition, but sometimes (liek now) when Im listening to my headphones and taking with people onAIM and posting, I fell liek somethings behind me, liek watching me, sneaking up on me, I keep lookign back to make sure nothings tehre, I've already done it like 5 times while posting this.. it scares me a lot [/B][/QUOTE]

That's not superstition, that's paranoia.

Anyways, there are some things I believe and there some things I don't believe. I [i]don't[/i] believe in the Blair Witch, but there had to be something to start the whole spook. That's what I think, anyways.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by anime_guy [/i]
[B]It's not really a supperstition, but sometimes (liek now) when Im listening to my headphones and taking with people onAIM and posting, I fell liek somethings behind me, liek watching me, sneaking up on me, I keep lookign back to make sure nothings tehre, I've already done it like 5 times while posting this.. it scares me a lot [/B][/QUOTE]

I do that alot too. I don't know why. I'm not even scared of what would be behind me if I found something. But I just want to know whats behind me. I don't know it's strange. And superstitions are actually pretty funny. I've never done one, but I probably would if I wanted to.

But a few days ago, me and my friends were walking around at night...around 9. And we came across this little house with a cross on the window. So we looked to the side, and saw a white thing. It started moving, and it looked like it was coming closer to us. The more closer we went, the more of it we could make out. It looked like a man looking at us wearing white. The second time we went, it was gone. We went a third time and it was still there. We kept coming back and running, and for one time we stayed, and looked at it, and we heard noises and stuff. So me and a friend went up close, and it turned out to be light reflecting off a white fence. The bushes beside it gave us the impression that it was moving.

Funny story. But it looked so real from far away.

Oh and demon babe, I hope you're banned.

My friends and I tried Bloody Mary once,and it just got my friend's
little sister freaked out. She was only about 7 or 8 at the time,so she believed in all that crap. I do not believe in ghosts or whatever you call them. I DO belive that kii (spirits) exsist, but you cannot see them. Nor can they move things. You can sense them, though. That is what I think.

PM me. Please. I need a buddy-person. [email][email protected][/email]:babble:

I don't believe in superstitions personally, but I have tried a couple just for kicks. Oh by th way I don't believe in ghosts either.

Any way I have tried Bloody Mary and I have also tried Candyman. You the one where you look into the mirror and say Candyman uhh I think it was five times. It was a long time ago when I tired this. Any way you say his name while looking into the mirror and he is suppose to appear. Well nothing happened of coarse.

Any way I have tried a couple others, but I'm not going to bother to list them. I think that it's all in our mind. So we believe what we think is happening when it really isn't.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B][color=#707875]I heard a very frightening superstition a while ago.

Before you go to sleep, you take a piece of paper and a pen. And then you write the following (in this [i]exact[/i] order):

1. OMG
2. WTF
3. leik yah
4. ph33r
5. OMFG WTFHAHA!!! LOLZ
6. ur teh winn3rx
8. AZN PWR
9. LOLz SuK0rX!
10. kool usually wheneva i say that dudes get nervous

Once you've written these ten phrases down, put the paper underneath your pillow. Then, burp twice and lay on your bed backwards (ie: put your feet on your pillow and your head down the other end).

Before you shut your eyes, yell out "HELO B00BIEZ!"

If you do this correctly, you will be haunted by spammers. [/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
ROTFLMAO

Now thats got to be the funniest superstition of all time. You can tell a Haxxor(or should I say |-|4Xx0r)came up with that.

Now I've heard some far out superstitions before like if you have 12 pigeons on your roof at noon you're gonna die 12 years later, and if your corns begin to itch its gonna rain, if you have 2 caskets in your house and a cat comes through the window a family member will be dead tomorrow, and lets not forget the age old Candyman theory. :rolleyes: Oh, and lets not forget about them chain letters.

Yeah, you can say I believe in them...*puts the weed down and goes into serious mode*...come on now, you gotta be high(drunk or straight up slizzard) to believe in a superstition.

Belee Dat. [/Theodore Long]

My friends think i'm a superstitious paranormal freak. I believe in some stuff like Tarot cards, and pendulums, and I definetly believe in spirits and ghosts. I have seen a ghost before. I was in Boston with my parents and my brother. We happened to be walking past kings chapel burial ground, one of the oldeset european graveyards in the usa, my bro stopped to read a plaque on the gate, and suddenly my mind went completely blank, and my feet started moving into the cemetary, and then suddenly I stopped, I could once again control myself, and then as I looked up, for a split-second I saw a boy, he was probably 17-ish, and he was wearing 1600/1700's clothing, and then he vanished, and for the next few blocks it felt like somone was following me. It was creepy.
I alos see a lot of shadows and lights that aren't really supposed to be there, and I constantly feel like somone is watching me.

There are a lot of superstitions that I don't believe in when I'm in the United States, but then you go to Nicaragua and you have to go pee at three in the morning in the outhouse that's like 20ft into the pitch back forest they all seem a bit more believeable. There's "la mona", which is, so they say, a witch who tranforms into an ape-like creature and then haunts you...my uncle supposedly killed one with a machete. Then there's the white dog/black dog myth, and basically that's like, let'sa say for example you're walking home alone one night and you're being followed by a dog, the white one will protect you and the black one will kill you and if you try to shoo the white one away it kills you as well. Also, there's La Carreta Managua, which is this story about a headless man in a carriage who would pass by your house and haunt you. It drove my grandfather insane. There's a whole mess more, the superstitions that are really scare are the ones that take place in the old country, in my oppinion.