OtakuBoards

Superstitions, believe them or not?

Kanariya

I just wanted to ask this question, but I'm not sure if there is a post of this already. If there is, I'm sorry.

Well I just thought about superstitions, and I wondered if any of you believe them, and which ones creep you out the most? I mean Bloody Mary, the Leprechan, (not sure about spelling) and etc. *not the superstitions where you break a mirror you get bad luck, the scary ones*
In my opinion, I am fifty fifty at the moment. I believe it, but I have never tried to, and I am very afraid to do so.
The creepiest one would have to be Bloody Mary to me. If you don't know what it is, is when everyone is asleep, including pets in your house are asleep. You go in your bathroom and grab a cup of water. You spin around five times saying Bloody Mary and then after the five turns, you splash water onto your bathroom mirror. Rumors said you are supposed to see Mary from the bible's face on the mirror, and she'll haunt you for the rest of your life. It is creepy, I'm getting shivers :nervous:

But I am asking, do you believe in superstitions, and which one is most creepy? Bonus, have you ever tried to do Bloody Mary or any other? I am kind of a scary type person, making scary type posts...

Another alternative is that the glass slips out of your hand, smashes the mirror, and you get numerous cuts, plus a BONUS 7 years bad luck. Hoorah.

Personaly, I don't believe in superstitions. They're made up and passed around by people who are either insecure or have nothing better to do. Or just find them amusing, like me. *touches wood.* Heh.

Side note: If Mary is going to haunt you for the rest of your life, why the hell would you do the summoning? This is like a spam email, full of rubbish, with effects that can't happen, because WHAT KIND OF MORON WOULD WANT TO BE HAUNTED?? Eh? Yeesh, some people.

Guest Magical Girl
[color=blue][font=comic sans ms]i don't really believe in it anymore, but me and my friends and my sisters used to have all kinds of fun scaring each other with it when we were little.. there's a lot of different versions of the Bloody Mary thing too, like the Mary Worth one..

we did tried it once, and my younger sister didn't want to, so we wrote "Mary Worth was here" in tooth paste on the mirror and we went out and acted scared.. i don't think she's ever forgiven any of us for it :laugh:[/color][/font]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Baron Samedi [/i]
[B]Side note: If Mary is going to haunt you for the rest of your life, why the hell would you do the summoning? This is like a spam email, full of rubbish, with effects that can't happen, because WHAT KIND OF MORON WOULD WANT TO BE HAUNTED?? Eh? Yeesh, some people. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=blue][font=comic sans ms]they probably do it just to see if it's true or not.. it would really suck for them if it was really true, though..[/color][/font]

[B]Another alternative is that the glass slips out of your hand, smashes the mirror, and you get numerous cuts, plus a BONUS 7 years bad luck. Hoorah.

Personaly, I don't believe in superstitions. They're made up and passed around by people who are either insecure or have nothing better to do. Or just find them amusing, like me. *touches wood.* Heh.

Side note: If Mary is going to haunt you for the rest of your life, why the hell would you do the summoning? This is like a spam email, full of rubbish, with effects that can't happen, because WHAT KIND OF MORON WOULD WANT TO BE HAUNTED?? Eh? Yeesh, some people. [/B][/QUOTE]

Well stupid people I guess, but I'm not that big of an idiot. I'm just scared of doing it, so it is kind of wacko. I'm different, I just have different opinions.
Well if this is considered spam, I'll delete this thread, but that's kind of also up to you and the other person who posted on this thread.

[quote][i]Originally posted by Inulvr1[/i]

Well stupid people I guess, but I'm not that big of an idiot. I'm just scared of doing it, so it is kind of wacko. I'm different, I just have different opinions.
Well if this is considered spam, I'll delete this thread, but that's kind of also up to you and the other person who posted on this thread.[/quote]

lol. Eh. Sorry for the mis-understanding. What I meant was that, it is (superstition) like a spam email: i.e. "You'll have bad luck and get all your toes cut off if you don't send this to 7 million people in the next three seconds"

You know. This thread is good, but superstitions are like those spam emails: Having all these dire penalties for nothing.

[B]lol. Eh. Sorry for the mis-understanding. What I meant was that, it is (superstition) like a spam email: i.e. "You'll have bad luck and get all your toes cut off if you don't send this to 7 million people in the next three seconds"

You know. This thread is good, but superstitions are like those spam emails: Having all these dire penalties for nothing. [/B][/QUOTE]

Okay...now DO NOT believe the toes thing. My god such an idiotic thought...
Well thank you anyway. Kind of irritated me throughout the night and I didn't have enough bravery to come back here thinking about rude comments and stuff. YAY! :D

I tried most of them and they failed...badly. I find superstitions just idiotic things that a bunch of stupid and paranoid people made to scare the crap out of other stupid and paranoid people.

As for the Bloody Mary thing, I tried it once but one day I had a dream that I tried the summoning again and it happened for real. Scared the crap out of me.

[color=#707875]I heard a very frightening superstition a while ago.

Before you go to sleep, you take a piece of paper and a pen. And then you write the following (in this [i]exact[/i] order):

1. OMG
2. WTF
3. leik yah
4. ph33r
5. OMFG WTFHAHA!!! LOLZ
6. ur teh winn3rx
8. AZN PWR
9. LOLz SuK0rX!
10. kool usually wheneva i say that dudes get nervous

Once you've written these ten phrases down, put the paper underneath your pillow. Then, burp twice and lay on your bed backwards (ie: put your feet on your pillow and your head down the other end).

Before you shut your eyes, yell out "HELO B00BIEZ!"

If you do this correctly, you will be haunted by spammers.

I haven't tried this myself, because I'm simply too terrified to do it. The very idea of this happening to me is incredibly horrific.

In terms of other superstitions...no, I don't believe in them. I don't believe in any of them, with the exception of the Spamm0r Curs3.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B][color=#707875]I heard a very frightening superstition a while ago.

Before you go to sleep, you take a piece of paper and a pen. And then you write the following (in this [i]exact[/i] order):

1. OMG
2. WTF
3. leik yah
4. ph33r
5. OMFG WTFHAHA!!! LOLZ
6. ur teh winn3rx
8. AZN PWR
9. LOLz SuK0rX!
10. kool usually wheneva i say that dudes get nervous

Once you've written these ten phrases down, put the paper underneath your pillow. Then, burp twice and lay on your bed backwards (ie: put your feet on your pillow and your head down the other end).

Before you shut your eyes, yell out "HELO B00BIEZ!"

If you do this correctly, you will be haunted by spammers.

I haven't tried this myself, because I'm simply too terrified to do it. The very idea of this happening to me is incredibly horrific.

In terms of other superstitions...no, I don't believe in them. I don't believe in any of them, with the exception of the Spamm0r Curs3.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

That's...creepy. And that girl from the Ring is in my dreams... AH WHY? I would be terrified also, after especially watching horror movies. Bloody Mary and that is the top of my list. The leprechan one...I don't believe that one much. A leprechan with a hammer above your bed? Not something you want to wake up to see. Little person with giant mallet, weird. Especially if he has a red beard and wears green. No...definitely not what you want to see every day.

When I first heard superstitions I was afraid to try them. But I remember when I was younger, a friend of mine and I were outside playing and she was telling me about Bloody Mary. She held up a stick and put it on the ground next to a tree and told me that if it was gone the next day, that Mary would come and try to kill me. Do you know that the next day it was gone. I was sooooo scared. I wanted to cry. Now it's just stupid to me when I think back on it. Duh. The wind moved it. Or someone else like my brother. Anyway, I don't believe in superstitions. Their just stupid to me.

For the most part, I think that supersitions are mostly in our minds. We let ourselves get freaked out about things. I've tried Bloody Mary. I freaked out about it, but nothing happened. I've almost gotten "light as a feather, stiff as a board" to work, but I haven't done it in a while and don't plan on it.
I do believe in ghosts however...and Murphy's Law.
~artemis~

Guest Magical Girl
[font=comic sans ms][color=blue]i definitely believe in ghosts. my old house was haunted, i'm pretty sure.. but we always figured that the only spirits there were people we weren't really scared, but when stuff would happen (like the water in the bathroom sink going on full blast when no one was in there) we'd be kinda freaked out for a while.

Dmitri_Dragoon: sorry for being a pest, but do you mind sharing the story? curiosity ^^;;[/font][/color]

[color=crimson]Depends. The superstitions where you do blablabla + blablabla and weird, supernatural blablabla happens I do not believe in-

Although, trying them out is fun. One might prove me wrong eventually, haha. Maybe i'll try some of the ones in this topic..

[edit]James- oh my god, James you have to help me. They are everywhe-[/color]

Hey just as a heads-up, MAGICAL GIRL that isn't the most well.....um........IT'S JUST A VERY GAY NAME! I would log-off if I found out that you were a boy. Anyway besides the point I've heard many people say that they LOVE Inuyasha worship his face evert day and night. "Especially my sister whom I'm sharing the name,Demon Babe:) with. Well, HAVE ANY OF THEM OPENED THEIR EYES!?! I certainly can name 1 perso who is WAY more hotter than Inuyasha.......Miroku! T hat' right I said Miroku! He may be a letcher/womanizer/terrible monk, but he CAN be down-to-Earth. If you feel the same way,I DON'T CARE!!! IF HE WAS REAL IT'S NOT LIKE YOU'D HAVE A CHANCE! I'D BE THERE EVEN BEFORE SANGO!!! Well, I'm done talkn', Demon Babe

Guest Skyechild91
This is my opinion on superstitions, always has been, always will be-

[I][U][SIZE=3][FONT=arial][COLOR=orangered] If you believe a certain superstition, than it will work for you. YOU. Y-O-U. If you dont, it wont. Thats how Ive always seen it. ANd believe me, its true...[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/U][/I]

I definitley believe in ghosts, my grandma died 3 years ago, and 3 nights ago she was in my dream, i never dreamed about her until then, it was freaky.....(Pm me to know more about my fasinating life)(yeah i do want more people to pm me, but thats besides the point.) oh, i have never tried any of the superstitions, whats the light as a feather one?