OtakuBoards

Random drawings of my own creation. (Updated often)

OtakuSennen

[color=midnightblue]Yes, some of you may have heard of it through instant messaging or private messages, but you have never been able to see it. For weeks it has filled your brains and consumned your souls. But now all of that is about to change, for now we see... OtakuSennen's art. *dun dun DUNNN*

Well, actually it's not very good. And this first one has really thin hands. And I did this in pencil in about forty-five minutes, so it isn't too great. ^_^' The caption is too small, but it reads as follows: "Why is his name in katakana? ...I'm not too familiar with Kanji and/or Hiragana yet.." So, review as you please. There's only one pic as of the moment, but I'll probably be updating very, very often.

PS-- It's not good. Cut me some slack, people. I'm but twelve years old here.[/color]

Not too bad here, Sen, not bad at all, especially for a 45 minute sketch, and it being the first drawing I've seen from you. :)

You did a lot of things good here. I like the way you drew the flame and his clothes, both of which I usually have trouble with on an invented character. While you may want to do a little more shading, you started out pretty good, rather than leaving it plain lines.

The parts that need improvement can easily be ironed out for the next time you set out to draw. First off, either the head, or the hair on him is a little big for the rest of his body. Plus, his arms could be a little thicker, and you may want to add a few details in general to the picture.

Once you make sure to fix those areas a bit, while it looks good already, it will make it look even nicer. I remember you saying that you've been doing good in Art class; have any projects from there that you could scan?

Oh, very nice!!!! I finally get to see some of your drawings. yay!! hehe! I think that you did a wonderful job, I also think that you have potiental as an artist. One question though....is the character that you drew...is his name, Fukira? I was just wondering.If it is supposed to be Akira, as the file name suggests, then I will show you the right way to write it out in katakana.

[color=midnightblue]Well, here's another sketch. This one took me about an hour or so (I remember because I watched one entire episode of I Love The 80's Strikes Back when I was making it). I think I may touch this one up a little bit with Paint Shop Pro once I get the hang of it, and if people like this one.

I really dont' like this one as much, though. Their faces didn't come out how I would have liked them to. Especially the guy on the far left. And then the one on the near right (that's a girl. You're really not supposed to tell throughout the series, but she is) looks more fierce than I wanted. I prefer the first one I posted better, but I tried to keep the bodies more proportionate on this one, with thicker arms and more shading.

This pic shows the four main characters of my series plus their little emblem that I have associated with them. It'll all be explained once I post my actual manga and stories in the literature forum.

All in due time, my friends. All in due time.[/color]

[size=1] Right off, I will tell you the things you need to work on: arms, wrinkles/folds, and smoother shading. Your arms need work on because they don't seem very realistic. I know anime characters aren't meant to realistic since they're just cartoons, but they're based off of realistic bodies. All you really have to do is stare at people's arms whenever they don't notice you. If they notice you, you're on your own. ^_~ Lol, it worked for me. Again, to work on the wrinkles and folding, look at clothing and how it fits other people, or just try and copy a picture off of the internet. If you're anything like me, you can learn my staring at people in school. :toothy:

The shading problem is one that can be solved easily. In your case, people can see the places where you switched the direction of your pencil and it never looks good. Just shade in one direction or make the direction changes very, very subtle.

Other then that, there's nothing else I can complain about. ^_^ The picture itself is very cool, and there are good things about it. The character design, proportions [probably the most important thing an artist can learn], and the fact that you have a background [^_~] are all excellent things. [/size]

• 2 weeks later...
[color=midnightblue]Allright, after a week or so of changing things around to what people suggested, I have made a new picture and, this time, decided to colorize it in Paint Shop Pro.

This one took me an hour or so to draw out, 15 minutes to ink, and an hour and fifteen minutes to touch up in PSP. I'm fond of how this came out, though the shoulder pads are not detailed to how I like them to normally be and the ears are rather off-set from each other. Still, though, I think of this as important in my career considering it's the first CG work I've done which was based off some of my hand-drawn stuff.

Does the armor look familiar to anyone? I sort of have Fire Emblem to thank for it. Marth and Roy have outfits very similar to this. But over the three years I've been drawing this character it's evolved so that it isn't quite a complete rip-off of Fire Emblem.

I wanted to do more with shading, but I think I'll die if I modify any more paintbrush specifications..

Oh, and when I resized it (It was so huge when I scanned it in) everything went very grainy. I would like for people to look past the quality of the scan and into the face that my hands created without the assistance of a computer. Given, the coloring is CG-done, but I just did that for a little extra eye-candy.

Thanks for replying, everyone.[/color]

....You're artwork is better than mine and I resent you for that.... No, just kidding. But it is really good (and better than mine). I remember hearing very, very little about Yanet once... The armor did look familiar to me. I was thinking Golden Sun, but since you mentioned Fire Emblem I completely see it now. (4 something am.... leave my nonsense making self and posts alone.) Oh! And there's one thing I didn't like about the David picture. The nose was too curvy. Yeah. Or my vision's blurry from lack of sleep. Either way... fix it. Or don't. Whatever.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Tog [/i]
[B]....You're artwork is better than mine and I resent you for that.... No, just kidding. But it is really good (and better than mine). I remember hearing very, very little about Yanet once... The armor did look familiar to me. I was thinking Golden Sun, but since you mentioned Fire Emblem I completely see it now. (4 something am.... leave my nonsense making self and posts alone.) Oh! And there's one thing I didn't like about the David picture. The nose was too curvy. Yeah. Or my vision's blurry from lack of sleep. Either way... fix it. Or don't. Whatever. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=midnightblue]Well, Yanet is a thing of my own creation, I believe. Unless I subliminally took it from something else, but I don't think that is very likely.

Ah, I forgot about the Golden Sun influence. I swear, I had this character's hair style before Golden Sun was even released..! But, yeah, Golden Sun + Fire Emblem + Some variation on my part = my work.

Well, some of you have asked for it, and now you see it.. Some of my comics. I just drew these last night, and it didn't take long to draw, but CGing it took me forever. I though it wouldn't be so tedious doing that kind of thing. The first two pages of this one are going to be color computer-wise, and the rest will probably be done with colored pencils or simply be left monochromatic.

Enjoy, everyone. This is a short story called "The Life of Sennen". It's basically an over-exxageration of my life and the issues I face. This particular one is about discounted imported anime, which is a big moral conflict going on with me right now..

EDIT: Sorry if the file is kind of large. Also, the coloring got kind of choppy in some parts. Try and look past it, okay?

Ehh. It may not make much sense to some of you who don't know me too well, and the text went weird when I resized it, but I fixed it where I could.
[/color]

All of your art is not only cute, but very well shaded. Not only are you better than any artist, expect one or two, at your age that I've ever known (we were all to busy being sucked into that void known as *NSYNC), but you're letting people see it. Now, I must go pray to some higher power to grant me powers of shading that rival yours! ...Or maybe I'll just go do my homework...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Eclectic [/i]
[B]All of your art is not only cute, but very well shaded. Not only are you better than any artist, expect one or two, at your age that I've ever known (we were all to busy being sucked into that void known as *NSYNC), but you're letting people see it. Now, I must go pray to some higher power to grant me powers of shading that rival yours! ...Or maybe I'll just go do my homework... [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=midnightblue]Heh, yeah, the freak-out expressions in this page of manga are not always common with me. Most of my stories are more serious, and the chibi-ish thing isn't frequent at all.

(I have three action stories in the works, two humor, and one romance-comedy)

I just felt that this series should have a lighter feel, and what better way to do that than over-size the head and take away pupils?

Here's page two.. I haven't done any more of this. I probably will next weekend, though.

I wish that you could attatch more than one file to a post.. *sigh*[/color]