OtakuBoards

bomb those basterds

Guest Trotenks

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by AJ2K1 4 Life [/i]
[B][b]I try to see the good side to everything and everyone,..but this time,..it just ain't working,..
As far as I'm concerned, both the US, and the Taliban are mad..full-stop
War has never been an answer[/b] [/B][/QUOTE]

You are very correct... it never has been the answer it never will be the answer...

Humans are given a mind and the ability to reason.... why don't we use it??? No, we work on instict... LIKE ANIMALS! We are supposed to be the smartest living beings on this planet..... we have things no other being has... the lagest brain capasity.... yet do we use it? Hell no!... we are bent on revenge.... and guess what folks... So was Hitler... and look what happened to him..... you think people might use history for some good.... nope... we just go on our stupid way.... and look where it's got us... a dumbass for president and an extremist who think he's doing God's work.... there is no good ending to this... war serves no point, does no Justice... it's revenge.... we are taking revenge.... and what good ever came out of revenge.... what good ever came out of war (besides the ending of the Great Depression).... This whole war on terrorism is turning into a crusade.... a War... in the name of god.... how contradicting is that.....

Stupid people do stupid things... this is just another to add to the ongoing list....

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Nerdsy [/i]
[B]I heard something on the news that Laden actually admitted to the terrorist attack on the World Trade Center. I dunno, I probably heard it wrong... [/B][/QUOTE]
the news said that he didn'yt admit it he said that he was happy that the us was scared and he said that his god was happy that some of us were dead and scared he said that he was very very happy but never admitted to anything

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by slasher [/i]
[B]

remeber, george w. bush said,"We are not seeking revenge.We are seeking justice." [/B][/QUOTE]

Well I still don't see Justice...

I dunno about you... Justice doesn't concern retaliating killing more innocent people.... Is that your sick idea of Justice?

Justice is getting who is responcible and ONLY those who are responcible... killing more innocent people in retaliation is NOT Justice... never was, never has been.... perhaps you and George W need to look up that word in your dictionary.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i]
[B]

Well I still don't see Justice...

I dunno about you... Justice doesn't concern retaliating killing more innocent people.... Is that your sick idea of Justice?

Justice is getting who is responcible and ONLY those who are responcible... killing more innocent people in retaliation is NOT Justice... never was, never has been.... perhaps you and George W need to look up that word in your dictionary. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=darkblue][size=1]I think that there is an understanding that innocent people [b]might[/b] be killed in the crossfire. That doesn't make it okay by any stretch of the imagination, but it does mean that the death of innocent people isn't the intention of the military action.

I for one am glad that the allies are doing this...and I hope that this time they don't shy off at the end...I hope that they keep going and going until they have achieved their objective.

In the first night of military action, Tony Blair was saying how the allies were being very careful about choosing targets and making sure that they don't kill innocent people.

But look at Saddam Hussein, he would take school kids and put them in military bunkers incase they got attacked...now [b]that[/b] is truly insane and wrong. Let's hope that the Taliban don't try the same thing...[/color][/size]

[B]

Humans are given a mind and the ability to reason.... why don't we use it??? No, we work on instict... LIKE ANIMALS! We are supposed to be the smartest living beings on this planet..... we have things no other being has... the lagest brain capasity.... yet do we use it? Hell no!...
[/B][/QUOTE]

we ARE animals. that's why we're classified as mammals. compared to the apes, their DNA is above 90% identical to ours. the one thing that truly seperates us from the animals is our abilty to feel empathy or compassion (this is a scientific fact) but even the elephants feel empathy (they mourn their dead). let's face it, we're behaving like animals in this situation, TRUE animals.
as human beings, we only use, on average, 5% of our brain. einstein, the smartest man in history, only used 13%. until we learn to tap into this power, i mean use 100% of our brain power, we will be animals. when we finally do tap into it, we will be gods. i rue the day, but look forward to it as well.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B]

[color=darkblue][size=1]I think that there is an understanding that innocent people [b]might[/b] be killed in the crossfire. That doesn't make it okay by any stretch of the imagination, but it does mean that the death of innocent people isn't the intention of the military action.

I for one am glad that the allies are doing this...and I hope that this time they don't shy off at the end...I hope that they keep going and going until they have achieved their objective.

In the first night of military action, Tony Blair was saying how the allies were being very careful about choosing targets and making sure that they don't kill innocent people.

But look at Saddam Hussein, he would take school kids and put them in military bunkers incase they got attacked...now [b]that[/b] is truly insane and wrong. Let's hope that the Taliban don't try the same thing...[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

I know that.... and that may be the objective of this whole campain, but that is NOT Justice.... that is taking revenge.... that is war.... that is taking out their military bunkers to prevent them from attacking back.... that is all acts of war and war is never justified.... in any and every case.... If they want war, fine, but don't go around saying they are seeking Justice... It's false...

[B]

I know that.... and that may be the objective of this whole campain, but that is NOT Justice.... that is taking revenge.... that is war.... that is taking out their military bunkers to prevent them from attacking back.... that is all acts of war and war is never justified.... in any and every case.... If they want war, fine, but don't go around saying they are seeking Justice... It's false... [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=orangered][size=1]So what would you do? Nothing?

The Taliban have no interest in handing over these criminals, nor do they care about enacting true justice.

If we don't physically go and stop the threat, the threat itself will grow and we will all be in greater danger.

Of course, war is never a good thing. But sometimes war is necessary to defend our own security. Did these people think of fairness when they attacked the US? Of course not.

If we wanted to get "revenge", we could quite easily bomb the entire country to smithereens. But that's not what we're doing. We are being selective...we are providing aid to Afghan people...and we are making sure that the Taliban's tools of war are destroyed.

This campaign is totally necessary -- I couldn't watch those towers come down and think that we were somehow going to sit back and let these extremist idiots win.

Perhaps there is an element of revenge or "retaliation" in this campaign...but what else are we to do?

We've tried for years and years to reason with the Taliban. And reason is something they don't accept. As has been said before...if we don't stop these people right now, we'll all regret the feeling of indifference in the future.[/color][/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B]

[color=orangered][size=1]So what would you do? Nothing?

The Taliban have no interest in handing over these criminals, nor do they care about enacting true justice.

If we don't physically go and stop the threat, the threat itself will grow and we will all be in greater danger.

Of course, war is never a good thing. But sometimes war is necessary to defend our own security. Did these people think of fairness when they attacked the US? Of course not.

If we wanted to get "revenge", we could quite easily bomb the entire country to smithereens. But that's not what we're doing. We are being selective...we are providing aid to Afghan people...and we are making sure that the Taliban's tools of war are destroyed.

This campaign is totally necessary -- I couldn't watch those towers come down and think that we were somehow going to sit back and let these extremist idiots win.

Perhaps there is an element of revenge or "retaliation" in this campaign...but what else are we to do?

We've tried for years and years to reason with the Taliban. And reason is something they don't accept. As has been said before...if we don't stop these people right now, we'll all regret the feeling of indifference in the future.[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

Well if I were the President this probably would have never happened.... I am a pacifist... I don't condone any violence and I believe all nations can settle their deferences peacefully.... the first thing I probably would have done as President would be to settle Israel's and Palestine's diffrences... then either I would have gone out to the other Middle Eastern countries to help them out or I would have just left them to figure out there own themselves.... I do not believe the US should get in anyone's business cause if we wouldn't have to begin with, this "war" of ours wouldn't even be happening.... but whatever.... I'm not running this country....

And I wouldn't call it Justice... it's not Justice.... it's fine that they are doing this.... but to call it Justice isn't fine... it's war... thats what they need to call it.... and they need to keep it away from me.... i don't want anything to do with this.... I am Switzerland.... no one ever bothered Switzerland during WWI and II.... I should move there.... eh oh well....

BTW does anyone know where Switzerland stands in this "campaign" ? Are they neutral like always? See, they have the right idea.... they don't get involved in anyone's affairs and they have a good economy and no one dislikes them.... They are a perfect role-model for countries... but whatever...

just don't like the idea of war... as one of my good friends put it "two wrongs, doesn't make a right".... by retailiating, killing innocent people, whether we want to or not, it's still wrong... I could fire a gun in school.... I didn't want to kill people but I may have.... does that make it right? If bullies pick on me, i should be able to retailiate right? so I should beat them in the face with bats... does that make it right? Any type of violence, whether initiated or retailiated is never right... We could retailiate with Military but what does that show? That we have the strongest military?.... and who didn't know this?.... What would show us stronger is if we could compromise without the uise of military... that would show people how strong we are mentally... it may not be the way to do things right if you just look at it... but in the long run, would you rather have 5000 Americans killed and stop Bin Laden through negotiation with the Taliban or whoever.... or have war break out that kills many many many more innocent people and not even harm Bin Laden and just piss him off more? I dunno about you, but despite the loss of many Americans, I'd rather have Option 1.... for the GOOD of the world in a whole and not selfish-ness toward my own country and self....

But reagardless of what i just said... I would REALLY go after BinLaden and thats all.... he doesn't care about those people... all he cares aboutis himself and the fact he thinks he's doing god's work.... nothing else.... you go after him... assinate him... why kill more innocent people when you are only looking for one guy! That would be justice..... nothing else is an acceptable for of "Justice"

[B]

Well if I were the President this probably would have never happened.... I am a pacifist... I don't condone any violence and I believe all nations can settle their deferences peacefully.... the first thing I probably would have done as President would be to settle Israel's and Palestine's diffrences... then either I would have gone out to the other Middle Eastern countries to help them out or I would have just left them to figure out there own themselves.... I do not believe the US should get in anyone's business cause if we wouldn't have to begin with, this "war" of ours wouldn't even be happening.... but whatever.... I'm not running this country....

And I wouldn't call it Justice... it's not Justice.... it's fine that they are doing this.... but to call it Justice isn't fine... it's war... thats what they need to call it.... and they need to keep it away from me.... i don't want anything to do with this.... I am Switzerland.... no one ever bothered Switzerland during WWI and II.... I should move there.... eh oh well....

BTW does anyone know where Switzerland stands in this "campaign" ? Are they neutral like always? See, they have the right idea.... they don't get involved in anyone's affairs and they have a good economy and no one dislikes them.... They are a perfect role-model for countries... but whatever...

just don't like the idea of war... as one of my good friends put it "two wrongs, doesn't make a right".... by retailiating, killing innocent people, whether we want to or not, it's still wrong... I could fire a gun in school.... I didn't want to kill people but I may have.... does that make it right? If bullies pick on me, i should be able to retailiate right? so I should beat them in the face with bats... does that make it right? Any type of violence, whether initiated or retailiated is never right... We could retailiate with Military but what does that show? That we have the strongest military?.... and who didn't know this?.... What would show us stronger is if we could compromise without the uise of military... that would show people how strong we are mentally... it may not be the way to do things right if you just look at it... but in the long run, would you rather have 5000 Americans killed and stop Bin Laden through negotiation with the Taliban or whoever.... or have war break out that kills many many many more innocent people and not even harm Bin Laden and just piss him off more? I dunno about you, but despite the loss of many Americans, I'd rather have Option 1.... for the GOOD of the world in a whole and not selfish-ness toward my own country and self....

But reagardless of what i just said... I would REALLY go after BinLaden and thats all.... he doesn't care about those people... all he cares aboutis himself and the fact he thinks he's doing god's work.... nothing else.... you go after him... assinate him... why kill more innocent people when you are only looking for one guy! That would be justice..... nothing else is an acceptable for of "Justice" [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=orangered][size=1]Yeah, I agree with you. The problem is, we don't live in a dream world -- not all things can be solved with diplomacy, as much as we wish they could.

We have tried diplomacy for years with various countries, and while military action should be an absolute last resort, diplomacy can only take us so far.

Unfortunately, some countries (or specific groups within them) aren't interested in diplomacy. In these cases, we can only speak to them in a language they understand -- war.

Yes, I agree also, this is war. But the war itself is justified -- it's a move in self defence.

Obviously nobody wants to kill innocent people...and if that happens, it's equally as terrible. But ultimately, groups like the Taliban and Al-Qaeda can't be allowed to keep operating...and sometimes it is necessary to physically go in there and fix the problem.[/color][/size]