OtakuBoards

Pink anyone?

Kanariya

Pink, yes she's one of my favorite singers, but most of her songs on her album (Misunderstood) are despressing. Especially Family Portrait, heard it on the radio.
Well, what are your thoughts about her? If you do like her, what's your favorite song?
I like Don't Let Me Get Me the best. Then it would have to be 18 Wheeler.

Yeah family portrait IS dark. But i still like it. :p I guess I like "Pill" or "Get this party strated" the best tho. It's a tie betweent he two. But then the lady Maramlade song was awsome. Does that count? Cause it had more then just Pink....yeah. Oh crap I fogot Don't let me get me! how could I forget that?!?! yeah it's werid when she was just startin out I didn't really like her. But now I think she's pretty cool. I still wish that her hair was still pink and not black tho....

Hold on, Lady Marmalade had Pink in it? I love that video! ( not for that reason you buncha pervs) It was a really great song and every time I heard it Id see if I could outlast Christina at the end. The lil Kim part was hard to memorize but... oh yeah pink.

Shes alright. That one party song was really cool, but when she got all depressing i stopped likking her but the party song was awesome.

Lady Marmalade, how could I forget that?!?! It has Mya, Lil' Kim, Pink, Christina Aguilera, and a little bit with Missy Elliot. (i think)
Also Get The Party Started is awesome. If she's pink, her hair should be pink to! Her new name, "Black." Yeah...

[color=royal blue]I used to listen to Pink a lot, but I haven't for a while. "Don't Let Me Get Me" is a good song, and I'd have to say that's my favorite from her. I liked "Just Like a Pill" too, because of the way it sounded. There was another one, "18 Wheeler" I believe, that I thought was very inspirational. It used to make me feel better when I was down, and more confident as well.[/color]

[color=orange] I love Pink. My favorite songs are- "LAdy Marmalade" and "Get this party started". I memorized the whole song to lady marmalade. My and christina are buddies. yep! The rest of her songs are kinda- blah. I really can't stand her new song, um... I can't remember the name. Trouble! It's called trouble. The music video is nice but the song sounds like a cheap spin off of some old song. Pink has great dance songs! [/color]

I strongly dislike Pink. It's not so much her music being bad per se, but as a person, she is soooo fake. Notice how she only became popular when she picked up her little "rock rebel" persona. Everyone seems to conveniently her hip-hop era. It annoys me how she is just cashing in on this angsty image.

Well basically on the CD, I like numbers 1-9. The rest maybe all right though, I just can't stand the last song. I memorized the 'Misunderstood' CD and Lady Marmalade. I can memorize song easily, except for rap. I have to listen to it a lot of time to memorize that. I'm getting the hang of In Da Club...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Epid3mic [/i]
[B]I strongly dislike Pink. It's not so much her music being bad per se, but as a person, she is soooo fake. Notice how she only became popular when she picked up her little "rock rebel" persona. Everyone seems to conveniently her hip-hop era. It annoys me how she is just cashing in on this angsty image. [/B][/QUOTE]
She touches on her image change a little in her song "Don't Let Me Get Me" and a few people talk about it on VH1's "Driven." The more hip-hop stuff Pink did in the past was more-or-less manufactured. She had little control over her first album, and it turned out to be a hip-hop/R&B hit. However, once she started taking more control over her own music and image, we ended up with an androgenous black-haired rebel.

I'm a little ashamed to admit it, but I liked Pink better when she was L.A. Reid's corporate whore. Her most recent single, "Trouble," is pretty boring. "Family Portrait" just didn't reach me. "Get This Party Started" was surprisingly generic.

Did anyone else notice that Pink and Christina Aguilera are practically the only natural blondes in the pop music scene today, and they've both dyed their hair black? It really makes you think...

I liked Pink when she first came out. On her song "There You Go' she was a completely different person and had a completely different type of music and style; it was more R&B then Punk rock. Then when her new Cd came out she went totally crazy with her song "Get This Party Started" . In the song she says "I'm coming out" so I guess she came out, out of what I don't know. Ever since it has been punk rock like on "Just Like a Pill" and "I'm a hazard to myself". I still like her a little just not as much as I did when she was kinda R&B.

[color=green]I agree with Manic...he just beat me to it and probably said it better than I would have. I don't like Pink. I get the feeling from her like, "I want to be a rebel, you know, like everyone else..." She just seems so manufactured. I realize that her complaint is that she was manufactured before, but I guess you can't escape it. I feel like she's just out there to counter act people like Brittany Spears and such, when her music really isn't any better. It's kind of different, and at least she writes it herself, but it's really no better. Yes, boo and hiss me all you like, it's just one opinion.[/color]

I don't know why people complain about how a pop star is manufactured or not. Sure if the artist wants to break out and do something different let them but just disliking them on the principle of being fake is a bit harsh. Not meaning to sound cliché but it's all about the music. I like loads of stuff that's been 'manufactured', I really liked most of the stuff from Pink's 'Can't Take me Home' album, especially 'Most Girls'. It was just to get her foot in the door, and know she's known she can do what she wants to do, whether people appreciate that or not.

Many artists change their style to change with the times, most famously Madonna who's like a little pop chameleon, like Kylie. The rock chick persona just appeals to Pink, like it does to many people who want to break out of a given mould. Really it's the only way they know how.

It's just a matter of taste really.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by doukeshi03 [/i]
[B]I don't know why people complain about how a pop star is manufactured or not. Sure if the artist wants to break out and do something different let them but just disliking them on the principle of being fake is a bit harsh. Not meaning to sound cliché but it's all about the music. I like loads of stuff that's been 'manufactured', I really liked most of the stuff from Pink's 'Can't Take me Home' album, especially 'Most Girls'. It was just to get her foot in the door, and know she's known she can do what she wants to do, whether people appreciate that or not.[/B][/QUOTE]
And let me once again say..
[quote][i]Originally posted by me, Manic[/i]
[b]I liked Pink better when she was L.A. Reid's corporate whore.[/b][/quote]
I liked "Can't Take Me Home." That was when she was more manufactured, true, but the songs were better than anything she recorded recently. Of course, that's just my opinion.

Guest The Bouncer
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Epid3mic [/i]
[B]I strongly dislike Pink. It's not so much her music being bad per se, but as a person, she is soooo fake. Notice how she only became popular when she picked up her little "rock rebel" persona. Everyone seems to conveniently her hip-hop era. It annoys me how she is just cashing in on this angsty image. [/B][/QUOTE]

I agree with you 100%. Pink is a fake. she changes with what people are listening to most.

[color=red]

I remember listening to her song, "There you Go" when it first came out. I liked that song. I personally think she could have come out with a better single than "Trouble" right now. I like the song, I do, but I think she could have done better. I don't like the music video either.[/color]

• 3 weeks later...
I like her 2 she has some really good songs I like family portrait it kinda exspresses my feelings sometimes but I also like get the party started and don't let me get me that song is really good my fav actually.