OtakuBoards

Angel Sanctuary

amiboshi

There's nothing wrong with being a cross-dresser
- Nobody said it was wrong.

Love is love is love.
- I wish everybody could be as open-minded as you. The fact is most of us would cringe to the idea of it.

It does not attack them, it re-shapes them to fit it's needs.
- Attack was a bad word for me to use. It should have been challenges.
- Maybe you should see it first.

That's the way most animes are
- They didn't even finish the whole storyline. A usual anime series is 26 episodes long. This one was about 3 or 4.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Angel sanctuary is an interesting work. The animation is amazing, and you can hardly believe the type of eye candy being used. The dub was a little disappointing though. There are some moments that are just stunning in this OVA. Yet again, it seems to be one of those "short" animes, where the action is very tightly concealed. :(

It is very much like Dragonball in a certain concept. The way that Setsuna's rage is let out after Sara gets kidnapped, I kind of like that in an anime.

By the way, Def_Kun and Darkened Skye, use the "Quote" function in the future. :)

• 1 year later...
I saw an AMV for this at the meeting of my local Miso Anime Club last night, and it got me interested in it. I'm thinking about giving it a whirl, but I hear that the ending is rather abrupt and this makes me hesitant. Maybe I'm just suffering a Blue Gender hangover(the ending to Blue Gender was crap). Has anyone here seen this? If so, what are your thoughts on it and did you think the ending was abrupt?

The ending is cliffhanger-ish abrupt. I think it's better that they didn't continue, because, just by watching the beginning and the ending (leaving the entire movie out), you can figure out what the cliched aftermath will be.

It's a short movie based on the beginning of the manga. Thankfully, that's all that was ever made. Try to completely block out all the plotholes, and it should be fine. Of course, you'll lose most of the story (which might be a good thing, haha).

[color=hotpink][size=1]I saw Angel Sanctuary and I enjoyed every minute of it. The storyline was fantastic and it was sort of sad that they didn't continue it on into more episodes. After that, I tried downloading and reading some of the manga, and that was interesting. I'm just happy to know that sometime soon it will be released from TokyoPop, I believe.[/color][/size]