OtakuBoards

::For Insane People:: Katana's Art...Stuff

Katana

*clears throat and looks at two out of two people in the audience* Hi! As some of you know, I am Katana, the kinda wannabe banner maker. Lots of people like my stuff, which makes me feel...er....happy?
First thing's first, I am only 12. I have no money at the moment *holds out empty wallet: "Broke...completly broke...."*, and so I can't/don't do anything extravagant. But still, it's fun to see well-known banner makers such as Evolved_Dragon groan because I posted a banner in a thread they posted a banner in too. ^^ (No offense, E_V)
Well, I'll probably get to explaining stuff later on, but first, this is my project from a while ago: a Hiei banner for my friend. It's not finished yet, I need to ask what she wants for a quote and stuff, but here it is!

[img]http://otakuboards.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=511454[/img]
(She likes orange and green, I threw in some black...it looks quite funky, ne?) ::BANNER YET TO BE COMPLETE::

PS: Oh yeah, comments, critisizm, whatever, are appreciated. ^^

Thats pretty good. I like it. I like how you mixed that shading into the pictures. Sometimes [like on the sword] you went in too close, and cut off the image. But aside from that, it is good. Nice idea and well done. Nice images too. Needs a border, and a quote, IMO but pretty good.

6.5/10 Nicely done.

I really like it,the effect you used with the orange,green and black is really neat and gives the banner a nice effect and it does look very funky with a neat design ^^!The pics are really great,they have a high quality and their expressions go really great with the banner and the color effect in the background,also it looks like Hiei got a tan or something :p.Also maybe a border would make it look professional or altogether.I really like the effects and pics you used they have a really great quality and look very nice overall.I hope your friend really likes it!!Also when it's done it look really great!I hope to see more soon!!

The banner is yet to be finished, so that's why there's no border or anything. And I know that some parts got erased/painted, but I planned on doing that. ^^
Anyways, I just made this for somebody in the Banner and Avatar request forum. They asked for a FLCL banner, so I went with Haruko. I love my banner! (I've never used the seperate sections thingie before =^o^= )
[img]http://otakuboards.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=511881[/img]

*prays that her thread won't die*

I really like that effect you used (the separation of the banner),it goes really well with Haruko,it just matches her really well.The background is really neat and cute,it goes really nicely with the pics and their colors.The pics have a high quality and look clean and great.I'm not too sure about the text though,maybe a different style of text would make it look better,maybe more of a funky style ^^.Overall it's really neat and great looking!!I hope to see more soon!!

The first one was great, although it was missing a border with it. Also, put some words in it. Kind of looks a little bare.
The second one is just awesome. The seperate parts make it look great, with the pics and background are just right. They mix together perfectly. But one thing...maybe you could change the font. Make it look cooler.

I'm just wonderin' if anybody's reading my note under the Hiei banner....(I put it there two days ago).
This is one I made a while ago...10/25. This is one of my better banners (except for the text color), I think, but the guy (Vincent, Final Fantasy) looks alot like Domon....especially in the chibi form. o_O
[img]http://otakuboards.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=506762[/img]
The person never responded to the thread....and now it's lost on some page in the Banner/Avatar Request forum. :bawl: