OtakuBoards

Final Fantasy, Damned to Hell

inti

OOC: Well done in your last post Loki, and keep your posts at least (well, almost) that long.
Guys, take attention of what the Harlequin has said.
POST PROPERLY. I know it sounds a little harsh, but it is nevertheless true.
If you are going to post at all, make it good. If you are only posting what your character is saying, you won't get too far, so expand on it a little.
Well, back to the RP.

IC:
Ayuta rolled her eyes.
It was time to see how the small group dealt against a few immortal creations of the Shrike Sprites. It was only a test, how hard could it be?
'Guys, I can't help you here. These...things...are the protectors of HQ. You have to beat them fair and square before they'll let you pass,' she told them.
'What are they then? Beasts? Mages?' asked Kinekumi.
'Your worst nightmares...'
'What?!' the group seemed to all shout it simultaneously.
Six shadowy figures walked slowly out of the darkness. Some were already taking shape, others staying as the shadows they were.
'This is the test that will let you in to the Shrike Sprites, or see to it that you never see the light of day again,' she explained, a hard look on her face. 'Each of you will fight one and one only. They will take shape of your worst fear, nightmare or enemy. Depends which is the most deadly. Most likely a mix of them all. Once you have fought, if you are still alive, you will come over to me. Leave the others to face their fears. The only way to join the Srites is to overcome the fears that block your path. That is our way.'
As Ayuta looked around at the group, she saw looks of fierce concentration or anger on their faces. Some looked as though they were going to turn and run though...

OOC: One last thing. I have come to realise that the shortness of some of your posts might have been (partially) my fault. If you were unsure of what was going to happen, describe the surroundings so everyone can almost experience what the characters are experiencing. That's what good posts can do to you.
Now, as for fighting the "fears", you can be really creative at this point. Just [b]don't make your fight one sided[/b]. Doing so makes the posts shorter, and less lively. It gets dull when your character becomes a god. I'll keep this in mind myself, if you will too.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The shadow Loki was about to face took the shape of his father and he staggered back "No! That [b]is[/b] my worst nightmare! My father....." he had a solemn look on his face "But you're not my true father! He's dead!" he called a chant and at the end- "WINGS!!!!" heavenly angel wings drew forth from his back "I may not be able to walk, but I can fly just as well!" he hovered into the air and the shadow changed form again...... this time into Fyre. "Damn, all of the things I can't fight! Or so they think..." he smirked and drew his staff "Heavenly light!!!!" this was different from before, it let out several sparks of bright light and the shadow took true form. "I knew you weren't my Father, or Fyre" he smirked.

The shadow jumped up and sliced his side with a blade on his back. "Heh heh heh" he smirked landing as Loki fell to the ground. The shadow moved over smirking.

"Don't count me out so easily!" he smirked and hovered up, then drew his blade "Die, shapeshifter!!!!!" he yelled lunging at it, the shadow changing again, this time into a shield like shape. Loki looked at it oddly "You're still a shadow, and shadows hate light!" he yelled and his staff glowed a bright light, then he lunged at. It was in its true form this time, and was sliced in two. "Hmph...." he watched in amazement as the shadow reformed. "How the hell am I supposed to defeat something that reforms!?" he yelled...... "Light... that's it...." he drew his staff and allowed it to emit a bright light "Hmph" he said staggering away, holding his new wound.

"I passed Ayuta, where do I go?" he staggered and fell, then sat up, his wound bleading badly. "Ahh..." he said opening his eyes wide "Do you guys have a healer?" he closed his eyes, as if to try and rest, but was a bit baffled watching the others as their shadows were starting to form... "I hope they'll be okay....."

OCC: Now I'm gonna have to come up with a fear for Maki.... Hmmm, something about her mysterious past, maybe? Dunno, I'll wing it.

the tight walkway vanished to reveal a huge, cavernous cave.
A monster took shape in front of Maki.
Maki faced a beast, it turning into the shape of a man. His hair was silver, but his face quite young. Silver strands ran into his face. His nose was small and his eyes narrow, showing coldness that went to the depth of his mind. He was topless, wearing nothing but simple brown pants and a scabbard revealing a short sword. In his ear he had a single gold earing. His mouth was twisted in a frightening smile.
Maki's face turned white, a pitiful sound came from her mouth.
"Come with me." The man said, holding his hand to her. Her eyes went blank and she screamed. Mad with anger, she began to draw daggers and lunge, the monster disguised as the man always evading. Tears streamed down her face as she attacked the creature.
It did damage to her, as it dodged her blows he used threw punches and even got her a few times with a small knife. She gave it no time to go for the sword in the scabbard.
Finally, with one more yell, she lodged a dagger in the monster's chest. Seeing it stop moving, she regained her composure and went to go stand by Loki.

OCC: I'm still not sure what that man is going to have to do with anything, but I like winging it.

OOC: So far so good!

IC:
Ayuta stood by as the others fought the various "fears".
Loki was the first to beat his opponent, which had switched between Fyre, a man (supposedly related to Loki in some way) and its true form.
Maki had also defeated her own enemy, lodging a dagger in its chest.
When Loki's "fear" revealed itself, he had spoken, possibly for comfort. Maki hadn't said anything when the shadow morphed, she'd just gone pale white and screamed.
[i]What...no, [b]who[/b] was that man??[/i] Ayuta thought to herself.
The others were still a little shocked that they were about to face their fears, and as the shapeshifters moved forward, most stepped back a little.
'The more you back away, the stronger the shadows shall be! Fight now! Or your deaths are imminent!!' she called to the group that was still to fight.

OOC: Sorry for the short post!!

[I]Damnit. That stupid shadow took the forms of my worst fears, my best friend.... and my father. How did it know that those were my greatest fears. Damn, my arm hurts like hell from that attck he gave.[/I] "AHH!" he let out a sharp yell and held his side "Damn, that hurt. I almost couldn't do it" he looked down and passed out. He was exhausted. He occassionally mumbled things like "Damn them" or "Stupid entrance exam...."

[i]He's too weak...[/i] thought Ayuta, [i]the rest of the Shrike Sprites will see it. He's far too....no...he has too many family problems.....we will have to wait and see....[/i]
Ayuta was concerned with the way Loki's family was basically the entire make-up of his fears.
'Maki, come here a minute will you?' Ayuta called.
Maki walked over, 'Is this about Loki?'
'Well...yes, I'm afraid. Look, I'll get straight to the point. The Shrike Sprites don't generally take people with a whole heap of family problems...so...could I ask you to talk to him about them? You know, lift a load off his shoulders. Just tell him to forget about his brother. We'll get rid of him soon enough. And his father? Only he can rid himself of the fear of fighting his own father. Talk to him...will you?'
'Ok, alright. I'll do it. For his sake. 'Cause if he doesn't get into the Sprites, he'll get killed, won't he? For knowing too much?' Maki asked, a little fear in her voice.
'No, I wasn't serious about that.'
Maki's face lit up a little.
'But his memory will have to be wiped clean of all events from when he ran into me.'
Maki's face drooped and she began to cry.
Ayuta spoke softly, 'Maki...Maki, listen to me. That's only if you don't speak with him...'

OOC: Sorry for the sappy post. I couldn't think of much else to write...

Maki wiped the tears off her face and nodded. Holding her head up couragesly, but feeling like crap, she walked up behind Loki. Tapping him on the shoulder he jumped slightly. Seeing it was her, he sighed in relief. "Loki, you have to put this behind you. If you don't, you won't be able to join. We wouldn't ever be able to see eachother. Put this behind you, please. Forget about your brother, or at least get used to the idea that you have a chance to get rid of him. And let your father go. You should never forget him, just let him go." She squirmed, wondering if this was the right thing o say.

"Fears are hard to face Maki......... My brother will not be one of them. I am not and will not be intimidated by him. It's the fact of someone thraetening me through my father that troubles me....." his eyes were deep and confusing, he couldn't feel or show any true emotions, fear, sadness, happiness. "Maki, I'll not let them stand in my way. I have issues I know." he smiled "But that's what creates the twists and turns in my life" he tried to stand up and fell down, a failing attempt, again. "Why are you so concerned about this Maki? You really don't even know me. Hell, I don't even kniow me. My past before my father's death was erased. My brother is my number one enemy. And now I have to worry about staying alive against shadows to join a group that won't let me in if I have too many problems. Maki, if I can't ever see you again, which I hope is not where this course of events will take us, I will never forget you"

[color=crimson]OOC: *Wow* I never thought I'd see it, but we're now a three person RPG.

IC:
Ayuta stared in horror and then thankfulness as each of the group defeated their individual fears.
[i]Wait....where's Bremma?[/i] she thought, using her elementalist powers to scry the room.
Nothing.
'Loki! Maki! Come here for a minute will you?' she called to the two. 'Guys, I can't sense Bremma in the room at all...maybe she was defeated? Did she fight? And what happened to Kinekumi? Has he fought yet?'
'Slow down Ayuta!!' Maki complained.
'Ok. Calm...ok...' Ayuta breathed deeply in and out. 'I scried the room, but I can't sense their energy...once we get into HQ, I'll bring you two back out here to find them.'
Maki began to say something, but Loki stopped her. 'That's fine with us. Right, Maki?'
He seemed to be telling her to hold back what she wanted to say, so she could say it in private later.
'Right. It's fine with us.' she finally said.
'Ok, come on then. Let's go inside.' Ayuta said and turned to the others. 'Come on guys, we're going inside.'

OOC: Bremma and Aros if you want to post, please PM me. Mage of Asgard and Wiccan Samurai, one of you can make up what the main HQ looks like. Don't forget that we're entering from a dark hall/room. Maybe the light from main HQ could hurt your eyes?[/color]

OOC: I now make banners so if you guys need new ones, come to me and ill try to make one for you, i posted one in a topic on the banner boards already......

Loki staggered up, holding his staff for support with one hand and holding his side with the other hand. He walked slowly through the dark hall. "Hey Ayuta, where is the HQ anyway? We've gone pretty far into this--" as he was walking he was interrupted by a blinding light.

Maki held her eyes and turned away, looking at Ayuta "What the hell is this, Ayuta?" she asked quickly, turning her focus back to shielding her eyes from the light.

"It's the entrance to our HQ, don't worry, you'll get used to the light eventually" Ayuta said walking right into the light. She was unphased by the blinding brightness.

"How'd you do that!?" Maki and Loki asked almost simultaneousely(sp?). Loki staggered through the light and seemed to stumble back after taking a look inside. MAki followed him and stopped, her mouth open in awe.

The HQ had everything you could imagine. The equipment they had was amazing. They used many creatures to move materials and supplies in large crates. About 700 people were visible on the HUGE floor beneath them and there were stairs to their right. On the area, grass was growing freely and the occassional flower.

"This is the only beautiful place i've seen since I left the mountain...." he seemed to trail off, looking at all the different people, from mages, to people that looked like assassins, to possibly thieves. "Where's the healer? I used up too much magic in those fights to heal myself...." he said wiping the blood away from his mouth.

"Loki are you okay?" Maki asked a bit worriedly (sp?)

"Yeah I'll be--" he was interrupted by Ayuta.

"Right here" she grabbed his arm to help support him and Maki grabbed his other arm. They both put his arms around their necks and Ayuta lead them to the Healer.

"Thanks guys" he said smiling. They laid him down on what seemed to be a bed, but it was a heap of straw. "This is more comfy than what I used to sleep on" he passed out from exhaustion, but before he said "Thanks again guys"

They both smiled and walked out, the Healer healed Loki but it would be a while before he got enough rest to get up and move around.

"So where are we going now, Ayuta?" Maki asked cheerfully, stretching her back and smiling warmly. Suddenly she looked around. There were a lot of people here, and that made her smile even more.

"Geez, it was actually kinda easy to get in, I think. I don't remembre exactly. Wow! My memory's bad!" She giggled and before Ayuta could say anything, she began to skip ahead.
"It's really nice in here! Why is that?" She began to ask a lot of stupid questions. "What's in that building? Where are they going? What's all that wood for?" She gave Ayuta no time to answer before she began another questoin.

(OCC: Heeheee, my friend is going to show her boyfriend a picture that he won't like, so I may get beat up tonight, lol. Oh well! It's not like he'd actually dare to do anything just because of that little picture. He knows I have an older brother. But, still, if I don't return, remember me as the girl who was killed by a perv because of photoshop. I blame it all on photoshop.)

[color=darkred]Ayuta walked behind Maki, ignoring her string of questions.
She'd tried to answer the first one - "Why is it so nice in here?" - but Maki had kept on with about a hundred other questions.
'Maki, slow down! How do you expect to get even [b]one[/b] answer if you don't give me the chance even to breathe between your questions?'
'What? Oh, Ayuta! This place is so great! How can it be so big without people knowing about it?'
'Well actually,' Ayuta said proudly, 'It was my greatgrandfather who found this underground paradise. Of course, it wasn't as great as it is now. Back when he found it, he founded the Shrike Sprites. They set about planting crops underground, all the while finding the best and strongest mages and fighters. Our mages, alchemists, sages, and illusionists set to creating these wonderful and exotic monsters you see around here. The beastmasters and morphers keep them under control.'
Maki struggled a little to keep up, 'What?'[/color]

He was sleeping softly, the healer was amazed by his ability to heal all of those phsyical wounds so quickly. The healer wanted to examine his body's structure, so he went to pull of Loki's shirt "You do that old man, and you'll regret ever living" he grinned and the healer ran off in fear. A light started to surround Loki and he lost consiousness (sp?) temporarily. The orb of light carrying him floated to the center area of the resistance base and just hovered there for a while. Maki and Ayuta ran over and saw Loki's figure inside. They looked worried.....