OtakuBoards

Queen, greatest rock band

Kyo no Ryu

How many f you have heard of/listen to queen? Their like an 80s band or somethin and they sing a bunch of rock songs like Bohemien Rhapsody and Champions. The Bohemian Rhapsody is truly a piece of work. Opinions.

[center] is this the real life?
is this just fantasy?
caught in a landslide
no escape from reality
open your eyes
look up to the skies and see
Im just a poor boy
I need no sympathy
cause Im easy come easy go
little high little low
any way the wind blows
doesnt really matter
to me......[/center]

Bohemian Rhapsody opening. ^

[i][color=lightpink]OMG! I love Queen. They are so wonderful. I love bohemian rhapsody. I just never understod what its about..i just laugh when i hear it...it like changes genres quickly...it makes me smile. All the time when i hear it. [/color][/i]

Queen is one of the greatest bands ever! Ladies and gentlemen, who else can make a truly awesome rocking song out of the line "I want to ride my bicycle" !!
Their best songs in my book are the always popular Bohemian Rhapsody, Bicycle, No one but You(Only the Good Gie Young - THE Greatest!), and...of course...We are the Champions!
Never gets old!!

If you consider them the greatest rock band, I'd hope you'd know more about their history than "like an 80s band or somethin" and their two biggest songs lol. They actually started in the early 70s and continued into the early 90s, before Mercury passed away. He actually died the day after he announced that he had AIDS. It's a shame too, because they were pretty much returning to their glory days at that point.

Sometime after that, Wayne's World came out and totally repopuliarized Bohemian Rhapsody, which is always a great thing. They seeminly started falling out of the public eye before that. It's one of the best rock songs I've heard, honestly. The way it switches styles so flawlessly is still amazing. It's almost unimaginable that some stations didn't want to play it as a single due to its length. There was actually a musical called We Will Rock You that came out rather recently too.

Queen is a really great band. I don't know that I'd put them in my absolute favorites, but they're pretty high up there. They do have a lot of amazing songs, but what holds them back is a rather large amount of totally lackluster ones... in my opinion anyway.

My personal favorite song of theirs is Killer Queen. Stone Cold Crazy is also pretty high up there. Despite my love for Bowie, I've never been a huge fan of Under Pressure.

Wow, i downloaded Bohemian rhapsod and it was TOTALLY what you guys werent talking about. I downloaded it a long time ago...blah...now i know what song it is. I knew it was from Queen.
Too bad I didnt know much about them, or wasnt around at their time to really appreciate them
I believe they made "we will rock you" too.
Man they were rich and famous.
Until, like every other perfect band out there, the lead singer died.
Think about it.

[b]Nirvana[/b]:[i]Kurt Cobain[/i]: shot himself
[b]Alice in chains[/b]: drug overdose
[b]Queen[/b]: aids

Somethings are so repetitive.

[i][color=lightpink]Oh they did "No one like you"? OMG! I absolutly love that song. But one thing that im gonna have to get off the subject about is, well Queen looks/seems/sounds just like X-Japan.

Ok here is how i see it...:

Queen - *major rock band in the 80's in america, & have big hair*

X-Japan - *major rock band in the 80's in Japan & have big hair as well.*

That is how i see it. Its like...wow...See they both have their good songs, and bad songs that no one seems to care for.[/color][/i]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Roxanne Leifen [/i]
[B][i][color=lightpink]Oh they did "No one like you"? OMG! I absolutly love that song. But one thing that im gonna have to get off the subject about is, well Queen looks/seems/sounds just like X-Japan.

Ok here is how i see it...:

Queen - *major rock band in the 80's in america, & have big hair*

X-Japan - *major rock band in the 80's in Japan & have big hair as well.*

That is how i see it. Its like...wow...See they both have their good songs, and bad songs that no one seems to care for.[/color][/i] [/B][/QUOTE]

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Thats hilariouse! But didnt almost all rock bands in the 80s have big hair? I dont really know much about queen I just love their songs. How does Bohemion Rhapsody make you smile??? Its a sad song. And Eugi, who is Alice In Chains?

[i][color=lightpink][size=3][font=times]To Kyo no Ryu: Oh the reason it makes me smile is becuase of how much it changes and it sounds strange whn you are really out of it and half awake on the way home from a bad night at work. Sorry if you misunderstood.[/font][/size][/i][/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Semjaza Azazel [/i]
[B]If you consider them the greatest rock band, I'd hope you'd know more about their history than "like an 80s band or somethin" and their two biggest songs lol. They actually started in the early 70s and continued into the early 90s, before Mercury passed away. [/B][/QUOTE]

Kyo and Roxanne Leifen did you read [i]any[/i] of what he said? They weren't just an "80s band". "We are the Champions", "We will rock you" and "Bohemian Rhapsody" came out in the 70s. At least I think they did. Yeah so if I'm wrong...whatever. Queen is one of my all-time favorite bands. I love must [i]all[/i] there songs. So sad when the music ended....*cries*

I love Queen, but I don't think they're [i]the[/i] greatest rock band. Although I'm not really coming up w/ anyone else at the moment. The bicycle song cracks me up. *searches for duorocks* Where are you, duo??? She loves Queen. Her dad used to be a DJ at one of our local rock stations, so they have a ton of music memorobilia etc. (70s 'til now almost)
I love Bohemian Rhapsody. My friends and I will break into it randomly...
"I'm just a poor boy, nobody loves me." "He's just a poor boy from a poor family." etc. lol
~art~

here I am art!!!
OMG! I LOVE Queen! They are one of my dad's and mine favorite groups. LIke Artemis said, my dad used to work at one of our local radio stations, so we have tons of stuff you would get if you went to a concert, tons of autographs, ect. I think my dad actually meet queen once. You know, they probably would still be around today, if Freddie wouldn't have died. Let's see....some of my favorite songs: the ones already mentioned, Flash...(you know, everytime i hear the theme to Big O it makes me want to cringe...that guy totallly ripped them offf!!!)...Killer Queen is a good one, and Somebody to Love and Play the Game sometimes make me want to cry, depending on the mood I'm in at the time. I can't think of any more right now, but i'll add some later.
You know, i think Queen really revolutionized the way rock is represented today. There songs have so much feeling, which you can clearly see in rock music today. I don't know, that's just my thoughts.

[color=silver]Always loved Queen, always will, and what makes me even more proud is that they were British. I know lots of 80's bands were but a majority of huge hit bands have been American.

I did actually see the 'We Will Rock You' show with my dad, excellent show, the whole music being banned thing worked really well.

Anyway, Bohemian Rhapsody rapped up most of their songs due to the mixture of genres in one song, it's a fantastic song don't get me wrong but just because the [i]Mighty Ducks[/i] used the song Champions, doesn't mean it was their best, heh.

I do recommend going to see the show though, it's been in the West End of London (Like Broadway to New York) for a while but it's a definite good show so get out there. [/color]