OtakuBoards

A Mage's Force (PG13-R)

TeRRaFLaMe

suddenly awakening, he felt rain pound on his face, Raist got up and stared around, it was raining bad, although he didnt mind getting a little wet, this wasnt little.
he got up and started heading towards the little cave he knew, he settled down, staring at the outside. he liked his little cave, it was a place only he knew about, surrounded by a large open grass field he found on the outskirts of the city, he could be alone with his thoughts there,he wasnt a very social person, one of the reasons being he never realy knew how to talk to other ppl.
he started chanting a few words and then set a small fire to get warm and dry up, he was preety skillfull with most elements of magic,usualy studying by himself in his quite medow, he liked this silence, lying next to the fire, he dozed off and fell asleep again

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[i][color=lightpink][font=times][size=4]Simone sat there and waited, looking around to see where she was exactly, squirming around some wanting to walk, but knew she couldnt waiting for Dai to come back with something, being a bit hungry but not too much. she smiled softly when he was comming back, seeing what he brought, not sure what it was, and what foods were around here. "thank you." she said softly.[/color][/i][/font][/size]

OOC: Anime Otaku, before posting, you first need to sign up for this RPG in the Rectruitment forum. Thanks. ^_^

-----

Dai sat down on the bench next to Simone and smiled at her.

"Here." he said, offering a piece of pizza to her, "Try it, it's not half bad."

He laughed a bit and slowly ate a piece of pizza, glancing around the area of the mall they were in.

Tilting his head a bit, he looked back over at Simone.

"So, what now?" he said, looking at his watch and noticing it was 6:30 and still pouring down rain outside.

"Well, unless you're interested in running around in the rain, I guess we're stuck here for now." he said, laughing a bit. "So... how is your ankle feeling?"

'Cast' watched Dai and Simone from a neerby table, She'd seen both of them about before, at school. She'd seen the looks she'd given him in the coridors. This, she knew without magic. Some things where obvious. Well, they where to Cast. She diden't even know weather Simone realised it yet.

'Most people where like that, they either didn't realise it or they didn't want to know. They where the people who held their memories dear, and in doing so, surrounden themselvs in the past. The past is what you remember it to be, your memories are not the truth, the past is not the truth, only the 'now' exists.'

She thaught all this, simultaniously muttering it under her breth as she sat watching all that happened around her, focused mainly on her two fellow students at their table.

OOC: ok i signed up
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

IC: Raist woke up again, the fire still burning dimly next to him, he looked outside, it was getting dark, and still raining bad.
"i better get home, i guess...."
he took his spell book and put it back in his back pack, spilled some dirt on the fire and put it out, then started walking outside.
he glanced around, he didnt want to get wet again, and he had no umbrela or something to keep him from gettin wet, but he didnt need one, he streched out his arms, closing his eyes to concentrate then he started chanting a few words, there seemed to be no change, but when he started walking outside, the rain drops slid around him and didnt hit him, to anyone who looked at him it seemd like he had a sphere of water surrounding him, he sighed, then starting walking back towards the city

[i][color=lightpink]Simone eat half of the pizza and started to feel full. She never really did eat much but something else was bothering her, she could hear someones thoughts. Looking up and towards 'Cast' she blinked once and tilted her head to the side, her orangered hair moved with her head tilt. She tried harder to listen to what 'Cast' was saying, hearing the words clearly, her eyes starting to fill with tears, remembering her past, her mother, and only seeing her father a couple times. She felt the pain comming out, not just becuase she turned her ankel but to the fact that she didn't want to remember the past. She wanted to make a new life for herself, then snaps out of it hearing Dai saying her name, "Ya...oh no...my ankel still hurts....i can't move it now. And I really liked the pizza, but I'm full and lost my appitite.[/color][/i]

Dai tilted his head and looked over at Simone.

"What's wrong?" he said, noticing the tears running down her face.

He then turned his head, trying to see what she had been looking at, and noticed Cast watching them.

He stood up and walked over to near where Cast was, and shot a glance at them, wondering what they were trying to pull.

He noticed that he caught Cast's attention, and simply said "I don't know who you're after or why, but I'll be watching you the same way you're watching us.".

He walked back to the bench and sat back down, continuing to glare over at Cast.

[color=blue][size=1]Kitty began walking into the rain, becoming soaked within minutes. People who walked by with umbrellas all stared and pointed as she walked by. One boy came up to her and offered her his umbrella, but she ignored him and tried to walk on, but he grabbed her arm and held her back.

"Hey! Wait a minute! Why don't you want to stay dry? Hello? Are you listening to me?!"

He let go of her arm as she turned towards him angrely and stared at him. She sighed and took the umbrella. The boy's face lit up, thinking he had convinced her.

"Next time, leave me alone."

She dropped the umbrella in a trash can next to her, and walked on. She didn't stay to watch the boy fish it out, she just continued walking.

After a while, she reached her home and entered quietly. She looked at her watch, which now read 7:13. Her mother walked up to her and took her bag. She looked disappointed as she saw how wet Kitty was.

"Really, Kitty. You shouldn't just walk around in a storm like this! You could catch a cold or an even worse disease."

Kitty walked into her room and changed into dry clothes. She went back into the living room to see her father reading a magazine on the couch.

As she approached her bag on the table next to him, he said, "Hello kitten. How was school today?"

Kitty's eyed widened, but said nothing. She grabbed her bag and went to the garage. She pulled out her book and began practicing for fun.[/color][/size]

Guest Skyechild91
Talia tapped Dai on the shoulder, startling him. "Hey, Dai, why the hell are you staring at him like that?" Dai turned around, and sighed as he recognized her. "Good gods, Tal, dont do that! I could have hit you with something!" Talia grinned. She knew he couldnt have actually hurt her, as she had excellent sheilds up. [I] Oh, really? [/I] she sent to him telepathically. Her green adn gold eyes danced with laughter.

OOC: Not a bad start, but not a good one eather...

[i][color=lightpink]Simone looked at Dai walk over to 'Cast' and say something to her then come back. She had a confused lookon her face, wiping her eyes with her feingers, trying to wipe the tears away thinking she should share this with him of why she is really crying. "Dai...I'm going to show you what I am so upset about...she was saying something about the past..well mine is horrible....look" she said softly bring ing back one of her memories.

*~Memory~*

She was 3 years old, She was looking up at her father, crying a bit hugging his leg. "no daddy dont leave..."

Her father hugs her softly, "I have to. Your mother wants to keep you and I would think you would do better with me in Germany, but you have to stay here and be good for your mother and keep in contact with me. Can you do that for me hunny?"

"Alright daddy. Ill be good I promise. And Ill call you everyday." she sniffled and wiped her nose a bit, looking so cute.

*~*

Simone sighed deeply and finished the memory feeling kind of light headed. "Wel..that is what i am crying about...i feel so silly. Its the fact that my mother hurt me so much." she looked up at Taila and looked down at the floor quickly trying to hide her tears again.

----------------------------

OOC: Hey TerraFlame guess who her father is.[/color][/i]

Raist finally got into town, started heading towards his home, on his way more then a few ppl stared at him and his water sphere, some dissgused, some a bit interested.
a small kid suddenly ran up to him and started dancing around him and poking his sphere, facinated by it, he stopped, looked down and smiled, he like little kids in a way, they were innocent, he liked that about them, he crouched down, started moving his index finger in a circle and the water on the sphere suddenly came to life, performing little tricks for the child, she smiled and gigled at the show, but then suddenly her mother ran up to her screaming,
"get back here now!, dont go near him!, it might be dangerouse"
Raist got up, raisd the colar of his jacket as to hide his face, then continued pacing towards his house

Dai patted Simone on the back and smiled a bit.

"Nah, it's not silly, everybody cries about something once in a while."

He then turned around and looked at Talia, raising an eyebrow.

"You're always looking for some kind of competition, aren't you?" he said, scratching his head, not looking too terribly pleased.

"Bleh... I'm in no mood for a fight now..." he said, sighing and shaking his head.

Guest Skyechild91
Talia grinned. [I] Maybe... or just someone to talk to...[/I] She sent. She sat down next to Simone, and squeezed her shoulders. "Hey, youll be okay! You always are, Simone-chan!" She shot Cast a nasty look, and got up. SHe stood in front of him, hands on her hips. "What do you want, jerk?" She asked out loud. [I] Maybe I do always like to get in fights...[/I] She sent back to Dai.

OOC: Talia speaks to Dai in telepathy only, guys! Guess why!^^

[color=blue][size=1]Kitty heard the lightning and thunder outside start to grow louder as she practiced. She stopped for a while and looked through the window in the garage door.

"Hmm.... sounds at least 20 miles away.... Damn it's a big one."

Suddenely the door from the house opened and Kitty reacted quickly, but recovered in time to miss her mother. Her mother stood startled in the door way for a moment, then shook her head and smiled.

"Practicing for a test, sweetie? Well, take a break and have some dinner."

"Bring it out here. I don't want to eat in the house tonight," Kitty said.

Her mother looked puzzled. She was about to ask why, but the thunder stopped her. She sighed and nodded. Kitty turned as she shut the door, and began practicing again. Her stomach growled, so she decided to stop and wait for her mother.[/color][/size]

Nita walks through rows and rows of books. The school liberary was big. The only problem was that there were only a few books on her topic for her project.
She grabed a few and went to the check out line. As the liberarian checked her books out she notaced that a storm was coming and it was raining hard already.
Great she tought, her dog was going to follow her everywhere she went.
Time to go home or else mom will wonder.
She said good bye to the liberarian and left.

Cast looked up at Talia as if realising for the first time that she's there, grining, starts to wisper in the real world.

"You enjoy this don't, you? This power. The respect and fear that it encites in the 'normals'. It's all a game to you. It's all about winning. You don't see or realize that none of it matters. You, me, this world. Why should you be greater than others? Why must you prove yourself. You are no more sigificant than this table, this storm, these people. You challange, you confront, you compete, all to hide yourself from reality. Not 'truth' but reality. Why this facade?"

At the same time, Cast sent the memories screaming around Talia's mind. Talia's old playmates, taunting and teasing, yelling and laughing.

Cast looked up at Talia and the memories stopped. She let out a low chuckle and, grinning, said in real world and Talia's thaughts "Now, will you prove me right and confront me, or will you break the cycle and leave?"

[color=blue][size=1]As Kitty finished her food, she quickly packed her bag. She decided to outside and practice against the force of the storm. It was closer now. At least 14 miles away. She went inside the house and put her bag in her bedroom, then went outside through the window.

"Damn... It seems so powerful. The wind is a lot faster and stronger than any average storm..."

She shook her head and concentrated as she felt the wind blow against her. After a few seconds of steady breathing and concentration, she muttered a short spell, and the air's force lessened. She then smiled and chanted a longer one, this time stopping the force completely around her. She wasn't in a bubble, but the wind was being forced around her.

"Kitten? Get inside kitten, the storms getting out of control. Come see the news!" she heard her father say from her room.

This made her lose her concentration. The wind regained it's force and hit Kitty so hard it nearly sent her flying. She quickly climbed back inside through her window and shut it. She followed her father in to the den and stood next to the couch as her parents sat down.

"...This may be one of the worst storms this city has ever seen. Of course, buildings, and small homes will survive the storm without much damage, but small vehicles left in the street along with some trees might be lifted off the ground and thrown about during the storm. Our team of experts believe that the storm should end between midnight tonight and two in the morning. You might not get a good night sleep tonight, folks at home! And in other news--" Her father turned it off and got up with her mother.

Kitty got up to go outside and her parents went into the kitchen to clean up dinner. "Hmm... I hope our kitten doesn't have too many tests tomorrow. She might not get enough rest to stay awake through them all," she heard her father say as she reached the door. All of a sudden she felt bad about skipping school, and decided she wouldn't skip. Tomorrow at least.[/color][/size]

Smyth sat in his room at the Mage School's board wing. Not many people stayed at the school on board. Most had homes in the city.
So anyway, Smyth was sitting in his room on his bed, crosslegged.
Tonight, the storm was raging outside, so it was the perfect chance to enhance his skills in lightning magic.
He sat there, facing the window, chanting the incantations needed to expand his ability.
His eyes began to glow bright yellow, like the sun, and he rose from the bed a few inches. There was a glowing yellow aura shifting and shimmering around him, and his white hair lifted and swirled with the magic aura. It was truly a sight to see.
Normally, he would be expelled for doing this on school grounds, but since there was basically no one around, and even those that were here would most likely stay unharmed, he was free to do as he wished.
There was one side effect of the spell he was doing though. Since there was a raging storm going on outside, the magic lightning he was producing added to the storm.
The city was in for a rough night...

OCC: I thought this could maybe link to the way Kitty kept an eye on how close the lightning and thunder was.
It's a short post, but I'm stuck for time.

Raist finaly got home after another 15 minutes of walking in the city, he was about to go inside when he felt something changed in weather, he took off his sun glasses and stared deep into the storm, something unnatural was in it now, something magical increased its power, but he didnt have time to think about it now, he had a test tomorrow at school, and the sphere spell draind him a little more then he expected, probably because the storm was so strong tonight, he shrugged and went inside, took off his cloths, and went to bed, waiting for tomorrow.....

[color=blue][size=1]Now Kitty stood outside in the heavy rain, strong winds, loud thunder and sudden lightning.

[i]It's getting closer every second... And now something magical is definitly adding to it...[/i] She walked out the door to her house and stood in the middle of her driveway.

She summoned a water bubble, absorbing the rain and giving her strength. She then floated towards the school to find out the source of the new power in the storm.

OOC: I know it isn't very long, but it doesn't have to be... right? And there really isn't anything real big for Kitty to do. Eh.[/color][/size]

[i][color=lightpink]Simone sighed deeply and looked up at Taila and shook her head, "No...just dont fight right now please...? Taila please dont get in a fight with Dai...we dont need a friggen hole in the celing then like all of the rain will come in here and that would be a huge mess. Just wait till things calm down a bit then do your fighting alright?" she tried to explain what she wanted to getting it out very quickly, hoping they understood what she said. She was german and she loved to talk very quickly, but she had to slow down at times, so they could follow along.[/color][/i]

[color=blue][size=1]As Kitty neared the source of the storm's magical boost, she realized she was heading towards the school. She wasn't very surprised though. She landed and her bubble evaporated. She headed inside and went upstairs towards the library, thinking that the person adding to the storm might be practicing for some reason.

She entered quietly and walked between the rows. She had anticipated at least a couple people, but in the end only saw the librarian. The librarian was quietly reading, but looked up when he heard Kitty's footsteps.

"Hello. Do you need some assistance?" he kindly asked her. She looked at him strangely, not used to faculty being kind to her. She nodded and asked him, "Did anyone come in here recently? And if they did, were they practicing any magic?"

"As a matter of fact, one student was in here only a few minutes ago. But she didn't use any spells. I do notice something magical adding to the storm from the school, though. Unfortunatly, I don't know where exactly it's coming from."

Kitty thanked him and walked out. She tried to find the source, but it was quite hard. She concentrated, but it still didn't work. Whoever was adding was either in a very deep trance, or was carefully cloaking their position. However, she didn't give up, and she walked up a flight of stairs and began searching another floor.[/color][/size]

Dai nodded, looking at Simone and then over at Talia.

"Yeah, we definitely don't need any fights going on right now..." he said, scratching his head.

He locked his gaze on Cast again, watching her closely, somewhat disturbed by her.

"There's seriously something wrong with that person over there..." he said, shaking his head and closing his eyes for a few seconds.

"So... what now? We've all just been sitting here... we should make some better use of our time as we wait out the rain in this... over-populated place." he said with a rather tired look on his face.

He stood up slowly, stretching a bit, and walked in circles around the bench, crossing his arms and staring at the floor as he thought.

[i][color=lightpink]Simone laid down on the bench, leaving a spot so Taila could sit down. Looking up at Dai pacing around the bench thinking. She wondered if he was alright deciding to ask him that, "So..Dai you alright? You seem a bit troubled...and that person over there is kind of scary...." she speaks softly talking about 'Cast' finding the girl a bit frightening to her. 'Cast' had tat familier aura of someone she knew very well, her mother. 'Cast' reminded her of her mother and sighed deeply.[/color][/i]