OtakuBoards

A Mage's Force (PG13-R)

TeRRaFLaMe

He stopped walking and looked at Simone.

"I agree... something is troubling about that person... and I don't like it. Something is definitely not right." he said as he looked over to Cast.

Dai thought to himself for a little while, and got an idea to see if this Cast person was really out to get them.

"Let's go to a different area to the mall." he said quickly and bluntly, narrowing his eyes and nodding slowly.

He walked over to Simone and helped her to her feet.

"Will you be able to walk?" he said, looking a bit worried.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[i][color=lightpink]Simone looked up at Dai and shrugged a bit, standing up and amost fell over, falling against Dai, and held onto him, "I'm taking this as a no...I'll still need help."

"Alright. Let's go..." Dai said and he helped Simone walk. Taila was on the other side of Simone helping her a bit, to keep her balance, knowing the girl had no sence of balance at times.[/color][/i]

Raist tossed and turned in his bed, for some reason he wasnt able to fall asleep,for some reason the magical power in the storm was disturbing him.
He got up, stared into the storm, sensing the magical energy getting a bit stronger every minute, he got up, dressed,and left the house.

He stood in the rain trying to sense the direction of the power, when he noticed it came from the mage's acadamy, in fact he was sensing another magical aura now, someone just used a spell, both the auras where in the acadamys direction, and Raist decided to go check it out, he had nothing else better to do.

The acadamy wasnt that far away, he decided to walk the distance, he created his protective sphere again, and headed towards the school.....

Dai continued walking with them, helping Simone as they went along. Every few seconds, he would glance back towards Cast, trying to make sure she wasn't following them.

He spotted a short, empty hallway, and they quickly walked down it, trying to avoid being seen by Cast, who was still sitting in the same spot, but was still in sight.

As they walked to the end of the hallway, Dai nodded to himself.

"Ok, let's stay here for a little while... I'm kinda... testing that person who was watching us..." he said, feeling kind of clever for once.

[i][color=lightpink]Simone blinked and looked up at Dai a bit confsued and nodded, agreeing with him, "Ya...that person is kind of scaring me. D*mmit! Don't they have like a medical center thingy in the mall somewhere...I need to get my ankle looked at. It's really bugging me....and that rain...someone is using magic behind it..." she said slowly thinking about it for a moment.[/color][/i]

Smyth snapped out of his trance-like state, dropping to the bed.
Someone....no...more than one person had noticed he was doing a large and fairly dangerous spell. He sensed one aura 'pop', as the first person entered the schoolgrounds.
A couple of minutes later, another aura was invoked. This time further away.
Smyth thought about how they could have been tracking his spell, then thought of the storm.
[i]Ahh....elements...lightning is a part of this storm, so I was, of course, adding to it...elementary...[/i] he chuckled at the thought.
He could sense the trackers losing the 'scent' of his spell.
'Hmm...they'll still try to find me, or in their case, the source of the magic,' he said aloud to himself, 'Well, let's give them a challenge then...'
He cast the cloaking spell of earth on the boarding wing of the school. If he did it to just his room, there would be an inequality, too noticable, therefore defeating the purpose of the cloaking spell in the first place. Also, to make these young mages who were tracking him lose his scent, an earth spell was only fitting. A lightning spell would just lead them to him, and he would still be adding to the spell.
Being the best in the academy at field work (including cloaking and couter-spells) had its advantages.

as Raist got closer to the acadamy, suddenly he started loosing the sense of the spells source

"whats going on here...., i must be too tierd...."

then Raist looked up at the storm,it was still raging, but it somehow calmed down

"so thats it, the spell broke, does he know im coming?, i barely used any magical energy, certainly not enough to be detected from that far away....or maybe its the second aura i dedected...i better check it out, i guess...."

Raist started picking up his pace, in a few minutes, he arrived at the school grounds.....

[color=blue][size=1]A chill went through Kitty as a spell was cast over the boarding wing. She had just stepped through the doors into the building, but had anticipated finding nothing. She was wrong. She also noticed that the storm was calming down as the cloaking spell arisen.

[i]The one who was adding to the storm is now hiding his tracks. Hmm....[/i] She looked around the bottom floor, but there was nothing. She decided to try a spell, a very good tracker indeed.

She stood quietly and chanted a few words, summoning a formation of wind. It looked like a small raven. It suddenely flew towards the ceiling and went right through it. She waited for it to return. It returned to her after about a minute, then it flew towards the stairs.

It signaled for her to follow. She followed it through many hallways and stairwells, leading to certain hallway on the third floor. It vanished into thin air in a gust of wind. There was a choice of four doors.

She opened each one carefully, but the first three were empty. She reached the fourth and walked in. No one was there. The one who had cast the cloaking spell was very good, no doubt. It had even fooled her tracking spell.

Kitty gave up on using her normal spells. For the next one, she took a book out of her bag. She laid against a wall and flipped through the pages, until she came upon a spell that was fool-proof.
---------------------
OOC: Hey, inti? What floor ARE you on?[/color][/size]

OCC: Hehehe...I'm on the fourth floor, not long to go.

IC:
Smyth, being in his last year at the academy, was top of the line in detection and cloaking {OCC: that's why he noticed Raist}.
He'd only been discovered by a few people while cloaking himself. And he thought highly of each one of them. Only three had done it so far. And he wasn't expecting it to happen today.
But a part of him wanted the trackers to find him (well...almost find him anyway). He wanted to have some fun, to push himself to the limit.
As he finished cloaking the boarding wing, he felt the closest tracker conjure something. Something that would find him if he wasn't careful.
He decided to play the poltergeist, and trick the summoned [i]thing[/i].
He thought the words of a spell, and they appeared in the air in front of him. With a flick of his hand, they dissappeared into the room below him.
The conjured [i]thing[/i] would think he was on the third floor, leading the tracker the wrong way while he prepared a few more tricks.
Smyth pulled out his Book of Shadows (personal spellbook/journal), and selected some of the spells he'd come up with himself. They were perfectly undetectable.
Or so he thought.

OCC: There you go Kitty! Something to work with!

[i][color=lightpink]"Hey Dai...there is something really wrong with this whole typhoon weather deal...there is someone behind it...It feels familier...like someone we all know is behind it, cuasing it to happen...you know...its at the school..." Simone spoke lightly to herself figuring it out, wondering how she could get there to somehow put an end to it.

-----------------------

OOC: Inti am I one of the 3 people who where put in that room?[/color][/i]

[color=blue][size=1]OOC: Here comes the big spell!! *laughs evily*
-----------
IC:

Kitty knew that this spell was advanced, but that had never stopped her. She skipped most of school, but was still two years advanced in her abilities. This spell took a long chant, but it'd pay off. It took her at least 2 minutes to finish chanting it, and that's a long time for a spell.

Like her earlier tracking spell, it appeared in the formation of a raven. It was a swirly blue and white, merely floating in front of her. She know held up a piece of paper from her backpack. It was blank and small, but it would track the source down for sure. The 'raven' flew at the paper, and it landed on the floor.

Suddenely the paper was engulfed in a sphere of water and air, as was the entire floor. Doors flew open, windows opened up and down, papers and things inside the rooms flew everywhere, then they all fell back into place. The people in the rooms didn't seem bothered at all. The water/air sphere then flew up through the ceiling (as had the earlier tracking spell) but now brought Kitty with it.

It now engulfed a hallway on the fourth floor, opening doors and windows, and pulling things inside the rooms out of their places, but as they returned, the sphere followed to a certain place. Kitty followed to see it engulfing a boy that looked quite flustered at the sphere.

Kitty then chanted the last bit of the spell, making it dissappear and the paper fall on the floor as the boy fell to his bed. She picked up the paper and put it in her bag. She was silent, and the boy stood up impressed at how Kitty had tracked him down.
-------------------
OOC: I have a lack of imagination. *stares blankly*[/color][/size]

OCC: Roxanne, I guess your character could be one of the three who'd tracked down Smyth previously.
Cool stuff Kitty. Anyway, back to the RPG...

Smyth looked up at the girl. She was only about 16...
[i]How the hell could SHE have done that?![/i] he cried out, shocked and angered, in his thoughts.
'So, it was [b]you[/b] causing the storm to go all haywire,' she said, staring blankly at him. Maybe there was a hint of accusation in her voice, but he couldn't tell. He still wasn't over the fact that she had beat him at his own game.
Then it all clicked.
'You...' he started, 'You're that girl...the one that always skips school...they say you're two years ahead of your class. Or year level, anyway. I've also heard that you beat the fieldwork teacher in a challenge. And [b]she[/b] challenged [b]you[/b]. You must be good.'
Smyth was astonished that this girl, the one person he hoped to one day duel in a field fight (not knowing who she was, he'd just heard rumours and wanted a challenge), had just beat him.
He stood up and bowed.
Kitty looked at him strangely, 'What the hell are you doing?'
'Well, not many people have beaten me at my own game, and I always [b]did[/b] hope to challenge you. Good match,' he stood up and held out his hand, Kitty just looked at it. 'Don't tell me you don't know how to shake hands?' said Smyth.

[color=blue][size=1]Kitty was surprised that he had bowed, along with the fact that he'd heard so much about her. She wasn't used to people thinking so highly of her. She slowly reached out her hand to shake his. He smiled at her, but she only stared with disbelief.

He noticed her face, so he tried to snap her out of it. "Are you okay?" It worked. She snapped back and returned to her normal blank face. Before she left, she noticed that she hadn't asked for his name. As she turned for the door, she asked him, "What's your name?"

"Smyth. What's yours?" "Kitty," she said as she walked down the hallway. She waved behind her and walked down to the bottom floor and left the building. [i]Smyth, huh? Hmm.... It'll be an interesting day tomorrow...[/i][/color][/size]

[color=indigo]
OOC: Sorry it took me so long to post everyone! ^^;
IC:
Rune walked into the headmaster's office nervously. The secretary turned to her, and said kindly, "Mr. Kaltrop should be with you momentarily." She steered Rune into a spacious office, where a tall, balding man was talking with someone on his cell phone. He saw Rune, and ended his conversation quickly, shoving the phone in his pocket and taking a seat behind his large oak desk, motioning for Rune to do the same. She sat, and started fiddling with her pendant, a triangular locket that would never open no matter how hard she tried. "Well now, I understand you want to start attending school here. Rune Selith, aged 15. Orphaned in a car accident three years ago, spent two years in an orphanage, the last living with your... aunt I believe?" Rune nodded when she realized she was supposed to answer the question. "Yes sir, my mother's sister." Nodding curtly, the headmaster went on. "Yes, very well. I hear that you were struck by amnesia in the accident, and that you have no memory of any magical specialty, or even your elements. Very well, I'll place you in the care of a student for a while, who will get you used to the place. I will need about an hour to draw up a schedule and get your room ready. The library is right next door, why don't you wait there?" He seemed like he wanted to get rid of her, so Rune quickly ran to the library through the rain. Once she was safely inside, a thumping noise from upstairs knocked her down, crashing her into a coatrack. Rubbing her elbow, she pulled herself up to find out what all the commotion was.
[/color]

OOC:let's make this interesting?

IC:
A peircing scream ripped through the minds of everyone in the mall, people began to run and add their own screams to it. The 'normals' where in histerics, all running away from the food court.
Dai and Simone looked at eachother and began to fight their way up the stream of fleeing normals, their hearts in their mouths. By the time they reached the food court the crouds had vanished and they could hear sirens in the distance.
The strange kid was sprawled accros her table in a pool of her own blood, the shene made the more eary by the flickering shadows that where where they shouldn't have been.
Breifly, the shadows formed a single word "OUTCAST".
The blood began to drip from the table?

Guest Skyechild91
Talia saw the blood, and gasped. [I] Dai-![/I] She sent to him, then did the same for Simone. She ran over to the girl on the table, and gasped again in horror at the wound. [I] OH GREAT!!! Dai, Simone, get over here![/I] She stared in shock.

OOC: Sorry, Ive gone brain dead, guyS!

[B]The shadow words vanish and the blood begins to swirl and part, forming a phrase;"The pretenders will die; The true rulers shall come again; We are the outcasts; The true mages; the holders of the cages"

The words change again, the blood flowing:

"The boy child is locked in the fishermans yard
There's a blooless moon where the oceans die
A shoal of nightstars hang fire in the nets
And the chaos of cages where the crayfish lie?"

The blood pools back together and drips to the floor.
cast stares blankly at the wall while her eyes glaze over.[/B]

Raist entered the school grounds and stared around for a while, he detected something but wasnt sure what it was, he decided on a simple plan.
Raist closed his eyes and placed his hands infront of them, chanting a few words and then put his hands down, he took off his glasses, and then cracked open his eyes, they were both glowing, each in her own colour, he cast a simple dedect illusion spell, and now was able to see it all clearly.
He saw a boy up in a cloacked floor"

"an earth elemental illusion spell, that explains it all...."

he gave a half smile,but then he noticed another person, a girl just outside the door next to where he was, they may be connected he thought
"i better not reavel myself yet, dont know why...."

Raist quickly went to hide behind a piller across from the door to wait for the girl to leave......

[color=blue][size=1]Before Kitty left the school, she noticed someone had stopped by, probably because of Smyth. He wasn't in plain view, but he was there. She shook it off, though. She was bored and didn't want to stay at school any longer.

The bubble of rain was summoned again, and she stepped in. She flew away as the calmed storm merely swayed her bubble side to side.

When she returned home, her parents looked startled. "You weren't out there in the rain this whole time, were you," her mother asked.

Kitty shook her head and entered her room. She sat down on her bed and rummaged through her bag. She pulled out a book and began practicing again.[/color][/size]

[i][color=lightpink] Simone read the words and looks upset, her eyes were wide with fear and looked at Dai then to Taila. "Whats...going on...? Who is doing this...why would they do this?!" she askes sound a bit panicy but takes a deep breath and calms down, shaking her head knowing she should stay calm, and thinks what her father would do in this situation.[/color][/i]

[color=indigo]
OOC: Um, in case you didn't notice, Rune is a new student. Meaning she most likely doesn't know people yet.
IC:
Rune slowly climbed up the winding stairs of the library, but it seemed completely deserted. However the lack of people only made the disturbance more... disturbing. There was also a lot of residual magic in the air, as though a rather large and powerful spell had been performed quite recently. It gave Rune the shivers, and she quickly went back downstairs. She let herself out of the darkened library and looked around for another building she could wait in. Spotting one nearby, she ran towards it. However, a crack of lightning made her look away, so she didn't see the guy as she crashed right into him.
[/color]

OOC: lol, unless you noticed none of the other students know much about the others either

IC:
Raist waited for the girl to leave, and then headed towards to entrence to the building but suddenly he crashed down on the floor, his eyes slowly stoped glowing, returning to their "normal" state.

"*pant* *pant*,im...too tired....i better go rest"

raist saw that the rain was still raging outside, he decided he best not walk home like this, so he thought the library will make a good quiet place to rest, he slowly rose from the floor and headed towards the library

OOC:maybe that will give you a chance to meet other students eh?;)

Smyth waited until Kitty had left, then rushed into the library.
He had to find a book on how to combine elemental powers. That way he'd be able to create a cloaking spell strong enough to withstand even an Elder's tracking spells. Or so he hoped. He didn't want anyone tracking him again. It brought back bad memories.

[i]Smyth ran from hiding place to hiding place. He was only 9 years old.
There were people everywhere, looking for him. Their tracking spells easily caught onto him. At this time, he didn't know many cloaking spells, but he'd managed to write one himself, combining the ones he knew, combining his elements.
He muttered the words, creating small rip, or "seam" in the air in front of him.
He stepped inside, and all was dark. He turned and held the rip closed, so that no-one would notice him, but so that he could still get out.
The Elders were running their tracking incantations off the tips of their tongues quickly and efficiently.
One of them pointed over to the seam that Smyth had created. They all ran over examining, what looked like, thin air.
They could tell that a great cloaking spell had been cast, and Smyth could see in their eyes that they knew he was here. He could also see that it would only be a matter of time until they tore the seam open and ripped him out.
They did it with such magical force that it knocked all memory of any cloaking spells out of his mind.
They wiped his memory clean, replacing it with nicer memories. They made sure he wouldn't remember the cloaking spell he'd just done (a historical first) so that he wouldn't be able to run away if they ever needed him for some reason.
The day was traumatic.
They couldn't just magic away the memories, they'd had to beat them out of him...[/i]

Smyth shuddered. Well, he was here now. And all he remembered of that day was that it had caused him to lose an important part of his memory.
As he walked towards the library, he was so deep in his own thoughts that he didn't notice that a girl was running blindly towards him.
The crash was imminent.

OCC: The girl is Rune, if the crash hasn't already happened with Raist. If it has, then Smyth will crash into Rune as she's getting up, or something of the likes.

Dai's eyes widened, amazed and disturbed by what was happening. He shook his head, closing his eyes for a bit, trying to piece together everything that was happening. The screams and gasps around him knocked him out of the slight trance he was in, and he pulled himself together.

"What did that mean...?" he said, his eyes still widened. He was confused and scared, thinking maybe he was in over his head in the whole mage thing. He knew the mage legends of things that supposedly happened in the past, he practiced the ways of the mage since he found out he was one, but he had never been involved in something so strange, something so obviously directed at him and the people around him. Unlike most of the time, this time he had no idea what to do.