OtakuBoards

'Snatch' banner

Syk3

[color=teal]I had decided a few weeks ago that I was in need of a new banner, but it wasn't until last night that I finally found something to base it off of. While watching one of my favorite movies, Snatch, seeing the final fight again truely inspired my to, once again, break out my Photoshop, heh.

So yes, the banner was created around a movie called Snatch, and without venturing too far off topic, it has some really cool unlicensed bare-knuckle boxing matches, which my banner pays tribute to, in particular.

I experimented with a lot of different styles and technique during the creation of this banner. Many of you who have followed my art know how rare it is that I make a banner, but even more so that I may make one with real people; that is, I mainly stick to anime and gaming. I actually took my own screen shots that you see in the image from my computer DVD program. I practiced with a grungy feel, as well as using different colors for seperate pictures in the image. I ventured away from my usual 'black and white' border and added a strange 2-pixel black border that seems to fit well with the rest of the banner. I used some noise, some contrast, lines, etc. Something to note is that I intentionally tried to keep the focus of the banner on the actual pictures, so the text isn't meant to stand out or anything.

And this is how I enjoy my day off of school. I worked much of the day on it, in which I told myself that I'd actually try hard on it, unlike something such as the FLCL eyebrow one I made for kicks. But while I did try to encorporate a lot of my skill in this, I experimented with a bunch of tenchiques on the same token. Enjoy.

Comment and critique are welcome and [i]encouraged[/i].[/color]

[img]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=523431[/img]

[color=#9933ff]
Roxie: oooo. Ish cool.
Roxie: bloody, but cool
Roxie: ^^;
Syk3: Bloody but cool? =-O
Syk3: Bloody cool, I say. 8-)

Oh yeah. Syk's bannah ish cool. Or bloody cool, same thing. ('cept bloody cool is British. ¬_¬)

The people in the banner remind me of wrestlers, for some reason. O.o I don't know if that's a good thing or not... Also, the green space in the middle, if you look at it closely, it looks like Syk used a tool to scratch out someone's head there. He probably didn't intend to, and that's what's c00.

Yeah, yeah, I know I'm supposed to critique this, but I'm really bad at doing that with Syk's banners because there's so good. ^^; x_x yeah. So, go Syk! Or something...[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by MistressRoxie [/i]
[B][color=#9933ff]Also, the green space in the middle, if you look at it closely, it looks like Syk used a tool to scratch out someone's head there. He probably didn't intend to, and that's what's c00.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=teal]Haha, sometimes I wonder what that is too. Actually, it's a mixture of his bangs reflecting the light, and the sweat that's coming off after he got punched in the face. :)

Yes, it's a very good movie to show the kiddies.

P.S. No, I lied, it's not. Rated R. <.>[/color]

I was wondering where that banner was from (yeah, I didn't notice "Snatch" across the left there). I like the line/dot thing you did over the entire thing: gives it character and makes it stand out, especially over your previous one (it was completely clear).

That's as far as I can comment, since I haven't seen Snatch. :sweat:

Other than the placement of the word "snatch" and the white pixel corners, I think it turned out ok. I know you didnt want your name to stand out but I think you should've used a slightly brighter colour on the "s".

You should've taken the white pxel corners out like I said though. ;p

8/10

[color=teal]Okay, I lightened up the 'S' in 'Syk3,' and darkened 'snatch,' both for visual purposes so you can see them clearer. I am still deciding whether or not I'm going to keep the white pixel corners, so feedback would be great. :)[/color]

[img]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=523989[/img]

[QUOTE]

Oh yeah. Syk's bannah ish cool. Or bloody cool, same thing. ('cept bloody cool is British. ¬_¬)
[/QUOTE]

[B][SIZE=1]Lol, Boodly Cool isn't british, no one says it around here! Well, not here that's for sure (Salford, in England)

Anyway, it looks good! It looks great to me, and the Syk3 is small, and that's the kinda thing I like on that banner. I'm weird sooo, hit me...

It looks good to me, yeah, bloodly, and cool. It looks good! I wouldn't change a thing, yet. But you might.[/B][/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Syk3 [/i]
[B][color=teal]I am still deciding whether or not I'm going to keep the white pixel corners, so feedback would be great. :)[/color] [/B][/QUOTE] I think you should keep the white pixels because they make sense going along with that affect you have. It does look like footage from one of those camera's, you know?