OtakuBoards

OtakuBoards Survey

James

[b]SECTION A[/b]

[i]In the following section, please answer each statement with one of five answers:

A) Strongly Agree
B) Agree
C) Somewhat Agree
D) Disagree
E) Strongly Disagree[/i]

1) I find OtakuBoards rules easy to understand and follow.
[color=darkblue][font=trebuchet ms][b]B) Agree[/b]. I understand them, but from time to time I have a hard time following them, because I believe some of them to be too uptight.[/color][/font]

2) I feel that the staff at OtakuBoards understand their job and are capable of performing it appropriately.
[color=darkblue][font=trebuchet ms][b]B) Agree[/b]. They seem to follow and enforce the rules to the letter, but there's been a few (rare) times where I've felt their actions were unnecessary.[/color][/font]

3) OtakuBoards is easy to navigate.
[color=darkblue][font=trebuchet ms][b]A) Strongly Agree[/b]. Everything is organized, very descriptive and clean, just they way I like it.[/color][/font]

4) OtakuBoards has a friendly atmosphere.
[color=darkblue][font=trebuchet ms][b]A) Strongly Agree[/b]. Sometimes it's [i]too[/i] friendly/sensitive.[/color][/font]

[b]SECTION B[/b]

Please try to keep your answers relatively short in this section.

5) How often do you visit OtakuBoards?
[color=darkblue][font=trebuchet ms]Once a day, but very rarely do I stay on for long.[/color][/font]

6) Do you feel that the rules are too strict/not strict enough/fine as they are?
[color=darkblue][font=trebuchet ms]They are either too strict, or enforced too strictly. There are times that certain situations require the use of common sense that, at that particular situation, doesn't seem present in the rules.[/color][/font]

7) Should we continue to uncensor the creative writing areas on OtakuBoards?
[color=darkblue][font=trebuchet ms]Yes, as I'm very much against censoring.[/color][/font]

8) Would you rather a decentralized forum system on OB (more forums, less activity per forum) or a centralized forum system (less forums, more activity per forum)?
[color=darkblue][font=trebuchet ms]"Fewer," not less. Fewer forums and more activity in each is the way to go. With too many forums, there are bound to be some very inactive ones.[/color][/font]

9) Would you like to see a closer integration of myOtaku and OtakuBoards?
[color=darkblue][font=trebuchet ms]I don't know what "myOtaku" is, so my answer's "yes."[/color][/font]

10) Are you signed up to myOtaku.com?
[color=darkblue][font=trebuchet ms]Probably not.[/color][/font]

11) If you are not signed up to myOtaku.com, do you plan to sign up in the near future?
[color=darkblue][font=trebuchet ms]I don't know what it is, so I can't tell.[/color][/font]

12) Do you read Announcements at OtakuBoards?
[color=darkblue][font=trebuchet ms]On occasion.[/color][/font]

13) Which single Category (Category, as opposed to individual Forum) do you spend most of your time visiting?
[color=darkblue][font=trebuchet ms]Otaku Anime and Otaku Gamer.[/color][/font]

14) Do you think that OtakuBoards should offer an in-built chat system as part of our service? If we included a chat, would you use it?
[color=darkblue][font=trebuchet ms]If many people use it, yes.[/color][/font]

15) If we offered an "OtakuBoards Wireless" service that would be accessible via Internet-capable cellphones, would you use it?
[color=darkblue][font=trebuchet ms]No. I'm not going to be online when I'm away from my computer where I can be more productive doing something else.[/color][/font]

16) When we offer a next generation version of OtakuBoards, should we continue to provide semi-regular community events in our Event Arena or a similar forum?
[color=darkblue][font=trebuchet ms]Sure.[/color][/font]

17) If you could add one new Category (Category, not Forum) to OtakuBoards, what would it be?
[color=darkblue][font=trebuchet ms]A category where rules are a lot less harsh, gearing towards forums concentrating on letting off steam and such. It would also help in keeping spam and such away from other forums.[/color][/font]

18) If you could remove one Category from OtakuBoards, what would it be?
[color=darkblue][font=trebuchet ms]Otaku Series. Square Enix and Zelda can go in the Otaku Gamer category, and Pokémon could be/should be/must be eliminated.[/color][/font]

19) If you could add anything to OtakuBoards (in terms of a new forum, a technical tool/feature, etc), what would it be?
[color=darkblue][font=trebuchet ms]"General Gaming Chat." A forum where topics relating to all three systems, or gaming in general could be posted.[/color][/font]

20) On a scale of 1-10 (1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest), how would you rate your experience at OtakuBoards since you registered?
[color=darkblue][font=trebuchet ms]8. -1 for the sometimes-uptight rules, and -1 for the forum being limited to all threads having essay-like posts. I can rarely engage into a discussion because there are too many big posts, and I feel the need to read them all before giving my input; but I can't because I don't always have time to read it all (Actually, I don't choose to spend my time that way continually).

Sorry if my answers were a little long.[/color][/font]

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SECTION A

In the following section, please answer each statement with one of five answers:

A) Strongly Agree
B) Agree
C) Somewhat Agree
D) Disagree
E) Strongly Disagree

1) I find OtakuBoards rules easy to understand and follow.[b]A[/b]

2) I feel that the staff at OtakuBoards understand their job and are capable of performing it appropriately. [b]A[/b]

3) OtakuBoards is easy to navigate. [b]A[/b]

4) OtakuBoards has a friendly atmosphere. [b]A[/b]

SECTION B

5) How often do you visit OtakuBoards? [b] At least once a day, unless I'm in the hospital or something...[/b]

6) Do you feel that the rules are too strict/not strict enough/fine as they are? [b]I think that, currently, the rules are fine. Unfortunately though, there might have to be a bit more restrictions on language in the RPGs, because some of the newer members are overusing the privilege. :flaming:[/b]

7) Should we continue to uncensor the creative writing areas on OtakuBoards? [b]Yes[/b]

8) Would you rather a decentralized forum system on OB (more forums, less activity per forum) or a centralized forum system (less forums, more activity per forum)? [b] ZHUH?! If I understand this correctly... Decentralized. [/b]

9) Would you like to see a closer integration of myOtaku and OtakuBoards? [b] OH YEAH *ahem* [/b]

10) Are you signed up to myOtaku.com? [b] You know it! [/b]

11) If you are not signed up to myOtaku.com, do you plan to sign up in the near future? [b] Read above. [/b]

12) Do you read Announcements at OtakuBoards? [b] Depends on the subject. Usually... Nope. [/b]

13) Which single Category (Category, as opposed to individual Forum) do you spend most of your time visiting? [b] Usually, I'm in the Lounge. I'm a loafer. [/b]

14) Do you think that OtakuBoards should offer an in-built chat system as part of our service? If we included a chat, would you use it? [b] If it was free, Yeah. [/b]

15) If we offered an "OtakuBoards Wireless" service that would be accessible via Internet-capable cellphones, would you use it? [b] Again, if it was free, yeah. Oh, wait- I need a cell phone first. :bawl: [/b]

16) When we offer a next generation version of OtakuBoards, should we continue to provide semi-regular community events in our Event Arena or a similar forum? [b] Definitely. It's a cool thing. [/b]

17) If you could add one new Category (Category, not Forum) to OtakuBoards, what would it be? [b] Uh... Probably a Forum in which people could post reviews or introduce new anime/manga that few people would know about. As far as a title, I have no idea. [/b]

18) If you could remove one Category from OtakuBoards, what would it be? [b] For me, it'd be the thread about OB member pictures- it's useless for me, as I have no digital camera. Again, :bawl: [/b]

19) If you could add anything to OtakuBoards (in terms of a new forum, a technical tool/feature, etc), what would it be? [b] Um... Maybe... Well, my idea from question 17 is all I can think of. Sorry. [/b]

20) On a scale of 1-10 (1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest), how would you rate your experience at OtakuBoards since you registered? [b]10[/b]

SECTION A

In the following section, please answer each statement with one of five answers:

A) Strongly Agree
B) Agree
C) Somewhat Agree
D) Disagree
E) Strongly Disagree

1) I find OtakuBoards rules easy to understand and follow. A

2) I feel that the staff at OtakuBoards understand their job and are capable of performing it appropriately. A

3) OtakuBoards is easy to navigate. B

4) OtakuBoards has a friendly atmosphere. A

SECTION B

Once a day, more on holidays.
6) Do you feel that the rules are too strict/not strict enough/fine as they are?
Fine as they are.
Of course! Swearing is a vitl part to many stories, as it creates atmosphere.
8) Would you rather a decentralized forum system on OB (more forums, less activity per forum) or a centralized forum system (less forums, more activity per forum)?
Less forums.
Very much so.
Of course.
11) If you are not signed up to myOtaku.com, do you plan to sign up in the near future?
N/A
Occasionally.
13) Which single Category (Category, as opposed to individual Forum) do you spend most of your time visiting?
Art and Design
14) Do you think that OtakuBoards should offer an in-built chat system as part of our service? If we included a chat, would you use it?
No.
15) If we offered an "OtakuBoards Wireless" service that would be accessible via Internet-capable cellphones, would you use it?
No.
16) When we offer a next generation version of OtakuBoards, should we continue to provide semi-regular community events in our Event Arena or a similar forum?
Yeah.
17) If you could add one new Category (Category, not Forum) to OtakuBoards, what would it be?
No idea. Vampire Hunter D maybe.
Pokemon
19) If you could add anything to OtakuBoards (in terms of a new forum, a technical tool/feature, etc), what would it be?
Umm... No idea. Noob filterer maybe?
20) On a scale of 1-10 (1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest), how would you rate your experience at OtakuBoards since you registered? 7, 3 when dealing with idiots.

[FONT=times new roman][COLOR=darkblue]

SECTION A

A) Strongly Agree
B) Agree
C) Somewhat Agree
D) Disagree
E) Strongly Disagree

1) I find OtakuBoards rules easy to understand and follow. a

2) I feel that the staff at OtakuBoards understand their job and are capable of performing it appropriately. a

3) OtakuBoards is easy to navigate. a

4) OtakuBoards has a friendly atmosphere. a

SECTION B

5) How often do you visit OtakuBoards? Everyday

6) Do you feel that the rules are too strict/not strict enough/fine as they are? They are okay

Edit 1: Oops sorry I mean yes.

8) Would you rather a decentralized forum system on OB (more forums, less activity per forum) or a centralized forum system (less forums, more activity per forum)? humm. I would say both but if that is not a right answer then Centralized

9) Would you like to see a closer integration of myOtaku and OtakuBoards?yes

10) Are you signed up to myOtaku.com? yes

11) If you are not signed up to myOtaku.com, do you plan to sign up in the near future? I am signed up :)

12) Do you read Announcements at OtakuBoards? yes

13) Which single Category (Category, as opposed to individual Forum) do you spend most of your time visiting? DBZ, Adventure and Battle.

14) Do you think that OtakuBoards should offer an in-built chat system as part of our service? If we included a chat, would you use it? Sure.

15) If we offered an "OtakuBoards Wireless" service that would be accessible via Internet-capable cellphones, would you use it? nope. Sorry.

16) When we offer a next generation version of OtakuBoards, should we continue to provide semi-regular community events in our Event Arena or a similar forum?No it is good the way it is.

17) If you could add one new Category (Category, not Forum) to OtakuBoards, what would it be? Problems.

18) If you could remove one Category from OtakuBoards, what would it be? Sorry not a clue which. They all seem to have a reason to stay.

19) If you could add anything to OtakuBoards (in terms of a new forum, a technical tool/feature, etc), what would it be? None that can cross my mind right now.

20) On a scale of 1-10 (1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest), how would you rate your experience at OtakuBoards since you registered? 10 (It's the best place on the net.

[/font][/color]

SECTION A

A) Strongly Agree
B) Agree
C) Somewhat Agree
D) Disagree
E) Strongly Disagree

- A

2) I feel that the staff at OtakuBoards understand their job and are capable of performing it appropriately.
- A+

- B

- B

SECTION B

- Whenever possible, usually twice or so a week.

- Not at all.

- Sure, as long as people don't take advantage of it to be juvenile.

- Centralized forum system.

- Yes.

- Yes. It's wonderful.

- Yes.

- Otaku Lounge.

- Yes, depending on who's online.

- Nope.

- Definately.

- A dancing Colonel Sanders as an avatar.

- None. They're all here for a reason.

- Can't think of one right now.

20) On a scale of 1-10 (1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest), how would you rate your experience at OtakuBoards since you registered?
- 10. An admirable job, my friends. *applause*

SECTION A

A) Strongly Agree
B) Agree
C) Somewhat Agree
D) Disagree
E) Strongly Disagree

C

C
A
B
SECTION B

At least once a day
too strict
yes.
centralized

no
no
maybe
yes

yes;yes
no
yes

---
---
Maybe split the movies and music forum apart, add a sports forum.