OtakuBoards

What do YOU believe in?

~Mystical Pan~

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by DuoGod of Death [/i]
[B]Hm..I am going through the same thing. My parents are pretty much forcing me to be christian. But I can't act like myself in church, I feal like a robot. I belive in Christ and everything, I just don't believe in some of the ideals they have. And my parents force it down my throat, that doesn't help.. [/B][/QUOTE]

I never does. I have tried to hint to them about how I feel. Instead of actually listening to me, they take me to a priest which doens't help either

i have no religion, although i have been going to church & using magic since i can remember. i still do both those things regularly. reincarnation makes the most sense to me. or grace through faith...i think that the things we do aren't nearly as important as what's in our hearts when we do them. i do believe in heaven, but not hell.

My parents have stuck me in a baptist church for my entire life. To tell you the truth, I questioned it also, and now I really don't believe in God at all. Just think about it, there are so many religions out there, and who can say who is right or wrong? According to my parent's religion, if you don't accept God then you will go to hell. They also say God loves you more than anyone. If he really loves you that bad, how could he send you to hell? Also, what if you are never exposed to God? What if you live in a small village somewhere in the woods and worship spirits and such? You would never know about God, so technically you would be sent to hell. What kind of a God would do that? I find my church full of a bunch of hippocrits, who figure that so many other people believe it, so it must be true. None of them have ever stopped to think for themselves. They live in fear of this illusion of hell, which is why they drag themselves to church every sunday morning.

I am a buddhist, but.....

I wish the world was destroyed.....

Hmmmm...... Altough I Don't value my life...
I Feel that any life besides my own is worth saving.....
People are all kind at heart.....
You just have to clean the grime of hatred and evil from their souls and they will shine with all the kindness in their heart....

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B][color=orangered][size=1](Please don't anyone respond to that statement with a rebuttal, I don't want to discuss religion again lol, this is just my reasons for non-belief) :)
[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]
[SIZE=1]Why do I feel like that was put in there just for me.... Darn you, James. :P

I believe in many things that I don't understand; that I have no way of understanding...

I believe in love.... tell me how that can be proven...[/SIZE]

well, there is no way to be certain that any of this crap exists. i dont just mean the afterlife, but i mean, god, the devil, hell, heaven. THERE IS NO PHYSICAL PROOF! but i LIKE to believe that there is an afterlife or reincarnation, because the thought of dying and just sitting there in total darkness scares the crap outta me and makes me not be able to sleep at night.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by No-Name [/i]
[B]well, there is no way to be certain that any of this crap exists. i dont just mean the afterlife, but i mean, god, the devil, hell, heaven. THERE IS NO PHYSICAL PROOF! but i LIKE to believe that there is an afterlife or reincarnation, because the thought of dying and just sitting there in total darkness scares the crap outta me and makes me not be able to sleep at night. [/B][/QUOTE]

Of course it's scary. I feel at times like that..but isn't that supposed to be faith? To believe in something that can't be touched, smelled, seen, or heard? isn't it supposed to be something felt in the heart? An emotion stonger than anything else? Like the feeling Love? Love can't be touched, smelled, seen, or heard. It can only be felt. That's scary ya know...how do you know it's supposed to feel like? love and faith go hand in hand. Both are the strongest emtions that keeps a human being alive and fight to the death for it. Yet, both can only be felt, so how do you know it's for real? and if it's right? How do you know it's no blind faith or blind love? it's so confusing.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ~Mystical Pan~ [/i]
[B]

Of course it's scary. I feel at times like that..but isn't that supposed to be faith? To believe in something that can't be touched, smelled, seen, or heard? isn't it supposed to be something felt in the heart? An emotion stonger than anything else? Like the feeling Love? Love can't be touched, smelled, seen, or heard. It can only be felt. That's scary ya know...how do you know it's supposed to feel like? love and faith go hand in hand. Both are the strongest emtions that keeps a human being alive and fight to the death for it. Yet, both can only be felt, so how do you know it's for real? and if it's right? How do you know it's no blind faith or blind love? it's so confusing. [/B][/QUOTE]
well, i can agree w/u that faith is blind, and sum song says that love is blind, too, but if you ever dont feel like falling asleep, think about this:
[b]What is going to happen when I die if there isn't a heaven or reincarnation? Will I spend an eternity in darkness with no one except myself and the never ending black?[/b] that has kept me up for more than one night....

[B]
well, i can agree w/u that faith is blind, and sum song says that love is blind, too, but if you ever dont feel like falling asleep, think about this:
[b]What is going to happen when I die if there isn't a heaven or reincarnation? Will I spend an eternity in darkness with no one except myself and the never ending black?[/b] that has kept me up for more than one night.... [/B][/QUOTE]

I understand but if there is no heaven or reincarnation then you have no soul after you die. it just dies when you die. then that means there would be eternal sleep. Then you wouldn't feel death, it would be like you sleep. I think that's even more scary..to go to sleep and know that you might not wake up tomorrow.

i believe in no hell....
i believe in heaven where the angels live, and god and his son Jesus....

when un die thats it... you dont feel.... you dont think.... your not floating.... you dont know you die..... like those times when u sleep for what seems like 4 seconds and u wake up and its morning..... you die..... but u dont know it, u arent afraid....
thats just it..... your gone.... you cant think....

and then at a time god will ressurect those faithful after he kills satan and his demons.... and they will live happily till.... forever.....

well i defiately think that there is a god, and that no matter what religion u are, it's the same person. like jahova's witnesses call him jahova, buddists call him budda, catholics call him god.... so on and so forth. if u really think about it, they all have a basic idea of A god, then theyre seperate opinions on how he works ect... so i think its safe to say that if u are faithful to a religion, u
dont have to worry about going to hell. hell is for BAD people, not all the others that have a different religion than u.:rolleyes:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BlackUnicorn [/i]
[B]so i think its safe to say that if u are faithful to a religion, u
dont have to worry about going to hell. hell is for BAD people, not all the others that have a different religion than u.:rolleyes: [/B][/QUOTE]

Now that's what I think also. I mean how can god send you to hell if you only known a certain religion which you are faithful too?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BlackUnicorn [/i]
[B](*jehovah) HE (whoever that is 2 u) wont do that. if we all had that look out on religions, mystical, there would be a lot less fighting in the world. [/B][/QUOTE]

I know..but it can't be that way. People are too different for that and that sucks. Some people are so narrowminded. :(

[B]well, there is no way to be certain that any of this crap exists. i dont just mean the afterlife, but i mean, god, the devil, hell, heaven. THERE IS NO PHYSICAL PROOF! [/B][/QUOTE]

actually, there is scientific evidence to prove the existence of god. as soon as i refresh my memory on the theory, i'll post it. it's absolutely fascinating & completely true.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lady Macaiodh [/i]
[B]

actually, there is scientific evidence to prove the existence of god. as soon as i refresh my memory on the theory, i'll post it. it's absolutely fascinating & completely true. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=orangered][size=1]Actually, that's totally false. Believe me, if I'd seen any credible evidence, I'd have become religious a long time ago. That kind of evidence just doesn't exist. As they say, you have to "have faith". They don't hand you a book of detailed evidence so that you can make up your own mind.

In any case, this topic (just as I thought it would) has become a religious debate.

We have had [b]three[/b] of these so far. And it's getting to be too much. I know that people are passionate about their views on this subject, but it is inappropriate for us to keep rehashing the same tired old points.
[/color][/size]