OtakuBoards

What do YOU believe in?

~Mystical Pan~

Do you believe in the after life? or in reincarnation? or in anything else? and are there any people out there that have been able to choose what their religion is?

And when I ask this I want to know what YOU believe in..not your parents...cause I know how that feels.

I never really had a chance to choose. My parents just said this is your religion and it's right. But as I grew, I started to question and the more I questioned..the more I got confused and the more I doubted my religion, parents, and myself. I know that there is no religion that is RIGHT but I feel so lost....I go to church..and feel nothing...just emptiness and confusion. I don't want to put my whole belief in one religion or creed. I just want answers but I know I'm not going to get them until I die. Is there anyone else that feels the same way?

i believe in a god... named jehovah and he has a son, Jesus...
and he uses the holy spirit as his active force...
and i believe at a set time all sickness and death will go away
and he will raise from the dead those that were good ppl...
not any evil ppl...
and.... yea...
gives me something to live for....

[color=deeppink]Pan...are you me? Are you inside my head?! Out I say! Out! Heheheh :p

Well, your opinions sound almost identical to mine...I could go on forever and ever about religion and how much I doubt it...but I shall not. My friends and I have enough conversations about that as it is! They're exhausting conversations... :sleep: [/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BabyGirl [/i]
[B][color=deeppink]Pan...are you me? Are you inside my head?! Out I say! Out! Heheheh :p

Well, your opinions sound almost identicle to mine...I could go on forever and ever about religion and how much I doubt it...but I shall not. My friends and I have enough conversations about that as it is! They're exhausting conversations... :sleep: [/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

I wsh I had your friends...my friends only believe what they're parent's say. I can't really talk to anyone at my school about how I feel.

And When I ask the priest..he's all like...Are you on drugs? Are your friends bad influnce or gangbangers? Are you doing well in school? Are your parents abusing you at hime? Do you have a abusive b/f? And I answer NO to all of his questions. THen he tells me that he doesn't know what's wrong with me. HE makes me feel as if I'm wrong in questioning and if I have mental issues. I can't talk to my parents..they're so old fashioned.

I believe in God
No religion of God, just God....
I believe there is a "heaven".... I like to call it the "better place".... I'm not sure what Hell is yet....
However I do like the idea of reincarnation... i'm still not sure what I believe anymore... I know I believe in god, but i don't believe in religion.... religion pisses me off more I hear about it....

I believe we're living hell. I mean think about it...you're born innocent..free of all evil..yet as you grow..you pick up evil..and you decide evil or good. I believe thatif you choose the right path..you'll go to place where there is peace..and if you choose evil and die..I think you'll continue to be reincarnated on earth and live through "hell" until you become wise and choose good. I also strongly believe in Karma...I live by it. I treat peopel the way I want to be treated as.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by DeathKnight [/i]
[B]ah yes interesting beliefs...
i like mine tho
no sickness... or death...
my granpa jus passed away...
hear him talk...
and his laugh...
....... [/B][/QUOTE]

I'm sorry to hear he passed away. May be that's the better plase...no sickness or death...
I never had a relative die...I wish that wasn't the circumstance though...Not to mean or anything..I love them dearly..no matter how mean they can get..but I know when they pass away..it will be a lot more harder on me then it would have been if I was younger.

[color=orangered][size=1]Hmm...that's a good question.

I'm a fairly logical person. The word "belief" actually implies that what you believe in isn't factual, otherwise the word wouldn't be belief...it'd be what you "know" or something like that...

I am not religous for a few reasons. One is because there is no proof of a God (at least, none that is credible). The second is that there are so many religions in the world...so many faiths...that they can't [i]all[/i] be right. The third is that you're told to " have faith"...yet you're given no proof of what you're supposed to be believing in. And therefore, it's hard to just take a leap of faith in something that strains credibility in such major ways.

(Please don't anyone respond to that statement with a rebuttal, I don't want to discuss religion again lol, this is just my reasons for non-belief) :)

Having said all of the above...I don't think that I'm just some cold person with no imagination or idea of magic...

I very much like fantasy...and I very much like magic and imagination. I just don't believe them to be facts -- that's all.

Basically, I try to live my life well. I try to be nice to people and I try to be fair to those around me -- not to please God, but to enrich the lives of people around me; for the right reasons I think.

People who behave meanly or in a bad way are just going to bring that back on themselves. Their behavior will just be reflected by the people they meet. But if you are friendly and caring...people return those feelings.

I also believe that mandkind is the master of its own destiny. That's why I object to all of those anti-geneticist complainers who talk about "playing God". Mankind [b]is[/b] God in a sense. We are in direct control of our own lives and our own society as a whole. Therefore, I think that we have the right to modify/change/evolve our own society.

Phew...I think that was probably too much information lol. I just thought I'd throw my thoughts out there...[/color][/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B][color=orangered][size=1]Hmm...that's a good question.

I'm a fairly logical person. The word "belief" actually implies that what you believe in isn't factual, otherwise the word wouldn't be belief...it'd be what you "know" or something like that...

I am not religous for a few reasons. One is because there is no proof of a God (at least, none that is credible). The second is that there are so many religions in the world...so many faiths...that they can't [i]all[/i] be right. The third is that you're told to " have faith"...yet you're given no proof of what you're supposed to be believing in. And therefore, it's hard to just take a leap of faith in something that strains credibility in such major ways.

(Please don't anyone respond to that statement with a rebuttal, I don't want to discuss religion again lol, this is just my reasons for non-belief) :)

Having said all of the above...I don't think that I'm just some cold person with no imagination or idea of magic...

I very much like fantasy...and I very much like magic and imagination. I just don't believe them to be facts -- that's all.

Basically, I try to live my life well. I try to be nice to people and I try to be fair to those around me -- not to please God, but to enrich the lives of people around me; for the right reasons I think.

People who behave meanly or in a bad way are just going to bring that back on themselves. Their behavior will just be reflected by the people they meet. But if you are friendly and caring...people return those feelings.

I also believe that mandkind is the master of its own destiny. That's why I object to all of those anti-geneticist complainers who talk about "playing God". Mankind [b]is[/b] God in a sense. We are in direct control of our own lives and our own society as a whole. Therefore, I think that we have the right to modify/change/evolve our own society.

Phew...I think that was probably too much information lol. I just thought I'd throw my thoughts out there...[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

I understand what you're talking about. I never thought about mankind "playing god" the way you explained it. But I'm so confused sometimes. I see people that have a strong grasp about what they believe in..and my opinion varies from more knowledge I keep attaining. However, one thing I do believe is Karma, just the way you explained. I myself like to consider myself a deist not aetheist. I believe in some kind of higher being then man.

Anyone else wants to share anymore opinions?

i posted about 'filter' topic few months ago. filter is your believe system. when you believe there's nothingness after death, you'll see nothing 'till you reach heaven. real heaven that is. this phases you go through after your dead is just your belief from your physical life. it just makes you understand a little better about heaven and go through this phases. there are 3 steps but near death experienced ppl only gone through step 1. there stories are similar because it is same place. just your believe system works on you so that you could understand better about true heaven your going to.

above was what i read in near death experience site and i believe in it. also i believe there is only one god and his son jesus. i'm christian but i don't believe in some bible stories like adam and eve, noah and stuff.

if there wasn't a god it would be necessary to create one. that misquoted quote was from voltaire, i think.

im not sure if i'd call myself an atheist. part of me thinks there is no god. another part of me thinks if there was a god, i don't want to acknowledge him because i don't need him.

aaaaaaaaaanyway, i decide things for myself without any influence from 'God' or gods. im a strong advocate for learning from your mistakes and solving your own problems. maybe i am my own god.

I'm so confused now... I once heard that "Knowledge speaks, wisdom listens." And I think that's true cause I don't talk much but I listen with extreme care (most of the time).

Unlike some religous people I don't make other people believe what I believe in. I don't care if I live or die, or if I exist or not, or if death is the end. That's all part of someone else. You've got to be your own person you see.

I'm probably confusing some people, but when you get to the point where you realise that life or death doesn't matter you'll start seeing what I see. I can't explain it though, it's too... complicated (for the lack of a better word). Just remember:

"There are no differences between good or bad, there's only what you think and what others think." ~Me

And there are lots of things in life that prove that sentence true, just think about it.

i am a jehovas witness
we belive that when armagedon comes bad leaves and good stays and i have been told that only jehovas witnesses that have the right heart can stay

here is a scripture from our bible The new world translation of the holy scritures

revelation chapter 21 verse 4

And he will wipe every tear from their eyes and death will be no more neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be any more the former things have passed away

so hay its so touching *sigh*wow well thats what i belive

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Jeff [/i]
[B]And there are lots of things in life that prove that sentence wrong.

if we all thought hitler was doing good job getting rid of 6 million jews, then he must have. that doesn't make any sense. [/B][/QUOTE]

*sigh* You so called people just don't get it. I give up now, it's not like anyone will care if I'm hurt or not. When I share my feelings here I could at least get some support instead of the pain I'm getting now...
Anyway, I'm not angry at anyone or meaning any offence to anyone. I just want someone to actually see the beauty I see but they keep on saying I'm crazy.

[B]hey. didn't mean it that way. sorry for trying to change your view and offended you..i was gonna say something to those atheist ppl too..^_^;; i was just responding to your view cause it was interesting. that's all. [/B][/QUOTE]

*shrug* Whatever. It doesn't really matter anyway. I forgive you, if that's what you want to hear. I don't get hurt by people, it's just what they say, so I don't remember anything afterwards. It's just a feeling of the moment.

I don't really like to get involved in anything at all. eg arguments, teams, groups. I just like to stay back and watch and try to figure out a way to explain what I feel. It's really weird, but it's normal for me.

It's like I can see this really beautiful moment where all is revealed. But I can't explain it. It's every single emotion in the Universe mixed together into one, but yet it has no feeling to it all. It's true peace, but yet it's not... Do you get what I mean?

I don't really either cause I can't explain it with words. You have to see it yourself.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Blanko_el-miez [/i]
[B]i am a jehovas witness
we belive that when armagedon comes bad leaves and good stays and i have been told that only jehovas witnesses that have the right heart can stay

here is a scripture from our bible The new world translation of the holy scritures

revelation chapter 21 verse 4

And he will wipe every tear from their eyes and death will be no more neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be any more the former things have passed away

so hay its so touching *sigh*wow well thats what i belive [/B][/QUOTE]
actually.... thats what i am too o.o

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Pastbyer [/i]
[B]

*shrug* Whatever. It doesn't really matter anyway. I forgive you, if that's what you want to hear. I don't get hurt by people, it's just what they say, so I don't remember anything afterwards. It's just a feeling of the moment.

It's like I can see this really beautiful moment where all is revealed. But I can't explain it. It's every single emotion in the Universe mixed together into one, but yet it has no feeling to it all. It's true peace, but yet it's not... Do you get what I mean?

I don't really either cause I can't explain it with words. You have to see it yourself. [/B][/QUOTE]

"it's not like anyone will care if I'm hurt or not. When I share my feelings here I could at least get some support instead of the pain I'm getting now... "

you sounded like you wanted a care and support..but you said you didn't care next minute. :rolleyes:

what i see is you feel you are special than all of us. i don't know. your posts just seems that way. no one can explain all of our emotions crumbled inside our mind. there are some ppl that are really better than all of us. we just think we are the only ones who are special. hell, everyone does. if i feel someone does that, i just want a slam their face and make them come to reality. what makes you or anybody better than me? so we are all buncha hypocrites and wants attention. we are so dependent on something that we just believe in one thing and go for it.

i have a lots of things that i can't explain it to words. just like you. i wish i can tell everyone. just want everyone to know i'm special. but i'm really not. if you learn to accept that, then you'll feel special. see? i make no sense.

i get what you mean by place where all is revealed. that place i believe is heaven. or when i see god and jesus in near future. i have those feelings..weird feelings all just squeeze inside of me that makes me cry for a reason. it just like when you see something miracle and unbelieveabl things are happening.

this is just what i feel about at your post now. i may change my mind later but it don't matter. 'cause you don't care and i don't care. who cares we exist? we all gonna end up dead anyway right? then why bother eat and sleep?

[B]

i have a lots of things that i can't explain it to words. just like you. i wish i can tell everyone. just want everyone to know i'm special. but i'm really not. if you learn to accept that, then you'll feel special. see? i make no sense.

[/B][/QUOTE]

[color=orangered][size=1]Well, everyone is special in their own way I think.

The only time it would be a negative thing is if you think you're [b]so[/b] special that you are somehow better than everyone else.

But I don't necessarily think that she's saying that...[/color][/size]

Hm..I am going through the same thing. My parents are pretty much forcing me to be christian. But I can't act like myself in church, I feal like a robot. I belive in Christ and everything, I just don't believe in some of the ideals they have. And my parents force it down my throat, that doesn't help..