OtakuBoards

Your Top Albums of 2003?

Semjaza

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Semjaza Azazel [/i]
[B][/b]David Bowie - Reality[b]

If any other band put this out as one of their first releases, it would be freaking amazing. However, being David Bowie, I guess different things are expected. He can no longer get away with "good" material thanks to his heyday.

A lot of people probably thought that was returning thanks to Heathen, which was excellent. The only problem with it was that it was so mellow that I couldn't bring myself to listen to it all that often. I can see why Bowie did a full tour with this release rather than Heathen, it's just more concert-material.

Reality goes in a totally different direction, but I wouldn't say it totally forgets what was accomplished on Heathen. It's really solid stuff, and definitely deserving of being put in here. It's upbeat, fun to listen to and well composed. Some of it seems a bit odd, but that adds to its fun. No complaints.

Plus if you got the limited edition copy, you get a really nice revision of Rebel Rebel. It's a more subdued, "lounge" version. Nice stuff.[/B][/QUOTE]

I don't have his other works to compare it to, but I recently listened through "Reality" and I liked it. Most of the tracks seemed really good. My favorite was easily "New Killer Star"... excellent, excellent song. There were a few other standouts, "Never Get Old" particularly, and the rest seemed at the very least, listenable. A few more listens and I'm sure it'll grow on me a bit more.

1) Led Zepplin: How the West Was Won

Led Zepplin is one of the greatest bands of all time, and my personal favorite band ever. While this CD may not have anything new, it has some great versions of some older junk, especially the EPIC 25 min version of Dazed and Confused.

2) Linkin Park: Meteora

Sometimes more of the same is a good thing. While not quite as revolusionary or artistic as Hybrid Theory or Reanimation, it is just some well made music with an almost identical style to Hybrid Theory.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Shinken [/i]
[B]Myself, I'd have to recommend Linkin Park: Live in Texas DVD/CD. This is the best Linkin park CD by far (at least in my opinion), mainly because this is [i] pure Linkin Park[/i] with no digital enhancements at all. The vocals are superb, and the DVD has some pretty cool scenes. (It's also got more songs than the CD).

I give it a 10/10, and you should give it (or get it). [/B][/QUOTE]

I totally agree! I got it for Xmas and I have been hooked on it. I watch at least 3 DVD videos a day. I really love it.
10/10!

• 3 weeks later...
I'm sorry to bring this back, but I really think it died too early. There has to be more for people to say heh.

I wanted to add Speakerboxxx/The Love Below to my list. I've had it since the week it came out, but I really didn't give it much time until the last month or so.

The Love Below is fun on its own, but I'm finding myself more and more interested in Speakerboxxx. It's odd because that CD is a bit more hip-hoppy, while The Love Below reminds me more of a funk sound. However, I'm almost dead from lack of sleep, so if I'm confused, I apologize.

Really solid set. I'm really into Ghettomusick and Last Call, among others.