OtakuBoards

Christmas Episodes

ElrickOtaku

Is there an anime series with a special Christmas episode that you love? What makes that Christmas episode so memorable in the series?

There is one I love from my favorite anime - Martian Successor Nadesico. Episode 13 - There is even a special Christmas song 'Christmas In The Galaxy' in this special episode, along with parties, military takeovers and other memorable gifts. There is even a very special present for Akito - enforced retirement.

I really enjoyed Big O's holiday episode ("Day of the Advent"). It wasn't exactly Christmas-themed, but I thought that the buying of presents, giant evergreen tree, and white-bearded, red-garbed old man certainly seemed to point in that direction. I appreciated this episode mainly because it served to reveal [spoiler]Dorothy's hidden affection for Roger, and because I'm a sucker for happy endings--of which Big O has relatively few.[/spoiler]

~Dagger~

[COLOR=red]I've never seen a Christmas themed anime episode. The closest thing to it tho is Tenchi the Movie 2-The Daughter of Darkness.
The beginning shows the Misaki residence celebrating Christmas (including Ryoko drinking too much and getting drunk)
THen there's the whole Startika theme which closely resembles Chirstmas and Sasami showing Miyuka Christmas pictures.
At the end Miyuka tells the Asuka that Miyuka is Miyuka and Azuka is Azuka and she doesn't want Startika anymore she wants Christmas.
THe final credits go back to Christmas and show everyone doing Christmas stuff[/COLOR]
[COLOR=green]Another anime movie loosly based around Christmas is the SailorMoonS movie. The only way that includes Christmas tho is Tuxedo Kamen dressed up as Santa Clause and riding in a floating sleigh with inflatable reindeer. He says Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Okay, I'm gonna try and go back to sleep now. G'night.[/COLOR]

US cartoons have way better christmas episodes! My favorite is the Batman animated X-mas episode, it ends with Batman and commisioner gordon having a cup of coffee in a diner (sort of).

Plus clayface disguised as three kids robbing a department store, the joker, etc.

Whats more christmas than the Joker?

Guest MetalSonic700
Ah yes, Hamtaro. The best chistmas special ever. The ham-hams are trying to tell santa not to forget to give presents to field hamsters like boss. They keep finding fake santa's so they slip a present into boss' house. The next day they all had a present and boss and snoozer had 2. (mystical eh?)

I still remember the Christmas themed episode for the old Robotech/Macross show.
I don't know why, but that episode has been one of the memorable.
Maybe its because of the Zendrati suicide bomber dressed up as Santa, or the scene with Max and Miria kicking a**.:therock:

Ha ha! *laughs at Sailor Moon movie* ya know, in all actuallity, i just watched that a couple of weeks ago. I guess you could consider it christmas cuz it was snowing all the time, and the Darien thing too. I also loved that Big O one.
I don't know if you could count this as anime, but it's difinately cartoon....Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer! *giggles* sorry, i had to put that.
My favorite would half to be Endless watlz, cuz you know, you could technically count that as a christmas eposide.
(plus, i havent' seen any other christmas themed shows) :)

Hmn, there _was_ that Christmas-y OAV of Ranma 1/2... It, well... I didn't really find it to be a moment of Rumiko Takahashi greatness; it seemed to be more of a frentic excuse for a cast-wide karaoke session. Ironically enough, this holiday bonanza had to be one of the least-humourous OAVs. *sigh*