OtakuBoards

Anime and your school......

Zaku II

This is a big thing for me where I live but I was wondering what the rest of you did.

Are you open at school with your self being a fan of anime? At my school not too many like it and refer to it as kiddy cartoons. Im not too open about it. I do try and support it and get people to start watching it. Since I have been going their I have gotten 5 people to likeing anime now. I am still looked at by some as wierd cause I may where a gundam shirt every now and then and they ask, Whats that? I tell them and their like......Ok...... I have been called gay a couple times for liking it and been asked why I like to watch cartoons but it doesnt bother me too much. I would just like to know what you all do.

same thing here. any girls that know I watch anime are like, 'aren't you a bit too grown up for stuff like that now?' the girls that [i]do[/i] watch anime like Sailor Moon and Pokemon (no offense to those who like it, I just don't go for those particular animes). luckily, a couple of my guy buddies like DBZ, so I don't feel too alone.

a lot of people at my skool do, but then there are those who dont. But i just dont pay attention to them. the ones that do like it are rather open about it.. on my freshman retreat a senior saw that I was wearing a dbz tshirt and came up to me and we started talking about it... than on casual days you see other ppl with anime related shirts.. but that was at that skool, im transferring so i dont know what its gonna be like there. But Im kinda open about it, I dont care if other people think Im dumb for watching it, thats there opinion, not neccessarily the truth..

[color=deeppink]I am so definitely out of the closet...I'm an openly anime-fan girl! I think it all depends on who you are and how people in your school view you. For me, it's not really a problem that I like weird cartoons like that...I guess I can carry it off.[/color]

hell,I'll go to school wearing whatever the hell I want to.You have got to assert yourself sometimes,and sometimes you just have to demand respect.Don't misunderstand me I don't go through the halls throwing kids up against lockers yelling at them for lunch money,but I do demand respect.I'm a pretty peaceful person and it takes a lot to get me mad.So,if someone wanted to they could talk quite a lot about me.But all I have to do is say one little comment about them and it will be around school and their reputation will be ruined if I wish it so.I've never intentionally scared anyone off the football feild and the boxing ring,but I somehow have a reputation with some people of being a bully.I don't know why I don't even know these people.But anyway,you should celebrate what you like and show it in the manner of your choosing.people will come to respect you for what you are.Everyone knows I like anime at school.Them motha truckers don't say a got milk thing about it either...
[i]Kamakazi out[/i]

We have like a total of 8 people out of a thousand thast like anime that I know off. I have a good girl friend (not girlfriend kissy kissy love love type just friend thats a girl) that likes anime and a friend who happens to be an idiot who likes DBZ and thats almost it.

BTW* How old r u amibasuki?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Zaku II [/i]
[B]Well yeah, but Im just asking if people are all out anime at school or if they dont really talk about it or showboat it there. This is mainly a bigger issue with older anime fans. [/B][/QUOTE]
well, I don't say stuff like "I LOVE ANIME!!!!" out of the blue. but if someone asks what tv shows and movies I like, I'll say anime and name off a couple of shows/movies I watch.

[B]Well yeah, but Im just asking if people are all out anime at school or if they dont really talk about it or showboat it there. This is mainly a bigger issue with older anime fans. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]I'm an "older anime fan", so I guess I'll reply to this...most people at my school would be shunned for liking anime. Yes...I believe that's the answer you're looking for...DeWitt...where I go to school...is a rich white community with a bunch of stuck up snobs...so I think that explains it :D[/color]

[B]We have like a total of 8 people out of a thousand thast like anime that I know off. I have a good girl friend (not girlfriend kissy kissy love love type just friend thats a girl) that likes anime and a friend who happens to be an idiot who likes DBZ and thats almost it.

BTW* How old r u amibasuki? [/B][/QUOTE]
to tell you the truth...
I don't know myself....:(

[B]Yes, Baby Girl Im in the same boat as you. 85% of our school is Aristocrats! [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]Lol, make that 99% for me...and, wait...I shouldn't be talking, I think I'm being hypocritical...:o [/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BabyGirl [/i]
[B][color=deeppink]I'm an "older anime fan", so I guess I'll reply to this...most people at my school would be shunned for liking anime. Yes...I believe that's the answer you're looking for...DeWitt...where I go to school...is a rich white community with a bunch of stuck up snobs...so I think that explains it :D[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

AHH!! Color... is so..... pink..... must.... find..... dark color.......... *faints*

anime is somewhat respected at my skool.. I gues im lucky! :D

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PiroMunkie [/i]
[B]

AHH!! Color... is so..... pink..... must.... find..... dark color.......... *faints*

[/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]Sorry dude...can't help but express my innermost color...[/color]

[color=crimson]Er, wait...my true "color" is crimson, but I hate red so I do not post in that color. I'm sorry if anyone really doesn't understand this whole "color" thing I just said...it's kinda like an inside joke...[/color]

I'm a college student and quite open about the fact that I watch anime. I don't care anymore what people have to say about someone my age watching 'cartoons'. There are digimon hanging on my purse and I have several anime related pencils, folders, notebooks...etc. If people don't like it, they don't have to look at me!

I think all of us as proud anime fans need to order this shirt, > [URL=http://store5.yimg.com/I/animenation_1650_32117125]AnimeNation Tee[/URL] and where it to our schools every Friday or something.

( I dont know if pics are working but if they are the image is below.)
[IMG]http://store5.yimg.com/I/animenation_1650_32117125[/IMG]

[B]I think all of us as proud anime fans need to order this shirt, > [URL=http://store5.yimg.com/I/animenation_1650_32117125]AnimeNation Tee[/URL] and where it to our schools every Friday or something.
[/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]Actually, I was very much considering ordering a Trunks tshirt from there...in fact...let me go find that credit card...[/color]

Where I'm from, my school has tons of anime fans (of dubs, and act like that the only anime that exist is the stuff on CN, and that it was made for CN) Well, anyways, due to heavy request, there's now a anime column in the school newspaper which comes out monthly. They just normally do interviews with kids who know alot about anime, unfortuantly, they've only done kids who know alot about dubbed, not subbed. So, when it's my turn, I'll show them what true anime is.

Hahaha, you think finding people who like anime is hard.... try finding people who enjoy Japanese music. I'm willing to bet there aren't more than two people at my school who like it, if that many. I don't know any currently.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by zanza [/i]
[B]Hahaha, you think finding people who like anime is hard.... try finding people who enjoy Japanese music. I'm willing to bet there aren't more than two people at my school who like it, if that many. I don't know any currently. [/B][/QUOTE]

I listen to japanese music all the time! I like X and The Pillows.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Akito [/i]
[B]I listen to japanese music all the time! I like X and The Pillows. [/B][/QUOTE]

You deserve an award, sir :)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by zanza [/i]
[B]

You deserve an award, sir :) [/B][/QUOTE]

No i don't, I like being who I am, even if I am sometimes evil.

heh. most of them act like elitists. they watch the dubbed dbz episodes and gundam wing dubs on cn. and the sci-fi channel...and sometimes hbo. i drew a couple of anime characters and this guy saw em. he said: "wow you're cool. you're the only anime girl i know"

yeah, other then that everyone thinks cartoon are for kids and i should grow up. i have yet to introduce them to mononoke hime, evangelion, lain, and many other wonderful anime.