OtakuBoards

Techno in Final Fantasy

Squall

I just got this program where I can download songs off of the internet, and of course, my first stop was Final Fanasy music. Liberi Fatali and Waltz for the Moon, from Final Fantasy VIII went okay, as did Sephiroth's Final Battle, Cloud's Theme, and Aeris's Death from Final Fantasy VII. Those are the only two Final Fantasys I've played, I could tell if there was something wrong, but there wasn't.

So, I decided to find more Final Fantasy music, and came up with...techno. Final Fantasy I Close My Eyes, and Final Fantasy X The Sound of an Atom Splitting were both completely techno! Does somebody have too much spare time on their hands, or are these for real?

Usually, I would have dismissed the possibility of these being for real, but after playing Kingdom Hearts, which has a very techno-based theme song, I couldn't help but wonder.

Also, to make conversation out of this, do you think FF's would be better or worse with Techno themes? I myself prefer the dramatic classics from VII and VIII

Im not really sure because after I read this I decided to download some FF music myself and I came up with the regular FF music and some techno related themes, and some of the artists were unknown while some were apart of the official soundtracks, but I'm not really sure if that's true.

As for your question if FF would be better with techno themes I prefer the classical music over techno becuase It makes it seem more dramatic.

[color=indigo]Yes, people actually do techno remixes of video game music, if that's what you were wondering. Just check out [url=http://www.ocremix.org/index.php]OverClocked ReMix[/url]--that site has tons of remixes.

As for whether I'd want more techno themes in the actual games, it really depends on the situation in the game. Some times it would probably work well, and I'd like it, and others it wouldn't. I usually prefer the original song to techno remixes, though.[/color]

I prefer the classical element of music in final fantasy games. Let's just face the fact, all the FF soundtracks are just awesome. Why? because they have that classical feel to them. As for the Kingdom Hearts theme, that really fits the opening sequence perfectly. And as Desbreko said, it would also depend on the situation of the story line. I mean, you wouldn't really want a techno song when someone is dying....would you?