OtakuBoards

The Da Vinci Code

Baron Samedi

[size=1]I haven't read the Da Vinci Code, but I've read another book by Dan Brown [The Author], called Digital Fortress. It's a [i]fantastic[/i] book, with so many twists you wouldn't believe how mind boggling it is. I love the book, and reccomend you read it.

It the Da Vinci Code's plot as twisting, do you think?[/size]

Ooh. Definitely I would say. I havn't read any other of his books, but the Da Vinci Code.. it is very complex and very interesting. I was so pleased to get this book. I can almost recommend that you will enjoy it.

The story twists and turns a lot, and you can really find yourself being drawn in. Definitely a top-notch story, and a must read.

My parents gave me The Da Vinci Code for Christmas, and I just finished it. It's a very interesting book, although I thought that the storyline was somewhat predictable (for example, I was able to guess that [spoiler]Teabing was the Teacher[/spoiler]). Although the writing itself isn't very special, I really loved reading about all the puzzles and bits of symbolism.

Dan Brown did a fantastic job of making the novel seem real--he wrote so convincingly about Opus Dei and the Priory of Sion. I was impressed by the fact that he referenced real books (i.e. Holy Blood, Holy Grail), and it was often hard to tell how much of the book was fact, and how much was speculation or fiction.

The characters weren't terribly compelling or anything, but The Da Vinci Code is clearly supposed to be a plot-driven novel, so that didn't detract from my enjoyment of it.

~Dagger~

I found the Da Vinci Code as a wonderfully intricate book that was very entertaining. However, I found that it was a pretty easy read. This, however, helped a lot with the flow of the book, keeping readers guessing.

Also I liked the way that he made almost every chapter going to a different person. It kept every person up to date, and I found myself at times so wanting more that I would almost skip ahead to get to the next Langdon and Sophie timeline because it was so fast-paced. The plot twists threw me completely off, and I never expected any of them to be true

Guest sixthcrusifix
i HAve never heard of this book or any of you people , But if it is as good as you say, then Where might i find it, At some place like Barns & Noble or is it rarer? Just wondered.
-Sixy
speaking of books, and books to be..
check out my unfinished fan fic please check it out [url]http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?threadid=35190&goto=newpost[/url]

The Da Vinci Code, written by Dan Brown, has been a national bestseller since the week it was first released; the novel's sales show no sign of letting up. You should be able to find it in any bookstore, large or small, and there are probably several copies at your local library.

~Dagger~

[color=blue][size=1]Just here to pipe in!!

I, myself, haven't read it, but I did give it to my dad for Christmas. It's been three days and he's more than halfway through. That's fast, or at least I think so.

This book does interest me, and I hope to read it as soon as my dad has finished it first. I look forward to it, but being the thirteen year-old I am, I must say I won't be able to completely comprehend it to it's fullest, but my loss, wouldn't you say?

~Uses Books For Dental Floss~[/color][/size]