OtakuBoards

Cowboy Bebop

Yu Yu Hakusho!

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I put up a thread about this very subject long ago.

the end to the series bothered me also.

very much, it made me depressed for days, but the more often I see it, the more a learn to deal with it.

its just how it goes.

but god was I unhappy.

just remember that we can all carry that wieght.

the ending was good. It... ...fit. The whole overiding feel of destiny in the entire series is focused here and it is all put to rest. And Blue is a beautifully uplifting song that points to the idea that not only is Spike now with Julia, he is now where he belongs. He is finally free (from the syndicate specifically, from pain figuratively).

I think that the last session was pretty good. It had action, romance, vengence, and it was a solid ending to the series. [spoiler]When Spike died, it was indeed very sad, but at the same time, as Heaven's Cloud once said, it made you continue watching it over and over to try to convince yourself that Spike was alive.[/spoiler]

Let me ask you. Did it leave you wanting more at the end? Did it leave any unanswered questions? If you can answer 'no' to both of these, then one can conclude that the ending was good. Do you disagree?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Syk3 [/i]
[B]I think that the last session was pretty good. It had action, romance, vengence, and it was a solid ending to the series. [spoiler]When Spike died, it was indeed very sad, but at the same time, as Heaven's Cloud once said, it made you continue watching it over and over to try to convince yourself that Spike was alive.[/spoiler]

Let me ask you. Did it leave you wanting more at the end? Did it leave any unanswered questions? If you can answer 'no' to both of these, then one can conclude that the ending was good. Do you disagree? [/B][/QUOTE]

Well I wasn't going to bring this up but since you did Syk3(I still don't get this Greg), I will expound upon it. You said that [spoiler]Spike died in the last session, but they may not be the case. Spike has been injured more times than imaginable. For example in KHOD he ummm.... (don't want to ruin it for ya) well he gets shot and you would assume he died but indeed he didn't. So just because you assume he died does not mkae it so. So for all of you who cried because he died think that he just passed out from a loss of blood or something.[/spoiler] There's my 2 cents to the subject.

-OutlawDragon

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by OutlawDragon [/i]
[B]Well I wasn't going to bring this up but since you did Syk3(I still don't get this Greg), I will expound upon it. [spoiler]You said that Spike died in the last session, but they may not be the case. Spike has been injured more times than imaginable. For example in KHOD he ummm.... (don't want to ruin it for ya) well he gets shot and you would assume he died but indeed he didn't. So just because you assume he died does not mkae it so. So for all of you who cried because he died think that he just passed out from a loss of blood or something.[/spoiler] There's my 2 cents to the subject.

-OutlawDragon [/B][/QUOTE]
[spoiler]Meh. I knew you were going to say that you think he's alive.[/spoiler] You and your crazy imagination, LOL. ;) You have to let go, move on! jk

Seriously though, I suppose that it could be possible. You only saw one star fade, and it could quite possibly have been Vicious's or some other random person. However, I doubt that the producers would bring up the series again after that dramatic eps.

[size=1] Really? There is only one star that fades? Woah, I always [i]thought[/i] there was two. Guess I need to borrow the last DVD again. :p [spoiler]Well, I suppose Spike [b]could[/b] be alive. But I seriously doubt it.[/spoiler][/size]

it was sad but it was appropriate you have to admit but i was really sad but the cinematography was beautiful especially when [spoiler]Julia died(sob,sob)[/spoiler] i liked the birds flying in the background and the music playing while every thing else was silent and the rain effects that was so kool

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by zerocrisis [/i]
[B]it was sad but it was appropriate you have to admit but i was really sad but the cinematography was beautiful especially when [spoiler]Julia died(sob,sob)[/spoiler] i liked the birds flying in the background and the music playing while every thing else was silent and the rain effects that was so kool [/B][/QUOTE]
I do agree, but perhaps you could use puncuation to make your statements more legible.

• 1 month later...
..I'm quoting this from another forum

To start this off, I'm going to say this post is going to have mucho spoilers in it, so if you haven't seen the series and don't want it to be ruined, stop reading. Now.

I finally finished it tonight. And I loved it. It couldn't have ended more perfectly. There wasn't any plot left uncovered, down to [spoiler]Big Shot being canceled and seeing the male host with his mom at at the airport talking about how his co host was getting married. It was very sad that Spike died, but I think it all made sense.

He told Faye that one eye looks towards the past, one towards the future. He doesn't look at the present. Viscious was his future, Viscious died.

Viscious said he was the only one who could truley kill Spike. Spike had died before.

Julia died. Enough said.[/spoiler]

I think the song 'Blue' summed everything up so well. I was sitting there when it ended, just listening to the song (crying, of course), and I just realized what a fitting song it was for him.

Never seen a blue sky
Yeah I can feel it reaching out
And moving closer
There's something about blue
Asked myself what it's all for
You know the funny thing about it
I couldn't answer
No I couldn't answer

Things have turned a deeper shade of blue
And images that might be real
May be illusion
Keep flashing off and on
Free
Wanna be free
Gonna be free
And move among the stars
You know they really aren't so far
Feels so free
Gotta know free
Please
Don't wake me from the dream
It's really everything it seemed
I'm so free
No black and white in the blue

Everything is clearer now
Life is just a dream you know
That's never ending
I'm ascending

Ya know, I really feel ya on this. The end of that series was a change for me in life. Its so amazing, I just never manage to get over it and even though I have it on tape, I just cant bear to watch it.

I really love the series and the end.

As much as I wanted it to continue, I guess that was up to the creators and they decided to end it when they did.

Oh well, either way, I also love the series more and more as I see it.

The ending fits the show, and the final song fits the ending. (god its sad to hear and watch)

Don't be alarmed! I simply merged this thread with an older one that basically had the same idea -- the ending. If you'd look through these last couple pages, you'll see that I've already posted, and if you're interested to what I have to say about the ending, you can refer there (yeah, right).

Note: I would have closed this, but you bring up very good comments. :)
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Rick Hunter [/i]
[B]:) Cowboy Bebop's ending was pretty good, sad ending that many people probably didn't expect coming... the song Blue was a perfect choice for the ending...Umm next time though please post in the thread wether or not this is a spoiler..

Many thanks in advance. ;) [/B][/QUOTE]
Lol, look at his post. He did say that this has "mucho spoilers." ;)

As much as I would like him to be [spoiler]alive. Sadly, spike's as dead as dead can be.

Oh well, its sorta better that way because spike has nothing to be alive for.

Fayes dead. He settled the score with vicious. Mao is dead and so is anny.

Everyone from his past life is dead. Its time that he joined them.[/spoiler]

[size=1]I could have sworn that we had a topic about this not too long ago, oh well. (BTW: I added the spoiler warning to this topic's title)

A lot of people always talk about how great this episode is, but I really do not understand why people enjoy it so much. There is one thing that every great series finale needs, and that thing is [b]closure[/b]. Regardless of what others think, no character (other than possibly Faye) went through any sort of character development during the series. Everyone remained exactly the same, and most of the storylines surrounding the characters went unresolved. Faye knows who she is.. then what happens!? [spoiler]Jett realizes that his wife left him, and his partner shot him because he refused to loosen up... but he doesn't do anything about it! Ed is Ed, so I guess she never had much of a storyline in the first place (I am sure that Ed and Ein were hit by a falling meteor shortly after leaving the Bebop). I can understand that killing Vicous is the only thing that Spike had left to resolve, but it seems like the supporting cast was left in the dust.[/spoiler]

-Shy[/size]

Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Shyguy [/i]
[B][size=1][spoiler]I can understand that killing Vicous is the only thing that Spike had left to resolve, but it seems like the supporting cast was left in the dust.[/spoiler]

-Shy[/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

:) Thanks shy for editing that title many thanks for that, and I most certainly agree that the supporting cast was left in the dust. It would have been nice to have something finalized with Faye, and Jet. [spoiler]As for Ed her character was pretty much finalized since she goes back with her dad.[/spoiler] But what about probably the two most important side characters....it's interesting but I've always hoped they would at least do a movie or tv special to answer that question.

Sadly though that will most likely never happen...it's an interesting fact don't you think so? :angel:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by gokents [/i]
[B][spoiler]As much as I would like him to be alive. Sadly, spike's as dead as dead can be.

Oh well, its sorta better that way because spike has nothing to be alive for.

Fayes dead. He settled the score with vicious. Mao is dead and so is anny.

Everyone from his past life is dead. Its time that he joined them.[/spoiler][/B][/QUOTE]

[spoiler]Nothing to live for?? He never had anything to live for in the first place. He was looking for a way to die. All he had was Jet. And Faye just had to make a pit stop in Hong Kong. He would have more now then he did in the very first episode But I still think that he is alive. There is no way he was killed. A cut on the arm and a stab in the chest, that's it! If he can be shot from point blank, 2 in. away from his heart and fall 200ft(aprox). into water(that is most likely really cold as it is halloween) and almost drown, and then still live there is no way he can't handle a few cuts(big understatement,heh),[/spoiler] give me a break. Lataz

-OD

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by OutlawDragon [/i]
[B][spoiler]Nothing to live for?? He never had anything to live for in the first place. He was looking for a way to die. All he had was Jet. And Faye just had to make a pit stop in Hong Kong. He would have more now then he did in the very first episode But I still think that he is alive. There is no way he was killed. A cut on the arm and a stab in the chest, that's it! If he can be shot from point blank, 2 in. away from his heart and fall 200ft(aprox). into water(that is most likely really cold as it is halloween) and almost drown, and then still live there is no way he can't handle a few cuts(big understatement,heh),[/spoiler] give me a break. Lataz

-OD [/B][/QUOTE]
Once again, the best thing that you can do now is let go. :(

Just kidding, old friend. First of all, [spoiler]he did have a lot to live for, until Julia was killed. He even states that when he was in the Syndicate, he wasn't afraid of death, but when he met Julia, he was suddenly terrified of it, now that he had something to live for. After she dies, however, he decided to find out whether he was really alive by going to fight Vicious, showing that he wasn't afraid of the coming death.

As for the question of whether he was still alive, the producers do a great job to leave that open to people who cannot quite accept the fact that he's gone.[/spoiler] However, for more practical viewers, this really brings a lot of closure in the series, which has the perfect amount of explained and unexaplined events to end one of the best animes I've, personally, ever seen. [spoiler]If you watch how many times he is injured while infultrating the base, you'll see that it would be near impossible for him to survive. On top of that, this may have been the last straw for Spike's survival, and he now has enough closure to rest in peace.

Let me leave you with this: Was there anything that Spike left unattended in life that would make him want to live longer?[/spoiler]

[quote]the supporting cast was left in the dust[/quote]

[color=indigo]For some reason, I was not bothered by not having closure on the other two charecters in the final episode, I think the writers did a good job resolving their "sub plots" before the final two episdoes. [spoiler]Faye finally remebered her past and Jet resolved both the issues of his old love and his distroyed arm. That left Spike, the "main charecter", to finalize the story line. I am a huge fan of this series because of the ending...the hero loses his love and dies fighting his nemisis. Spike had his chance to escape his past, but he chose to reawaken his demons...an act that cost him his life.[/spoiler][/color]

Spike can and will come back, if they have a series that is directly after(chronlogically) the last episode. I think that if they do come back with a series it would be before, but this topic has its own thread, so I won't get into that. I still will hold to my opinion unless [i]proven[/i] wrong. Lataz

-OD

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Yu Yu Hakusho! [/i]
[B]I still wish that they'd start a new series....but [spoiler]Spike is never coming back[/spoiler] so it proably wouldn't be as good... [/B][/QUOTE]
After those last two episodes? Nah, the series won't be returning. But if it did, they would have Spike [spoiler]magically survive,[/spoiler] and continue adventures with him and the rest of the gang.

In any case, it's not ganna happen.