OtakuBoards

The Evil Creatures known as "Siblings"

Hittokiri Zero

My sister is really selfish sometimes. Like, right now, I have to compete with her to get on the net. She's always on!!! But, she lets me use her stuff when she's not ticked at me and if I need a few minutes to get away from my annoying 8-year-old stepcousin, my sister will keep her busy for awhile so I can breathe. I guess she can be more good than evil when she wants to be.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SaiyanPrincessX [/i]
[B][SIZE=1]He has been getting on my nerves alot lately. Hes in that lazy teenage stage where all he wants to do is play video games and sleep. He'll stay up untill 5am playing computer and/or GCN then wake up at 2pm and hes back on the computer. Hes frustrating sometimes when I try to get him to do his chores. He'll sit there and stare mindlessly into his game and not even acknowledge me, or anyone else for that matter.[/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

*cough* I suddenly feel really guilty after reading that...>_>;; Those are the exact times I spend doing the exact same things on holidays...

Um...Anyway, my sister's 17, a few months away from 18, and I'm 13. I don't think we ever hated each other very much...There were times when she'd make me cry, when I was about 6 or 7, but looking back, they were pretty stupid reasons for me to burst out in tears. XD She went through an "angsty teenager" phase a few years ago, but during that she was still pretty nice to me. It went to a "you leave me alone, I leave you alone" situation, then she went out of it and shes back to just being...her. *shrug* I don't think we've argued for something like...What? 2 years?

After seeing how some of my friends get along with their siblings, I'm happy knowing I've got a really nice sister. ^_^ Especially since I just reaslied what I've been putting her through...XD

Hrm, I wonder if I'm the first twin to post in this thread? ^_^
Anyway, I'm 20, as is my brother, though in 13 days we'll be 21 (woo hoo!), and he and I used to fight constantly when we were in our preteens/early teenage years. It must've been hard for my parents to deal with the two of us always trying to rebel simultaneously. Thankfully we grew out of that stage quickly, though I hate it when my brother still treats me as if he's older than me (which he's not. I entered the world 42 minutes before he did puwahaha), but because I'm a girl, he always feels the need to look out for me. Hmph, as if I can't take care of myself on my own! ^_^

Anyway, we get along much better now because I really haven't lived in the same house for 3 years because I moved away to college, and he still stays home because he goes to school right near our parents' house. I think the distance helps tremendously because I know I would get annoyed with his antics if I had to be near him on a daily basis. He loves to blast his Hip Hop at ungodly hours in the morning, and it really doesn't help that he had just bought new speakers the other day to add to the bass o.0 He doesn't understand my fascination with anime; I don't understand his fascination with fixing up his car o.0 However, we've learned how to respect each other now that we're a lot older and now that we don't see each other often. We truly do have different personalities and interests, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

~Haruno Sakura

I don't know that anyone has anything to complain about until they meet my sister. She, for a good deal of time, was quite honestly the worst person I ever had the displeasure of coming into contact with. I have never met someone so nasty, self-serving, conceited, gossipy, rude and mean-spirited as my very own sister.

Growing up she was okay, I suppose. I don't remember exactly when she started be an issue, but it was quite a long time ago. It actually started before my father passed away, despite the fact that she loves to blame most of her problems on his death. She was always the obvious favorite between us two, for my dad anyway.

In any case, people generally tell you that when a girl is like this she's simply going through a phase. I'm sorry, but a phase doesn't last longer than a decade. She is 19 now. This isn't a phase. This is simply how she is.

She has always been incredibly nasty to me. Especially when we were younger and I used to play along with it. One of the more annoying things she used to do was when it was just her and I in a public place. She would literally just stand by me and say how stupid I was in a very loud voice. She once did this at a playground while we were just swinging on the swingset. It was so loud that a big guy playing basketball came over to us and asked if she was talking to him. She replied "No, I'm talking to my stupid brother." She couldn't have been older than 8 at the time. I just dealt with it because it was easier than arguing back.

This was a normal occurance with her for me. If I did fight back, she usually managed to turn it around so I looked wrong. Who is a parent going to believe? A little girl or her older (and as rules say, meaner) brother? I admit I was mean to her at times, but it wasn't even comparable.

The main problem with this was that my sister made it so our step father basically equated us as one. We weren't Tony and Gina, we were the kids. If she was a problem, I was a problem. I got in trouble for things I wasn't even responsible for on any level. At one point I got into a rather large fight with him, said "**** you" a few times (which did not go over well at all lol) and I got thrown out of the house... For whatever reason, fights usually brought him and I together because it allowed us to both get things out there. We forgave eachother and I think he finally realized that I wasn't anything like Gina.

Sometime after this I just decided I was just too old for this crap. I told her that if she wants to fight go ahead, but I'm not taking any part in this. We're not children anymore. She kept it up for awhile, but I didn't even respond to her. I barely even talked to her in general. She pretty much laid off me totally and generally only talks to me when she wants something.

What still pisses me off is how mean she is to my brothers and my mother. She literally teases my one brother to the point that I think she is 100% responsible for this low self esteem issues. If they're being good, she antagonizes them until they're upset and fighting. She never lays off.

With me mom, she's just nasty. She acts as if my mom has kept her locked in a cage in a closet all of her life. The truth is that Gina has gotten her way for a very long time and has little to do around the house. I believe she doesn't currently even do a chore at home (mostly because it's such a pain to get her to do anything right, so it's not even worth it), whereas my brothers and I do countless chores.

She doesn't tell my mom what she's doing. She doesn't say hello EVER. She gives a face whenever my mom asks a simple question. She speaks badly of my mom and step father behind their backs (not to mention everyone else she knows, even her best friend). Lies about so much it is ridiculous. Once she even completely left our house for 2 months to stay with a friend just because she was mad that my step dad wasn't happy with how poorly she swept the floor. Her friend wound up kicking her out because she couldn't take her anymore either.

She simply lives off the misery of others. She isn't happy unless someone else is having a worse day than she is. She can be sickeningly sweet if she wants you to do something though.

And sure, she might sound bad so far, but that's just the tip of it. There are things I don't even want to talk about that she does. I've never met someone that I think this lowly of. I'm a generally patient person unless someone really is a jerk on a consistent basis... but she is beyond this. You look at her and she can ruin your day. She's more of a spawn of the devil than my own sister.

And no, I'm not exaggerating this in any way.

[size=1]Ah... yes... Siblings... the blessings and curses of all familys...

Me and my 18 year-old sister get along fine. We used to fight a ton when we were little and non-mature, but as we have both gotten older we have become like best friends. We do have our squabbles here and there, but that happens to everyone.

Now... My mother was one of 12 kids... so, I have a huge family! I have like, 25 cousins in all and most of them are very young.
A sertain group of my cousins, known as "The Brats From Heck" are just... out of control and horrible little monsters. Destruction follows them where ever they go.
Their mother isn't the brightest bulb and usually uses excuses such as: "They don't understand" or "He's only in 1st, 3rd, w/e grade." And it really bugs the **** out of me.

These are 4 boys. The eldest is almost 10 and then it goes down by twos. 7, 5, and 2. The two older ones are probably the worst. Just a few of their destructive powers from the past include: Scratching up cars with broken nails, coloring with expo markers on bed spreads, poking holes in water beds, putting baby power through the air vents, and flushing Mc'Donalds toys down the toilet.
I can't get along with these 4 or their mother, Luckily, their father just got back from duety in Iraq, so things should settle down... a bit... [/size]

I am the middle of five children. Isn't that great? :p

My older brother is 19 and a Sophmore in college. He isn't home as much anymore, and when he is he's commenting on the condition of the house. I can't say that he is complaining, but he is just sort of pointing out that we could do more to keep it cleaner. Sometimes it would just push him over the edge into a frustrated rage.

He's a pretty easy-going guy now. He plays his guitar a lot, and goes to classes a few times a week. His band plays every now and then, and he apparently enjoys playing in it very much. He's very much into music.

He sometimes has trouble controlling his temper, although lately he has been better about it. He used to yell at my older sister pretty much whenever our parents weren't home, and occasionally even hit her. He scared me. My younger brother and sister cringed away from him. I was afraid to get involved or do anything when that happened. But whenever he talked to me at a time like that, he became target practice for my still-developing sarcasm. It was not perhaps the best choice.

In order to understand these outbursts, you may need a better understanding of my older sister. She is 17 and a Senior at the same high school as me. I'm not going to even try to compare her to Semjaza's sister (from the sounds of it, no one [B]can[/B]). But, earlier on in life she was a compulsive liar. She would lie about [I]everything[/I] She would blame all of her siblings for whatever she did wrong, whatever she didn't do when she was supposed to; everything. She used to pull us by our hair, too. That was her prime motivational tool. Threats were a regular occurence.

Now, she doesn't lie as much. Instead she manipulates. Twists words and preys on my sleep-deprived mother. She gets into arguments with my dad. She knows when she should stop talking; she [I]has[/I] to. There is no way that she does not realize when she has gone too far. She is spiteful and quite often disgusts me.

Sometimes though, we can get along. It is not a frequent occurence, but we still have a few things in common that we can talk about.

My younger sister and I generally get along well. I think I understand her better than anyone else in our family. She and I have common friends and common interests. She's 11 years old and a sixth grader just getting into the whole middle school thing, and of our family I am the one most recently out of middle school.

She's at that stage where she challenges any and all things, though. When she doesn't want to listen to me, she interrupts with a stuck-out tongue and an annoying little grunt. She is frequently in bad moods where she won't talk to anyone or will end up fighting with my little brother over minor things.

My younger brother and I get along great. He is ten years old and generally a pleasant little boy. He had a stroke when he was born that affected the left region of his brain. He has limited motor skills in his right hand and until a few years ago constantly kept his right arm bent at the elbow acrossed his chest.

He used to be a little brat, though. :p He would throw tantrums whenever he didn't get something he wanted, because he was so used to [I]getting[/I] what he wanted. We let him stay with my aunt after school a few months, though, and pretty much cured him of that. She would not give in to his tantrums, and he learned to get what he wanted without resorting to them. He was at a loss back then. He couldn't speak to well, and sign-language was difficult for a young child with only one fully functional arm.

He is the happiest person I know sometimes. I can not think of a single person that he does not like, as soon as he gets to know them. He's very affectionate and will often give kisses or hugs to whoever is around him. He is probably one of the reasons that I have so many friends that are younger than me. I sought to understand him better, and thus grew to like the same things he did. I'm proud to say that I understood him best.

He and my youngers sister sometimes go at odds with each other. Usually it's a struggle for the TV, which is usually resolved with it being unplugged and neither of them getting to watch anything.

Eh...that's pretty much all that I can think of for now. But of course, since I was born I was a perfect little angel. :angel:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by outlawstar69 [/i]
[B]I am the second oldest at 17, and I often feel like the oldest though. My three sisiters.. well, one is older, and goes here as well. (stays off that topic.) [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=blue]Excuse me? 0.o
As for me, I dont think my siblings are that bad...unless they are acting all jerk-ish and whatever.
Or when my mom blames me for what negative attitude/habit/behavior they "learned" from me...
I have to ask, if they learned bad habits from me, where did I learn mine from?[/COLOR]

[color=crimson]I am the middle child out of five. Though, it's not really five anymore, my younger brother died a long time ago, I still count him in. Out of all of us, I am the quiet one who avoids fights, and that seems to bother all my siblings except my oldest brother(30).

Now that I am in the same school as my older brother, Jason(17), we avoid each other and we do get in arguments. He is normally in his room all afternoon and night. I get in fight with him when he steals stuff from or barges into my room.

The oldest, Michael, lives in Cali. He was the one I got along most with, but I don't get to talk to him much. Whenever he comes home he always picks on my other siblings.

At last, we reach the source of my problems: my younger sister(12). DUN DUN DUN!! She is always yelling at everyone and never considers anyone's feelings. I always get in fight with her, and my mom always yells at me because I am passive agressive whenever I fight with anyone. I never even raise my voice and my sister has to scream at me. Surprisingly, Sem's sister reminds me of her. Blames everything on me, always gets her way, talks behind everyone's backs, lies, steals, manipulates, makes fun of me, pulls my hair out. One time she lit my hair on fire and then claimed I got too close to a candle she just lit with the same lighter. She's nice sometimes, but as soon as something doesn't please her, she throws a tantrum. She locked me in a crawl space once. I had to pick the lock with a hanger to get out. My mom believed my sister when she said she accidentally bumped into the door and I must have unlocked it wrong. She's a sadist or something.

~Lumi ^_^[/color]

[size=1] Well, from the sounds of it, thank God I'm an only child, but sometimes, this does have it's disadvantages.
1) You have to do WAY more chores! It's not evenly split out or rotated with one or two other people. You do them all yourself!
2) You get bored...easily. Although brothers and sisters are pretty annoying most of the time, at least you've got someone to play cards with, someone to bother...*coughcough*
3) You can't get away with as much stuff. If you do something, parents KNOW it was you. There's no other person to testify with...

I know there are way more advantages than disadvantages, but...that's not the point. You should love your brothers and sisters...mainly because you can frame a lot of stuff on them ('specially if you're older...hee, hee!). [/size]