OtakuBoards

Letter Campaign for "The World"

DDG

[color=navy]Someone suggested that I start a thread about this so I am.

I am organizing a letter campaign about making "The World" a real game.

What I need you to do is to write a convincing and professional letter to Bandai about making "The World" a game.

Also, ask other people to do the same. We will need as many as we can to send letters in to Bandai.

I already have a few people willing to do it, but I need lots more people!

If you're going to send a letter here's the address:

Bandai America
5551 Katella Avenue
Cypress, CA 90630

Please help make this game real! Send a letter to Bandai![/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by dark_dragongirl [/i]
[B][color=navy]Someone suggested that I start a thread about this so I am.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

That would be me.

Would writting letters really help any... I wouldnt think so, but my first grade class wrote letters to the M&M factory asking for blue M&M's. Well whatever. Good luck.

Heh, I remember this subject. You had even posted in it your self. Why didn't you just continue with that thread? It was basically the same, only two different ways and redetections. One sending e-mails one sending letters through the actually mail. It makes no difference to most.

Think about the time it would take, the money, programmers, and everything else. If one wanted it to truly be like the real .hack or dot hack games. Most likely by the time they'd be finish developing it enough to make it like it was in the show everything would boring. Because of how many years it'd take to make.

But on the other hand...

If you'd want to make it like FFXI that's a completely different story. But it'd still take a few years to develop.

Have you every actually stopped to think about Bandai it's self. Why if they we're to focus on certain things only they could go way down hill. And become in lack of what they are now. Other things they work on could suffer if they didn't set it up, bank rapt, etc. First of all think of the factors that would come with making the game.

If they ever did come out with one, and no problems or errors accorded...Then I'm thinking it'd cost near a hundard dollars or more just to play. I don't think too many teens or kids would be even able to play. There'd be so many gltichs and errors. The game probably be down every months.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by dark_dragongirl [/i]
[B][color=navy]Well, if you look at the thread I started called "The World Petition Site" you should find some kind of answer that Death Bug said, that would say "writing letters will help".[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

But dose that PROVE it will work. Think of the factors and errors that may occur, things that can be caluated in the making. ^^'

Sorry, I hadn't ment to come of rude or to be rude. But that was the nicest way I can think of. Again sorry....

If you'd liek to read about others opinions in general, go [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=31567]Here[/URL]

[color=navy]Oi...Why do I even try??

I'm not saying that this is something we want done now. I'm just saying, something that could be done in the future.

I know it will cost a lot to make and to play. But I'm willing to pay the costs.

I would argue more but I'm lost for thoughts...[/color]

[color=indigo]i dont think it would take that long to develop, bandai already has most of the 3D models of the servers and NPC's becaues of the ps2 games, they would just have to put them into an enviroment more suitable to an mmorpg. they have the chaos gate rootwords script from the game also, its just a matter of getting around to making it and getting funding for it.[/color]

[color=navy]Yes, thank you for explaining it more kamemaster.

Boy, if I could of thought of that...

But yes, as kamemaster said, it wouldn't take that long because Bandai already has the models of the servers and the script for the Chaos Gate. They would just have to put them into an environment more suitable for a MMORPG. [/color]

Geez...How naive and hollow...

Ok, [U]please.[/U] Consider the common factors. Would you like to see a listing of over a 100 people as the same character over and over again?

Would you like to know that others can more easily take your character status? All because of the game would have the same computing design. The utter confusion things could cause. If you use the same character design status, small remolding, it'd just be kinda of pathetic in my opinion...

This all really depends on wether or not motion suits or visors would be involved. This has been brought up in a thread in the past. Visors are used in the game "The World", so if you want it to be like it is in the .hack series, then those would be used. This makes things more expensive, however.

For the game to be online, more servers and larger Root Towns would be needed.

If it is made, "The World" will most likely be in third-person view like the standard MMORPG. This eliminates the realism factors, but again, it would be incredibly expensive to have visors that could still deliver suitable graphics.

A speaking system would probably be used, like in SOCOM for PS2, and Phantasy Star Online for XBOX. This would bring up the realism, since that is what is used in "The World".

Overall, if it was a standard MMORPG with a vocal system, it would not be overly expensive to create, at least, no more than games like FFXI.

*whips out a sheet of paper and a pencil*
Anyways, just thinking about how much developing "The World" would cost gives me headaches, and not to mention that, if they created a game like it, you would have to pay a lot.
Well, onto the happy subject...I think it would be quite possible for a game like the world. Well, half-way. The problem that comes up is how would you fight, walk, move your arms, etc., with just the helmet? o_O Be kinda hard, don't you think?
Besides that, I think that having 100 people as the same character would be kind of hard. I mean, (theoreticly) there are thousands of designs, colors, and types, meaning that just a small change in a design would mean an entirely new character.
Motion suits would be hard to make, not to mention hard to place somewhere. >.< And they would be expensive...
But seeing as how massive the internet is and how almost everyone owns a computer, it would be fairly possible to make such a game as "The World". Maybe not the same, but close.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Katana [/i]
[B]The problem that comes up is how would you fight, walk, move your arms, etc., with just the helmet? o_O Be kinda hard, don't you think?[/b][/quote]

[color=orangered]Hear, hear! Although, in the OVA you see the gamers playing with the headset and a joypad. I think the .hack animes are only so real for the enjoyment of the viewer. Because, there're often references to the outside world (I think Mimiru refers to her mother calling at one point) so it's not like they're totally submerged. So, on that side, I guess it would be fairly easy to do. All you're doing is making the screen into the visor. So why bother doing that? Surely a screen would be much easier on the eyes...?[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Katana [/i]
[b]Besides that, I think that having 100 people as the same character would be kind of hard.[/B][/QUOTE]

[color=orangered]That's your other hitch. (I'm not picking at your post Katana, you've just touched on my main points ^_^;; ) Fair enough, the models have already been made, but how many? Yes, let's have a Subaru and a Tsukasa and a Mimiru. Yay. Every third person look exactly the same. Wonderful.

I think if it were to end up like FFXI, then go for it - send those letters. It might just happen. But otherwise, hold off the letter-sending until there's a chance they [i]can[/i] comply.[/color]

[color=crimson]The more and more I think on this topic, the more I begin to doubt the technology we have in the world. Ad, the more I am beginning to see my computer room looking like the inside of a gundam. O_o

I don't know how they would make the part that uses the five senses. In "The World", one can feel the wind blow, smell flowers, taste wine. I can see how sight and hearing works. The way it seems is that it is done psychologically, hence the visor; but then someone mentioned how Mimiru's mother had called her, and I realized it can't be the way I was thinking. I was thinking almost a state of hypnosis, but you can't be called by your mother in hypnosis. So how does the sense part fit in?

I would like to see "The World" become reality, but is it really possible?

~Lumi ^_^[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Luminaire [/i]
[B][color=crimson]The more and more I think on this topic, the more I begin to doubt the technology we have in the world. Ad, the more I am beginning to see my computer room looking like the inside of a gundam. O_o

I don't know how they would make the part that uses the five senses. In "The World", one can feel the wind blow, smell flowers, taste wine. I can see how sight and hearing works. The way it seems is that it is done psychologically, hence the visor; but then someone mentioned how Mimiru's mother had called her, and I realized it can't be the way I was thinking. I was thinking almost a state of hypnosis, but you can't be called by your mother in hypnosis. So how does the sense part fit in?

I would like to see "The World" become reality, but is it really possible?

~Lumi ^_^[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[font=arial]Actually, this has been brought up before... Characters in the Anime are probably only as realistic as they seem, because it would be boring to watch stiffly moving characters.

The senses only apply to Tsukasa, since he was trapped in "The World".

As seen in the OVA, a gamepad and visor are all that is used.[/font]