OtakuBoards

Peanuts

Ninjaman

My family and I love Charlie Brown and the rest of the gang. When my brothers and I were young we used to watch the show and we had a lot of tapes of it, and we still do. Years passed and we didn't watch the show for a while, until my nephew was born. He's two now and during the past summer, while I was babysitting him, I put in a Peanuts video, Snoopy the Musical, to entertain him and he was hooked to it. My nephew is now watching all the tapes we have and love the show and calls out "Poopy"(he can't really say Snoopy, yet ^^) when he wants to watch a video. The rest of us sometimes sit down with him to watch and we still find the show pretty entertaining and funny.

For Christmas, I gave my nephew a video containing "He's Your Dog, Charlie Brown" and "It's the Flashbeagle, Charlie Brown". My brother told me about how Flashbeagle was his and my other brother's favorite when they were little and I can see why, it's hilarious and has also became a favorite of mine.

Has anyone watched the show or still do? What's one your favorites and why?

[size=1][color=chocolate]Ah, I remember the Peanuts. I loved them.
Since it has been such a while, I don't remember the names of the characters (except Snoopy and Charlie Brown) and I don't remember the episodes except the Christmas one when they got the sucky tree for Christmas. Actually Charlie Brown did.

Anyway, yes I enjoyed Charlie Brown a lot, but I don't remember anything really about it. The only time I will probably watch it is at school for a party of something.[/size][/color]

[FONT=arial]they don't show the Charlie Brown and Snoopy Show on TV anymore, do they? that show was cool, though. I liked most anything where they showed Linus, cuz he was the shiznit. him and his blanket and obsession with the Great Pumpkin. I think maybe my most favorite episodes had to do with Snoopy when he ran away from home to go back to the puppy farm where he was born (or something like that), and then tried to get back home to Charlie Brown. I forget the details. ah, such heartwarming good feelies.[/FONT]

I've been a huge Charle Brown fan since I was real young; like a baby or toddler in my years. My brother and I had a very old tape (which I can't find) of some episodes of Charle Brown. There was the time where I think Linus (sorry for the misspells on names) was the magician; he called up Charle on stage to do a trick on making him invisible, and it worked. Then, there was a part where Snoopy went to a gym to exercise on some dance moves; and show them off at a club one night. I'd love that song they've played on that episode. There're more I've seen, but I couldn't remember how they go. It's been a long time since Charle Brown was never shown back on TV; a really long time. To me, it would be like 5 to 8 years without it.

I miss that show. I even grew up watching it. I'll never forget my favorite quote from none other than Charle Brown himself.

"Good Grief." I'LL MISS YOU CHARLE BROWN!!!!!!:bawl: :bawl: :bawl:

I've been a fan of the Peanuts gang for as long as I can remember. Gotta love that crazy beagle. Whenever I hear the piano-jazz theme song, I do the Snoopy Dance (looking straight up and running in place). Yeah, I know. I'm a geek.

One thing I noticed recently is how depressed those kids are. You never find them in a good mood, especially Charlie. He's always got something to complain about; their losing baseball team, Lucy pulling the football, the meaning of Christmas, Snoopy not acting like other dogs, his best friend holding a security blanket, the little red-haired girl, school, his sister, ect. Personally, I think he's manic-depressive.

[color=333333]*laughs softly* I was just going to comment, but Manic said it first. Poor Charlie, heh.

I was at the bookstore the other day, and they had a giant [i]Peanuts[/i] book. It was very nifty, heh.

I love Snoopy. He has a [i]typewriter[/i], for crying out loud. How can you not love him?[/color]

I've been a big Peanuts fan for years, heh. I still read the comics in the paper, even though they're basically repeats now. Occasionally, I'll check the Peanuts books out at the local library, since they have a pretty good collection.

Personally, besides Snoopy, my favorite was always Linus. I mean, the kid carried around the damn blanket and sucked his thumb without any thought of what everyone thought about him. That's gotta count for something, at least.

[FONT=century gothic][COLOR=darkblue]I haven's seen the show is literally years. I used to watch that show a lot when I was little. Sometimes, if I am lucky, there is a Peanuts movie on Tv, but that we be on at certain times of the year. Like Halloween or Christmas for an example. Snoopy is my favorite character out of all of them, though there is Lucy who is funny to watch when she picks on Charlie. One other character, whom I find rather annoying is the character, Peppermint Patty. When he starts talking, he would never stop. He would just go on and on.
[/COLOR][/FONT]

[QUOTE][i] by Shinmaru[/i]
Personally, besides Snoopy, my favorite was always Linus. I mean, the kid carried around the damn blanket and sucked his thumb without any thought of what everyone thought about him. That's gotta count for something, at least.
[/QUOTE]

[FONT=century gothic][COLOR=darkblue]I agree with you Shinmaru, Linus is a pretty cool character. Though he may seem a bit babyish at times, I do admire him for not giving a care in the world what people think of him. He just continues on with dragging that blanket everywhere and keeping that thumb of his in his mouth.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Manic [/i]
[B]Whenever I hear the piano-jazz theme song, I do the Snoopy Dance (looking straight up and running in place). Yeah, I know. I'm a geek.
[/B][/QUOTE]

My friend knows how to play that song!
He made the mistake of showing me that he could once, and now whenever he's playing/somewhere near a piano I make him play it! SO I JAM OUT RIGHTEOUSLY TO PEANUTS!

Eh hem...yea, I guess you could say I like peanuts.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Japan_86 [/i]
[B][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=darkblue]...One other character, whom I find rather annoying is the character, Peppermint Patty. When he starts talking, he would never stop. He would just go on and on.
[/COLOR][/FONT] [/B][/QUOTE]
[FONT=arial]back when I was a little kid, I was so confused about whether Peppermint Patty was a girl or not.

.....come to think of it, I still am 0_o'. [/FONT]

[URL=http://www.unitedmedia.com/comics/peanuts/meet_the_gang/meet_peppermint_patty.html]Peppermint Patty[/URL] is a girl. I always thought she had a thing for Charlie and stuff. EIther way, a few years back I was fascinated with Peanuts. I have a whole mess of antique-ish comic books and the like. I always really liked when Snoopy would have his novel writing sequences or the Red Baron thingy, I found it amusing.