OtakuBoards

DBZ.......or Cinderella parody?

*GaLxY-GiRl*

DAMNIT! i only came back to these stinking boards to post that! GEEZE, I THOUGHT I WAS GODAMN SMART, I SAID TO MYSELF, BOY WILL THE OTAKU BE IMPRESSED WHEN I MAKE THIS AWESOME POST ABOUT HOW AKIRA TORIYAMA MUSTVE WATCHED CINDERELLA TO GET HIS VILLANS NAMES! ok, enuff caps. Congrats on seeing that also, i felt so clever :( . At least i now no that there are ppl as smart as me in the world.

for those who dont no wtf were talking about:

In the Movie Cinderella (which originally aired in like 1968 according to my mom), there is a song that goes "...put 'em together and wut've you got? Bibidi, Babidi, Boo...". Which are the 3 villans names that come up. Bibidi created Majin BUU (or boo, for sake of the song) and babidi, his son resurrects buu. kinda neat how Akira Toriyama turned to american animation for inspiration, huh?

o yeh, and galaxy girl, that wasnt funimation, those are the names that akira picked back in the 80's or whenever he made dbz. funi just dubs it, and sumtimes they do take liberties with names (hercule, ugh, MR. SATAN!), but this is what its always been!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by No-Name [/i]
[B]o yeh, and galaxy girl, that wasnt funimation, those are the names that akira picked back in the 80's [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=red]LOL.....I realized this after I posted the thread, and didn't feel like correcting myself(oh well.) PS: Sorry for stealing your thunder......we can [i]both[/i] take the credit for being Disney movie gurus.....:laugh:;)[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by *GaLxY-GiRl* [/i]
[B]

[color=red]LOL.....I realized this after I posted the thread, and didn't feel like correcting myself(oh well.) PS: Sorry for stealing your thunder......we can [i]both[/i] take the credit for being Disney movie gurus.....:laugh:;)[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
heh thanks. i feel beter now.

Guest Majin Gohan
My fansubs sometimes add little messages at the bottom of the screen when they show the "DBZ will be right back" type of thing like if Majin Buu were an ice cream flavor what would it be? When it returns it says the answer (Our guess is tutti fruity but who knows who cares?). One of them had something on that Cinderella thing. So I've known for a while now

haha, I didn't notice the whole Bibidi-Babidi-Buu thing until after I watched the dubs when Kai-o-shin was talkin' about them and said "Bibidi had a son, Babidi." I was like, ...eh.... ^_^' hehehe....
and they pronounce 'Majin' decently, too! I thought they would've made it sound like 'May-jin', but they didn't! that gave me some peace of mind:D:D:D