OtakuBoards

Animal Crossing

Morpheus

I decided to make a thread devoted to AC for discussing anything related to the topic i.e. what your house is like, the NES games you have, etc.

My house is a gameroom. Well, the firstfloor is anyway. I played for a year and finally bought ultimate codes for AC. It not only maxed out my account so I could redecorate, it also maxed out the catolog(giving me about 1/2 of the NES games, which I ordered). It even gave 5 games that can't be gotten in AC, like The Legend of zelda and punchout. I lined the walls with the games and put Arwings in the top corners. I put 2 vending machines in the top middle along with Zelda and super mario brothers. To top it all off, I created a deep space pattern at the Able Sisters and put it on my floor, walls, and clothing. I wish I could start a business.

The rest of my house is just storage. to many rare items, so little room.

I am currently making an orchard of cherries and pears, the 2 fruits that I have that aren't native. Big moneymaker!

Also use this for any questions you have about AC. I'll ask the first.

How do you get flying packages?

[color=indigo]I take it you mean the packages that occasionally float around tied to balloons? To get them, let them float into a tree and get stuck (the tree can't have fruit on it), and then shake the tree to make the package drop to the ground. Now just pick it up and open it. Most of the things you get from the packages aren't that good, however, except for the occasional piece of foreign fruit.

As for my house, the first floor is a Master Sword shrine. I've got all the house plants, the Bonsai Set, most of the Mossy Garden set, and all of the Rock Garden set. I'll attach the picture of it that I took a while ago.

My basement is my lounge area. I've got my NES games down there, along with a widescreen TV, a computer, stereo, couches, bed, wardrobes, all that. I finally got rid of, or stored elsewhere, all those items I was saving, since they were just sitting down there taking up space.

My second floor is still under construction, so to speak, though I haven't played the game for quite a while. I'm eventually going to have it set up with the whole 8-bit Mario theme (thanks to the codes in Nintendo Power). Still not sure on how I'm going to arrange everything, but I'll fit it in somehow. I always manage to find a way. ^_^[/color]

hmmmmmm I'm not that organized. Well... my first floor has the Mario theme. They were special from Nintendo Power. My basement has like 15 wardrobes and the floor otherwise is filled with clothes and umbrellas because I like to have a new outfit everyday. My upstairs is the Jingle Theme. I don't have all of these though. (he kept giving me doubles!)

I don't really like my house and I'd really like to re-do it, any ideas?

Also, who is your favorite character?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by slice [/i]
[B]Also, who is your favorite character? [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=#006699]My favorite animal is Joey the duck. Unfortunately he moved out some time ago. :(

As for my house I finally got it payed off about a week ago. Which was a big relief, that last debt was huge. It took a lot of fishing to pay that off. But I'm quite enjoying the statue of myself by the train station. :blush:

My basement is Mario themed currently, I only got two of the things from Nintendo Power (it was a freind's issue) but all the other stuff is mine. Well, now that I think about it, it's Nintendo themed. I have my Arwing and two Master Swords down there as well. My first floor is my recreation area, I have a CD Player with K.K. Rock playing, my frog, my jellyfish, a pool table, a ping pong table, and a few other knicknacks. I also have a HUGE festive tree in the middle that I need to take down. My top floor is where I spend most of my time, I have a modern sofa, all 4 of my NES games, a small festive tree, and a smaller CD player with DJ K.K. playing. And I should be getting a WideScreen TV in there soon if Breko remembers. ;)

So that's it, I have a few plans for my house. But nothing huge, do you know there are some people that constantly change their house to fit with the season? Some of the Christmas and Halloween set-ups I've seen online are insane.[/color]

How do you get the Legend of Zelda NES?What I mostly mean is what's the code?As for my house I only have a basment and the orginal floor just expanded.The orgianl story is all Harvest I think I only need a few more things.Basment is just all my clothes set up and organized.I've noticed that if your on the oppiste side your stero or c.d player is you can't hear it it even happens when your only a few steps away.?Werid uh?

As far as I'm aware, The Legend of Zelda (and other games such as Super Mario Bros.) are only available if you use a GameShark or something...those games aren't available to collect within the game or via e-Reader cards.

I've tried to make my first room space-oriented. I have just about every space-related item available, except for the damn wallpaper, which Wendell seems reluctant to cough up lol. My basement is just full of random crap that I don't use and my upstairs is where I spend most of my time (Excitebike and Donkey Kong being the main attractions, heh).

Oh, and while I'm thinking about it, to get a golden shovel, plant a shovel in a golden spot. Once the tree(also golden), matures, shake it to get the shovel. I now have 3. The trees also look good.

My favorite character is Kiki, the cat. Once, she bought a migratory locust from me for 3,000 bells!

CARRY 27 ITEMS-To carry 27 items, carry 12 letters and put excess items into the letters as presents(do this only with letters that were sent to you. You don't want to send away a rare item.)

Guest Crimson Spider
My main room is a chess board. Got it completed awhile ago, and it has the Chess board Rug and Backgammon wall.

Can't remember what my basement and second story look like.

My favorite Animal Friend is more of a Tie between Chevre, and another guy.

I currently have my town theme set to Lincon Park.

I wield the Golden Net on most occasions, but I aslo have the Golden Fishing rod and Shovel. Still can't get Axe.

[color=indigo]Bleh, sorry Dan, I was busy the whole day so I'll have to get that Widescreen TV tomorrow.

As for The Legend of Zelda and the other super rare NES games, I believe there are e-Reader cards that let you get them. It was either series 4 or series 5 that had the NES game cards, can't remember. (I'm not sure if there even is a series 5, actually. If there isn't, then it's series 4). I'd assume that the cards that give you the NES games are pretty rare, though.

And that's nothing, heh. I have over ten Golden Shovels by now. :p I also have a Golden Rod and Golden Axe, and I'm also going to try and complete my insect collection this year to get a Golden Net. Really, getting a Golden Axe wasn't that hard once I got my town into perfect condition. All I had to do was pick the weeds that grew every day and make sure I never dropped any trash outside of the dump and I was fine.[/color]

[color=#707875]At the moment, my house really has no theme. I'm thinking of using the modern theme upstairs (the entire upstairs is my lavish bedroom -- or love nest, as you may want to put it -- while the downstairs is sort of in transition.

That's a nice way of saying "it has half a million mixed themes and makes little sense".

However, I'm not focusing on house decoration until I've got all my loan paid off. I haven't been playing much lately, so I haven't been harvesting fruit and so on. I should get back into it though, because it would only take a few days of hard fruit-picking to pay off that debt.[/color]

Guest Crimson Spider
You got it made, Desbreko. My town had not enough trees, and after I picked all the weeds, filled the town with flowers, I still didn't have perfect condition. I keep planting Trees in areas that seem bare, but man is it ever so tough.

[color=indigo]An important thing to remember when trying to get a perfect town is to not have any trees right next to each other. Always make sure that there's at least one space in between your trees, both straight and diagonal. However, rocks and flowers don't matter for this--only other trees.

But basically, just keep planting trees in the acres where the Wishing Well says there's too little green or something like that. And make sure that if you plant a sappling and it stops giving you a message for that acre, that you replant if the sappling dies. Even trees that you just planted count towards the rating, so if you plant one, get a perfect rating, and then the sappling dies, it'll go back to imperfect.

Also, flowers don't matter for the Wishing Well's rating, so don't bother with them unless you want the decoration. The only thing that matters for the "too little green" message is trees.[/color]

Guest Crimson Spider
I did. I got a message that didn't specify which section of the town needed trees, and just that the town needed trees in general.

But atleast it was better than the mysterious Fairing Well message that it gave me before.

So I just keep planting.

• 2 weeks later...
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by xxxGothChickxxx [/i]
[B]AH! Animal Crossing! Weo, weo, weo!! *loves the tiny little chracter* My town's name is Kitty Hawk. Hehe!!! [/B][/QUOTE]

This post really made little sense and brings just about no discussion about Animal Crossing, heh. I'd have to ask you to include a bit more than this if you decide to post in this topic (or any topic, for that matter) later on. Just look at the posts in this very topic and you'll get an idea of what's expected, heh.

[size=1]*Sees Shinmaru is his "Mod Mode"* >.>

Well, like James, my AC room doesn't really have a theme either, even though I'm trying to find furniture and such to make one.
I probably have some bugs running around because I havn't played it in a while. On my old file (which was sadly deleted) I had a snow man themed house because I bought the game in January.
My favorite character in the game would probably be Doc the Rabbit/Bunny or Tom Nook (just because he only let you work for half a day).

Right now, I'm mainly trying to collect all the K.K. music in AC. Of course, I'v been using the going forward and backward in time trick... :sweat: I feel kinda bad about that.[/size]

• 8 months later...
[color=darkred]Animal Crossing just came out over here in the UK last Friday, and I managed to pick my copy up this morning. It's funny, because I was very apprehensive about getting it in the first place, but I've become addicted to the game since I started up my own town earlier today.

So far, I've managed to pay off my debt to Nook, and am now waiting for a fully refurbished, bigger house in which I can tune up to my tastes. I was expecting that to happen, so I refrained from buying anything that I sought out as unnecessary just to save money, though the Shovel, the Net, and the Fishing Rod were exceptional to my inventory, and I just had to have them. It feels good not having to worry about Nook hanging over my shoulder, because I'm finally free of "collecting" my money and passing it on, and I can concentrate on thing that I want to buy.

Since I started, only one animal has moved in, but I suspect that will increase in the future. The animals who were previously there are pretty neat, as they each have their own personalities and are easy to differentiate because of it, like that Pelican who works night shifts at the Post Office; the one with an attitude who lacks work ethic, heh. I look forward to building up relationships with the other animals, as well, which I'm pretty sure you're able to do seeing as one animal made the effort to flame me for not writing to him. It'll be great to choose whom you want to be friends with and whom you want to brush aside, so I'm really loving the real time that the game possesses.

My status over at the museum seems to be doing well for itself. I have a few bugs, and a few fossils, though I haven't really made the effort to fish around yet. I can tell that it'll take a while to finally complete each category of the museum, since each fossil that you dig up from the ground isn't always a whole one, but merely a part or a piece of one. But yeah, I can't wait to get into it some more. Bah, Bathers the owl sure knows how to ramble... though he had some worthy facts on mosquitoes.[/color]

[color=#4B0082]Oh, heck yeah -- filling up the entire museum takes forever. Fossils are actually the easiest section to complete, since all of those are available year-round. For fish and insects, certain ones only appear during particular times of the year, so you pretty much have to wait at least a full year to complete those two sections. (That is, if you don't cheat by messing with the game's clock.) And paintings are even more rare; I still haven't completed that section of the museum. ... But I digress. :toothy:

Anyway, sounds like the game's sucking you in just like it did with me; kept me occupied for a good three months straight, and then a couple more months when I picked it up again later. The game has a ton of different things to do, all of which can become strangely addicting. So if you've liked it so far, I think you'll be enjoying it for a good while yet.

And by the way, if you're ever in desperate need of an item, just drop me a PM and I can probably send you a password for it. (Providing you send me your town and character names and the item is able to be sent through passwords, that is.) I've gotten most of the items in the game and I have a buttload of Bells just sitting in the bank, so I'm always happy to send people things.[/color]

[color=darkred]I'm 100% cheat-proof with these kinds of games, so you can rule out that possibility. I've not come across any kind of painting yet, and I still haven't gone fishing for some reason, so I'm off to a pretty slow start. Hopefully, that'll be subject to change for when my exam period has come and gone. I really need a break from it all. :sleep:

The seasons are a great feature, definitely. I usually play the game at around 20:00 each night -- which leaves me with just about enough time to sort out all financial deals with Nook before he shuts for the day -- but the interesting thing I noticed is that the other animals in town have some very witty AI. One animal was moaning to me about how it rained all day and how tired he was from constantly holding his umbrella when he was outdoors. Had he not said anything about that, then I wouldn't have realised to what extent the game functions at. I saw what the four different seasons looked like in the instruction manual, and they look very pretty indeed, even for the poor graphics that Animal Crossing has. But that doesn't really bother me.

Ugh, and I [i]thought[/i] I had gotten Nook off my chest, but it seems I'm going to have to carry on paying him if I want to get around to getting a bigger house. It should be worth it, I hope, but it'll still be a while before I acquire the some 140,000 Bells needed. Oh well, at least I'm not pressured into it this time... not that I was last time, anyway.

And, thanks for the offer. I'll be sure to PM you if I ever need anything, though I'm very keen on collecting things myself (I'm just like that), but yeah, thanks anyway.

Oh yeah, and I had a question. You know how you got back to playing the game after the initial three months you had played it? Well, what were the animals in your town like after your absence? Were they extremely peeved at you for pulling a dissapearing act, or did they feel the same way as they would've had you been gone for say, one day? I don't want the relationships I've built with other animals in my town to go down the drain just because I don't interact with them or remain idol. I'm a perfectionist. ^_^[/color]

[color=#4B0082]You know, I've always really liked Animal Crossing's graphics. I can't really put my finger on it, but it seems like the game has a very distinct style -- I don't think I've ever seen anything else quite like it. But I wish the male characters didn't have those stupid horn things on their hats. My female character is cute, though.

And yeah, it was fun to see the changing seasons. I first started playing in January, I think it was, so I got to watch the transition from winter to spring. Looks really pretty when you've got an orchard of cherry trees and it happens to be a day where there's cherry blossoms blowing in the wind. Though of course, I think it does that even if you don't have any cherry trees in town, but actually having them adds to the look. Spring and fall are my two favorite seasons in AC, if only for how lively and colorful things get.

Oh, and you won't be free of Nook for a long while yet, heh. There's four house upgrades, and I think the total cost of everything is close to 1,000,000 Bells. Myself, I got them all in my first week of playing (I kind of went crazy with fishing and fruit orchards), but I think it would've actually been better to take it slower; have the house upgrades be something to work towards. So yeah, I wouldn't worry too much about paying off the loans.

I would, however, recommend that you get a basement instead of a larger first floor when you get the option. A basement is the same size as a fully upgraded first floor and the HRA doesn't rate things in it -- great for storing all the extra crap you aren't using on your first floor at the moment. Or I suppose you can just drop things on the ground outside, since dropped items never disappear, but I think that looks rather sloppy.

Also, I figured you'd want to collect things yourself (early on it was half the fun of the game for me, trying to collect the entire modern series), but I figured I'd make the offer just in case you ever want something. You can see a list of everything I've got on [url=http://www.accentral.net/][u]AC Central[/u][/url] if you care to sign up at the site. Good place for item trading.

And finally, to answer your question: Yeah, my villagers were kind of annoyed with me. The first time you talk to them after not having talked to them for a long while, they ask where you've been for however long it was and make some sort of comment about it. It doesn't really affect things much, though sometimes villagers will move away if you're gone too long. But then again, a new one may move in to replace him/her; one time I flipped on the game after something like eight months of not playing and about five villagers had moved away, but I still had the max (15) in my village since a new one would move in every time one moved away.[/color]

Guest pilotwings
I am very picky about the layout of my town, and I have found one that I like in most ways. But my ground cover is squares and I want stars. I have been using this town for a while now, so it would be difficult to move all of my stuff to another town, and it would take a long time to find a town that is set up like mine, but with stars on the ground. Does any one know of any kind of cheat that would allow me to change the pattern on the ground. I would really appreciate it.

Wait wait....I don't understand.

Do you mean the floor tile in your house, or the ground outside, where the grass and everything is?

If you mean the ground outside, then I don't know what you mean by square/star pattern....
I'm assuming here when I say the rest of this...
When you dig, or interact with the ground outside of your town, it is in a grid format. Sometimes, when you have something (non-fruit), buried in one of the "squares," a small star-like 'X' will appear. Is this what you mean?
That X simply means that something is buried there that you can dig up. If you want these little 'Xs' to be all over your town, then just bury something in every square...

Hmmm...the answer I gave doesn't really seem to help at all I don't think because I'm still not really sure what you mean by squares/stars...
If my assumptions were correct, then great, but if I am wrong, which I think I am, then I'm sorry and I can't help you till you give me more details... :-/

Guest pilotwings
Thanks Anuj,
I appreciate the respose
What I am referring to is the pattern on the grass. There are four possible patterns that appear on the ground in any given town: squares, circles, triangles, and stars. They kind of look like confetti on the ground. Each town has only one of these designs and there does not appear to be a legitimate way to change it. So I am looking for a cheat code or some other method to chage that pattern.

If there is still any confusion, watch the intro to the game a few times, you should see what I am talking about. Or go to the official web site ([url]www.animal-crossing.com[/url]) you'll see the squares on the first page in green, on other pages of the site you will see the different patterns, some of which aren't even on the game, as far as I know; but the four I mentioned are on that sight.

again thank you for your help.
I am already planning to start a new town, but that would be a pain, because I want certain land marks to be on certain sides of the river or, in some cases, all the way to one side of the town. To find the town I want with the stars on the grass might take a long time.
The town I have is great in almost every way except I don't like the squares.

I would appreciate any help

I think Animal Crossing 2 should let people customize their towns. Does anyone else feel the same way?

Ohhhhhh....no no no no, NOW I know what you're talking about! Of course. Haha, I'm so stupid. Wow, I completely forgot that the game even did that.

What you could do, is start a new town, with a new different character, then move into your new town. And move your new character into your old town. Then you can erase your old town. That way you can keep most of your items and stuff. And you'll end up keeping a lot of your towns members too cause they'll move into the new one also (as they always do when a new town is introduced).

Guest pilotwings
I was afraid of that.
I am planning to do that, but like I said, it will probably take me a long time to find the layout I am looking for.
I'm sure there must be a way to get to the code that dictates which ground cover you have and manipulate it. I thounght maybe gameshark or one of those things could access the right part.

Thanks again Anuj

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

Well I thought I would list some of things I want to see in AC2. Tell me what you think about it, anybody. Maybe we could change the fate of AC2 or, if it's too late, AC3.

Custom landscape and house, including the pattern on the grass.

Much bigger house with multiple rooms on each floor

The ability to see the sky, through a telescope or a camera maybe

A way to skip all that dialog with nook and any other character that you might need to deal with on a daily basis. I buy out his store every day to get the raffle tickets, and it's takes so long because he has to say the same things every day, and I don't need to be told how to use a signboard, or an axe every time I buy one

More types of flowers and fruit

I could say more but I want to see what people have to say about these things first

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

oops...I did not see that there is an animal crossing 2 thread.