OtakuBoards

myOtaku Layouts

FartMaster745

[size=1]I think this qualifies as a Design in the "Otaku Art & Design" part of the forum title(not sure about the Otaku part though), so I think this fits.
==============================
I've make quite a few amount of layouts on myOtaku. I just thought I'd share them with you OBers and see if my designs work on other computers as well...

Both sites are best viewed with IE and a screen resolution of 1024x768...
[URL=http://www.myotaku.com/users/shiroikarasu/]LayOut #1[/URL]
.//---> This is a simple relaxed layout. I think the background music really sets the mood for the layouts I make.

[URL=http://www.myotaku.com/users/nightbeck/]Layout #2[/URL]
.//---> Heh, this is by far the most complicated HTML thing I've made. Its based on the FF character Yuna, and it even has the music from the commercial for FFX-2.

Please rate, comment, make a random statement j/k ^_^[/size]

Wow....those are really cool! I wish i could do that. Is there a certain site that you go to get codes for those types of layouts, or do you have to make them yourself? I really like the background music on the first one. Your right, it does set the mood. :)

wow. Those are great. I like the first one better. That eye just looks incredibly cool. But I must say that I like the toolbar thing from the second one better. I amazed that you can do stuff like that to a myOtaku site. Really really nice work.

~haze

Guest MrSonic
Wow...that's tight. I wish I could do that. But I do have one problem. It says my screen resolution is not a certain size. Do I need a bigger monitor?

*eyes boggle* You can do that with mO? Wow. I wish I knew how to do work like that. Both of those are really really impressive. I love them both.

I find myself leaning towards the more relaxes, easy-pace of Layout 01. It seems so much more simple. And wonderful. I love the eye, and the shadowed tones. So much nicer. I am... flabbergasted. lol. Great work here. I don't know what to say really. This work is just so great it deserves a comment for all the effort, plus how impressed I am.

[If you ever get bored... you can make something like this for my site...] Heh.

My only real issue with your layouts on myOtaku is really that they totally take over the page. It seems really strange to me to block out most everything signifying the site you're running this on.

What's there looks good. I could do without the "You're not using IE!" popup on the one, but yeah heh. I like the designs and use of color. I'm really into the first one, particularly. Unfortunately a lot of the feel is lost because so much of myOtaku itself pops up below it.

Nice job otherwise though.

[size=1]Jea, I'm trying too see what I can and can't do on myOtaku.

""You're not using IE!""-- jea that thing, I viewed the layout with Netscape an noticed it didn't come out right(I'm trying ot make a layout that is compatable for any resolution and browser). Right now I'm working in a layout that puts like up like a "myOtaku" banner across the top and stuff like that, to keep the myOtaku-ness in the myOtaku sites.

Making these layouts are kind hard considering everything is done inside the introduction, which forces me to use stylesheets. The most difficult and annoying things are those option things in the middle of the screen, it just gets in the way.

MrSonic:
Your resolution is something like how many pixels run across and up/down your screen. The more the pixles = the better the graphics = the slower your computer runs. Now and days the 1024x768 resolution doesn't really slwo down the computers like the really old ones. Its doesn't mean you need a bigger moniter.

BTW, thanks for the comments[/size]

It really doesn't look all that bad in Mozilla, but there is a difference. I am sure that's something you could probably adjust rather easily. I've had a million issues with layers (I've not checked your source, but I'm assuming that's what you've used heh), so I know how that can be. Sometimes things just do not want to display right lol.

Still, I think they were pulled off well.