OtakuBoards

Psycho Beach Party

Patronus

[size=1][color=darkred]Has anyone else seen this movie? It's awesome, and it made me laugh.

The plot.. was weird, and so different. You don't see movies like that so much anymore, or at least, I don't think there are movies like it.

My favorite part was when[/color] [spoiler]the two guys kisses. Ah, finally, some hot guys kissing. ^_~[/spoiler]

[color=darkred]I was really surprised when it turned out to be[/color] [spoiler]Chicklette's (sp?) mom.[/spoiler]

[color=darkred]What are your thoughts on this movie?[/color][/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Epid3mic [/i]
[B]I have never heard of this movie. What is the basic synopsis? Is it foreign? [/B][/QUOTE]

[size=1][spoiler]Basically, there is a killer going around in the 1950s, killing people who have deformities. And the main character has split personalities - a black girl from the 90s, and biker chic - and you think it's her, but it isn't.[/spoiler][/size]

I really don't think Chicklette's black girl was from the 90's, she seemed 50-ish to me, but that's besides the point. This movie was definately weird, but I enjoyed it a whole lot. Also, [spoiler]the murderer wasn't Chicklette's mom, it was the foriegn exchange student[/spoiler] When they said it was her in the first place I was extremely shocked, I knew it couldn't be her. I really enjoyed [spoiler]the part at the beach when Chicklette asks the guy she likes what he does with the other blonde girl when they're alone.[/spoiler] I thought that was hilarious.

Guest rttocs77
I have heard of it, but I have never seen it at any Blockbuster. Where did you find it?

Do you think it's worth it to buy a copy (DVD) off the internet?

Horrible movie! I thought so at least. I think it was direct to video or just a bad cable B movie. I never made it through the whole thing though, so maybe I missed something but I don't think so.

No offense, its just BAD so I don't reccommend people go out and waste three bucks renting it.

Well I've heard of the movie a while back, but have never seen it.

Hmm, was Nicolas Brendon (Xander from Buffy the Vampire Slayer) in it?
I heard some where that he was in a movie like that, with a similar title.

Oh well, I'm not a real big fan of slasher/horror B movies anyways, so I'll probably have to skip that one.:D

It was incredibly stupid, you don't look at this type of movie searching for any sort of insight or deep stuff of the like. It's a cheap laugh. I wouldn't waste money on it, I get free HBO. It was nice for a sleepless night after a Sex in the City marathon, but I wouldn't go as far as buying it or anything.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by WW2 [/i]
[B]
Hmm, was Nicolas Brendon (Xander from Buffy the Vampire Slayer) in it?
I heard some where that he was in a movie like that, with a similar title.
[/B][/QUOTE]

this is how i heard of the movie, but haven't been able to find it anywhere.
were you guys able to rent it at the local video store, or did you have to buy it somewhere?

• 3 weeks later...
I just saw movie a few nights ago on HBO. I thought that it was very funny. What suprised me though was what happened in the very end. >.>
Chick's mom is the lady that plays one of the aunts on Sabrina...heh...she is pretty neat. Overall, this movie is very cool and I wouldn't mind seeing it again.

I Loved this movie! It was intended to be a spoof of the cheesy B-movies of yesteryear and it succeeded. It was pure camp and nothing but fun. And the homoerotic tension between the two had me hooked lol.

But seriously, if you don't have anything better to do in the middle of the night, look for it on HBO.