OtakuBoards

crapy copy of Final Fantasy

Shimmer

Howdy :D
well a bit ago my friend played an RPG...after i had told him to for ages, so he plays this game called "ledgends of dragoon" any way he finishes it and says it's the best game ever... so i swaped him Final Fantasy 7 for it and told him to compare it to this and i'll play his. I finished it easy (it was crap) and he finnishes FF7 after a few weeks and comes back telling me that FF7 it WAY better that Ledgend of Dragoon, now thats all he plays, he borrowed all mine.

anyway to describe ledgend of dragoon think final fantasy 9 mixed with abit of them all and then times that by 50 of the crapest most boringest, sh*tist RPG's you have ever seen (you didn't have to of finnished them) and that still doesent compare to it!:confused: :mad: :flaming: :devil:

If you disagree with me i'm sorry but i think alot of you FInal Fantasy fans will agree with me if you truly are a FAN!:laugh:

[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]well... i am one of the biggest FF fans in the world... and well i do disagree w/ you. LOD is one of the best games out there... it is just you are expecting so much from it since you are an FF fan... every game is different they cant all be as stunning as FF 7 was... im sorry you didnt see the true beauty of LOD which just goes to show your NOT an FF fan... just obsesed w/ FF there is a big difference... you lead me to believe that you didnt like FF 9 the only true FF game on the PSX neither 7 nor 8 had a class system which is what started the series to begin w/. so just by the way your talking i can tell your not a true FF fan. anyway yes FF 7 was probably the best game on the system... it was not the best FF game... there was no fantasy to it... and no class system, i could go on for days on y FF 7 was not a true FF game... and if it was there isnt a game in the world that could compare to it. but to bad mouth a game like LOD is to say 'i dont have my own mind im just following the crowd that is obssesed w/ FF 7 and didnt see the beauty if 8 or 9 or any other game to come out' so i dont know what to say to someone like you... i never will either cause you have your mind set that it is the best game ever... i know FF 9 had flaws yes... but the game still rocks in ways you will never see[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

Hmm... everygame has something differnt to offer, if you ask me what my fravorite game is I couldn't tell you. What I'ld give you was a long list of great games. LOD rocked, it had a completly differnt system. The additions where the best form of phyical attacks in any game I've seen. I thought you where more in controll with the game, like games should be. Most final fantasy don't have a very good battle system, but the story was great. I think they're isn't a such thing as a prefect game. Everything can be improved and made better. Not even ff7 or 9 they both have there flaws. I also think LOD had the best graphics out of the rpg's for the system, it also had voices which rocked. A ture FF fan keeps an open mind, all the final fantasy games are differnt, all of them are great. I would post more but I'm going to go eat Chinese food:tasty:.

geee...so sorry that i have offended people,
but i have played alot of RPG's and some are good and some are bad but when i can across ledgends of dradoon, it was like seeing a final fantasy all over again. and i loved final fantasy 9 the only reason i made reference to it was because of the medi evil feel about it, and that theme was also in ledgends of dragoon.
P.S. if i had signed up to otaku boards just to say what everyone else feels and not what i feel, why should i bother at all!

and kaja i remember you saying in one of your posts that you hate butt kisses! well you can put me down on a list as someone who wont to that but tell you how i feel.

and it is good to know that at least a few people likes ledgends of dragoon, BUT I DIDN"T!
:flaming:

[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]remember each game has its own way of playing... brave fenser musashi SUCKED!!!!!!!!! LOD was good, Xenogears was the best freaking game ever!!!!!!!!!!! legend of legia was an interesting change, grandia was OMFG awesome first game i played w/ voices. i tend to like RPGs that arent FFs cause well it is hard to compete so you have to have something different and most games have a good something... which i would love to see combined all in one game lol... just think xenogears and legend of dragoons battle systems crossed.... a dragoon for ur gear!!!!!!! omg that would kill lol...[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by kuja [/i]
[B][SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]remember each game has its own way of playing... brave fenser musashi SUCKED!!!!!!!!! LOD was good, Xenogears was the best freaking game ever!!!!!!!!!!! legend of legia was an interesting change, grandia was OMFG awesome first game i played w/ voices. i tend to like RPGs that arent FFs cause well it is hard to compete so you have to have something different and most games have a good something... which i would love to see combined all in one game lol... just think xenogears and legend of dragoons battle systems crossed.... a dragoon for ur gear!!!!!!! omg that would kill lol...[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

That would be awesome... A dragoon as a gear... I'd like to see Fei in one of those...

I should of came to this topic earlier.. i woulda posted too but yet again Kuja beat me to it.

I also like a lot of games besides just the final fantay series. IMO Some of the games in FF sucked. Look at mystic quest. that almost ruined the seris!

And Kuja, Why did you have to mention Grandia? Ever since this morning i've been wanting so bad to play that game. No game will ever beat the weapon system in that game, or the battle system... After i finish on the otaku oi'll go down and star a 5th file up...

[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]yes it was a great battle system... just took me forever to beat... couldnt find something... cant remember what... thou when i did it was like.. how on earth was it there???? lol but yea the whole level up each attack/element/weapon was pretty cool... ok... a dragoon who gets a gear... and you level up the attacks!!!!!!!!! OMFG that would take forever... leveling up the person, the dragoon, AND the gear OMG that would be forever... and oh yea... throw legend of legia in there... you have to randomly steal the enemy's spells!!!!!!!! omg that would be all life to get some of this stuff *sigh*[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by kuja [/i]
[B][SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]remember each game has its own way of playing... brave fenser musashi SUCKED!!![/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

Woah, woah...It wasn't that bad. It was just too short. If done better, it could have become a classic...

And if you guys are talking about great RPGs, [U]do not[/U] forget Skies of Arcadia! That game did a lot for 3D RPGs:

1)It was the first RPG to use the 3D angles it used.
2)It has what is the most original plot of the year 2000 (not that the other plots were bad)
3)It used a ship battle sistem which will probably be copied hundreds of times.

And I'm too lazy to keep writing...

[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]all i can say is... it beats any FF game besides the orignal hands down... the game was Freakin awesome. you had normal guys that had some cool moves and then they got in robot type things (gears) and could kick some serious butt... and well had one great storyline... it is one of the best RPGs ever... and it was a LOT better than any other PSX game by square... you have to go back to SNES or NES to get a game that even compares to it.[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

Sometime's I think square should stop with Final Fantasy for a while and do something new, it seem's that it's just starting to repeat, I can just imagine something like this (I don't know any of the producer's names but here's something).

Producer:Hmm... We need to think of the story for Final fantasy 52, I got a great idea! How about we make a game with a theif for the main character and Black mage's running amock on airships!

Someother guy: Err... we already did that sir...

They need to do something differnt, or at least make a new game in the Chrono Trigger seris. Sadly I've never played Xenogear's... sound's awsome. What system is it for? Well I hope Xenosaga is just as good...

Ok ,so I take Xenogear is good then.lol.
Yeah i know what you mean.But do you think the FF series is gonna go any higher 12.Square should make a classic story line.Sumthin that touces the layer of imagination like FinalFantasy3(6) or 7.
I think they're all brilliant games.In fact my favourite.They should make a sequel to Final Fantasy Tactics.That'd be cool wudn't it?

• 2 weeks later...