Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
I've finally made a new banner for my website, but I'd like some critque on it. I like this one much better than my previous one which I still have up. I'm not sure I'm too happy with the font but I didn't spend much time with that because my computer tends to go slow when I begin using the text options. >.<

So anyway, please rate, c/c. ^_^
Posted
[color=gray]It aint using much space on the left side, so maybe if you shrink it a little vertically it would look less plain.

Other than that, the banner itself is really nice and i like how the guy his colors are (yes i know you changed them lol).

The text looks nice too. The fading box around it fits in nicely and the spark in the middle-back of the banner gives it a nice touch.

Great job you ^_~[/color]
Posted
That is excellent SPX. I love the layout of it, and it looks really flashy. The faded white boxes behind the text give it definition, and the faded grid in the main picture looks great, and gives it the necessary detail to draw the viewer in. The colours you changed for the character look pretty good, and the banner's background is damn nice.

My only dislike is with the larger text. The small text looks good in that font, and originally so did the larger text. However, the more I look at it, the less I like it.. maybe I should only glance quickly at it. lol.

Anyway, good work.

Aesthetics: 9/10
Technical: 8/10
Posted
I think it actually looks good together with the pixel font. I think it may be a little bit too 'spaghetti-like' in the text, but it isn't too bad.

It blends in the modern and the old well. Maybe try some other fonts like that, but I reckon this could be a successful finished version.

Once again, I must commend you on this banner. It is excellent.
Posted
The only real issue with it is its size. If you want this to be on the page everytime it loads up, you're really going to be putting a strain on your users. That's quite large for just one graphic.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...