OtakuBoards

Squares

Baron Samedi

It looks like it says "clap" in a modern kind of way. I don't know why, but I love this one. It's simple, yet cool. I like the colors too. There isn't much to say about it. It's just squares. Very interesting concept though. Nice work Baron.

[FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=2][COLOR=Indigo][B]I think it brings out the spirit and character of a person and that's great. I love modern art and I love the colours too. I think art is always going to be something for people to look at and relax. ^^.[/B][/COLOR]
[/SIZE][/FONT]

[color=green]A little bland for my tastes, but cool nevertheless.

It?s interesting that you chose red on white. Was that just random, or did you choose it to express something? Along that same vein, are the placement of the squares and their formations random, or are they in some way significant?

It reminds me of Tetris in a way?

-Boba[/color]

[color=darkred][size=1] I thought that Red on white would be especially visual and captivating. It seemed like a good colour scheme. Heh, the squares placement... random. I did one little thing with three squares. And then I added more. But it would have looked strange if they were all the same. So I thought of as many shapes as I could for it, and positioned them.

Due to this positive reaction... I'll link it up![/size][/color]

[font=Fixedsys]o.O;;[/font]

[font=Fixedsys][size=2]I say that the little squares are grainy...or is that shading? I may never know.[/size][/font]

[font=Fixedsys][size=2]As for concept, not bad. Simplistic and yet, captivating. We have to make a game out of it![/size][/font]

[font=Fixedsys][size=2]How many things can you visualize in the banner?:laugh: [/size][/font]

Meh. Sorry to be the one to say this, but it's just a bunch of squares to me.
Personally, I'm not fond of "modern art." It's there to make you try to find a meaning in something that was created to never have one.

:edit: I just realized what it makes me think of: tetris!

[QUOTE=MarkM]Very cool. I opened it and was trying to read it. Then I went back and read your post, lol. It is a pretty nifty peice.

-Mark[/QUOTE][color=#30415d]We ask that you please include constructive criticism in your post, as James has outlined in the stick at the top of the forum. ~_^ In other words, a further explanation of your likes and dislikes about a particular piece are appreciated.[/color]

[quote name='Psychotik']Its nice, simple yet effective, maybe a little to simple though[/quote][color=#30415d]As was the first quoted post, you need to expand on a few things, such as why you think it may be too simple. Your banner is also too large for these forums; 500 x 100 is the max, and your height exceeds 100 pixels.[/color]