OtakuBoards

Elemental Control

Katana

Long ago, as the runes say, the power of the four elements ruled over the world. Their forces were deadly enough alone, but combined they had the power to destroy the world?and the person that used it.
Usually, stories like these are written off as merely fairy tales. But what if they are real? What if, somewhere, there is truth about the runes, there is truth about the stories? What if they hold the key to power, humanity, and life itself?
The Land of Gwyndr, year 781. Life goes on as normal, in its inevitable fashion. Day becomes night as night becomes day, the sounds of birds chirping is heard, the buzz of insects in the numerous forests are almost impossible to avoid. Chores are started and completed, lessons in reading and writing take place and end. How could something ever happen, especially in a place like this?
It can, and it has. Except no one knows it yet.
Several young people, ranging from pre-teens to near-twenties were born under the elements, bestowing on them abilities most people only dream about.
What is wrong? While there are only four elements, one being was born strangely, inheriting them all. The one?s dreams are of death and poverty as they rule the land with a cold iron fist. And it has already started to happen.
-------
[I]Year 783 ?
First journal entry this year. I?ve noticed a distinct change in the atmosphere around me. Everything is quiet. I try hard to listen, even venture into the greatest depths of the forest, but hear nothing of nature. I do hear whispers and plans about rebelling against that guy (being non-gender specific) who is slowly taking over Gwyndr. I hear I can do it. But how? I know of nothin in my abilities that could do anything.
Wait. Yes, there is. My powers of water and ice. Can that stop this creature? I highly doubt I can?[/I]
Kaisui looked up from the passage she just wrote. She read the lines over and over again, until flopping onto her hay-stuffed bed.
?Kaisui. Tsuyoi Kaisui. Strong?ocean water?That?s a weird name.? She pulled herself up quickly. ?But it describes me, I guess.? Kaisui looked at her entry again. ?How did I write this?? she murmured to herself. ?I?ve never written like this before??

Alright, this is how this?ll go. If you?ve played any of the Golden Sun games, or something like them, than you might have a good time with this.
However, I?m putting up a new rule: All posts must be at least two paragraphs (3-5 sentences each) long, and well written out. If you can?t think of anything to post, don?t post.

[u]What is Needed:[/u]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b] (Somewhere between 11 and 19, preferably)
[b]Appearance:[/b]
[b]Weapon:[/b] (You know the drill: sword, bow and arrow, whatever. All of us have staffs, however, in order to use stronger spells and things)
[b]Element:[/b] (Earth, Water/Ice, Wind, and Fire. Two people each)
[b]Bio:[/b] (Little background on your character)
[b]Personality:[/b]

Here?s mine if you?re confused:

[b]Name:[/b] Tsuyoi Kaisui, but prefers Kaisui
[b]Gender:[/b] Female
[b]Age:[/b] 15
[b]Appearance:[/b] Light blue hair set in draping spikes that reach to her shoulder. Blue eyes, dark peach skin. Wears a thick white sleeveless shirt under a heavy trenchcoat/robe and blue riding pants. Sometimes wears brown leather gloves. Wears ankle-high boots that were brown but are now covered in mud and dirt. Has one silver earring, which is in her left earlobe.
[b]Weapon:[/b] Long sword, about four feet in length and ten inches in width
[b]Element:[/b] Water/Ice
[b]Bio:[/b] Kaisui grew up in a small village near the castle of Gwyndr. She has two older brothers and sisters, and is the youngest in her entire family. Kaisui developed a tomboy personality at a young age, therefore learning how to swing and control a sword like the one she uses now. At the age of 13, her family was forced to move by the one who had taken control. They quickly escaped to another village, this one being large and busy. There, Kaisui was taught more advanced classes than the one she had taken before. She is quite intelligent, but didn?t seem to think it mattered in her world.
[b]Personality:[/b] As mentioned above, Kaisui is a complete and total tomboy. She doesn?t like taking no for an answer, and is relatively hard to please. She has a soft spot for young children and animals, however, and makes a good friend. Kaisui acts tough and mean but can be caring and nice. Sometimes.

Need seven other people! Two of each category, except for the Water/Ice one, which only needs one. I hope this gets launched out of the Recruitment section. ^^; Thanks!

Name:Mitzo Sakin [prfers Sakin(called by her last name)]

Appearance:Short, black spikey hair, with red tips. Wears a black nomads cape and a black leather jacket and leather pants underneath. A pair of fingerless black leather gloves and black kneen high boots.

Weapon: White sheathied sword, worn on a belt around her waist. also twin daggers with leather sheaths and 3 throwing knives.

Element: Fire

Bio:Mitzo grew up with her older 24 year old brother, as her father died before she was born and her mother died giving birth to her. She learned sowrdsmanship from her brother and also his bad attutude. The odd thing about her is that she is a mute. She can't talk. Either that or she just doesn't want to. She is arogent, stubborn and listens to no one. [sounds like someone I know...]

Personality:She is what people have said "Crule and heartless" She's shown no wekness ever. not a shard of kindness or love for none exept her brother. She learned this attitude by living out in an abandoned area and having to hunt game to live off of. in other words, she talks with her sword.

[COLOR=Navy][B]Name:[/B] Chimé "Chi" Kaisui/Tsuyoi (Which is the surname?)
[B]Gender:[/B] Female
[B]Age:[/B] 16
[B]Appearance:[/B] Chi has long, flowing chocolate brown hair that ends around the middle of her back. Her eyes are a piercing emerald. The wings that sprout from her back are a glittering sapphire blue. Sometimes she can sprout out in sapphire scales but she turns back. She usually wears a black, button up shirt with a flame embroided on the bottom right of the buttons and a blue dragon on the left hand side of the buttons, she wears black pants to match and black sneakers. Around her neck is a silver chain with a small crystal/glass sphere that has a spark of power inside it. The spark is usually read but corresponds with her emotions.
[B]Weapon:[/B] [URL=http://www.ffonline.com/1_ff10gfx/weapon-sword1.gif]Long Sword[/URL]
[B]Element:[/B] Water/Ice
[B]Bio:[/B] Chi, like her younger sister is part of a family of 7. She's only a year older than Kaisui are very close. Chi doesn't open up to others unless she's close enough. She doesn't trust her parents or other siblings either. Seeing as Chi's a year older, she started her training before Kaisui and she had to the sword she has by herself. It took long days over a forge, hammering at the stubborn metal to shape it. She was proud when she finally finished it but then she had to start her training with it, to get used to the weapon.

Chi's never really known why she looks different from Kaisui, she supposes she gets her looks from their father, like their brothers do. Chi, like Kaisui is a complete tomboy. She always has been since her childhood and she wasn't very social either. She has the tiniest weakness though, she loves animals and nature and can't help if someone's destroying it or doing anything wrong to it.
[B]Personality:[/B] Chi is a cold person, she keeps her emotions to herself and doesn't open to many people. Now and again, if you get close enough to her, she'll let you in slowly. Though she gets angry when anyone she cares for gets hurt. She's stubborn and sticks to her rights and beliefs and is quite arrogant. Her beauty is deadly and her intelligence, creativity and power are things people underestimate about her. Her cold side doesn't let her accept jokes which makes her overserious about things, making people try to get her to brighten up. But as I said before, she's the guardian type and is protective over people she cares for. The only person she opens up to fully at the moment is her sister, Kaisui.[/COLOR]

[color=hotpink][size=1]Alright well, I'll give this a go, I'm looking for something different...*sighs*

[b]Name:[/b] Tess

[b]Gender:[/b] Female

[b]Age:[/b] 18

[b]Appearance:[/b] Stunningly beautiful and full of grace, Tess has long blonde hair that flows past her waist, perfectly straight. Her eyes are deep violet color and she has pale and delicate skin. She wears a white gown that flows softly behind her and it made of very soft and sheer material. A golden circlet with a green jewel falls across her forehead.

[b]Weapon:[/b] She only carries her wooden staff, carved intricately with a large green gemstone at the top of it that glows softly.

[b]Element:[/b] Earth

[b]Bio:[/b] Tess is the daughter of a nobleman who was very handsome and very wealthy. Tess never knew her mother, as the union between her father and her mother was forbidden. Her mother, a poor girl who served as a maid in her father's household was banished after she had Tess and had been gone ever since. Tess was raised by the young maidens that had grown up with her father who were dear friends to her mother and taught her everything she needed to know. She was told that she looked exactly like her and that she had inherited all of her gentle dispositions. At age 16, Tess's father arranged her marriage to a young nobleman, the son of her father's good friend. He was nice enough, but Tess did not love him and wanted to have nothing to do with the union. Her father was so outraged that he sent her to live with her Aunt, her father's cruel sister, and there she has been residing ever since.

[b]Personality:[/b] Tess is a very sweet girl with idealistic dreams. She wanted nothing to do with an arranged marriage because she always believed that she could find true love no matter where she was, just like her father and mother. She's passionate about the things that she believes in and will never let anyone put her down.[/color][/size]

Am i the only male character here so far?

Name:Kantron Sercon
Race: Dragon Andraen
Appearance:Tall with long black hair with red tips and highlights in a ponytail. Appearing to have deep red eyes, with a strong muscular build. Wears a sleeveless muscle shirt with loose black jeans and Saiyan style boots (dont know what to call them)

Weapon: Two diamond mythril katanas, along with two mythril daggars at waist.
Element: Fire

Bio: Growing up in the hustling and bustling town of Kiasha, Kantron was always bullied around. He never had any friends, untill he met a sword trainer, named Letsu. They became close friends, while Letsu trained Kantron for many years. When Kantron turned 14, Letsu died of an unknown disease. He lost his only friend untill Kaisui arrived. Since Kaisui was a tomboy and knew how to use a sword, Kantron and Kaisui became quick friends. But over the past 2 years, Kantron has grown to like Kaisui as more than just friends...

Personality:Usually cold and ruthless unless it concerns Kaisui. Never talking unless he speaks to her or tells an opposer he is going to die. The only person that knew the real Kantron was Letsu.

I hope that is good?

Name: Hoichi

Appearance: [url]http://images.darkhorse.com/covers/11/11853.jpg[/url] (human in the middle)

Weapon: Daikyu (long bow) and a dagger

Element: Earth (darn, someone beat me to Fire)

Bio: Hoichi remembers very little of his past before the age of 13. He awoke inside of a small cabin in the middle of a wooded area, and has since been working in town to survive. During his time in town he met a young woman named Akane who believes she is somehow linked to Hoichi's past, and wishes to help him remember in the hopes of knowing the truth about herself. Bits an pieces of Hoichi's past return to him in nightmares, but never give him enough to learn everything. Recently he left his home, and Akane, behind in order to travel and hoefully find someone that knows something of his past.

Personality: Hoichi is often uncomfortable around people, but still seeks out areas where he can be near them, while still seperated from them. He has rarely made friends durning his journey, but protects anyone he does manage to befriends.

Name: Kayin Cloud
Appearance: [url]http://www.myimgs.com/data/THova/KayinCloud.jpg[/url] (holding weapon)
Weapon: Shadow Katana
Element: Wind
Bio: Kayin was raised in learning the arts of Bushido from the age of 11. He was a quick learner and first to surpass his master in a matter of 5 years. Upon surpassing him, he recieved the Shadow Katana and the hatred of his master for surpassing him. From 17 years old he continued to train himself alone in the forest. In his self-training year, he was confronted by his master once again for a final duel, when the fight was interrupted by a creature attack. The monsters defeated his master but Kayin was not defeated by these creatures, thanks to his own training.
Personality: Kayin is a very determined fighter and a very fast learner. He is very protective and gets along well with others. He is sometimes shy and does not always say what is on his mind.

Name: Kairi Tomoe/Fuji-iro (Makes people call her Fuji-iro (it means light purple))
Appearance: She is tall for her age, but very thin (like sickly thin), her bone structure is not very strong, so she tends to brake her bone easily. Her eyes are a dark purple flecked with light purple and rimmed in blue so dark it?s almost black. She usually wears a mage black (midnight) dress with long flowy sleeves, it goes down to her ankles. She is pale, and her dark (dark) purple hair is long, down to the middle of her back.
Weapon: Enchanted flute (I hope that?s all right if not, bow and arrow.)
Element: Wind
Bio: She was abandoned as a little girl, when she was about five, so she doesn?t remember her parents. In her depression (which she is now over with) she buried herself in books and anywhere she could learn something, so now she is very smart. After she learned all she could, she left in search of fun.
Personality: She is quiet and calm, but sometimes over reacts. She usually smirks though. And if in a bad mood is very cynical.

I hope this is OK.

Name: abunai teki (dangerous enemy)

Appearance:[IMG]http://artgeek5000.com/sketch/dark_lord.jpg[/IMG]

Weapon: Enchanted Broad Sword

Element: Ah Ah Ah Only I Know

Bio: Darkness has shrouded this once noble warriors heart and soul. He first found out about the elements from a young boy named Hoichi. Abunai, soon after finding out about the controlers of the elements, wiped out Hoichi's memory.(Find out more as the story begins)

Personality:Dark, Ruthless, Fearless... If anyone gets in his way THEY ARE DEAD