OtakuBoards

A Divided World: Kellan's Plan

Motfati

[font=Franklin Gothic Medium][size=3]Kellan paced the dark alleyway, thinking. Thinking about his new plans. He was softly muttering aloud, not even sure himself of what he was saying. Ideas raced about in his head, pushing to be put into action. None of them satisfied Kellan's unique taste, though. [/size][/font]
[font=Franklin Gothic Medium][size=3]He was breathing rather loudly and, afraid that someone would hear him, he moved farther back into the alley. [/size][/font]
[font=Franklin Gothic Medium][size=3]After another minute or so of pondering, he screamed.[/size][/font]
[font=Franklin Gothic Medium][size=3]"I've got it! I've got it!" He covered his mouth quickly, reminding himself that it was the dead of night. "Yes..." he whispered. "Yes..."[/size][/font]
[font=Franklin Gothic Medium][size=3]He suddenly broke out into a run. The fastest he'd ever felt his legs go. He had to get to his base. This plan was gold. [/size][/font]
[font=Franklin Gothic Medium][size=3]He took out a bronze key and jammed it into the keyhole of a metal door. He slipped in and shut the door as quietly as possible. [/size][/font]
[font=Franklin Gothic Medium][size=3]He turned down the hall and stepped into a huge room, entering the doorway with a threatening smirk on his face. [/size][/font]
[font=Franklin Gothic Medium][size=3]"It will all happen slowly," he said. "First, I will join office. No one will suspect me because no one's heard of me..." he laughed. "I shall then steal the minds and hearts of all of the government workers. I shall have complete power and tell all the Bounty Hunters and to wipe out everyone. A dictatorship will form, if that's what they'd like to call it; but I... I shall call it-" he paused. "Death to all. After I have my complete rule over this country, I will unleash my Powers. Powers so heavily armed, Powers so cunning and skillful that none shall beat them. They, under my control of course, will then send everyone Elsewhere. My new species will comence. This world will only know me, only love me, and only obey me," he laughed again and sat down at one of the seven control panels that lined the room, casting it into an erie glow.[/size][/font]
[font=Franklin Gothic Medium][size=3]Each of the control panels showed a different camera shot. Kellan had found out about seven people who somehow knew that he was planning the world's destruction. He had no idea how, but they did and that meant he'd have to keep an eye or two on them.[/size][/font]
[font=Franklin Gothic Medium][size=3]Kellan looked at them all carefully... Remembering the names, ages, and social groups of the Seven-who-know, as he called them.[/size][/font]
[font=Franklin Gothic Medium][size=3]"Jim, a 15-year old Jailbait... Jedgar, a 15-year old Stiff... Van, a 17-year old Preen... Veil, a 16-year old Shanty... Syft, a 14-year old Stiff... Xander, a 28-year old Preen... and Markuu, a 15-year old Jailbait. Looks like I have my work cut out for me. Hm... I suppose Xander's going to be my close buddy for a while, what with him working for the government and all. And those two Stiffs? Ha! I laugh upon their mothers... grimy little things.."[/size][/font]
[font=Franklin Gothic Medium][size=3]He swiveled his chair around and met his laptop that was sitting on the desk behind him. He jabbed a few keys, putting the finishing touches on his Powers, then scooped up the laptop and hurried out the door, forgetting to lock it.[/size][/font]
[font=Franklin Gothic Medium][size=3]He walked down many streets, turning left here, making a right there. He finally arrived at his destination. [/size][/font]
[font=Franklin Gothic Medium][size=3]The Government Dome was the only decently kept building around. It's white columns stretched upwards, perfectly white and untouched. Kellan once heard it called "The White House" in an old book he came along a few months ago. But, he wasn't here for a history lesson. He was here to start his magnificent plans.[/size][/font]
[font=Franklin Gothic Medium][size=3]He walked up the stairs, one by one, savoring each moment, as these were the last few breaths he was going to take as a commoner. Soon, he would be ruler of the world, the dictator of all government, Kellan the Great. [/size][/font]
[font=Franklin Gothic Medium][size=3]He slowly opened the door and stepped inside; his face disappeared into the shadows. He couldn't wait until morning. [/size][/font]

[SIZE=1]Xander tossed aside the folder he was reading, it was every bit of information about the person named Kellan he could find. Being a Bounty Hunter allowed him to be able to get information about any person he wanted.

He rubbed his eyes as he propped his feet up on his desk, it was a bad habit of his that he was trying to kick, but it wasn't going over well. Xander sighed, there wasn't a single thing he could do about Kellan at the moment. Several things were working against him in that aspect. One: Kellan was a Preen, Xander can only legally kill Stiffs. Two: Kellan had broke no law that allowed Xander to even look at him funny. Three: This type of thing could create a scandal in the government so big it would make some of the ones out of U.S. History look insignificant.

Xander would have to take baby steps. He would have to get to know Kellan some, appear buddy-buddy. Then stab the bastard in the back.

Xander thought for a moment, this could be used to an advantage. If he allowed Kellan's plans to go through part way, it may get rid of this ridiculous social class, and make this country what it once was. It would be risky, but well worth it in the long run. He would just have to know when to make the right move. Maybe even get help from outside sources. Whatever the case, there was no room for failure.[/SIZE]

Veil was smiling calmly at her customer, who was now dressed as a Preen. Suddenly, her eyes narrowed, and she has a threatening expression. "If you get caught, what are you going to say?" She had asked this question at least five times since this particular customer had come into the store.

He sighed, but answered quickly, noting her expression. "I found the clothes in a dumpster, and I have no idea who you are, because I've never met you before." It wasn't wise to brush off Veil's questions; she was known for her flightly mood swings...bipolar little b****. But..in the end, there was no one better who could effectively prepare disguises. She was, in all, a master of her work.

Veil smiled again, nodding. "Yes, exactly. I'm glad you're so cooperative. " She quickly finished business with the shanty-turned-preen-in-her-shop, and ushered him out of her shop. She sighed...time to close up and go home. She locked up the tidy, inconspicuous store, and then walked the dark tunnels of the subways, the underworld of society...not that the "society" was much civilized anyway.

Reaching her modest home that blended in with the surroundings, she let herself in through the back door. Gosh, what an enitrely boring, yet extremely tiring day. She went to her library, and collapsed onto one of the comfortable, squashy couches. Her books, so carefully preserved, cared for, and organized, scanned the walls, filling the shelves from floor to ceiling. Other books were piled onto some tables, spread out with pages propped open. The history of the country...

Veil's research was not going in the direction she wanted. After reading everything she could on past tyrants and dictators of the past, the major battles and destructive wars, powerful weapons and the history of nations...there was still nothing. Nothing to give her any ideas of how to return the world to the flourishing, hopeful place it once was. Nothing to give her any ideas of how to defeat the ambitious lunatic, Kellan. Nothing... Veil groaned, covering her face with her hands, and promptly fell asleep.

Jim walked down the foggy streets passing all the different people and some are from different social groups, so Jim basically walked as fast as he could and didn't look at anyone. While doing that he was paying attention to his mini-laptop on his wrist and punching in some keys then turned his computer off. Jim finallly reached his appartment, it was on top of a computer shop downtown. It had a few busted windows from robberies and the front door was gated but nothing too bad. Jim knew the owner and he let Jim live in the empty space above the shop, after a year or two it became a cozy little home for Jim. Out front were other Jailbaiters looking touch and scaring away otehr social groups, if not scaring away, then basically fighting them. Once Jim got upstairs he closed and locked his door and went over to his computer, he searched around for some information about Kellan but only got a little information about him.

"Well he does have some issues, but this plan of his makes him super crazy. Ecevn if there were no social groups, a one-man ruler is nothing good to have, especially a crazy one" Jim stated to himself drinking a soda, he worked late into the night gathering all the information he could about Kellan and storded it into his laptop and his mini-laptop. It was around 8 at night and Jim started to get tired, he wento into his bedroom and did a face-plant on his pillow and drifted to sleep.

[color=firebrick] Amarios glanced upon Syft with contempt as his eyes swept over one of the only groups that stuck together on the streets of the Stiff community. Deep, tired multitudes of starving eyes looked back at him. Amarios chucked a stone at Syft's messy black hair, earning a silent look of withdrawal as the young man put the newly found newspaper bit down.

"Old Mad-ears jus' got a 'ole chunk of grub," Amarios managed to spit out a wad of dirty saliva at the ground. He heard some sounds of murmuring excitement within [i]his[/i] group. "So y' all bettah ride him up like you di' last time. Heh." Small chants of 'hell yeah' and 'all right' flickered across the huddled group. Amarios grinned widely and stuck his dirty face into the group's youngest member.

"Isn't tha' right, worm?" Jaft cringed as Amarios leered at him with a ugly face. "Ye- yessir." An akward silence followed. [b]Thud[/b]. Jaft's small head hit the conrete ground with a sickening bounce and his fragile body flailed up into the frigid air of the dark alley. The young boy's gray eyes rolled up into his head and lay still.

"Idiots! You think th' ole' Mad-ears isa gonna fall for tha' trick again?!" A look of superiority crossed Amarios's face and he stood up as tall as he possibly could. He tried to ignore the fact that Syft was reading the newspaper bit again with a bored look. He huffed and continued. "This time, we' all gonna split up two groups. Y'all mutts-," Amarios pointed to the left half of the group, "isa goin' ta hide behind the right' wall and attack, ya see? An' y'all hide behind the left wall and attack, ya hear?" The groups' heads ducked in the fear of being singled out. Syft crumpled the newspaper bit and threw it behind him.

"Ya' think yous better, Syft?" Amarios shot at Syft with a nasty look dancing in his eyes.

"Don't you know...?" Syft found a bit of stone and scratched it against the ground. Curious eyes peered at the drawing: two parallel lines and a circle in the middle. "Don't you know how come we caught Mad-ears las' time?" Amarios spit at the ground. Syft drew two corners that surrounded Mad-ears's alleyway and other small circles representing the rest of the group. "There's a secret door," Syft drew a small square at the back of Mad-ears's alleyway. "...but there was a bounty-hunter raid there last week, the hunters were crawling all over that area..." Amarios had a mad look about his eyes. "But they're gone now."

The last thing Syft saw was the putrid ground of the cement and then the dark-lit sky at night.[/color]

[font=Franklin Gothic Medium][size=3]"That party was whack," said Jarsen. "Boring as Preens."[/size][/font]
[font=Franklin Gothic Medium][size=3]"Yeah, I mean- there wasn't even any good music!" [/size][/font]
[font=Franklin Gothic Medium][size=3]"What'd you think, Markuu?"[/size][/font]
[font=Franklin Gothic Medium][size=3]Markuu looked up from the sidewalk. She had to break the habit of looking down when she walked. It gave off a self-concious air. [/size][/font]
[font=Franklin Gothic Medium][size=3]"I don't know," she said. "It was okay."[/size][/font]
[font=Franklin Gothic Medium][size=3]Her two friends looked at her as if she were a Stiff. The three of them were walking home after a party they had just been to. It was dark and the moon shone as just a white sliver in the sky; the stars twinkled and it was a perfect night. [/size][/font]
[font=Franklin Gothic Medium][size=3]"Yeah, so... anyway..." said Sorika. "My mom was reading the paper yesterday and she said the government was going to start killing Shanties along with the Good-for-Nothings. She said we outta on a count that they're just taking more of our food, water, air, and space."[/size][/font]
[font=Franklin Gothic Medium][size=3]"Psh, what was she reading? The National Fake-o? Anyway, why would they want to? Shanties are cool. I know this one chick down by the subway, she can dress you up into anything possible. You name it, you become it. I got business from her once and she turned me into that girl on the toothpaste ad!" [/size][/font]
[font=Franklin Gothic Medium][size=3]"Eh? I always thought that was a guy..."[/size][/font]
[font=Franklin Gothic Medium][size=3]Markuu stared straight ahead. Becoming another person would be an interesting experience. Perhaps she could go take a look at that subway. [/size][/font]
[font=Franklin Gothic Medium][size=3]"We shouldn't kill the Shanties," Markuu plainly stated. "They're bad enough, killing all the Stiffs. It's not like they ever did anything to us."[/size][/font]
[font=Franklin Gothic Medium][size=3]"True, but don't you think life would be a whole lot better off without them?" Sorika asked.[/size][/font]
[font=Franklin Gothic Medium][size=3]Markuu shrugged. [i]Not really[/i].[/size][/font]
[font=Franklin Gothic Medium][size=3]"I think it'd be a whole lot better off without you," Jarsen laughed. [/size][/font]
[font=Franklin Gothic Medium][size=3]"Ha, ha..." Sorika punched him. Jarsen punched her back. [/size][/font]
[font=Franklin Gothic Medium][size=3]"Stop it, both of you. Okay, we're almost at my street. You guys wanna go off now? I'll be fine."[/size][/font]
[font=Franklin Gothic Medium][size=3]"You sure, Markuu? It's awfully late out," Sorika said with another punch to Jarsen. [/size][/font]
[font=Franklin Gothic Medium][size=3]"Yeah. See 'ya!" Markuu took off towards her house at a jog. Even down the street, she could still hear Sorika and Jarsen going at eachother. [/size][/font]
[font=Franklin Gothic Medium][size=3]She slowed to a swaggering pace when she reached The Alleyway. She had always been afraid of that space. Nothing was in there, far as she knew, but tonight she definetly heard something. [/size][/font]
[font=Franklin Gothic Medium][size=3]It sounded as if someone were breathing, pacing back and forth, almost. [/size][/font]
[font=Franklin Gothic Medium][size=3]She stopped to listen. Not a very smart choice. [/size][/font]
[font=Franklin Gothic Medium][size=3]Someone screamed a minute later, but she couldn't quite make out what they were saying. Markuu hid behind the nearest tree. A boy then came running out of The Alleyway at a breakneck pace. [/size][/font]
[font=Franklin Gothic Medium][size=3]Markuu hurried home. She didn't want to think about what was in that alleyway now. [/size][/font]

[color=green]Jedgar was lying belly down on the roof of a residential building, looking across the divide between his building and the neighboring Preen mansion. The gap was only three meters and the other building?s roof was almost ten meters lower than the one he was on. He could make it, with luck?

He waited for the security camera to pan past him, then got to his feet and ran as fast as he could towards the edge of the roof. As he reached the edge, he put all the energy he had into a great leap, which propelled him across the space between the buildings and down to the other rooftop. He hit the roof rolling and didn?t stop until he was behind an air conditioning box. Poking his head around the edge of the metal box that housed the cooling unit, he was relived to see that the camera was just beginning to pan back. It?d missed him.

This robbing business was getting easier and easier?

He unzipped his backpack and pulled out a crowbar and a long climbing rope. After using the crowbar to break the seal on one of the skylights and pushing the large glass panel off onto the roof, he tied the rope around the air conditioner. The other end of the rope was wrapped around his waist and tied with a knot he?d learned from reading a stolen Preen book. Than Jedgar carefully lowered himself down into the main hallway of the empty house.

His bare feet touched down onto the cool marble floor of the hallway, leaving dirty footprints in the thin layer of dust. Eyes peeled for movement, Jedgar cautiously walked upstairs towards the master bedroom. He?d been watching this place for a month, waiting for the right moment. Nobody was home, so he figured this was the perfect time to ?borrow? a few things?

Hours passed. Jedgar showered, ate his first full meal in months and restocked his backpack with essentials. All he needed now was to get a new set of clothes and he?d be on his way.

Halfway through a closet filled with clothes slightly too big for him, Jedgar heard the door to the house open. He dropped the shirt he was holding, emblazoned with ?VA? in scarlet lettering, and slung his backpack over his shoulder. He had to get out?[/color]

[font=Franklin Gothic Medium][size=3]Kellan creeped down the long, dark hall way, keeping all eyes open for any sign of movement; all ears in full tact for any noise. He made it safely to his destination: the General Race Information office.[/size][/font]
[font=Franklin Gothic Medium][size=3]In the office, he only had one place of business: to win over the government. To have them do whatever he pleaded. [/size][/font]
[font=Franklin Gothic Medium][size=3]The race for Presidency was coming up in 3 months. That's all the planning time Kellan had. It would be tight, but oh-so worth it in the end. He logged on to the government's website, hacked into the editor's computer, and started from there. On the editor's computer, he could add his name to the list of candidates. After this, he hacked into the voting subcategory and typed in the number 86,000 next to his name. He wrote a quick speech to put next to the picture he uploaded and closed down just in time; he heard someone coming. [/size][/font]
[font=Franklin Gothic Medium][size=3][i]That was too easy,[/i] thought Kellan. [i]Any six-year old could make their way to office if they could write. [/i][/size][/font]
[font=Franklin Gothic Medium][size=3]A shadow meandered its way along the opposite wall. Kellan ran to the nearest storage closet and hid in it. He stared intently at the doorknob, ready to leap to the back of the closet at any given moment a hand should open that door. No one did.[/size][/font]
[font=Franklin Gothic Medium][size=3]Kellan breathed again. His heart was racing. He stood up and slowly cracked the door, looking around each way twenty times. The coast was clear. He slipped out of the closet and tiptoed to the computer. [/size][/font]
[font=Franklin Gothic Medium][size=3][i]Good job, Kellan, [/i]he thought. [i]You left your laptop on the table. That would have been easy to explain to the manager of security. [/i][/size][/font]
[font=Franklin Gothic Medium][size=3]He grabbed his laptop and hurried down to the Laboratory. He needed to check out... the tool. [/size][/font]
[font=Franklin Gothic Medium][size=3]The tool was Kellan's ultimate step in overtaking the world. This is what he would upload his Powers onto in enough secret and this is what his army would be created with. [/size][/font]
[font=Franklin Gothic Medium][size=3]The tool stood 7 feet high and was a dark, metallic black colour. A whole person could be fit inside it; a whole robot could be fit inside it, too. A computer was attached to the tool and Kellan attached himself to the computer. [/size][/font]
[font=Franklin Gothic Medium][size=3]For the next few hours, Kellan sat at that computer, uploading the Powers from his disk to the hard drive, trying to figure out how to work it. After another hour or so of searching the tool, figuring out what he needed, he saw a card slot. A card. That's what he needed. But what card? Where was it? How could he get to it? [/size][/font]
[font=Franklin Gothic Medium][size=3][i]I suppose I can figure that out after I win a place in office, [/i]Kellan thought. [/size][/font]
[font=Franklin Gothic Medium][size=3]But for now, the laptop's memory was on the computer and Kellan was satisfied with his night's work. He left and went home, only to find that it had been robbed while he was gone...[/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=1][i]Van had just returned from a night on the town with a few of his Preen "friends" is reality he'd have sold them out in a moments notice if it meant gaining another foot on the ever rising political ladder. He turned the key to the door and entered his home, his father and mother were still out celebrating Van's younger sister's birthday, a trivial matter that Van had avoided quite easily. Van had no reason to ever worry about the house being burgled and he held the same feeling now... Except he though he smelled food coming from the kitchen, he toed in the door carefully and found evidence of a recently eaten meal "Dammit" he thought to himself. Carefully reaching into one of the cabinets he pulled a out a small pistol, checking to make sure it was loaded he head upstairs to check on his room...[/i][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=1][i]Entering Van found evidence that he'd been burgled, this wouldn't stand... He carefully moved through-out the house from room to room to find this individual and then hand him over to the police, there was no point in him getting arrested for killing some moronic thief. As he headed towards the drying room he heard what he believed to be breathing, he pushed back the door and was confronted by what he knew was a young Stiff. He smiled and levelled the gun at the young man before surveying him from top to bottom, He was poorly dressed and Van noticed that he was carrying a backpack on him more than likely containing some of the things he'd robbed from the house. Van spoke in a clear tone devoid of emotion.[/i][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=1][b]Van:[/b] Alright, put the bag down and come quietly or I'll be forced to use this [[i]Points at the gun[/i]][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=1][b]Jedgar:[/b] [[i]In and equally calm tone[/i]] OK let's not do anything rash. [[i]Removes bag and slides it over to Van[/i]][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=1]Van looked through the contents of the bag, a few pieces of food and some jewellery belonging to his mother were all he could recognise to be taken from the house. It was then that an emotion hit him, it was very, very unusual for Preens to feel emotion but this was definitely one if Van understood what it had been described to him as... it was Pity. Van threw the bag back at Jedgar before removing his wallet and handing him a few notes to keep him on his way.[/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=1][b]Van:[/b] Alright, now I want to leave and no come back here again. If I do then you'll be in a morgue and not a police station...[/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=1][b]Jedgar:[/b] [[i]Looks up[/i]] Why do this for me?[/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=1][b]Van:[/b] I don't know but I seem to feel sorry for you, I know Stiff's have it tough and you may be of some use to me later. I've left a comm. in there, if I choose to contact you then you can do a job for me in return for this favour. Now go before my folks get home...[/size][/font]

[color=green]Jedgar was dumbfounded. He expected to by lying on the floor in a puddle of blood, a bullet lodged between his eyes.

After all, Preens needed no reason to kill Stiffs. No questions would be asked, nor any punishment whatsoever leveled on the murderer. Stiffs were given the same legal rights as vermin in this society; everyone knew that. So why hadn?t this armed Preen simply shot him??

Finally, Jedgar?s survival instinct kicked in. Adrenaline flooded his body and kicked his stunned brain back into gear. It?d be best to leave before the Preen changed his mind.

[b]Jedgar[/b]: ?You have my thanks. If you ever need anything??

[I]Van nodded.[/I]

With that, Van and Jedgar walked casually to the kitchen door of the mansion. Van showed Jedgar out, and then disappeared back into his house without a word.

It was then that Jedgar began to run. He still wasn?t sure what had happened, or how it?d affect him. All he knew that was someone up there must like him, a lot?[/color]

[SIZE=1]Xander downed the shot of whiskey and stared at his computer screen. He was very angry and at the moment felt as if he could kill all the Stiffs in the world.

Twenty minutes ago, Kellan's name was no where on any electoral ballot. Now it was there with 86 thousand votes and a propaganda speech.

"Damn that kid, and damn this country for making such simple laws." Xander cursed under his breath.

He went to his e-mail and sent a message to the Director of the General Race Information Office.

The Message:

[I]Director,

It has come to my attention that there is a very good possibility that the GRIO's main network has been hacked. The perpetrator(s) added their name(s) to the upcoming electoral ballots. It is my desire that you search to seek the earliest named candidates and remove their names from the ballot. As well as blocking their names from being allowed to do so again. I also urge you to set up Security Bots to keep further crimes from happening.

Thank You,
Senator Xander Mulvaney, Bounty Hunter[/I]

Xander pushed the send button with satisfaction. He knew this wouldn't stop Kellan, but it would sure as hell slow him down. Now Xander needed to find anyone else that had the same ideas as he.[/SIZE]

Jim woak up around 6 in the morning in front of his computer and his working desk. He had spent the past 2 days hacking different areas to find out more information about Kellan and his plan. Jim took a sip of his warm soda and punched in more keywords on his computer.

"I cant do this on my own, maybe others know of his plans, and maybe not. I could try to find other people, but what if they wont cooperate because we're in different social groups? This is gonna be tough" Jim thought to himslef as he logged out of his computer and gey cleaned up to go out. Basically he got a shower and changed his clothes before walking out of his house, he took the bus uptown to the market area to get some supply's. Jim needed to fill up his fridge with some food, and buy some magazines on computers and hacking them, he knew the manager of the store and started to get monthly issues of these types of magazines. While he was walking down the sidewalk he noticed and empty allyway, it was also a shortcut to the bus-stop.While walking down he found some documents about how Kellan got so far ahead in the polls against the other canidates. Jim took this folder and hurried to the bus-stop, but he was cornered by a social class. Jim couldn't tell which one they were but knew they didn't have any plans on letting him go unharmed or even....dead.

"So what ya' got there runt" one of them said. Jim quickly concealed the folder behing him, but his arm was twisted by someone behind him.

"A folder with some papers in it sir" someone said to a very tall and muscular man, he must have been their leader of this gang in the area. He looked at the folder and threw it on the gorund as if it was nothing.

"You know the price for coming into our ally without someone with you dont you?" he asked as he laughed really loud.

[color=firebrick] Syft had woken only to see Amarios and the group sprawled out and softly talking to each other. [i] I guess he didn't kill me.[/i] Syft thought to himself, pretending to remain knocked out before confronting Amarios again. It was only until Amarios silently left the alley that Syft sat up and leaned against the wall silently. Kolsum grinned toothily as he peered at Syft.

"I knew you were awake, eh? Didn't say anything, though." Syft looked at Kolsum pointedly and gave a stirring smile.

"How'd it go?" Syft asked, truthfully not caring for the ordeal anyway. Kolsum chuckled. His voice rasped and his throat made a squeching noise as he laughed softly. Syft looked grim.

"You know Amarios."

"I don't." Kolsum frowned and then coughed up a wad of dirty saliva.

"Made way with his own plan, eh? Didn't make it, of course." Kolsum's voice sounded more strained as he talked excitedly about the happenings of earilier that day.

"Others are surprised he didn't kill you, aye." Kolsum couged once more and fell silent. Syft turned a bit so that his back faced most of the group. He resumed to read the newspaper bit after finding it about two feet away from him. He had been keeping track of this Kellan man from his beginning. Syft had searched and stolen every article or writing about the man, an unknown urge in his mind telling him to do so.

And it was so obvious.

Syft finished off re-reading the article and carelessly threw it away. Carefully planned speeches spoken to Preens at the time of utmost confusion and hatred. The hidden persuasion to the peoples of leading hismelf to office. His undeniable hatred for Stiffs and Jailbaits. Could not anyone tell what was going on?[/color]

[font=Franklin Gothic Medium][size=3]Markuu stepped into her house and found that no one was home. She liked it that way; gave her more space and time to think. [/size][/font]
[font=Franklin Gothic Medium][size=3]She found an article on the table and read it with interest: [/size][/font]

[center][b][u][font=Franklin Gothic Medium][size=3]The Secret World Domination[/size][/font][/u][/b][/center]

[center][font=Franklin Gothic Medium][size=3]It has come to the government's attention that a boy by the name of Kellan [no last name yet found] had gone completely insane and has written plans to take over the world. We have not yet found these plans, but we have leek through of what he intends to do. Nobody has yet been in contact with Kellan. He has entered the race for presidency and, by common law, unless we have absolute proof of his plans, there is nothing we can say to stop him. Attention: This is not a threat. It is simply leaked gossip. Do not worry.[/size][/font][/center]

[left][font=Franklin Gothic Medium][size=3]Markuu shuddered. A whole world domination, even coming from the National Enquierer was a scary thought. All the world under one rule. Markuu sighed and walked back out the door, for lack of nothing to do. Down the alleyway, she heard voices again.[/size][/font][/left]
[left][font=Franklin Gothic Medium][size=3]"So what ya' got there runt?" someone said. [/size][/font][/left]
[left][font=Franklin Gothic Medium][size=3]"A folder with some papers in it, sir," someone else said. [/size][/font][/left]
[left][font=Franklin Gothic Medium][size=3]"You know the price for coming into our ally without someone with you dont you?" the first voice asked as he laughed loudly.[/size][/font][/left]
[left][font=Franklin Gothic Medium][size=3]It sounded as if someone was going to be beaten. She stepped indside the darkened alleyway and was surrounded by what seemed to be nothingness. [/size][/font][/left]
[left][font=Franklin Gothic Medium][size=3]"Hey!" she said, suprised by her own courage. Her eyes adjusted and she could see two burly men and a scrawny boy with light brown hair. The boy's arm was twisted back by one of the men. A folder lay on the ground, papers sprawled across the muck and dirt. [/size][/font][/left]
[left][font=Franklin Gothic Medium][size=3]"What do you men think you're doing?" she asked. [/size][/font][/left]
[left][font=Franklin Gothic Medium][size=3]Someway, somehow, the men thought she meant business. But it was a good thing they didn't pry any farther or Markuu's false bravado would have been shattered instantly. They ran off towards the back of the alley. [/size][/font][/left]
[left][font=Franklin Gothic Medium][size=3]They boy let out a huge stream of air and rubbed the back of his neck. Markuu bent over to start picking up the papers. They were filthy, but she figured he'd still want them.[/size][/font][/left]
[left][font=Franklin Gothic Medium][size=3]"Thanks," the boy said. "I thought I was dead for sure."[/size][/font][/left]
[left][font=Franklin Gothic Medium][size=3]As he came closer, Markuu noticed that he was a Jailbait. She relaxed a little. She didn't want to have to deal with a Shanty. They were pretty tough when they wanted to be. [/size][/font][/left]
[left][font=Franklin Gothic Medium][size=3]"It's no problem." As Markuu picked up the papers, the name "Kellan" shot through a lot of them.[/size][/font][/left]
[left][font=Franklin Gothic Medium][size=3]"Kellan..." she muttered. It rang a bell. Oh, yes. The domination thing. [/size][/font][/left]
[left][font=Franklin Gothic Medium][size=3]"You know about him?" the boy said.[/size][/font][/left]
[left][font=Franklin Gothic Medium][size=3]"Yeah, I read about him in the newspaper a-few before I came and rescued you."[/size][/font][/left]
[left][font=Franklin Gothic Medium][size=3]"Yeah! He's in the article about world domination! I read that too. Fascinated by it infact. I- I've been doing research all night, as you can probably see," he half-heartedly tried to laugh. "I- I was actually going to try and stop him." [/size][/font][/left]
[left][font=Franklin Gothic Medium][size=3]Markuu looked up at the thought of that. Stopping this crazy mad man would give her something; a sense of shining, a sense of belonging. [/size][/font][/left]
[left][font=Franklin Gothic Medium][size=3]"I could help if you'd like," she said.[/size][/font][/left]
[left][font=Franklin Gothic Medium][size=3]"Really? That'd be great! My name's Jim, by the way. Jim Mishima. I was just on my way to the market area to get some supplies.Magazines, mainly. You wanna come along?"[/size][/font][/left]
[left][font=Franklin Gothic Medium][size=3]"Sure I do. There's nothing else better to do with myself right now."[/size][/font][/left]
[left][font=Franklin Gothic Medium][size=3]Jim shook his head and they went off to the market place. Jim was clutching his folders tightly.[/size][/font][/left]
[left][font=Franklin Gothic Medium][size=3]Markuu had butterflies in her stomach. She couldn't believe she'd actually had that type of courage... in both situations.[/size][/font][/left]

[left][font=Franklin Gothic Medium][size=3][/size][/font][/left]

[color=firebrick] Two days. No one had seen Amarios, and there was no word of where he had gone off to. Syft didn't particularly care, until a group of bounty hunters had discovered some of the Stiff's hiding places.

'Now where exactly would they have found out that from?', Syft had silently muttered to himself as his ears heard of the news. The group was in a state of excitement.

"How'd they fin' out, how, how?" One shrieked.

"Wha' if they find us?"

"We gotsta get out of here, tha's what." One boy had decided to play leader after Amarios left. Syft sat hunched in the back of the group, drawing random figures on the concrete with his calloused finger. 'Would they come there?', he thought frantically. 'Should I leave?' Kolsum was sitting next to him again.

"D'ya think?" A raspy voice seeped out.

Syft looked at the other boy.

"D'ya think Amarios would do that? Would 'e?" Kolum stared widely at Syft, expecting some sort of consolation. 'Yes,' Syft thought.

"I don't know." Syft answered and vainly tried to turn his back to the other.

"Should we leave? Should we leave now?" Kolum insisted. Syft drew some more imaginary squiggles and shrugged.

"Don't know. Don't know why- why they always comin' afta' us. Huh." Kolum sniffed and sneezed. Syft cringed.

A scream echoed, chaos ensued. The sound of gun fire against walls and flesh sounded and it was complete pandemonium. [/color]

[I]What the h***???[/I] Veil jumped awake, her ears ringing with echoes. Running out of the library, she peeked through one of the front windows of her camoflauged home. People were running, and there was screaming. Complete chaos in the underground tunnels. Luckily, there weren't all that many people around, and no horrifying stampede.

She slipped out, and it was now evident what was making all the echoes in the subway tunnels. Gunfire reverberated around the stone underground, making Veil's head ring. She glanced up and down the tunnels, which were dimly lit from the light outside. Quickly she followed the sound of gunfire, and the screaming. Running in the opposite direction of everyone else, she skirted the edges of the wide tunnels, until she was almost to one of the openings.

She could now clearly hear bullets hitting flesh, and winced, but didn't leave. [I]What the heck is happening?[/I] But Veil knew the area, and then remembered that a large colony of Stiffs usually inhabited the area. She bit her lip. [I]Those poor Stiffs, getting slaughtered by those bounty hunters.[/I] But she did nothing. After all, they were only Stiffs, and it was the bounty hunters' jobs to kill them. Still, she felt a little pang in her conscience.

Gunfire still rang, and she could hear bones snapping, more screams ringing out amongst the horrible moaning. Sunlight was streaming into the tunnel, and she thought its glare evil, and stood in the shadows. Looking down, she saw blood running down into the tunnel in a little, snaking brook. Veil held her hand to her mouth, almost heaving. But she didn't - that would alert the bounty hunters to her presence, and she knew they wouldn't hesitate killing her too, along with the Stiffs.

Suddenly, she heard a panting, along with quick shuffling sounds as someone came down into the subway tunnel. Turning quickly, her heart beating double-time, Veil found herself face to face with a Stiff. She was absolutely astonished, and his eyes were also wide. There was blood smeared on his clothes, and small cuts were on his face. His left arm dangled at his side at an odd angle. Veil stood absolutely still, shocked at his sudden appearance. She had never seen a Stiff up close before, especially not like this.

Syft also stared, and his pulse was racing along with his mind. His mind was in panic, and then he glanced down at his feet and saw some of the blood trickling down, and suddenly there was more gunfire, and he couldn't take it anymore. His eyes rolled into the back of his head, and then closed, and he started to fall. Veil found herself reflexively moving, and caught him before he cracked his head against the stone floor. He was quaking oddly, and she realized he was in a seizure.

Suddenly, her head was up, listening to the voices overhead, but she couldn't make out what they said. It was quieter now, with only moaning, and random gunfire spun out. Veil looked down at the Stiff in her arms. She stared at him, and the details of his face seemed to jump out at her. [I]This is still...a human being..[/I] As soon as the thought crossed her head, she knew that she couldn't leave him here. She picked him up, surprised at how light he was, and worry crossed her mind. The sounds of the hunters grew louder, and she could hear them getting closer to the entrance of the tunnel.

Veil hurried away, Syft in her arms, quickly disappearing into the dark that she knew so well. Away from the hunters, with a boy so light that she worried he wouldn't live. Veil kept her mind on the Stiff she was carrying, blocking out the memories of the gunfire, the screams, the color of the blood in the bright sunlight... She followed the shadows and the twisting tunnels that she had lived in for so long.

• 2 months later...
Wha... What... What happened? Robbed? How?
Kellan sifted through some of the mess the robbers, or robbers, had made. He knew there was pretty much nothing that could be done with it now, but still... Him? Robbed?

He headed towards his computer room. If his computer had been stolen...
Oh, good, he thought. I don't know what I would have done if all that information was gone; all my tracking devices.

He plopped himself down at his desk. A few interactions, eh, he said to himself. It seemed Syft and Veil had made a rather crude introduction and Markuu and Jim were now buddying up. What's the chance of them all getting together, he thought. He watched them for a while more and then, with no control what-so-ever, fell asleep right there at his desk. It had been a long day.

OOC: Sorry it's choppy. I haven't been on the site for a while and I haven't done any writing at all, really. My font buttons etc. aren't seeming to be working either. >_< Anyway, I just wanted to see if this RP could start up again. I reread the whole thing and it was going pretty well. I don't know what happened. Okay, bye.