OtakuBoards

Slayers Episode 1: The Beginning

Xander Harris

"I can't believe I'm sitting here when I could be on patrol." Kara muttered. She was positioned in the rosebushes outside of John's window. She had followed John home, watched him watch TV, eat dinner, and watch more TV. At the moment he had been sleeping peacefully for an hour. No peculiar activity whatsoever. "I'm going home," she said to no one in particular, and started to walk.

She was halfway home, walking in the middle of the road, when she saw someone walking her way. They met under a streetlight "We've been looking for you," he said.

"Who are you?" she asked, sticking her hand into her coat pocket and gripping a stake in her hand.

"You stupid slayers need to be taught a lesson!" The vampire lunged at her. She ducked, and it landed flat on its face. She kicked it over and put her hand on its throat and the stake to its heart.

"I'll ask you again: Who are you, and why the h@!! are you in Otaku Lake?"

The vamp just laughed. "Our sire Briaxton will see that you suffer! You will all die!" he yelled.

[I]Our sire?[/I] Soon two more vamps jumped out of the dark. She staked the talker as the other two jumped at her. She kicked the first one in the stomach, sending it flying into the dark. She grabbed the other by the hair and knocked its head into the streetlight pole. The first ran at her without looking. She easily staked it. [I]One left[/I] she thought as she turned..."Where'd it go?" she glared into the dark and saw it slinking off into the forest. [I]Oh no you don't![/I] she started to run after it. Suddenly she stopped. [I]If I follow it back to it's lair...I can figure out where they're hiding![/I]

She followed the vampire silently for about ten minutes. There were at the caves outside town. She was about to follow him closer when she saw nearly 12 vampires standing at the entrance the cave. [I]I can take 'em! I can stake them all! I've gotta get to Briaxton...I can finish this tonight![/I] She took a deep breathe. [I]I'm gonna get myself killed if I go in there alone. I'm part of a team now. I can get backup and do this later.[/I] She glanced at the cave again, wanting badly to destroy the vamps. She finally tore herself away and went home.

The next morning her aunt asked where she had been for most of the night. Kara glared at her. "Out," Kara said flatly, grabbing a piece of burnt toast and trudging out the door to school.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Helie, on the other hand, had not returned home. As she was living alone, she had no need to worry about her parents, or any other guardians. Instead, she was still hidden outside of town, watching the vampire coven. Twelve vampires.

[I]It's pretty handy to follow slayers[/I], she thought to herself. After the slayer called Kara had left, Helie had slowly creeped closer, until she could see the caves in closer detail. These vampires, although in the wilderness and living in a cave, still lived with the usual rich style. [I]These American vampires are all so odd[/I], she thought, noting their pewter goblets. She suppressed a smile - they could fit into a horror flic perfectly.

And...she recognized their smell. They had been the ones in the gym...and on the bodies. [I]So...they think they can just come into my territory? Well...I suppose for now, as I am greatly outnumbered. But...soon I'll have to evict them.[/I] For a vampire who tried to suppress her instincts, Helie still wasn't very welcoming to others of her kind. She liked to watch the humans by herself.

When she saw the sky lightening, she silently crept away. Back again, for another school day, another day to walk unnoticed by humans.

Note: Cyriel, when you were watching the vampires you saw John arrive and talk with them.

Act 3:

Another school day begins, and the daywalking vampire makes another killing. This time he takes his victim's toes. Time is running out for the White Hats, as John almost has everything he needs for his master's spell...

[COLOR=DarkRed]Fenris and the others met up after school. He felt better. Now he didn't feel like he would morph into a monster and eat people. He thought back to the old man and a wave of nausea overcame him. He had to resist doing that. The authorities would find the man and he would have no other place to go. Where would he hide?

He was brought back to the matter at hand. "I think we should skip school and go to the cave in the day. We can be each other's back up. We should go tommorow and not speak of this until then, lest John catch wind of this."
Fenris had his opinion out in the open and waited to see what the others thought.

He sat there, thinking. He thought about the old man again. He'd heard of similar incidents involving werewolves, but they were more...generic. They only became werewolves during the three nights of a full moon, but he became a werewolf when the Fenris wolf's blood overpowered him.

The other werewolves were smaller and weaker, whereas, he was huge. That was the mythical creature part of him. He would never have a relationship. The odds that he would randomly turn into a wolf were too great. They would have to have a tranq gun handy always. Just in case, though, he had some chains at home and a solution of antidepressants and sleeping pills.

When he would graduate, he'd probbly move out west and become an old hermit. There was no way that a were wolf such as he could have a normal life. Ah, what a fun life it is to be a werewolf. He smirked at the thought of him being normal. If he had a family, they wouldn't need a dog. He would be a dog sometimes. "Come on dad, let's play fetch!"

Heh. Funny. But not within reach. He also had to think of where to go tonight. He could not stay at home. He would probably have to crash at school. Concrete walls, thick, wooden doors, all of the windows were small. Except for the fact that any sheded fur would leave DNA. And werewolf hunters already probably heard of this. An old man attacked in the middle of the woods, a couple deer chunks. At least no one saw him.[/COLOR]

"Well we can't just sit around hear thinking I mean sure we'll get our hands dirty, our clothes torn, and get cuts & bruses all over our body...Ok eww, but we have to ya know like take action and stuff."

As the group sat around a table looking at Raven like she was crazy she slowly got up from her seat.

"Uh I have to go to the ladies room."

While Raven was in a stall in the bathroom she heard the the door burst open.
A girl had ran into the bathroom and callapsed onto the floor.

Girl: John no Please!

"John" Raven thought, As Raven remembered the name she quickly burst out of the stall to see John holding a dagger and standing over a terrified girl . John looked over to see Raven as she knocked him in the face with a roundhouse kick. As soon as he hit the ground he jumped back up and put on his game face.

"Your the daywalking vampire."

John: And your a slayer.

John tried to cut Raven again and agian but she dodged it every time, he hit her in the face with the bottom of the handle.

John: You think you can stop me.

"See that's the weird thing about slayers we don't think we can we know.

Raven kicked John in his manhood and went over to help the girl.

"Are you o..."

Girl: Behind you!

As Raven turned around John's foot hit her face and she was on the ground, as Raven struggled to get up she turned to John.

John: Know you made me hungry.

John plunged his fangs into the girls neck.

And then the door swung wide open.
"Stop!" barked a cold, cool voice.
John lifted his face from Raven's neck to see the mysterious man from the bar.
With a nice, shiny sword.
"Un'and the Slayer," the man said cooly, in his sharp Brittish accent.
"And if I don't?" growled John, wrapping his hand around Raven's neck.
"Then you won't be leavin' the loo, blood-sucker!" the man snarled, rushing forward. With inhuman speed, almost Slayer speed, he was upon the Vampire, and jabbed the tip of his black through John's wrist.
The Vampire howled in agony, releasing his grip on Raven. The Slayer coughed, but quickly regained her composure.
"Now get out, 'fore I change me mind about lettin' you go, eh?" said the man, pulling the sword out of John's wrist.
And lopping it off in the process.
John snarled in rage and pain, but ran around the Slayer and the mystery hero out into the hall. The trio in the bathroom heard screams and shouts as the bleeding Vampire rushed out.
Right on cue, the Neo-Scoobies rushed into the bathroom.
"What happened!?"
"Was that John!?"
"Who's that!?"
"Are you alright!?"

OOC: Felt it was time to make my appearance. Hope nobody minds.

OOC: No, I don't mind at all. It's not like there are many people posting here lately... Tell you what, why don't we forget the whole guest character thing and make you a regular.

Back in the cave where the Braxton clan had taken up residence, John comes running in.

"Well, do you have it?" The sire asks.

John walks slowly toward him, and stares him in the face. "Yes."

The day-walker whips out a wooden stake, and drives it through his master's heart. The other vamps gasp in shock and jump to their feet. John, in full "vampire face", turns to face them, the stake spinning in his hand.

He walks over to Braxton' desk and snatches up his sire's prized book.

"This is what he was hiding from us. I have read it, and I know what it says! I AM THE HEIR OF VNIETO!!! And his sheild lies right here in Otaku Lake!"

The other vampires sit back down.

"That's better. From now on, I'm in charge here. And in a few short months, I will be in charge of all our kind. Bow before me and worship, then prepare the spell components. They will be used to locate The Sheild."

That's it for Episode 1.

Roll credits.

I'll find out how many people still want to be in this, then post the next episode in a few days to a week from now. Tell me if you are still interested, if not, tell me that as well.