OtakuBoards

New Order's "Blue Monday"... and just New Order themselves.

kyonen

They kick Orgy's *** SO bad... ^^ Yes, New Order is just THAT good. I haven't heard anything else by 'em, but that is a darn good song!

I'll talk later, I'm pretty tired now, and must get up at 10.

UPDATE: I just heard Crystal from the 2001 album. Good stuff, all good stuffiez! ^_^!!

You're thinking of Orgy. They covered Blue Monday and pretty much stripped it of any of its original meaning and feelings thanks to their sound and attiude. Blue Monday was originally by New Order and so covers really have no bearing on this thread.

Also, Alien Ant Farm has had other hits. I'd say just as big as Smooth Criminal. I suppose that depends on where you live and how much one of their particular songs might have been overplayed, though.

[QUOTE=Semjaza Azazel]You're thinking of Orgy. They covered Blue Monday and pretty much stripped it of any of its original meaning and feelings thanks to their sound and attiude. Blue Monday was originally by New Order and so covers really have no bearing on this thread.

Also, Alien Ant Farm has had other hits. I'd say just as big as Smooth Criminal. I suppose that depends on where you live and how much one of their particular songs might have been overplayed, though.[/QUOTE]

By the way the topic was presented, it seemed to me that this... "New Order" also did a remake of Bllue Monday.... perhaps I read it wrong?

My boyfriend likes AAF, i don't lol. I mean, no one heard of them till they did Smooth Criminal... and if you get popular off of a remake, you can't possibly be that good in my opinion.

Well, I knew them, but perhaps I am a special case? I don't know lol.

Anyway, yeah New Order originally did Blue Monday. They're a pretty good post-rock 80s/90s band. Worth checking out beyond Blue Monday. They have a greatest hits CD about that I recommend getting. The European version has better tracks, though.

[QUOTE=Semjaza Azazel]Well, I knew them, but perhaps I am a special case? I don't know lol.

Anyway, yeah New Order originally did Blue Monday. They're a pretty good post-rock 80s/90s band. Worth checking out beyond Blue Monday. They have a greatest hits CD about that I recommend getting. The European version has better tracks, though.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I would say you're a special case for music. You know alot of groups no one has any idea about... kinda like how I know all those Japanese bands... you're like that, just with like... american and European bands.... yeah... thats it.

Anyway, wow, I didn't know who New Order was.... but I've heard the original Blue Monday before... wasn't to thrilled with it... or the Orgy version either.

Oh you'd be happy, i actually bought an American CD a few weeks ago... can you believe that? I felt so ashamed lol. No no it was good.

[quote name='Semjaza Azazel']They're from Britain, so maybe you'd actually want to give them a chance heh.[/quote]

I'm more interested in the dance and club music that comes from Britain, not so much the rock music or pop music seeing how most of it is much like American music. However I tend to enjoy the music from Britain, regardless of its genre, more so than American music. So I may see what else New Order has to offer. But I doubt i'll go buy a CD.

Well, New Order is mostly known for their fusion of post-punk and dance floor sounds. There's quite a bit of electronic work in their songs, although I'd guess most of it is keyboard based. They were, afterall, a primarily 80s band by most standards. It's probably worth a shot, as you never know heh.

And with that, I think I've made too many posts in this thread already lol.

[QUOTE=Semjaza Azazel]Well, I knew them, but perhaps I am a special case? I don't know lol.

Anyway, yeah New Order originally did Blue Monday. They're a pretty good post-rock 80s/90s band. Worth checking out beyond Blue Monday. They have a greatest hits CD about that I recommend getting. The European version has better tracks, though.[/QUOTE]

OOOPS! That's wat I meant to say. >_< sorry I misrepresented the topic. Has anyone heard "Crystal"? It's one of their newer ones (2001) , and it's pretty good!

SadClown, you're perfectly right about Orgy. Their best single is Fiction, and song is Eva.

[color=darkblue]Please don't double-post. Use the "Edit" button to add on to your replies, instead. I put the text of your second post into this one.
--Manic[/color]

New Order is an awsome band.Back during the summer I got one of their newer albums "International".It came out about two years ago.It has some really awsome songs on it.I really like "Bizarre Love Triangle"(its the extended dance mix) and "The Perfect Kiss".
And yes Kyonen I have heard "Crystal". It's a good song but not one of my absolute favorites.
This is the only album of New Order's that I've heard but over all I am impresed with it and when I get enough cash and leave my computer desk I plan on going out and by some more of thier CDs.As well as a few other bands.

[quote name='kyonen']SadClown, you're perfectly right about Orgy. Their best single is Fiction, and song is Eva.[/quote]

Stitches is still a fan fav of mine too. But the Fiction video is awsome. I love guys in makeup. America should have more bands like them...