OtakuBoards

What's your favorite anime quote?

ElrickOtaku

[size=1][color=navy]My favorite quote is the unsaid quote that leaves much room for speculation and debate. It's from the [i]End of Evangelion[/i], right before [spoiler]Ritsuko is shot by Gendo. It is her final word, but what really leaves us to think is what Gendo said shortly before she is shot.[/spoiler]

Gendo:
"Ritsuko Akagi, I truly... (Gendo's lips move, but you can't hear him.)

Ritsuko (surprised, but then smiles):
... Liar...

[spoiler](Gendo shoots Ritsuko, who falls back into the pool of LCL before a ghostly Rei.)[/spoiler]

That is my favorite quote out of all the animes I saw thus far.[/size][/color]

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the puns from Nadesico too, but I like some of the non-Izumi ones - like those of Tskuomo Shiratori:

"She did'nt tune in for toons."

and

"Jovians can be known to be jovial sometimes."

The whole conversation was pretty interesting really, but then it was a great series (and later film).

Guest VCrow
My favorite quote would have to be something from Inuyasha-

Miroku: It's irrational, It's impossible, It's against my religion...

Poor ol' Miroku is afraid of the big demon they hear coming towards them o :p

[color=darkviolet]I'm strange, I have a large collection of favorite quotes from anime, manga and cartoons that I watch. for your enjoyment and convieniance I've separated them into shows, quotes that aren't separated go together

[b][u]Pokemon[/u][/b] (yes, you read correctly)

My name is meowth,
I'm covered in fur
That's why I get hairballs
Did you call us sir?-Meowth

Pikachu, help charizard-Ash
*pikachu zaps Charizard*

It must be nice to dream when you're wide awake-Misty

Yeah, but if the twerps so brainless and he beats us every time then just how brainless are we?-Meowth

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

[b][u]Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon/ Sailor Moon[/u][/b]

[i]It's sad to say that love must be won[/i]-Kino Makoto

[i]Don't mind her, she has an involuntary verbal condition[/i]-Lita about Mina

[i]What are you , an idiot? SailorMoon will never let that happen[/i]-SuperSailorChibiMoon

[i]PallaPalla doesn't like you so you have to die[/i]-PallaPalla

[i]Hurry up and turn into a roast pig[/i]-DD girl #1
[i]How rude[/i]-SailorMercury
[i]Then how about a baked potato?[/i]-DD girl #2

[i]Your hips ar too big, you should go on a diet[/i]-Sailor Tin Nyanko
[i]You should do something about your big tits[/i]-Sailor Lead Crow

[i]I'd do more than sell my soul to the devil Haruka; I'll burn in hell for eternity as long as your in heaven[/b]-SuperSailor Neptune

And what can you do Miss Annoyance?-Sailor Tin Nyanko

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

[b][u]Tenchi Muyo[/u][/b]

[i]Where were you when they handed out the brains?[/i]-Washuu

[i]You'll be a water sprite so you can reflect on your behaivior[/i]-Washuu

[i]Please don't move, because if you move I'll shoot and if I shoot it'll really hurt you[/i]-Mihoshi

[i]I'm sorry, but no matter what the provocation, I don't allow killing in the house[/i]- Tenchi's Grandpa

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

[b][u]Gundam WIng[/u][/b]

Not a demon, Shinigami-Duo

]I almost forgot how far from normal you are-Duo to Hiiro

[i]Killing your own men-I never dreamed the enemy could be this dispicable[/i]-Wufei

]I can understand wanting to take your own life. But maybe, just maybe you could think of a better way of commiting suicide-Duo

You're so pathetic! it's obvious you only want to take the easy way out-Sophia Noventa

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

[b][u]Slayers[/u][/b]

I thought I was saving a luscious damsel in distress-not some flat chested little kid
l-Gourry

I'm o.k. with the 'bandit killer', but why did you call me the dragon spooker?[-Lina Inverse
It means that dragons retreat out of pure revoltion-Old man

How emberassing, I can't believe I got naked infront of all those people!-Fillia

[b][u]RayEarth[/u][/b]

I thought my ears were going to be blasted right off my head-Umi

I guess justive goes ahead of pastries-Umi

I'll be pissed if it's something stupid again-Ferio

If something evolved after you do something reckless then all teh kamikaze drivers out there would become magic knights!-Umi

No matter what happens, I will take Cephiro-Eagle Vision

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

And finally a solitary quote from Urusei Yatsura the movie. I don't know who said it:

Let's see over worked, stressed, and you're ugly. Basically you're mentally and physically worn out

That's all I have for now-hope you enjoyed it[/color]

Guest misty^_^
[COLOR=DarkOrchid][FONT=Comic Sans MS]I like the one where Quatre said..."War brings sorrow... but we have to fight to keep our loved ones from that sorrow" I don't know if this is correct or if I made a mistake, but its sooooo sweet!!! :love: but i still like Duo :D [/FONT] [/COLOR]

My favourite anime quote, mmm, well it would ahve to be from Gundam Endless Waltz, when Marimea says "The 3 drumbeats of change Peace, War, and revolution", it is something like that, but it really does comment on what a world is like, things do seem to dance to these tunes, and we never seem to be able to stop these 3 drumbeats, and that is why I like it, because we can relate it to the real world, and if we just realise this, we can change the world, like Releena Peacecraft

GEEZ!! Who thought up this thread!? I have sooo many quotes that I love and... well... quote all the time... I mean this kind of thread is just asking for mile long posts from every person!
Normally I'd start quoting all the way..but I simply can't do that... this post... So someone post after me and the next time I check this thread, I will end up typing posts for about an hour 1/2 to two hours... (which is why I can't do it now...I'm at school)

[quote name='misty^_^][COLOR=DarkOrchid][FONT=Comic Sans MS]I like the one where Quatre said..."War brings sorrow... but we have to fight to keep our loved ones from that sorrow" I don't know if this is correct or if I made a mistake, but its sooooo sweet!!! :love: but i still like Duo :D[/FONT'] [/COLOR][/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Quatre's pacifistic nature has influenced the way i think about war. He's so amazing... and yet so sad.

Another good Quatre quote is: "I wasn't fighting so my deeds would be recognized by the people. One day they'll come to see the truth; I truly believe that's gonna happen."

And you know, he's right. The men and women of our armed forces in Iraq aren't fighting because they want recognition for what they've done, they're fighting because they truly believe in the new truth that they're creating in the world, and in the hearts of the people they are sworn to protect.

i just found this quote that i really love...

"However. I do know of a guy who whines, cries, and throws tantrums and he somehow manages to find a way to save everyone. He's a crazy man who's not afraid of anything. Even though he's been scarred from head to toe, he'll always be there." ~ Wolfwood

Or even better...

"I'm sorry... darling..." ~ Wolfwood

And finally, a quote to make you smile.

"Bad times are here, la la la la la la la..." ~ Some random kid.[/FONT]

Guest SSJ Brolly
My favorite is in DBZ Movie 12 when Goku and Vegeta fused into Gogeta and said
"I am not Goku nor Vegeta, I am the instrument of your defeat" Then beat the crap out of Jenemba

Here are some Qoutes from Episode 26

"Whan an idiot!" -Asuka

"ITS TIME TO GET UP YOU DORK!!!" - Asuka

"Hey, this is more entertaining than class. Go on, I wanna see how this turns out." -Miss Misato

"HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Hey shinji, I did'nt know that you were gerring it on with Asuka! HAHAHA!!!!" - Toji

The funniest:
"Geez you're a pain in the ***** some times. Is this what happens when you start your period?" -From Shinji to Asuka

I think that this was the last episode. For those the watch the series, this episode starts WEIRD but gets funny and cool at the end.

Guest NekoOtaku
first quote is Hiei from YuYuHakusho-
"You're a team player, a save the day super hero...... I hate people like you."
2nd Kurama(say to Yusuke)
"All this time we thought you were a brilliant strategist, but really you're just a lucky fool."
Kuwabara
"Why does everything you say makes me wanna bash your face in!"
Yusuke
"I've got enough spirit energy to deep-fry a smart *** bird."
"Get out here Hiei, I'm gonna kick your ***!"
"Hey I just got back from Grandma's evil boot camp, don't you think I need a vacation."
"Ugly people shouldn't be aloud to smile so much!"
Kinshin quote
"Oro?
I like them b/c there funny duh! :haha: :rotflmao:

i have no fave quote but this is a funny sence from InuYasha that reminds me of what my worst fear is:

Kagome: I'm so glad...it was all a dream.

InuYasha&Kaede: A dream!

Kagome: I couldn't solve...any problems on my math test...man, that was scary.

InuYasha: ...that's all...

Kagome: Oh, and English too.

InuYasha: (thinking) She's still the same Kagome...

I hate to have the lowest score in class. I'm very competitive. I fight w/ some of my classmates for grades. :D

i would have to say that my favorite quote is my signature because of the way it makes me think.......it brings into my mind the possibility that destruction is just another form of creation and that mabye this world is not doomed to spiral into damnation because of our plain idiocy in controlling it...... to tie in fate with such a loose term as destruction is boggling but gives me something to smile about

thanks for listening

"Asuka's not feeling wel today. It's her period." - Misato, Evangelion

Jounouchi: Looks like a briefcase to me...
Kaiba: It's in the briefcase you moron!

And um, this ain't from an anime but it's my favorite quote ever.

'I told you not to touch that!'
'I didn't touch it... *holds out a stick* This stick did.'

Good ol' Baby Blues. XD

Okay a little quote... ummm Oh I know! Its when Yusuke gets his spirit beast.

"What is that ridiculous apendex growing from your head?" - Hiei

"I DON'T wanna talk about it!" - Yusuke

~~~~
During the Chapter Black SAGA

"I confess there was even a time when I wanted to see it.." - Kurama

Yusuke gives him a funny look

"Was! was!" - Kurama

"Jeez, he's making me paranoid" - Yusuke thinking
~~~~
Again during chapter black...

"Im sure, Koenma knows the exact identity of our foe..." - Kurama

"He WHAT?!" - Yusuke *goes over to the communicator*

"I've arranged a formal meeting to-...." - Kurama *looks over at Yusuke*

"Earth to toddler jerk! You better speak now before I forever put that pacifier 10 inches down your throut!" - Yusuke

" Not.. quite what I had planned..." - Kurama thinking

[QUOTE=shikamaru]hello every body,

do this matchs to the subject....

" hey you dont know what true magic is ....

"true magic is like looking to the music with your eyes"

NOTE:

i need somebody to help me plz!

[email][email protected][/email] :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

If you're going to post quotes, the least you can do is tell us which anime they're from and which character(s) originally said them. Otherwise, this information is virtually useless. An analysis of the quote (or an explanation of why you like it) would be even better. I suggest that you read our rules before writing another reply, but I'd also be quite happy to help you out--provided that you let me know what you need assistance with.

~Dagger~

[COLOR=DarkOrange]Here are a few random quotes that popped into my head:

[B]Fushigi Yugi:[/B]
"We invited numerous beauties to come be your royal consorts. Why do you ignore them?" Hotohori responds "Because they are not as beautiful as me...that was a joke."

[B]Saiyuki:[/B]
Goku asked "But Sanzo, if I bite off my tongue then how will I taste my food?"
Gojyo said to Sanzo "That was nice of you. You're acting like you're a priest or something." "Shut up!"

[/COLOR]

[color=darkviolet]

[b]SailorMoon[/b]

A shrine without pretty girls is like miso soup without the miso-Hino Rei's Grandpa. This was in the R season, Black moon Arc when Rei showed him an article in a magazine warining women to stay away from Hikawa shrine because of him.

Ah, there are pumpkins everywhere! Not another pumpkin!-Tiger's Eye SailorMoonSs He said this whenever the senshi would show up. It was just really funny since he's jump when he said it.

[b]Rei[/b]Are you sure you didn't makesome snide remark that made her run off?
[b]Usagi[/b]Klutz. Ditz.Crybabay! She was the one with the snide remark! And to you Rei ! *sticks out her tongue*
[b]Rei[/b]*Sticks out her tongue and they go back and forth*-This was from The sailroMoonS movie which was also in the mnaga, they were wondering why Luna had run off when Rei began interrogating Usagi

There's no other path that let's me live my life Therefore I walk this path-Kuisuke from SailorMOonS he was one of the guys that had his pure heart crystal stolen then put back.

My network even makes the DNA blush (After teklling the other girls she head of a three lights concert in Stars)
Don't regret the fish eggs from before (studying for entrance exams in BSSMS)
Life is short love while you can ( I think it's from Stars)- misquotes from Aino Minako, and that's why they're funny

I know this is your all important first battle, but it looks like a loss for you-Sailor Uranus to Eudial

[b]Trigun[/b]

Shooting myself is more fun than this-some guy in a bar from the first episode. Hesaid this as he was running from a bar

[b]Fushigi Yugi[/b]

Are you going to fight, or are you going to stand there like a bunch of geishas-Akin from the mountain bandits. That's the guy that stiole Tasuki's tessen

You and your GPA should have a meeting of the minds-One of Miaka's friends

[b]InuYasha (manga I guess) [/b]

Why toy with second raters like mistress centipede? Destroy her with a single blast Kikyo. After all, you did it to me.-InuYasha (duh) upon awakening and seeing Kagome about to be attacked by the centipede.

So be a good little girl and hand it over, unless you'd rather feel the caress of my claws-IY after being released and destroying mistress centipede. If it's not obvious, he wants the Shikon no tama

Tis ever thus, I am ringed by fools-Kaede it's from when the villagers begin to act strange

Why are you crouching down there? Don't tell me your feeble courage has failed you again-IY to kag when she bends down to get the arrows while going for Yura of the hair

Oh goody, I didn't know what I'd do if this couldn't hurt you-Yura of the Hair to InuYasha after sticking her sword through him

How very rude, grabbing the bossom of a woman you've only just met-This one is funny because she has this big hole in the middle of her chest and she's scolding him.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

We can do cartoons too right?

Mother the dog just told me to shut up-Stuie from Family guy. I guess teh dog was trying to quit smoking

I love you cold undfeeling robot arm-Zim from Invader Zim

Next time drive around teh pretty shiney things-Titan AE I don't know who said it

[b]Rugrats[/b]

You know, not [i]all[/i] dogs go to heaven-Angelica to spike First rug rats movie

Phil-Our mommy read us a book once where a wolf ate a girl
Chuckie-A wolf ate a girl?
Phil-They got her out

[b]Daria[/b]

Brittany, do you have some kind of painful phobia in which it hurts you to think?-Mr. DeMartino

Hey, if you're not going to leave a flaming pile of dog **** on my doorstep atleast come in-Tom (when he was Daria's boyfriend)

Jocks on frocks, sounds likea Fashion Club meeting to me-Daria when her and Jane were trying to bet on if the Fashion Club would fall apart or stay together (fat like me)

That's all I have for now[/color]

Guest NoName
i have way to many fave qoutes:

Dude with all those crows: Bridie num nums bridie num nums.
(ok that was from knights of the zodic ok i dont if that was really in there but thats what i think he said but that is pretty funny even if i did hear that worng i creaked up laughing when i heared that)

Vash: who wants some.
Milly: oh i do i do. (just so you know its beer and something like that)
Maryl: hey dont let her have to much of that stuff now.
(Camra goes outside of window)
Maryl: hey dont do that here. hey put your cloths close back on
Milly: WEEEEEE (he he)

Weird voice dude: Trunks and Cell get it on in the next Ep of DBZ! (sorry had't put it in)

Mirko: You have to be more gentle with her like this...
Kegme: AHH dont touch me!
Inu: I tolled you not to touch her!

Guest DanteDemonSlayr
Well, I cant nthink of many quotes...The only one i can remember is from Dragonball Z.I probly wont get it exactly, but its somthing like:

"I am the voice of all living creatures who cry out for peace. Ally to good! Nightmare to you!"

I just thought it was a cool quote. Goku said it to Frieza after turning super saiyan.

[color=darkviolet]I was babysitting my cousins a few years back and tehy were watching DBZ with the big pink thing. I guess that was Majin Buu. Anyway, there was this really funny exchange that went like this and it's one of the few DBZ quotes I liked:

[b]Vegetta[/b] You're ugly

[b]Majin Buu[/b] Bobbity, what does this oogly mean?

[b]Bobbity[/b] It means that your face can frighten small children

I can't really think of any more anime quotes I liked so maybe I'll have to go to cartoons next. Ah well.[/color]

Trigun has some very interesting quotes. One funny quote I like is when Vash is walking into the desert after theMr. Cliff;s mansion is destroyed, he has a whine-- AWWW, MAN....and they'll probably blame this on me too!". The other, more serious, is Vash's soliloquy about Paradise "a place where we can live peaceful days, with no wars and no stealing, a place where people can live as people".

Ah, my favourite anime sayings all seem to belong to Duo Maxwell of Gundam Wing:

"Great, how did I end up as the bad guy here?"

"Damn, I'm gonna have nightmares over this one"

"Don't make me seriously mad, if you want to live long."

"Stop making me repeat myself, it's bad for my health."

Yes, I must admit that I am amused by just about anything that comes out of Duo Maxwell's mouth. [SIZE=1](Except Heero Yuy.) (Alright, that was tasteless, and I apologise. Sort of.)[/SIZE]

Guest Legato898
:devil: My favorite quote would have to from trigun in episode 12 Diablo when legato says "But to think I could kill every man, woman, and child here in the blink of an eye if I wanted to. The power of death is intoxicating." I like this quote becasue I love Legato and this quote shows just how crazy he really is and becasue my personality is sort of like Legatos! Thanks everyone [/COLOR]