OtakuBoards

What's your favorite anime quote?

ElrickOtaku

Three of my favourite quotes are "Is that all you've got" Gohan just after Cell show's his "real power", Duo in Endless Waltz "Like my shuttle manouvering" and "If you're joking that's cruel, but if you're being sarcastic that's even worse."

Oh i forgot, in DBZ movie 7 when Goku asks bout how many androids were made and 13 says about the computer and Goku says "Now his computer is trying to kill me".

[color=hotpink][size=1]Please do not double post. Just go back and edit your original. Thank you. *QA*[/color][/size]

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah yes, quotes, quotes...I have a lot. Um...

"It's like toveno escave. Saying it's Gundam when basiclly it's just giant robot anime, right?" (I have no idea if I spelled that right, but that's from Nota's dad in FLCL)

"Legato. Now I am the one hunting you. *sigh* Ah, that's no good! It sounds cool in my head but in reality it's not!" (Vash, Trigun)

"What is that ridiculous appendix growing out of your head?" (I have no idea if Hiei said appendix or not, sounded like it; Yu Yu Hakusho)

"Wow. And I thought Satruous and Menardi had issues." (That's from a videogame, Golden Sun: The Lost Age, said by Sheba)

"Automatic toliet flushing! How luxurious!" (Mu we he, that's from me. Whoops, sorry, not an anime quote...)

"Oh yeah - I think that man is - Vash - the - Stampede!" (Meryl while typing away furiously at her typewrite, while in the background, you can hear Vash saying Love and Peace over and over again; Trigun)

"Repeat carfully after me!"
"O-okay..."
"This world is made of-"
"This world is.."
"This world is made of!"
"This world is made of..."
"Made of...LOVE AND PEACE!!!"
(Vash and the sheriff in Trigun episode 4, Love and Peace)

jet: "so he's like a child with super human combat skills, and really, there's nothing as pure and cruel as a child."

i like this one cuz i feel it has meaning, and that its just true. i have 2 younger siblings, and almost 2 dozen young cousins, and i know what kids are like.

"I will rip you apart and eat you myself!" This was a very memorable Yu Yu Hakusho line.

"My dad wrote a book on the deep secrets of Eva" Ifd I had been Naota from FLCL then, Id thinjk that was cool.

"Jeez what a b*t(h" Funny line from FLCL manga.

"There are tears of sadness and tears of joy, but they are far from the same" Jing, from ing of Bandits Jing.

"In the name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished into eternal damnation. Amen." Hellsing moto

"Jeez I think I hate this guy alredy" and later "Its official, I hate him" From Saint Saiya.

"You will cry, all alone, but it does not meen a thing to me." From .hack//SIGN song Aura.

"Ooooh... Bump mapping! Now that's a good use of technolgy!" - Shugo from .hack//LEGEND OF THE TWILIGHT

(I know I'll mess up big time on this one. ^^) "A sword is a wepon. The art of swordsmanship is learing how to kill. What Ms. Kaoru says is sweet and inocent talk wich only a person who's never been stained by the blood of mean can believe. But, I prefer Ms. Kaoru's sweet and inocent talk over the truth, indeed I do." - Kenshin from Rurouni Kenshin Wandering Samurai

"Well it was worth the pain." - Miroku from Inuyasha

That's all I can think of right now. I may post more later.

one of my favourite quotes is in my sig. it is Hiei at the Dark Tournament - " i'm sure your minty fresh breathe was well worth it." he was talking to kuwabara when he and Yusuke arrived to watch the elder toguro fight. Kuwabara was amazed that by taking 5 mins. to brush his teeth they missed the fight. And thus hiei the quote above. :sweat: sorry about the sorta long explanation :sweat:

Another sequence I like is from an episode of Gundam Wing:

Une: "And what shall we do now Mr Trieze?"

Trieze: "Let's just continue what we're doing now."

Une: "You mean conquer the Earth Sphere?"

Trieze: "Yes, that should be plenty."

It's not memorable for comedy, but it IS a classic evil villian exchange.

[color=violet]A classical comic quote from InuYasha is- $#[i][/i]!t, This smells like blood and ink! Don't ask me why, it's just that his face is priceless!
A sincere quote that I like is from Princess Mononoke where Prince Ashitaru says-I wish to see the world with eyes unclouded by hate. This is after he gets that strange disease and stuff.
A good quote from a one-shot character is from Silvia Noventa (Gundam Wing) You're such a coward, It's obvious you just want to take the easy way out! This is said to Hiiro.
But the strangest anime quote is from Happosai from Ranma 1/2.
A brassier! A brassier! Is one of his lines from the 2nd movie.[/color]
[color=purple]edit-Okay, so technically this isn't from an anime, but X-Men Evolution was really cool so here's one from Night Crawler:
Bumpity bumpity bumpity bumpity [size=2]SPLAT![/size] Too high and too fast. I forgot where it was from and who he was talking too, but my friend said it after she fell from her horse today and I liked it![/color]

• 2 weeks later...
Quotes...My fave quote is from Gundam wing the manga sooo what it's still anime Oh this is a few from two of the coolest characters
Meilan-Wufei was I strong enough? Was I strong enough be called your wife?

Wufei-Open your eyes...You still have not accepted me as your husband! Noooo!

Wufei-I fight for Justice Nataku would want me to do that.....

And One more I guess...

This is from Real Bout Highschool the Anime

Shizumaa Kusunagi- Why don't you just kick the Bucket?

Shizumaa Kusunagi- Give Up and Breast enhancement 2 words that aint in my vocabulary

Oh One more Ahhh too many.....

Armitage- If humans did'nt want me why did they create me?

Guest AussiePhoenix
[I]"And so ends another episode of 'Wasting Time With Jet"[/I] -Faye Valentine ([I]Cowboy Bebop: The Movie[/I] )

[I]You can die anytime. It takes true courage to live.[/I] -Kenshin

most of my others have been said. I liked the first one because it's not very often in that movie that Faye has the chance to get the better of Jet, and she takes advantage of the opportunity when it arises!
The second one I like because it basically sums up my views on life and suicide.

Okies this is a long un from Gundam Wing Endless Waltz. Sorry if I screw some of it up, I'm piecing it together from the manga.

Wufei:"It's here."
Heero:"Hm?"
Wufei:"I will not allow you to go to Earth!"
Heero:"Wufei."
Wufie:"I don't accept Relena Peacecraft's ways. Her belief that taking away weapons and confining soldiers is wrong! Humanity did not change, Earth did not change one bit!"
Heero:"So that's why you're allowing Mariemaia's autocracy?!"
Wufei:"That is where the souls of those who fight gather!"
Heero: (in manga)"Stop it, Wufei! This is useless!"
Wufei:"Isn't it true that you feel fufiled as I do, whenever we're engaged in a fight. You and I are the same! We are only able to acknowledge our existance in the battlefield!"
Heero:"The war we fought is over! Trieze is dead, you've already defeated him!"
Wufei:"No! You're wrong! I still contonue to fight him even now!"
Heero: (part manga part movie)"Mariemaia's autocracy will repeat our history of miserable battles! Unless we stop this process now, more soldiers like ourselves will become nessecary. If that continues, history will continue to repeat itself. Tell me, how many more people must we kill? ....How many more times must I kill that girl and her dog? Zero will not tell me anything. Tell me Wufei."

Well that's my quote and in the movie it rocks beyond imagining and there are the most cool-ness battle scenes during this quote. I know I'm missing some stuff, for example Heero says 'Belive in the world we live in today.' sometime during that time but I don't know where it goes. Oh well.

AHH anime quotes gotta love them.....
the Cliche uke quote

"Ia Da! Dame! Yamete! Hanase!"

Gravitation:
Mika to Yuki: YOu were so cute what happened .....HOW DARE YOU KICK YOUR SISTER OUT THE DOOR!!
Shuichi: NOO Yuki is still cute
Mika: You dont sound very convincing with snot coming out of your nose.

Yami No Matsuei

Muraki: Tsuzuki-san.. red roses symbolize passion. Tonite i hope you will blossom into beautiful flowers beneath me...
Tsuzuki:.......who's underneath -___-;;;

after Muraki just "won" tsuzuki in a card game....
Hisoka: i cant just let you take one of my card dealers for free
Tsuzuki: THANK GOD HISOKA SAVE ME
Hisoka: one night 5000 yen
Muraki: DONE!
Tsuzuki: NOO hisokaaaa....i beggg....youuuuuu..save mee

that made me laugh for a very long time..

Hana YOri Dango
Doumyouji" If apologies work then what do we need police for"

Doumyouji:"Besides im a guy with alot of size"
Everyone: "SENSE!!!!"

[color=violet] In response to Elrick I think the best ones from the TEnchi Movie 2 are:

[b]funny[/b]
Did we scare you, did we hurt you? I'm so Sorry!-a Teddy Bear

[b]poignent[/b]Azuha is Azuha and Miyuka is Miyuka-Miyuka

[b]Just plain out there[/b]
I'm sorry, but no matter what the provocation, I don't allow killing in the house-Tenchi's grandfather

[b]just plain amusing[/b]
Maybe I'm Miyuka's mommy-Sasami

Ooh, another Sailor Jupiter Quote, this one's from Sailor MoonS:
I won't forgive you today, I'll pound your Spirits!

Stil the best one is ChibiChibi in Sailor Stars with:
Erotic aren't you?[/color]

• 3 weeks later...
Myotismon: "Darkness, the perfect cloak for my evil. Ideal conditions for producing fear. Human blood tastes better with a dash of fear in it."

Mercuremon: "If only thy tongue were thy weapon. Then, surely, thou couldst never be defeated!"

Etemon: "And don't forget to tip your waitress!"

MetalEtemon: "I used to be Etemon, kid, but that was a long time ago. Now... I'm [I]Metal[/I]Etemon!"

Zhuqiaomon: "Capitulate, fools!"
WarGrowlmon: "Ha! We don't know the meaning of the word!"

Woodmon: "I am Woodmon! I cannot be defeated!"
Flamedramon: "Fire rocket!"
Woodmon: "Aah! I'm being defeated!"

(One of the many great things about Digimon: no show is more quotable.)

Inuyasha: "Shut up and let me protect you!"

Inuyasha: "Don't you dare faint on me, you stupid girl!"

Kagome: "Myoga! If you're here, that must mean there's not any [I]real[/I] danger.

[COLOR=Gray][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New]My favourite anime quotes? Hoo-wee, I have tons of quotes I *love*, as I am a quote-ish kind of individual.

Some of my favourites...

Kaoru: "Don't randomly state things that defy logic!!"

Misao: "Wow...Southern Europeans are smaller than I thought..." This was so priceless. I dispare to think what the dubbers might have done to it. *sigh*

And, though it's not a qutoe, and more of a conversation...

Kankurou: You're an interesting guy! I like you.^^

Naruto: ... You're not an interesting guy. I don't like you.

That truly was the greatest. *maniacal laughter*[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

• 2 weeks later...
Ok, I know everybody has a quote on their site and a signature with all kinds of cool quotes, but that actually gave me the idea for this topic. I have a favorite quote from Outlaw Star. In the second or third episode Gene is asking Hilda about what kind of people outlaws are because he can't decide if he wants to trust her or not. She says, "Well, it's just like it is with the stars. There are bright ones and there are those that are dim." in this nonchalant kind of way & I totally love it!

What are your favorite quotes and why? What about the character or anime they come from speaks to you? I can't wait to hear your responses! :excited:

[COLOR=Navy]I merged your thread with our most recent anime quotes topic. If future posters follow your example and write well-thought-out replies, then I won't have any qualms about keeping this open. ^_^

~Dagger~[/COLOR]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]So many... I have a file dedicated to quotes from anime that I love.

A few of the best:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Gundam Wing:

"Stop making me repeat myself! It’s bad for my health!" ~ Duo
"People who are kind people are shedding tears, yet no one understands them." ~ Quatre
"I'm Duo Maxwell. I may run and hide, but I'll never tell a lie. That's me in a nutshell." ~ Who else?
"I believe in peace that surpasses war. I believe in the soul that wishes for peace." ~ Quatre
"If you're joking that's cruel, but if you're being sarcastic that's even worse!" ~ Duo
"When nothing makes sense, I'll fight believing only in myself." ~ Heero
"I determine my own justice." ~ Chang Wufei
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Trigun:

"You're the easily deceived type who cries himself to sleep every night, aren't you?" ~ Meryl
"We're nothing like God. Not only are our powers limited, sometimes we are forced to become the devil himself." ~ Wolfwood
"And if you keep your vision clear, you will see the future. What happens in our future is our own responsiblity." ~ Rem Saverem
"A choice between two things. The forked road every person brought into the world must eventually face. A crossroad. Whichever path they choose, they lose something. Whichever path they choose, they are unable to find happiness. But are there really only two paths to a forked road? No. There are infinite paths we should take. There is more than one path we should take. There is more than one path into the future." ~ Vash
"I want to believe in the hearts that feel sin." ~ Vash
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Weiss Kreuz:

"Never forgive the bad ones." ~ Tsukiyono Omi
"Any enemy of a woman is an enemy of mine." ~ Kudou Yohji
"The future is not something to see, but something to create!" ~ Fujimiya Aya
"This is a world in which sanity and madness are merely separated by a paper-thin border." ~ Brad Crawford
"Your death is going to be slow so you can feel the weight of your sins." ~ Fujimiya Aya
"Most people sell their soul for money. I did." ~ Kudou Yohji
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Cowboy Bebop:

"Man was not meant to live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise." ~ Spike
"And so ends another episode of [i]Wasting Time With Jet[/i]." ~ Faye
"Circles and eyeballs, circles are pretty, are tasty wonderful, just like black grapies." ~ Ed
Women don't work on reason. ~ Jet
"Germ girl! Faye-Faye stay away-way!" ~ Ed
"I started wailing the blues when the doctor whacked my bottom on the day I was born." ~ Jet
(spoiler for the movie)[spoiler]"So tell me, is this world the reality, and the butterflies just a dream? Or are the butterflies real, and Titan just a nightmare I can't wake from?" ~ Vincent[/spoiler]
"I only needed 500 more points before I could reach Spokey Dokey!" ~ Lee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*sweatdrop* a little carried away there... sorry[/FONT]

[color=indigo]My current favorite quote is from Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi and is the one Arumi says often:

[i]"Being human, having your health, that's the most important thing"[/i]

I like this quote mostly for it's simplicity. There is no better way to look at life. Just being human is important enough for everything else to be fine, and to keep experiencing life as it is. Lastly, it shows how naive one person can be, regardless of everything that is happening around. Arumi thinks that being human is the only most important thing there is, not thinking about how life will turn out or what will happen next. That kind of way of dealing with everyday life is very interesting to me.[/color]

At this very moment my favorite anime quote is by Izumi from Nadesico.
She is with the other 2 female pilots camping out.

"I ran out of filters so I ran the tea though a copy of Shakespeare, now I have the Tempest in the Teapot, that's trouble brewing."

What I love about this quote is that Izumi makes all these little jokes that if you aren't paying attention to her you will miss. Her jokes are sometimes punny, but they generally are really smart. I think that sometimes they go over the heads of some of the other characters and I like jokes like that. Izumi will be herself, say the jokes she gets and thinks are funny, and I like that about her. I wish I could be more like that. Be happy for who you are and who cares what anyone else thinks as long as you are happy. :D

Make your own fun! :laugh:

I know you all know this one undefined "life is but a dream" this is sead by [spoiler]Julia from Cowboy Bebop to Spike right after she gets shot in the back. you dont hear it until the next sesson when Spike is remembering her death.[/spoiler]
I like this Q because it is so deep. and the scene that its sead in is very good.
I may be a big dope, but its still a good Q.
Hope I dident ruin the last episode for anybody.

[COLOR=Navy]I added spoiler tags so that you wouldn't. ^_~ To create them yourself, type [*spoiler]text[/spoiler], but without the asterisk.

~Dagger~[/COLOR]