OtakuBoards

When I grow up I want to be.....

Panda

Guest Midnight Rush
well, hmm. These days I am convinced that my future is in big business, but as far as dream job, I'd say I'd love to be a highly paid official in the American embassy in Japan. Near the Gion district. Where the geisha are. Where I'll spend all of my money. James might be a recoving addict, but my addiction is still in full strength.

Before you are like: Hey he's off topic this is about what you wnated to be when you were a little kid!

I have always wanted to be an official in either the puclib or private sector.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest wrestlemaniac40
Let's see.... I've always wanted to be a lawyer or attorney. But last year I started to want to become a pro wrestler. And I still do.

[b][size=1]
When i was a little kid, I had so many ambitions. Key word being: had. Now, life pretty much sucks and I have no motivation. I'm a big ma.. I mean procrastinator.(hehe)

Anyway, I wanted to be an archaeologist, artist, author, chef or the white Big Bad Beetle Borg.(Oh God, they were so lame) All at the same time. Oh, yeah. I also wanted to become a genie. Or find a genie. Either was fine with me.

Now I either want to pursue a career in the culinary arts or be a physical therapist for premature children.(personal reasons for both)[/b][/size]

[COLOR=blue][SIZE=1]

Someday i'll be famous. Thats all I want. I am quite set on being an actress, I absolutely love acting. I've been told that in every play i've been in i've "stolen the show." Thats a pretty good start if I do say so myself.

If I can't make it into movies, I have another passion. I love the Bass Guitar. I've no idea how to play it, but i've wanted one since I can remember. My dad says if I get good grades in Jr. High before Christmas comes around, my relatives will try and get me one.

So if I can't be an actress, you'll be sure to see me in some rock 'n roll band. :) [/COLOR] [/SIZE]

Well, when I was younger, I wanted to be a vet.. and a doctor... and a whole bunch of different things.. I even wanted to be a professional ice skater(even though I'd never been skating be for)... I now realise my true calling is to be 4 or 5 things throughout my adult life. Which I [I]will[/I] accomplish.
Right after hs, I am going to college and getting a masters in English and Ancient World (or Japanese) history. Then I will become a teacher in grade school. After, or to work my way through college, I will write... Nothing big, most likely childrens stories or young adult fiction (Robert Asprin, my idol!!)
I will also become a va, just once...That's all it takes to make me happy... Hell I don't mind if I do a voice over for a damn tv commercial, just as long as I do it once...I also want to be a linguist and help translate for some company.

I'll make this quick 'cause I don't love talking about myself as much as everybody else does...okay in order: 1)Astronaunt, 2) Cartoonist, 3) Professional Guitarist, 4) Website Designer

I love music and art, and I plan on going into marketing (advertisting) and maybe doing web site design. As far as music I'm too much of a bum to pick up my guitar and practice so I've give up all hope.

Ever since I was born I wanted to play football. I wanted to be the greatest footballer of all time. Right now I still carry with me this dream. This dream that I will fulfill. Every day I was outside with my father just kicking a ball around. Rain, Snow, the sky falling. No matter what I wanted to play. Around 1st grade I wasn't too serious about it. I just kicked a ball around. When I was 9 or 10 I was getting into the full game. I was tackling, heading and taking at least 30 shots/free kicks a day. My father was a great player but never made it professinally(sp?) He's been my coach and still is since...well since I can remember. I also played alot of street football. This helped my ball control. I also play futsal once in a while. Around 13 I was able the bend a ball like a banana. I could cross the ball right onto a players head. I would be able the take shots from 30 meters and score. Now, I'm playing with the Turkey Under-21 squad and we're doing great despite our elimination. I WILL fulfill my dream. I WILL become greater than Ferenc Puskas, Eusebio and Pelé...

oooo, lets see. either a band director, or a marine biologist (something in marine science...) Thats becuase being a fisherman..woman..person doesn't really qualify as a job unless you fish for other people...^^; i love fish. that why i'm going to study them.

i also love band, and my tuba. thus the band director part.

[color=darkviolet]Well, unlike StarShine, I'm something of a Narcist (did I spell that right?)

Well, when I was like five I wanted to run off and join the circus. I had it all planned I was going to be a lion trainer. Unfortunately I was afraid of clowns at the time so that plan fell through. Besides, the circus never came at the right time. :bawl:

The I wanted to be an actress. Hey, I'm a narcissistic ham right? But nobody ever gave me a chance exept as an angel in the Christmas play in elementary school.

After the actress thing bombed I decided that with all the therapists I was seeing, I'd become one. I mean the best teacher is experiance right? Of course, when I found out how long school is for a doctorite I decided against that. :lecture:

I guess now I've decided to be a bus driver and a mommy-so yeah, that works out for me...until I decide to want to be a vamipric race car driver like one of my RPG characters. :rotflmao: [/color]

[QUOTE=IceWolfEyes]When I was about 9, I wanted to be Robin Hood. The female version. I watched the movie Prince of Thieves about 100 times, and learned the wonderful art of archery. Then I decided that I couldn't be Robin Hood, I just don't look good in green spandex.

Then I wanted to be an assassin. With knives and daggers and a whole manner of deadly items hidden in my neat assassin outfit.

I grew up slightly and had to become a veterinarian. I love animals, and they are the entire reason I still exist. Unfortunately, I watched that Emergency Vets show, and lost the urge to help animals get better. Those people were waving the broken leg of a dog around! Sick.

Now, I just aspire to become a Load Master for the Air Force. Sounds like an easy job, do some math and travel around the world. Yay.

In all honesty, I would rather become a world famous artist. I want strangers to look at my paintings and burst into tears. I want my sketch pads to become collectors items, sold on E-Bay for thousands of dollars. Most of all, I want to make enough money to support my mom and dad. I have this feeling that they are going to need all the help they can get as time passes.

Icewolfeyes[/QUOTE] Well I do agree with the whole sickness of the waving of the broken dog leg... That's sick, wrong and disrespectful to the animal. How rude, they're there to [I]help[/I] and [I]save[/I] the animals, not play with whatever's wrong with them. Although I never wanted to be an assassin, the way you talk about it makes it sound fun, except for the years of brutal training and hardening of your heart and all... But the weaponry thing sounds great. Traveling the world is great... I love it!
[QUOTE=ChibiHorsewoman][color=darkviolet]Well, unlike StarShine, I'm something of a Narcist (did I spell that right?)

Well, when I was like five I wanted to run off and join the circus. I had it all planned I was going to be a lion trainer. Unfortunately I was afraid of clowns at the time so that plan fell through. Besides, the circus never came at the right time. :bawl:

The I wanted to be an actress. Hey, I'm a narcissistic ham right? But nobody ever gave me a chance exept as an angel in the Christmas play in elementary school.

After the actress thing bombed I decided that with all the therapists I was seeing, I'd become one. I mean the best teacher is experiance right? Of course, when I found out how long school is for a doctorite I decided against that. :lecture:

I guess now I've decided to be a bus driver and a mommy-so yeah, that works out for me...until I decide to want to be a vamipric race car driver like one of my RPG characters. :rotflmao: [/color][/QUOTE] First of all, you [I]are[/I] a narssasistic ham ( I can't spell!!) I do love the way you animate your commentary. Makes it sound so...Fun... Lol... You're funny!
[QUOTE=StarShine]I'll make this quick 'cause I don't love talking about myself as much as everybody else does...okay in order: 1)Astronaunt, 2) Cartoonist, 3) Professional Guitarist, 4) Website Designer

I love music and art, and I plan on going into marketing (advertisting) and maybe doing web site design. As far as music I'm too much of a bum to pick up my guitar and practice so I've give up all hope.[/QUOTE] It's a shame you're a bum...I don't think you'd be a bum...[I]if[/I] you really loved music and your guitar. The world needs more musicians. Music is universal and brings joy(well most music) to everyone who hears it. Music is great and wonderful... Spread it for everyone to hear!!

Believe me, I'd love to have my music known all over the world...but I just don't see that happening. I've been playing for five years and I've written many songs, but when it comes to my style, it's a male-dominated world. I don't want to have to use some sort of sex-appeal to get people to listen to my music, or any other sort of mass-marketing scheme. I wouldn't make it as a musician, I have too much pride and I don't like taking off my clothes in public.

[quote name='StarShine']Believe me, I'd love to have my music known all over the world...but I just don't see that happening. I've been playing for five years and I've written many songs, but when it comes to my style, it's a male-dominated world. I don't want to have to use some sort of sex-appeal to get people to listen to my music, or any other sort of mass-marketing scheme. I wouldn't make it as a musician, I have too much pride and I don't like taking off my clothes in public.[/quote]
But that is exactly [I]why[/I] you [I]must[/I] try your hardest to let [I]your[/I] music be heard by everyone you can! You have integrety, something Britney Spears has not. Be who you are and don't let some [I]man[/I] trying to tell you that you can or cannot wear clothes that make you comfortable, that you can't play because you're a woman. Tell them who's boss. Stand up for yourself and your beliefs, if you turn away now, you won't know if you have the strength and heart to do it next time... and the time after that... and the time after that. Do it now, for yourself. I am persuing a minor writing career and I'm only 16 (almost 17 *this April!!*). Take heart in the fact that you have at least one female supporter (probably more if you'd just think about it) and try your best.

Wow. You're great for the ego. You will go far.

Thanks for the enlightenment...I think I might go practice today. Eh, I just wish I had the same support from my family. Good luck on your writing career, I think you'd end up writing some great self-help books. lol

[quote name='StarShine']Believe me, I'd love to have my music known all over the world...but I just don't see that happening. I've been playing for five years and I've written many songs, but when it comes to my style, it's a male-dominated world. I don't want to have to use some sort of sex-appeal to get people to listen to my music, or any other sort of mass-marketing scheme. I wouldn't make it as a musician, I have too much pride and I don't like taking off my clothes in public.[/quote]

Personally, I've never believed somebody should use sex appeal to win in any industry. You might be interested in self publishing. You hook up a decent website with a free mp3 of a song or two you've done, then you get a bunch of pretty good quality CD-Rs and copy your music on the CD, and sell them. You can even buy programs that'll let you add a label on top of blank CDs so that it looks more profressional.

And on a different note, I wanted to be a scientist when I was a little kid(mostly so I would know what to mix together to make stuff blow up). Now, on the other hand, I plan on having my own tattoo shop. So when you see hellpainters tattoo and damnation next to the pizza place in about 6 years, remember you knew the hellpainter when he was a 12 year old punk that hated the world.

[QUOTE=yalborap]Personally, I've never believed somebody should use sex appeal to win in any industry. You might be interested in self publishing. You hook up a decent website with a free mp3 of a song or two you've done, then you get a bunch of pretty good quality CD-Rs and copy your music on the CD, and sell them. You can even buy programs that'll let you add a label on top of blank CDs so that it looks more profressional.

And on a different note, I wanted to be a scientist when I was a little kid(mostly so I would know what to mix together to make stuff blow up). Now, on the other hand, I plan on having my own tattoo shop. So when you see hellpainters tattoo and damnation next to the pizza place in about 6 years, remember you knew the hellpainter when he was a 12 year old punk that hated the world.[/QUOTE]

Well, what if you're in the sex appeal business? I mean, what if you're a stripper or something? Then what do you do? How do you not use sex appeal? Sorry to be a pest, but it's what I do ^^;
[QUOTE=StarShine]Wow. You're great for the ego. You will go far.

Thanks for the enlightenment...I think I might go practice today. Eh, I just wish I had the same support from my family. Good luck on your writing career, I think you'd end up writing some great self-help books. lol[/QUOTE] I try to do my best in making people see the best in themselves...I'm not so sure about the self-help books things, I mean I mostly use a lot of common sense and all.. But I guess if people are feeling bad or something, they don't really think about how to solve or fix what's wrong, they just focus on what [I]is[/I] wrong. Oh well.. I just wanted to help in any way I can...It's kind a hard for me to just sit by and watch people feel bad, if there's something I can do to help. Ya know?

[color=firebrick] When I was little, my career goals went from: archeaologist, artist, lawyer, surgeon, nurse, artist, surgeon, writer, artist, and video game designer.

Well now I know I want nothing to do with medicine or law, and if I do become any sort of video game designer I'd kill myself before making my first one. [I hate math and complicated computer things]

I still have a small stirring in my that wants to make a comic series, but if that happens it'll probably be something I do when I have free time. The only thing I can think of myself doing is becoming a novelist, which I have no problem with. ^_^. I know for certain, though, that my career later on will most definately lie somewhere in literature or the liberal arts.[/color]

[QUOTE=maladjusted][color=firebrick] When I was little, my career goals went from: archeaologist, artist, lawyer, surgeon, nurse, artist, surgeon, writer, artist, and video game designer.

Well now I know I want nothing to do with medicine or law, and if I do become any sort of video game designer I'd kill myself before making my first one. [I hate math and complicated computer things]

I still have a small stirring in my that wants to make a comic series, but if that happens it'll probably be something I do when I have free time. The only thing I can think of myself doing is becoming a novelist, which I have no problem with. ^_^. I know for certain, though, that my career later on will most definately lie somewhere in literature or the liberal arts.[/color][/QUOTE]
YAY!! POWER TO THE WRITERS OF THE WORLD!! POWER TO THE NOVELISTS!! *thinks of Shigrure making a joke with Ayame* "Ah, spoken like a true poet" Ayame
"Novelist! Novelist!" Shigure (holdind two of his books)

[font=Verdana][color=deepskyblue]When I was in kindergarten, I wanted to be a cartoonist. I thought that my drawings for Sonic the Hedgehog were the greatest! Sad to say.... they sucked. Horribly. Yet, what do you expect from a 5 year old? (At least my drawings are better now!) ^^;;;[/color][/font]
[font=Verdana][color=deepskyblue][/color][/font]
[font=Verdana][color=deepskyblue]When I was in 1st, or 2nd grade I wanted to be the Pink Power Ranger! ^^;;;; I even dressed up as her for Halloween! ^^;;;;[/color][/font]
[font=Verdana][color=deepskyblue]After that, I wanted to be (& still do) a Broadway/singing/acting star! ^__^ I love singing, dancing, & being in musicals! Plus, I've been told I'm really good! ^^[/color][/font]
[font=Verdana][color=deepskyblue]For a while, I wanted to be a teacher... but then I realised how much crap they have to put up with... & everything they have to do.... so I ditched that idea.[/color][/font]
[font=Verdana][color=deepskyblue]If a singing/acting/musical career doesn't work put, I wanna be either a web site designer, or open my own 50's style Soda Shop! ^^ Both would be so cool![/color][/font]

I wanted to be a vet when I was in like grade 1. At one point I wnated to be a chef. But then as I got older, I decided I wnated ot be a cartoonist or an artist.

Well now I want to be either a comic book artist (MANGA-KA GOSH DARNIT!!! XD) or a writer. I've been wanting to be a 'manga-ka' (how can I though, I'm Canadian... Manga-ka are Japanese T_T) for the past years, but I've been leaning towards writing lately...

[color=navy]When I was little I wanted to be a vet (I was an animal freak). I loved animals and thought being able to be around them would be awesome! Now, of course as time went by I changed my mind (Once I watched a few things on disecting and stuff... I sorta stopped looking into the future) . I wanted to be a vet until the 4th grade, then, I didn't know what I wanted to be and Frankly didn't care. 5th grade, I wanted to be in the army because I watched Zoids Chaotic century and thought the military looked really cool. Then, last year (6th grade) I wanted to be an animator. I'm gifted in drawing, but I never got into it like I would have hoped, I was way too piccy with how I drew; I swear, It would take me an hour to make a tree look exactly how I wanted it to look... I just didn't have enough patience with myself.

Well, I think i'v finally found something i'm good at and I would want to do. Acting. I'm only in the 7th grade, but i'm really getting into it. In May (or April) i'm being tested to see if I'm gifted in drama, I know my sister and parents think i'm really good at it. I can do good voice impressions (gollum *pokes Dragon warrior*) and acting is just a lot of fun to do because you get to be someone else and step into a whole different personality. The only thing is... I can't sing worth diddly squat, i'll just have to stay away from musicals >.> [/color]

• 2 weeks later...
Guest PaintballJunkie
I wanted to be a golfer since 2nd grade, but then in 6th grade I moved on. I decided I Liked paintballin so I moved on from golf and now I want to be a paintballer or paintball gun designer, doesnt really matter what I do just as long as I can be around paintball guns.

[size=1][color=red] When I was little, I wanted to be a scientist.

Now what do I want to be? I could care less. As long as it's something that pays the bills, that's about it.

I don't even know why they call it growing up. . .it's more like growing down. You don't grow, you just adapt. . .adapt in a way that's a compromise.

To me, my future's full of more of what school's become. Mundanity. Monotony. I'm not optimistic about my future at all.

What I would be if I could be something would be something that deals with writing. But I don't think that's gonna happen, other than me being an editor, a teacher, or something else. I could never see myself as a teacher, honestly. I don't get joy from teaching people things which I only know to myself. And anyway, teachers are underpaid. When I have a job, I don't even care what it's about, as long as it's bearable and as long as I get money. Lots of money so it's enough that I can retire early and let the world do its thing, while I sit and grow older.

Sounds good to me.

If I could, I'd never get a job. But, the reality of the situation's quite obvious: isn't gonna happen. I've got to get a job to support myself.

I think I'll be a bum. I can write poetry and sing it, and get peoples' money for it. Coins gittering in my pockets. Maybe I'll become famous because I write such awesome poetry. I could become the national poet bum. It'd rock my socks.

It's funny. . .it costs money to live. Living's a "god-given" right, as well as something that should be allowed.

Another thing--health care isn't free in this country? I think that's sad. Canada's better than us in that way.

And even when you die, it costs money. Funerals cost millions of dollars. Instead of having a funeral, I'll just burn my money. . .sounds good to me.

"Money
Get back
I'm all right jack keep your hands off my stack

Money
It's a hit
Don't give me that do-goody-good ********.

. . .Money
It's a crime
Share it fairly, but don't take a slice of my pie

Money
So they say
Is the root of all evil today
But if you ask for a rise
It's no surprise that they're
Giving none away."

In the end, what I'll be when it comes to my time is a slave. A slave to the status quo. . .to upholding my country that I could really, deep down, care less about. I'll be a slave to the machine we have here. . .and become just as cold and bitter as it is on me.

And on the side, I'll be who I really am. A human being that has the ability to love many things, and to write them down, and to actually feel alive.[/size][/color]