OtakuBoards

-Glitters Ain't Gold-

Dragon Warrior

[center]
[img]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=17837&stc=1[/img]

[size=1][I]Otay. Time for this RPG to get started! Hoohah! Anyways, the people who got in are the following:

KKC- Barret Bonden- Book Binder
Noelle- Natasha Katz- Cartographer
Boba Fett- Jedgar Nieta- Cook
Lynx- Vanard Ambrose- Guards Pigs
Lrb- John Kidd- Cobbler
Baron Samedi- Ruden Thorne- Gardener

I?ll start this puppy by me being on my fine ship. Your job for first post is to just simply introduce your character, really. In other words, have them come up to the ship and line up on the docks. After that, my character will appear and look you all over, then we?re off. ^_^[/I][/size][/center]

Captain boarded his ship on the fine summer day. He just reloaded it with vittles and supplies with the little money he had left over after his ?dilemma? with the previous crew. He panned over the ship, looking at it tentatively. He wasn?t sure if it were up to a challenge such as this voyage, but nevertheless, he?d try anyways. If it makes it through the journey, he?d simply put it?s tired bones to rest and buy himself a new ship, starting his own fleet of dangerous pirates-once he gets a real pirate crew first, of course.

He leapt over a couple of ropes tying barrels down to the side rails and skipped steps up the stairs to the top deck where the helm perched. He looked around with a mischievous expression, as if he?d planned to steal his own ship. Looking across the waters to the land, he noted some rather unusual people walking along the wooden planks of the waft. He squinted and shook his head as if the image was stuck to his brain and he wanted it out. [I]Unusual that what seems to be a cobbler and a gardener are doing on the docks of a pirate area,[/I] he pondered to himself. Maybe they were pirates. He didn?t know. He just hoped they weren?t his crew.

He stepped down and approached the side railing again. Strangely enough, the gardener and the cobbler did not stop and continued on their merry way to his ship?s docking area. [I]What the bloody hell are they doing?[/I] he asked himself like he could answer. [I]I didn?t order any shoes to be brought aboard, nor do I have any hedges that need trimming.[/I] Consternation swept over his face like the breeze that flew his tassels. [I]I hope that gardener is not the hair stylist I ordered.[/I] The two men kept coming, as did many other unusual people, with the exception of some that were not so odd. For example, a cook was approaching. But then again, no pirate cook wore something like--like--like [I]THAT[/I]! He put his head in his hands and watched as six unusual locals commenced towards his vessel.

?Bloody ?ell,? he mumbled, as he finally figured this was his notorious crew he had asked for his daring voyage.

[center]----[/center]

[indent]Okay. Quick note before you post. Everyone is coming to his ship at the same time as I described above. And remember, you?re going to stand in a line on the dock and then I?ll post that the captain will come down and say the ?howdy dos,? otay? Also, obviously the captain hasn?t thought of the idea that a crappy crew means it?s easier to ditch you guys so keep that in mind ;) He wanted a rough and tough pirate crew originally.[/indent]

[color=darkblue]Barret, or Bonden as he prefered slowly dragged his feet as he came closer to the ddock where the large pirate vessle rested in the water. He was actually quite excited that he might be part of the crew, but didn't want anyone else to see that, being pirates weren't a very good bunch to be seen with for some odd reason. Bonden glanced around, wanting to see if the other people were "Piratey" or not. He recognized some of the people from the town; the pig guardsmin was there, and so was the cobbler who lived a few stores away from where Bonden Binded Books (Kinky).

Finally reaching the docks, Bonden stopped on the edge of the dock and looked forward. He had read many books about pirates and one of the crew customs was to "Check them out". Bonden ruffled his red striped britches and tryed to make some sort of scornfulish face, but he felt silly, so cept his normal book binder expression. [/color]

>.< that sucked (isn't creative today)

[size=1][color=darkred]Ruben ambled down the docksides. Over his back he had a pack slung, which was full of clothes, and a few packets of seeds.

Seeds..... how would that mast look covered in ivy? Hhhrrmm. Pretty.

Trying to look as clean as possible, he wiped his grimy hands down his pants, and ran his hands though his hair. Which just stood up more than before. So much for that.

Third in line from the front, Ruben dropped the pack off his muscular shoulders. He hoped he wasn't wasting his time. I mean, he should really be planting Mr. Thomson's new oak. Aah well.

What could be cooler than being a pirate? He even had brought a fake eye-patch he had made. Slipping it on quickly, he looked around.

He [i]felt[/i] like a real pirate with the patch. A silly grin spread over his features.[/size][/color]

[i][font=Verdana][size=1]Mister Ambrose was looking particularly happy today, "no more guarding filthy swine to make a pitence" he sang merrily to himself. If all went well today the sea foam would spray chest and the sun would tan his back, he shivered in excitement at the prospect. He had a glance at those who had already arrived, "Lubbers" he thought, "probably never seen the dorsal side of a ship". It amazed him that people who had no experience at sea would volunteer for a mission like this, he supposed that they just wanted a taste of adventure before returning to their miserable lives on shore.[/size][/font][/i]

[i][font=Verdana][size=1]He could fight off each of these swabs with half a sword, and his good arm tied behind his back. But that was the very reason he'd ended up on Blackheathy, his previous commander had been blind to all signs of mutiny, right up until that musket ball took his wig off. Van had been the only one brave or maybe stupid enough to defend his captain and for all his luck he'd been stranded on this back-water pirate infested sewer for the last 10 years. "10 years" he muttered "Guarding pigs, and ugly woman that looked worse than pigs", he prayed that he'd not have another mutiny any time soon.[/size][/font][/i]

[i][font=Verdana][size=1]Tha captain was already at the other end of the crew , Van being the last had decided to keep a low profile from the others. They didn't know he was a seaman and that suited him just fine, the captain was closing in on him and Van took a deep breath to calm his nerves. The captain posed a question to Van and he did his best to answer.[/size][/font][/i]

[font=Verdana][size=1][b]Captain:[/b] Mister Ambrose is it ?[/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=1][b]Van:[/b] To be sure sir, ship's... whatever it is ye fancy me to be.[/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=1][b]Captain:[/b] Mr. Ambrose, do you have the courage and fortitude to follow orders in the face of danger and certain death ?[/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=1][b]Van:[/b] Err... sure, why not.[/size][/font]

[i][font=Verdana][size=1]The captain moved on and seemed to be satistfied...[/size][/font][/i]

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][I][FONT=Trebuchet MS]Natasha sighed deeply and walked towards the ship, carrying a bag of tools, instruments, blank scrolls and ink so she could map out the exploration. She looked around and noticed that she was the only girl on the whole ship. Not sure if there ever were a female pirate but would be the first if there wasn't. Standing next to a tall man, looking over at up at him. Seeing him wearing an eyepatch that looked homemade, and he was smiling all strange like. Taking one step away from him, keeping her distance so none of the men would look down her shirt. She looked around for the captian of the ship, wiating patiently.[/i]

----------------------------------

OOC- I got a picture for my char. And LMAO at Lynx. I love that line from POTC!![/FONT][/COLOR]

[color=green]Jedgar walked slowly onto the wharf, leading a donkey that was loaded down with cooking supplies. He?d packed spices, salted meats, canned vegetables and various breads for the voyage. Hopefully, that?d be enough. In his own pack he carried dozens of carving knives, pots, pans and his trusty cutting board.

He was dressed in a crimson red cloak, which hid his stained apron and work pants underneath. His shoes were also covered in funny smelling mud that he?d accidentially stepped in. It?d been in the funniest shaped little pile on the side of the road, and he?d absent mindedly stepped in it during his hurry to the dock this morning.

In any event, he was almost at the tie-up spot, he wasn?t sure what those nautical types called it, for the ship he was supposed to cook on.

He scraped his shoe on the edge of the dock for a good measure, than walked over to a small crowd of people waiting on the dock.[/color]