OtakuBoards

Beautiful Music

PrincessGoneral

Lots of songs are crappy. We all know that.

Occasionally, one will find a song that they feel is truly beatiful.

What is...Not necessarily your favourite song, but......What is the song you find the most beautiful? (Wish I had a thesaurus ^^)

Even though, like an overripe fruit, A.F.I has gone all sweet and icky over the years, I think that [I]The Leaving Song[/I] by A Fire Inside is a truly gorgeous song.

I've heard plenty of beautiful songs in my lifetime, though it's hard to think of one that really comes to the forefront. [i]Eleanor Rigby[/i] by The Beatles is one that comes to mind. It's pretty much my favorite song of theirs. The mixture of violins, harmonious vocals and great lyrics make for a truly beautiful song, heh. Too bad it's so short lol.

Then, there are some songs that go into the more morbid side of beauty. Stuff by Nine Inch Nails really exemplifies this, I think. Not [i]all[/i] of the band's songs could be considered beautiful (a lot are simply too gritty to be considered beautiful by just about anyone lol), but when you think about it, their songs are beautiful in a lot of ways. [i]Hurt[/i] is a really beautiful song, because it's really emotional without smacking you upside the head with pain, heh.

Of recent times, I think Scarling's cover of [i]Creep[/i] is really damn beautiful, mostly because Jessicka's voice is just amazingly sweet and beautiful in that song. It's quite a cool contrast to the band's sound, heh (though Jessicka's voice retains the same sweet quality in all of the other songs, I think it's highlighted in [i]Creep[/i]).

EDIT: To answer your question, since I don't really have enough to say to warrant a new post, Jessicka used to be the lead singer of Jack Off Jill. I've not heard as much of their music as I would have liked, though. I always seem to get into a lot of bands after they've broken up lol.

Well, the first song that comes to mind is "White Feathers" by L'Arc~en~Ciel. Nearly all of the songs on the Tierra album are quite beautiful, but this one shines as perhaps one of their most perfect works. Every second of the song seems as though it's been thoughtfully revised to create just the perfect feeling for the entirety.

I could name plenty more, but this is the most significant. Give it a listen sometime.

[font=Verdana][size=2]I think that Montego Bay Spleen by [i]Saint Germain[/i] is a rather beutiful song. Most of the songs off his Tourist album are excellent but this one i find is the most beautiful.[/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=2]As [i]Saint Germain [/i]is electro jazz Montego Bay contains alot of synthesiser sp? sounds.[/size][/font]

[FONT=Arial Narrow][COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=1]I can't place my finger on any one 'beautiful' song but I'll try. Heh, there is a shitload that I am tempted to type but I don't want to clutter the thread. Anyway.

[B]The Crystal Ship by The Doors[/B]: I love this song. Its is haunting but has this great rhythm. I grew up on The Doors and have heard most of their songs, and this once strike me as their most beautiful. Even Riders on the Storm doesn't compare.

[B]Stairway to Heaven by Led Zepplin[/B]: Awesomeness. The inclusion of other instruments in the mix, as well as the slow pace and lyrics... *shudder*

Err... now let me try and name one from before 1980. Err... Hmm.

[B]Castles in the Sky by Ian Van Dahl[/B]: I don't know why. Honestly.

~CrH~[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

Evanescence sings some beautiful music. [I]My Immortal[/I] is a nice song. I know its meant to be saddening and somewhat depressive but I really like it anyway.

Good Charlotte's [I]Emotionless[/I] and [I]Hold On[/I] are really nice songs also.[I]Hold On[/I] also teaches people alot if they really listen to it and get it through their heads lol.

There are other songs by other bands but I dont want to ruin others' ideas.

Very first song that comes to mind for me is "Think of Me" by Sara Brightman from Phantom of the Opera. Her beautiful soprano voice makes me wish I could sing like her. It always gives me the chills when she hits that high note at the end of the song. It has a wonderful build up to that note.

The next two songs that comes to mind is "Comfortably Numb" and "Wish You Were Here" by Pink Floyd. They are both mellow songs that leave you with a sad feeling, that is what I feel is beautiful about those songs. They make you feel something, they can change your emotions with their lyrics that cut straight to your heart. Truly a sign of a great song.

I am sure if I thought about it for longer I could come up with more, but those three songs are at the top of my list. There are tons of beautiful opera songs from Camille Saint-Saenz, Puccini and Leoncavallo to name a few, but I am not sure how many people on this board listen to opera. LOL

[QUOTE=Panda]Very first song that comes to mind for me is "Think of Me" by Sara Brightman from Phantom of the Opera. Her beautiful soprano voice makes me wish I could sing like her. It always gives me the chills when she hits that high note at the end of the song. It has a wonderful build up to that note.
[/QUOTE]

I LOVE Sarah Brightman! Another wonderful song she does is "All I Ask of You" from the same show. It's touching and simply shows that she truly loves Raoul.

For newer songs, I like "Only God Knows Why" by Kid Rock. It may not be the most beautiful song, but its message is something I try to keep in my heart: Keep moving on, because you may never know why something happens to you.

"Fragile" by Nine Inch Nails is one of the most moving songs I've ever heard. It's not so much even the words; the melody and the musical break between the lyrics is one of those that one can just sit and sway to--and it's a song that characterizes the romanticism of the band completely. "The Art of Self Destruction" is a remix of "Mr. Self Destruct," and is very full of different aspects of rhythm and music. It's fun to listen to, and very danceable.
Janis Ian has a lot of beautiful songs, tinged with sad themes, such as "Seventeen" and "From Me to You." But she's an older artist, so I don't know how many people will have heard of her.
And since music with a lot to it appeals to me, I feel inclined to list "Ants in the Kitchen" and "Give Me Water" by the Masters of Reality as well. These have a musicality without the depth of hard-core emotions, so they're just a lot of fun to listen to.

Jeez man, you're obsessed with U2...

Anyways, Stairway To Heaven by Led Zeppelin and November Rain by Guns N' Roses are two of my faves. And The Spirit of Radio by Rush. I like the one line..."one likes to believe in the freedom of music." I love Rush so much, mostly 'cause of the lyrics. Woo I get to see um in concert this summer...

I think that jsut about anything played by the Beatles is beautiful, but htat's just me. Anyway, though they don't have words, a lot of the stuff we play in band is rather pretty music. Like 'Antares' and 'Tempest Rising' and one of my favorites, 'Cloud Nine'.

Of course, you can't beat some of the japanese music in beauty... especialy some of the things they put in anime.

Riding With Private Mallone by....someone......is a reallly great song. It's just very peaceful.Also, I've always liked American Pie, the Don McClean version, Madonna butchered it. Finally, most of the stuff on Ian Anderson's CD Rupi's Dance is very nice, I like it because it's unique.

Guest ScirosDarkblade
It's not a [i]song[/i], but I think the prelude of Bach's Cello Suite No. 1 is particularly beautiful. It's just a cello with no accompaniement, and sounds really good especially when played by Yo Yo Ma. I think you might hear it in the background in the DVD menu of Evangelion: Death and Rebirth, but I'm not entirely sure because it's been a while since I've seen that.

Well, even though I listen to tons of mousic other than Hardcore, we'll refer to hardcore as "the music I listen to", for this post.

Anyway, "the music I listen to" is usualy thought by many to be quite the opposite of beautiful. However, at least for one band I am willing to argue that to the grave. This bnad being named .hopesfall. I've been a fan of them since their first cd [i]Frailty of Words[/i], and have fallen in love with their extremely tallented mix of,melodic hardcore with beautiful, soft, touching breakdowns. I really love this band.

• 6 months later...
I personally really love the soundtrack to [B]eternal sunshine of the spotless mind[/B]. When i first saw the movie i thought the music worked beautifully with the movie.. but than by itself, is just a masterpiece. The music is eeriely light, yet giving a happy/sad feeling to it. It just depends on your mood when you listen to it... and the ending song with the credits.. everytime i hear it.. it's so chilling yet beautiful at the same time.

Like i said.. it make me want to smile and cry all at the same time. Now music that moves a person like that.. That is truely beautiful music.

I think mostly everything my Malice Mizer is a sure-fire beautiful song. I really favor 'Beast of Blood' by Malice Mizer. I'm listening to a new song which is really beautiful in an eerie kind of way. It's called, 'A Girl Called Harmony' by Attrition, my friend on another forum introduced me to it. I like gothic-like song with organs alot. Also, The Beatles is good, especially 'While My Guitar Gently Weeps'.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='Shinmaru]I've heard plenty of beautiful songs in my lifetime, though it's hard to think of one that really comes to the forefront. [i]Eleanor Rigby[/i'] by The Beatles is one that comes to mind. It's pretty much my favorite song of theirs. The mixture of violins, harmonious vocals and great lyrics make for a truly beautiful song, heh. Too bad it's so short lol.[/quote]

All these songs are the Beatles

Eleanor Rigby is good. She's Leaving Home is better.

The two sounds similar, insturment-wise, Eleanor Rigby being a faster paced song, while She's Leaving Home has a pretty harp opening and then Paul's silky voice melts you to tears like you were an oil candle :bawl:. Eleanor Rigby has that great chorus "Ah, look at all the lonely people".

Another beutiful song "Julia", is a tribute to John Lennon's mother, after she died in a car wreck when he was 17. It's off of the White Album. The song has a great acoustic guitar and beautiful lyrics.

"A Day in the Life" is another storytelling song, but the opening lyrics are a litle depressing:

[QUOTE=John Lennon/Paul McCartney]
I read the news today, oh boy
About a lucky man who made the grade
And though the news is rather sad
Well I just had to laugh
I saw the photograph

He blew his mind out in a car
He didn't notice that the light had changed
A crowd of people stood and stared
Nobody was really sure if he was from the house of Lords
[/QUOTE]

John's voice was recorded in 2 takes on that song, and it has a varied vocal range. I was impressed. Then, after the line "I''d love to turn you on", the orchestra plays every note they have on their insturments.

Another song that makes you sit and just relax is "Within You, Without You". George's graceful sitar and pretty voice about how life can be and how it can change.

Guest Midnight Rush
All I Know by Art Garfunkle...

Hauntingly beautiful song. I first heard it in the Season 2 Finale of Nip/Tuck. It's... amazing. At least to me lol.

[color=deeppink][size=1]I'd have to say 'Unintended' by Muse is most beautiful to me. I can listen to it several times a day and have that same great 'feeling' each time. Matt's voice is mesmerizing, and he just pours his heart and soul into this song. Ah, and I love the lyrics. *hugs*

Then, there's three songs from Coldplay- 'The Scientist' (acoustic), 'Green Eyes', and 'Sparks', and 'Exit Music (for a film)' and 'How to Disappear Completely' by Radiohead. OH- and 'Come What May' from Moulin Rouge. Absolutely love it. Moulin Rouge is a brilliant film, anyway (my favourite). ^_^[/color][/size]

Wow, there's so much beautiful music. I really enjoy soundtracks from movies - the OST for Black Hawk Down is especially haunting.

As for songs... I'd say that anything by Ben Folds is pretty awesome, especially "Still Fighiting It" and "Luckiest" from Rockin' the Suburbs.

Enya has some pretty good music too, and I'd have to agree with what's been said earlier - Sarah Brightman rocks. :)

Music from Princess Mononoke is amazing as well - it lifts me into the air.