OtakuBoards

WW2's somewhat new Art stuff.

WW2

Ok, I've been quite busy in my art classes, this past year, and have decided to post some of my work.

I guess I'll start things out with the painting that was chosen to be displayed in the Caswell Building in Raleigh, NC.

This was done for my Design 1 class, using acrylic paint and marker on a 20X30 peice of illustration board.
The assignment required the use of the basic colors on the color wheel, in order, and this is what I came up with.

I think its pretty good for only 3 days of work.

The first pic is just the painting, while the second is the framed version on display. Sorry if the photos aren't too great. :D

[IMG]http://home.earthlink.net/~twc3365482238/color.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://home.earthlink.net/~twc3365482238/color2.jpg[/IMG]

I can't believe I missed this topic. That's really a great piece, especially considering the size. Great use of color as well. I love how it sort of follows the color wheel all the way around. Great idea ;) It's definately a nice design as well. Were you trying to depict an image or was it just abstract?

Thanx for the positive feedback. :D

I wasn't really trying to depict any specific image with my color wheel painting, except the symbol in the center.
Other than that its supposed to be non-representational, even though some people thought the symbol was some kind of bug.

Ok moving on....

I decided to post another work of mine. This pic is of a charcoal drawing I completed in my Drawing 1 class.
I had to draw and render a stack of boxes with a sheet over them, and this was the result.
As for the phatom faces, they were just a random idea I came up with to spruce it up a bit.

I think it turned out alright considering I hate working with charcoal.

[IMG]http://home.earthlink.net/~twc3365482238/Cloak.jpg[/IMG]

That is great as well. What kind of charcoal did you use; vine or compressed? You really do know how to manipulate mediums well. I can only wish for the kind of talent you have. There's no way you can be making less than an A in your Art class. Maybe it's because of the size, but there doesn't seem to be much value in it. It's really only one part of the sheet though, and it still looks great. I tip my hat to you sir.

Wow. Both of your works are very striking. On the first one I like the border, the color you used toned it down some what, and it looks really great. The second one is really interesting, the phantom faces really add something to it, as if it has a story to tell. They're both great, I'd love to have prints of these at home...

Wow - this is all excellent work, and the first piece certainly merits public display! (heh, I should think the second one does as well!) As regards that first piece, the cracks work very nicely and give it a sort of quilt-esque look. Hrm ... the symbol looks as if it might allude to some sort of divine power - it just has that kind of radiance.

As for the second piece - how can you not like charcoal when you work so successfully in it? It certainly carries an interesting quality that is always present with something that's covered up - what's lurking underneath? It reminds me of this production of Macbeth I once went to see where the ghosts were represented by figures pawing through fabric drapes at the back of the stage. Very slick idea to continue the creases into the backdrop like that - it has a real gothic quality to it.

Very well done!