OtakuBoards

Vision of Escaflowne

Guest Matt

well, i just found you that they are realeasing an Escaflowne movie in theaters the 25 of january. that's 4 days from now. it will be a limited release tho, so if it yill no national i don't know. but still, that's a big step, realeasing an anime movie into theaters......maybe next we can get dbz. here's the link i found it at: [url]http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hv&cf=info&id=1804359596[/url]

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool. I loved the escaflowne TV series. I've seen some images from the movie. It looks so weird, I've gotta see it. There's a good chance that I'll end up dragging someone to take me to a theater that's playing it. Is there an official site for the movie or anything?

Sure it's a big thing getting an anime into a movie theater(what about Totoro, Princess Mononoke, Chinese Ghost Story, X, Vampire Hunter D, Blood the Last Vampire, Oh! My Goddess(i dunno my dad read in the new paper that they were showing it in a theater) and Perfect Blue?) I seriously doubt a DBZ one would actually hit theaters though. If any the Eva movies would probably be the next to find it's way into theaters. Especially since the company who bought the rights to one of the movies was the company who release X and Perfect Blue into theaters...

• 7 months later...
I love Escaflowne! I saw the tapes at the store about a year after fox canceled it and remebered how much I liked it, so I started buying them, then I bought the whole series, since they were releasing it 2 tapes at a time still. Esca is soooo good. ...and the ending is really sweet. ^-^ They say fox took it off the air because a shoujo romance story couldn't hold up with the little kids like Nascar Racers (what they replaced it with) could. I guess I can understand that, but I still with they wouldn't have taken it off...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by amiboshi [/i]
[B]I love Escaflowne! I saw the tapes at the store about a year after fox canceled it and remebered how much I liked it, so I started buying them, then I bought the whole series, since they were releasing it 2 tapes at a time still. Esca is soooo good. ...and the ending is really sweet. ^-^ They say fox took it off the air because a shoujo romance story couldn't hold up with the little kids like Nascar Racers (what they replaced it with) could. I guess I can understand that, but I still with they wouldn't have taken it off... [/B][/QUOTE]

I'm all for American cartoons, but Nascar Racers over Escaflowne!? THe execs at Fox must have been smokin' something VEEEEERRRRRRYYYY powerful to put garbage like Nascar Racers over Escaflowne. And why wouldn't kids like Escaflowne? It has cool action and a big robot so there should be more viewers who like it over *shudders* Nascar Racers. Darn romance haters.

I agree Shadowdramon. The execs at Fox were on something but i'm still mad at them. *Gets in car and drives to Fox's main Headquarters and Backhands the C.E.O. repeatedly and says WHY DID YOU CANCEL ESCAFLOWNE????!!!!!* Oh and on a sidenote about Fox Kids: they were bought out by 4kids animation and they made Fox Kids the "Fox Box" *Shudders*

[color=crimson][size=1]I saw SOME of the TV series when it aired on Fox back in the day, and even then, as everyone knows, they didn't air the entire series or anything. It was dubbed and then it was edited and everything, so it kind of wasn't all that great. I saw the last volume of the series subtitled because a friend of mine has it, so I do know what happens at the very end, I just don't know what happens in the middle.

I like the series, but I don't like Hitomi. She's so UGLY.[/color][/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by shadowdramon [/i]
[B]I'm all for American cartoons, but Nascar Racers over Escaflowne!? THe execs at Fox must have been smokin' something VEEEEERRRRRRYYYY powerful to put garbage like Nascar Racers over Escaflowne. And why wouldn't kids like Escaflowne? It has cool action and a big robot so there should be more viewers who like it over *shudders* Nascar Racers. Darn romance haters. [/B][/QUOTE]
I agree, but logically, would a nine year-old boy really sit through the episodes when Hitomi is crying out and confused about which guy she likes the most? I'm sure tehey'd sit all the way through when (Spoiler) Allen kisses Hitomi and Van walks away soaking wet. Or when Van and Hitomi have their mushy moments and just stare into each other's eyes. lol. I can't imagine my brother sitting through it.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by amiboshi [/i]
[B]I agree, but logically, would a nine year-old boy really sit through the episodes when Hitomi is crying out and confused about which guy she likes the most? I'm sure tehey'd sit all the way through when (Spoiler) Allen kisses Hitomi and Van walks away soaking wet. Or when Van and Hitomi have their mushy moments and just stare into each other's eyes. lol. I can't imagine my brother sitting through it. [/B][/QUOTE]

They should have had the show on a later time for teens instead of TVY7. That would solve a lot of problems right then and there.

Fox never should have bought it in the first place. Of course they weren't going to put it on normal Fox times, and it really didn't belong on Fox Kids. Now they own the rights to it and they're not doing anything with it, so it's just sitting there. I hate to say it, but it would have been better if even CN had bought it instead. Then we might be seeing it on Toonami or Adult Swim or something.....

[color=crimson][size=1]I never knew that Allen kissed Hitomi. Heck, if I was Hitomi, I'd go for Allen. But she's not GOOD ENOUGH for him! He's so sexy. He was my favorite. And I'm GLAD they didn't end up together because she's just so freaking UGLY. I like Allen's blonde chic...can't remember who she is...[/color][/size]

Hitomi's "competition" for Allen was Princess Millerna.

I kinda thought Hitomi was ugly, too. lol. Maybe it was just because her uniform was so unflattering, though, because when she goes back at the end and she has normal clothes on, I thought she looked kinda pretty. ^-^

Geh. I hated Allen. I didn't like his long hair or his arrogant attitude, but I probably really disliked him because I wanted Van an Hitomi to get together, and Allen just kept getting in the way! Van's my favorite. He was always so sweet, he just didn't quite say things right sometimes. >.< Poor Van....

I liked everything about escaflone. I loved the song in the beginning, the soryline, I like the characters too. I dislike Allen (he's weird), felt sorry for Delandal and think what happend to him/her is disgusting. I've almost all of the eppisodes except the last one... -_- Just my luck, eh? I saw the very last minit's of the last epp but that was all.

For some odd reason I'm haveing some trouble remembering the story line... Someone mind telling (or PMing) me the main problem of the story? Thanx

I agee with you on most of that. I hated Allen, I loved Dilandau (go Piro's!), and I liked the opening song, but I think Mistic Eyes (the ending song) was better. ^-^ Ah, you're missing out if you haven't seen the last episode. It's really so cute, it was one of my favorites. ^^

The main problem is Zaibach. Now that I think about it, it's a pretty complicated problem. Basically, Zaibach's leader, Dornkirk, wants to alter fate to his late with his fate Alteration machine, and every time Hitomi and Van get close to each (emotionally and physically) he loses sight of his future, so he tries attacking the dragon (van and escaflowne), seperating Van and Hitomi, and even kidnapping Hitomi to keep his future in view.

I have to say i liked the entire character design for Escaflowne, you may say Hitomi is ugly its just because she has short hair? Well she probably has short hair so she can run faster but i really like van's wings those are so cool!!!!! But what sucks is that when Escaflowne is damaged van is hurt too, that just would have to suck?!

I don't know if Van HAD to make it that way. I mean, Hitomi taught him the technique so he could become closer to Escaflowne and he could fight with more of his power, I guess. That was really painful to watch when they were drilling and such on Escaflowne, and Van could feel the drilling on his own body....that was kinda nasty to imagine. It jusy gave me chills.

One of the original Escaflowne mangas (I think the anime was based on more than one, because there were numerous references from the director in an article I read) and Hitomi had long hair. She was much prettier. ^^

One of the other things I don't really like about the character designs is that Van is just SO skinny. I mean, in the movie he looks kinda chunky, but in the anime he's just kinda.....flat. O.o And especially with his shirt off, he just looks unhealthy. But I have to admit, I like his wings, too. ^^

[color=crimson][size=1]I always thought Van was a cutie. I happen to like really skinny guys in real life, so I liked his skinnyness. Yes, I don't like Hitomi because of her short hair. It doesn't suit her character at all and it just doesn't look right. She probably would be prettier with longer hair.[/color][/size]