OtakuBoards

Vision of Escaflowne

Guest Matt

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Milliardo [/i]
[B][font=comic sans ms]Been to the RPG, and I skimmed the first page. The spelling's Van, not Vaughn. Somebody should get that right.[/font] [/B][/QUOTE]

lol. I noticed that, too. The spelling's changed on several characters many different times... make up your minds how you're gonna spell things! ^-^ I really suck at RPGs. Me in an RPG would be scary beyond belief.:nervous:

(*spoilers*)
I have a question on the series, though. I noticed that in the opening, Hitomi not only kisses Allen, which I already know she did, but she also kisses Amano. I didn't think she ever actually kissed Amano in the series.... Did she, or was it just some clips to make a nice opening? And if she's kissin all these other guys, why is it she never kissed Van, whom she was actually in love with?!? They just...hug....then she leaves...and that's it... I was in shock at how she just left him. I would have stayed with Van! Okay, I just had to get that off my chest....

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
Oh I wish that Escaflowne was still on too! I loved that show and some of you people metioned that it was cancelled on Fox. I'm guessing you guys just live in the Us. In Canada we have a channel called YTV and they showed the rest of the series. It ended a while ago and I wish they would put it back on.

Yeah well its my favorite show so I keep buging YTV about it but they won't put it back on. Oh well...

• 2 months later...
Well, tomorrow I begin my new job at Blockbuster video(jumps for joy)and they told me that I'm allowed to rent 5 of anything I want for a week. Well, I've already decided that I'mma rent a few games, and probably a Neon Genesis Evangelion DVD, but then I saw somethin that caught my eye. Somethin that alot of folks in the anime world usually talk about, and thats Escaflowne. But I never knew that there was a movie about it. And well, since I somewhat liked the show(atleast what I saw of it before Fox cancelled it), I'm thinkin about gettin it. But I need a few opinions on this movie before I get it.

Sooo...to anyone that has seen Escaflowne the movie, how is it and should bother gettin it?(obviously I get it for free, but I just wanna know if I'm waistin my time or not.)

You can also discuss the movie in this thread if you'd like aswell so that this topic doesnt become a waist of space. :D

I am dying to see this movie.

It is an excellent looking movie based on what I have seen in terms of previews and what not.

I also want to know more about it myself, from the people on the boards who have seen it.

The movie looks so damn good that I just cant stand how my local movie stores dont have anime selctions worthy of any sort of otaku none the less, small time anime freaks like me.

I also wanna mention.... good job with that job jin-17. I applied for a job at the big bb and still havent heard from them. Can I ask, how long did it take for them to get back to you? Just hit me in a pm or something so we dont spam this thread. Thanks if you do, if you dont... I know you took my job. *wink*

[color=navy]Oh man I really want to see the movie of Escaflowne!!!!! So have you seen all the shows of Escaflowne or have you only seen the ones that Fox showed. Anyways I have looked at some movie pictures and it's quite different from the show.
Where do you live? We never have movies like that at our stores.[/color]

I really liked the Esca movie. The TV series was really good, too. ^_^ And yeah, the movie is quite different. They were directed and everything by the same person, but he wanted something different, that's why the characters and everything looks so different. I don't like the movie's art as much, but I really enjoyed the movie. It was an interesting twist/retelling of the series, but intriguing and worth your time. ^_^

Well, I rented this movie and watched it on Thursday(sorry for postin this soo late.), and I must say that this was definetly an awesome movie to say the least. Definetly worth my time to rent. The animation was simply awesome, and the story itself was lovely aswell. Like you said, it didnt go with the series(atleast of the eps I've seen, which is only a few), but what anime movie does go with its series? :D

The plot was nice, and the music was pretty good aswell. Main thing I liked was towards the end where....well, you gotta watch it for yourself. I'm more than likely gonna watch it again tomorrow, but first I'mma watch "Z.O.E(Zone of the Enders)" and give my thoughts on that. :D

The Esca movie is kinda questionable in terms of goodness. >.>

Hardcore fans tend to say it's terrible because it's nothing like the series, while casual fans enjoy it.

I personally think it was pretty nice as long as you watch it as a movie rather than as part of the whole Esca universe-thingy ^^;

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Mako [/i]
[B]The Esca movie is kinda questionable in terms of goodness. >.>

Hardcore fans tend to say it's terrible because it's nothing like the series, while casual fans enjoy it.

I personally think it was pretty nice as long as you watch it as a movie rather than as part of the whole Esca universe-thingy ^^; [/B][/QUOTE]
Yeah, I agree. I wasn't really comparing it to the series, just enjoying it as a movie with simliar characters and everything. The series was much better, hands down.

A lot of people were dissapointed by the movie because its like a rewrite of the series (only a lot shorter and more violent)

Personally I liked the movie and the series (of which I managed to tape all of when it was shown on Fox)

Its well worth a look, though it may not be to everyones taste.

• 5 months later...
i was wondering if anyone liked escaflowne?...(because its cool!)this is kinda a wide topic because you can disscuss it or you can just say u liked it...or didnt...*stares at computer screen with evil look* but why would anyone not like it....its so cool! anyway i was just wondering if any of you had the privlige of seeing it?
:toothy:

I thought* Escaflowne was really cool. I have to say that the mech desigens were really good i mean u had Escaflowne its slef with its dragon mode.Then you had the empiers (sorry dont remeber the name) with the crim claws and flame throwers. I also thought the characters were perty interesting too [spoiler] Lord Folkin (sp?) had to be the best the main characters brother who he though had die but is really alive and working for the enemy its was a neat idea [/spoiler] and the muisc was perty good.

* I say thought becaues the only time i got to see it is when it was on FoxKids a long time ago i whish i was able to find the DVDs.

I use to watch it when it first came on Fox, and have to say it's pretty good.
I really liked the medevil mecha designs, and the orchestrated music.

Oh and the Escaflowne movie was pretty good too.:D

i really liked escaflowne, but i still havnt been able 2 see the complete series or the movie yet. i ddnt really like Hitomi (spelling?) at first because she struck me as... i dunno... girly and the typical damsel-in-distress; does she get any better later on?

Guest redtwo
Very good series. Though the Hitomi/Van Hitomi/Allen thing sometimes got a bit tired, the characters were incredibly real and in depth. The action was beautiful and the story very solid. Definately ranks up there.

H

well its cool everybody likes it(everybody means u guys..(and girls)... male domition bugs me..*twiches*...anyway.

to iwakuralain she does seem girly but she gets better. i havent seen the whole series yet or the movie (but ive seen most of the series...some people i talk to didnt get it (probably because they didnt see the beggining.. or they saw a complicated episode)

to ww2 about the dvds i cant really find them either but i only thought of this topic because my friends brother is into anime and he owns some dvds (live ninja scroll,cowboy bebop, and the first 4 episodes of escaflowne)so i watched them today and i remembered how much i liked them.

so thanks for replyn'!

Guest Tical
Ive never seen the series but Ive read the first issue of the masnga and its alright. I saw the cover of the dvd and it look NOTHING like the manga

I didn't get to see very much of Escaflowne, but from what I have seen, it is one of the best anime ever! I only saw the beggining, so does anyone mind telling me what happened after Hitomi found out about Van's wings?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Kyo [/i]
[B]I only saw the beggining, so does anyone mind telling me what happened after Hitomi found out about Van's wings? [/B][/QUOTE]

Hehe...I strongly feel that this show IS one of the best.

Anywho, after Hitomi saw Van's wings she told him how beautiful they were. Afterwards, he smiled and told Hitomi that Meryl says the same thing. Hitomi got a bit upset at that remark b/c she didn't want to be compared to Meryl. *sighs* Definitely good stuff.:love:

Guest Tical
I just bought the movie. I havent watched it yet but it looks good.Is it as good as the series? Is the eries worth it if you have the movie?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Tical [/i]
[B]I just bought the movie. I havent watched it yet but it looks good.Is it as good as the series? Is the eries worth it if you have the movie? [/B][/QUOTE]

Ooo...the Movie is very different than the series (almost everything is different aside from the characters--even their personalities differ).

Actually, my first exposure to Escaflowne was the Movie. The Movie is much much prettier than the series (more money, of course). But after I watched the series, I concluded that I liked the series more that the Movie. Why? Better story, better characters, and more depth. But then again, there are people who loved the Movie and hated the series--I'm NOT one of them. But yes, to you I highly reccommend trying out the series. :D Good stuff.

I have seen it and i just have to say IT ROCKS. Its one of the few anime's that have big robots in them that i like. Van is also very cute. The movie that you get on dvd is very confusing nothing like the anime but its ok i guess its just strage and if you dont know any thing aboght this anime you may want to watch it before the movie because that what i did and BOY was i confused. They call hitomi (or is that with a e)the wind goddes or something like that and pluss they never realy use escaflowne intill the end. And am not talking aboght the one thats on movie and there is like four of vidoes i am talking aboght the one just on dvd. Over all its a pritty good anime but van chould be alittle cuter, he is cute its just his hair looks realy strange.