Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Vision of Escaflowne


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Utena_Tenjou [/i]
[B]I've seen a little bit of the Escaflowne Movie(Maybe about 30-45 mins) and I didn't like it..just the way there drawn I gues 0_- [/B][/QUOTE]
I didn't like the way they were drawn in the movie either. Everyone just look more like a savage....I dunno. All the elgance was gone from the artwork! >.< But I did think Hitomi kinda looked nicer....sorta.... I really thought I wouldn't like the movie at all when I finally saw it after crinkling my nose at the art for the longest time, but I actually liked the movie. It was a cute movie to see, especially since I've seen the whole series, comparing the two was fun. ^-^

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Domon [/i]
[B]well yeah Van may be a little too skinny but come on ya gotta admit it is great anime, i really don't mind Hitomi's short hair. I'm mainly drooling over the melefs. [/B][/QUOTE]
The melefs certainly were something to drool at. ^^ I liked Dilandau's.... His was awesome.:devil: But I really liked Escaflowne, too. That was really neat that it could become a dragon...and the way Van linked himself to Escaflowne so he could operate it better. That first battle with that was cool....Esca's cape ripped and Van got a little slice on the back of his shirt....
Posted
The characters in the Escaflowne movie were more savage because the movie was set in a more war-torn Gea. I forgot more about the movie but there is more melef fighting and sword fighting. That's about as much as i can remember.
Posted
The melefs in the movie were cooler. They were more organic-like. Yeah, I guess Gaia was more war-torn, but it already had a whole lot of war going on in the series. I remember thinking Hitomi was such a wuss sometimes.... She was always so depressed about EVERYTHING. If I were her, I would have enjoyed myself more. I mean, she was fretting over everything from her tarot reading to which guy she liked now. I think she was being a bit too serious about her crushes.... I wanna go through the series again and count how many times she cries out for either Amano, Allen, or Van. I'm sure it's a very high number....
Posted
[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]Out of curiosity, did anyone think that Hitomi was a little bit. . ugly, plain, whatever. . . simply because it is easier to understand her character that way? If she was head of every sports team, really beautiful, and very popular, I don't think I could have seen her in that role. She wanted to fade away because she was going through some really rough times. That leads me to believe that everything was NOT right in her world. I just had that floating around in my head for a while ^_^ so yeah!

As for Van - he has to be my favorite anime character next to Parn (from Record of Lodoss Wars). He was just a very strong character, who was very noble, being the ruler of a lost kingdom, and a very good fighter. I loved him and Escaflowne together, and felt real passion from his character.

Overall, this has to be, hands down, one of my most favorite animes out there right now. The whole midevil setting with giant mech suits was just a winning combination for me. I love it, and can't wait to get the money to buy the whole series on DVD. I have the movie, but wish I had the whole series to match it. I suppose if I have waited this long, I can wait a little bit longer =)[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Posted
I agree with NorykoAnglecry Escaflowne is hands down my favorite Anime. Along with Gundam and Yu-Gi-Oh. But in Escaflwone the T.V. series i loved seeing the surprises and the character development. Especially this part (For those who haven't seen the entire series please shield your eyes)

My mouth dropped when i found out that prince Sheid was actually Allan's son!!! I couldn't believe he of all men fathered an illigentimate child!! But i liked it when van finally admitted his love for Hitomi! that made me so happy cause i just had this inkling that he would finally come around and admit to her.
Posted
mm, yeah, I loved it when Van and Hitomi finally got their feelings accross to each other. ^^ It was so cute when Van went back to Earth to get her, and they had that cute little moment. Van's face was just so (I have to say it again....) cute when he was surprised that Hitomi hugged him. ^-^ That's one of my favorite parts in the series. I'm not sure why, but I was kind of expecting that Cheid was Allen's son. I felt kinda sorry for the Duke of Fraid.... His wife died (although she did love him) only having given birth to a child that wasn't his own.

Hands down, Escaflowne is deffinitely one of my top favorites, too. It's just such a wonderful series....*sigh* I think it has the perfect combination of so many elements, and it just comes together beautifully. ^-^
Posted
You have to agree Escaflowne takes you on an emotional rollercoaster. One moment your geting real giddy cause Van is kicking Zaibach but and the next you feel like you're gonna bawl your brains out because someone you really liked or thought was just too cool just died (Hint, Hint, Folken) and then the next you feel really happy cause for the first time Hitomi and Van admit their feeling for each other. *sigh*
Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
Posted
Hmm, personally I like the Escaflowne series, as for the movie I was severely disappointed when it came out in Japan. The whole movie had this feeling of being way too rushed, and the plot wasn't ironed out that much. Also the last fight scene was a major disappointment. Too bad the movie couldn't live up to the standards of the series.
Posted
I have only seen the movie, so alot of this conversation is confusing me. :rolleyes: But, I don't know what you are talking about Rick Hunter, I thought it was great. Maybe your comparing it to the series or something I don't know. :p
Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
Posted
Well the story was just all together rushed, on minute Hitomi was trying to figure out where she was and the other minute she's falling in love with Van. The story could have followed a better format, most scenes just jumped to another side story that had no relation to the first. Don't get me wrong animation wise the movie looked good, however just looking good and having a great story line are two different issues.
Posted
I agree. The movie was really rushed. Hitomi hardly knew Van, let alone have a converstion with him, really, and all of a sudden she's pretty much confessing her to love him.... I thought it didn't exactly give their relationship enough time, it was just [i]there[/i] all of a sudden. Nothing seemed to be explained very well, except maybe Folken's ambitions. That was pretty clearly explained.... Other than that, though, it did feel very rushed.
Posted
No, No , No, i was talking about the T.V. series about how IT was an Emotional rollercoaster not the movie, hell i haven't even seen the movie. I want to but i'd rather stick to the t.v. series thank you very much.
Posted
I knew you were talking about the series....

If you haven't seen the movie, Domon, I really recommend it. ^-^ It was a lot better than I thought it would be. And since you've seen the series, I think you would appreciate the movie. It may not make sense seeing the movie first, but as an afterwards film I found it very interesting. They're just different....
Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
Posted
Well since we're talking about Escaflowne I came across this interesting article.

[quote]Escaflowne for Oscar? (2002-09-26 09:57:14)
Bandai Entertainment has informed us that they plan to submit Escaflowne: The Movie to the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences as a candidate for an Academy Award (Oscar) candidate. Nominations will be announced in February. [/quote]

I find this very interesting since this would be the first time an anime does this, and also in the fact that Escaflowne in my opinion isn't oscar worthy. It should be interesting to see what happens.
Posted
huh. I don't really think the movie by itself was oscar-worthy either. It was a nice addition to the series, but it wasn't THAT good. Although I did really like it, I don't see how it could win an Oscar....
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Twinzam v [/i]
[B]I have seen a few episodes and they were OK:) [/B][/QUOTE]
That goes for me as well. I have only seen a few episodes and the movie. They were not spectacular, but they were pretty good.
Posted
[font=comic sans ms]Yes, one of my all time favorite anime series. I really love the opening theme, "Promises Not Necessary" (others list it as "No Need For Promises"). The song really sets the mood for the anime, and it was sung very well by Maaya Sakamoto. Really, a lovely series all in all.[/font]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Domon [/i]
[B]Okay all in favor of Escaflowne being one of the best Anime please raise your hand and say yes [/B][/QUOTE]

[font=comic sans ms]No objection to that one. For me it's one of the best.[/font]
Posted
*raises hand* yes! All in all, I think it's one of the best, and deffinitely one of my favorites! It's just such a great anime.... It's got a perfect combo of everything. ^-^
Posted
Okay this is an invite to major fans of Escaflowne: I invite you to join my Escaflowne RPG in the Adventure Arena, to those who haven't joined this invitation is meant for you. ^_^

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...