OtakuBoards

Hmmmmm

Guest Chimaira

Guest Chimaira
How come no metal/rock bands make it to number .1 there have been some of the best songs out in ages never managing to get into the top ten

[font=Verdana][size=1]The chart is comprised of the best selling singles of that week/day. So if a rock band isn't making number 1, it's the record sales talking. At least that's how it works here.[/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=1][/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=1]I don't give a crap about the charts anyway, I like music because I like it, not because it's number 1.[/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=1][/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=1]Your thread title makes me think of pop, Hanson pop. not a good thing.[/size][/font]

Guest Chimaira
pop music is a pile of ****, most of it is repeated crap from old pop bands who did well at least most of the music in metal and rock is original, it's mainly punk music which repeats them

Plenty of hard rock and metal bands manage to get to the number one spot. The main problem is that a lot of metal just isn't all that accessible to the general public. I can't forsee a band that does nothing but scream jumping up to the #1 on the charts... but that's the plain old Billboard charts. There's subsections of Billboard that they might do well on and various other ones from different companies.

Guest Chimaira
[quote name='Semjaza Azazel']Plenty of hard rock and metal bands manage to get to the number one spot. The main problem is that a lot of metal just isn't all that accessible to the general public. I can't forsee a band that does nothing but scream jumping up to the #1 on the charts... but that's the plain old Billboard charts. There's subsections of Billboard that they might do well on and various other ones from different companies.[/quote]that is what the problem is everyon see's metal bands as bands which just scream down a microphone thee is a lot more than that to it, theres the guitar riffs, the melody , the bass tune and the way the singer manages to fit in with the band not just the singing

[quote name='Semjaza Azazel']Plenty of hard rock and metal bands manage to get to the number one spot. The main problem is that a lot of metal just isn't all that accessible to the general public. I can't forsee a band that does nothing but scream jumping up to the #1 on the charts... but that's the plain old Billboard charts. There's subsections of Billboard that they might do well on and various other ones from different companies.[/quote]

Well when he may say hard rock bands then he may mean bands like Linkin Park, Papa Roach and Rage against the machine who are all very good bands yet in Australia you don't really hear of these bands as much. I think the only rock bands that have made it to number one lately are Evanesance and that isn't even proper rock.
Although something nice did happen on last friday with the Australian live n' local tour, which was fully Australian rock bands.

Charts? The big chart we have here is the billboard chart, and thats dominated by pop, rap and R&B groups... these are considered popular genres, therefor the board is often called a pop board.... now why would you see rock bands on a pop chart?

Rock bands make it to number 1 all the time.... on the rock charts....

In Japan, its the same deal. Except rock bands usually make it to number 2 right behind some pop group. Rock is simply much more popular in Japan than it is here.

[COLOR=DarkRed]i really don't care one way or the other about metal bands getting on the chart. But the music does sound more like screaming than singing. But that''s the opinion of a person who doesn't care what type of music it is, just the song. :rolleyes: I really wanna see Brittany Spears get off the charts and out of the music world!! :flaming: [/COLOR]

[quote name='shikonjewel777][COLOR=DarkRed'] :rolleyes: I really wanna see Brittany Spears get off the charts and out of the music world!! :flaming: [/COLOR][/quote]

[color=darkviolet]I'd like to see Brittany go to some over seas country (like Canada :laugh: ) and stay there until all the over hype dies down. If that doesn't work, she can always be the first to try out life on Mars. However, life isn't that good to me right now.

Most of the bands I listen to that aren't country don't make it on the charts, but I don't really care too much. Caring what other people think about your music is liek caring about what other people think about your underwear. Meaning it really doens't matter since you like the music.

Well, I've said my peice I hope you enjoyed it.[/color]