OtakuBoards

Dragonball Z/GT

Onix

Who's most important?  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Who's most important?

This is the new DBZ/GT thread. And as first order of business, the question this thread originally was.

This is just common curiosity, but who do you think is the most important character in DBZ/GT? And I don't mean your favorite. I mean who has caused the most development, story, etc.
In my humbled opinion, it's Dr. Gero. This is why.
1. Thanks to him, we have time-traveling Trunks, who potentially saved a lot of people from Frieza/King Cold/Frieza's Army. I mean, Goku would've stopped Frieza, but many people, including the Z-Senshi, might have been killed.
2. It's thanks to Dr. Gero that we have still-good Vegeta (maybe). Like Krillin said, by having a common enemy, Vegeta didn't revert to evil guy.
3. The bad doctor's handywork brought about Krillin's family life, in the form of Android 18 and Marron. Not so important, but still.
4. If not for Cell, we probably would have many more people on earth, at least leading up to the Buu Saga.
5. If not for Cell, again, we wouldn't have Ultra SSJ, SSJ2, or even SSJ3. Well, Vegeta and Goku might have SSJ2, but it's not likely. Thanks to the need to defeat Cell and the Androids, the Saiya-jin (Saiyan) community pushed to ascend SSJ, creating the Ultra SSJ and SSJ2. Also, without Goku going to Other-World, he wouldn't have learned SSJ3.
6. Last one. Without Android 17, there would be a chapter missing from GT. The Super 17 Saga, which I haven't seen, wouldn't exist without Gero and 17.

There. I'm done now. But what do YOU think?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You make very good points, but I disagree. I think that Goku is the most important character. There are many reasons why. First of all, the entire DB saga is based on Goku and the events surrounding him. Do you remember when Goku decided to stay in the other world because he said "Earth will be safer without me".? It was because of Goku that the Saiyans first came to earth. It was because of Goku that he met, and distroyed, Friza(sp?) It is because of Goku that Vegeta became a good guy. It is because of Goku that the entire Andriod saga happened. It is because of Goku that the earth, and the universe, is still intact. Dr. Gero is important, but he is not the most important character in the DB saga.

[COLOR=RoyalBlue]Personally I agree with dposse, Goku is the most important character in DB/Z/GT. Simple because everyone who comes to earth wants to either fight Goku, blow up the planet, or get the dragon balls. If you recall Cell was made to kill Goku (and the anyone else). Come to think of it all the andriods(sp?) were made to kill Goku. Andriods !6-20. Even though the drangonballs are probably the main reason Frieza, King Piccalo, and may others came to earth; if Goku was there to stop them there would be no Earth, DB/Z/GT, or many thing else who would safe the world. Hercule? Seriously.[/COLOR]

I understand your points fully, dposse and SuperSJ3, and realize the error of my ways in putting Goku forward as an option. Other than him, the mani character who is therefore most important, who is the second most important (I still say Gero)? And you can start up other DBZ/GT related topics, if you wish.

[quote name='SuperSJ3][COLOR=RoyalBlue']Personally I agree with dposse, Goku is the most important character in DB/Z/GT. Simple because everyone who comes to earth wants to either fight Goku, blow up the planet, or get the dragon balls...[/COLOR][/quote]
Well, d'uh. The whole series was made FOR Goku. Just like PkMn, the whole series was made for Satoshi. All the events take place around Goku, everything was written with him in mind as the hero.

Goku just wont allow anyone else to stand in the spotlight. Remember when Gohan had the chance to defeat Cell? The authors wouldn't even let Gohan have at least a LITTLE bit of glory without Goku hogging acknowledgement by boosting the powerblast!

Goku is the main character. The series was made for him to be important.
[quote name='SuperSJ3][COLOR=RoyalBlue']...the main reason Frieza, King Piccalo, and may others came to earth; if Goku was there to stop them there would be no Earth, DB/Z/GT, or many thing else who would safe the world. Hercule? Seriously.[/COLOR][/quote]
Wow, that was hard to understand.
[quote name='edited'](Goku is) the main reason Frieza, King Piccolo, and many others came to Earth; if Gokue wasn't there to stop them there would be no Earth, DB, Z, GT or many other things. Who else would save the world? Hercule? Seriously.[/quote]
-_- Now that it's comprehendable, didn't King Piccolo come to Earth after the Dragon Balls were made? In fact I thought they were made by Kami-sama, who of course co-existed at the same time as King Piccolo or Piccolo, with rememberance of his old planet Namek. *shrugs*

I think the most important character is Mr. Popo for his cool vest. If Goku did not exist, who would be the leading character? -_- I can't think of anyone, Goku influenced too many people in this series. So second to Goku it'd have to be Roshi in Dragon Ball, Vegeta in Dragon Ball Z and Trunks in Dragon Ball GT.

-ArV

Guest Heezay
In Dragonball Z/ GT The Saiyans(and Piccolo) are the most important characters, mainly because it falls to them time and time again to save the world. I mean, the humans simply stopped being useful as fighters after the Frieza saga.

Now in Dragonball, it's a different story. That's why I love Dragonball so much- everyone plays an important role. But the most important character would be Goku. Without him, it's very unlikely that the whole group would have met up. In Z, if he wan't there, who would have beaten Vegeta and Nappa? Who would have conquered Frieza? If Goku wasn't around, there wouldn't be [b]a[/b] Android Saga or Cell Saga. And it's very unlikely there would be a Buu saga either, because Vegeta and Nappa would have wished for immortality and cleared the planet of life.

Without Goku, there would be no Gohan, Goten, Trunks, Bra, Pan. Vegeta would have never bothered to stay on the Earth. Everyone would have died. Period.

[COLOR=RoyalBlue]Come to think of it Kami is kinda [B]a[/B] main character but not for who he is but for what he does. The creation of the Dragonball. Because the DB/Z Sagas revolve around them. So I think Shenron the eternal dragon is the second most important character. And maybe Kami is the third most important. I have other ideas on fourth, fifth, and so on but I won't say.[/COLOR]

I have noticed that Gohan has 25% of the vote in the poll, and wish to ask why. Why is Gohan most important? Is it just because you want to be different? Is it because you misread it and thought it said Goku? Or do you have an actual reason. If the latter is true, please, step up and tell me why.

Guest BlackDragoon
to me, vegeta is the most important. if it wasn't for him, i would never watch dbz. goku annoys me.

[quote name='BlackDragoon']to me, vegeta is the most important. if it wasn't for him, i would never watch dbz. goku annoys me.[/quote]

Welcome to OtakuBoards, BlackDragoon.

As the reply quoted above is borderline spam, please try to improve your post quality. Doing so should be rather simple; just use proper capitalization and elaborate on why Vegeta is DBZ's most important character. Some threads invite brief responses, but you must take the time to support your opinions when answering this sort of question.

Thank you very much. ^_^

~Dagger~

While I am possibly the least knowledgeable person when it comes to DBZ/GT, it seems to me that there just isn't a story without Goku. He basically creates the circumstances (and children) around which the entirety of every story must in some way centre. I can't see it being Dr. Gero, as Unborn Lord Zion states- without Goku, the Earth would have probably been obliterated, annihilated and/or otherwise cosmically inconvenienced so many times that Gero would have been too dead to make any kind of an impact on the series.

• 3 weeks later...
Unborn Lord Xion to answer your question i think Gohan is important because he was the one to go SSJ2 first and killed cell which saved the earth.

He also helped videl in the buu saga which made them fall for each other. And if that didn't happen Pam wouldn't be in GT which as i can see she is really needed.

Why can't there be any halfbreed Saiyian females( there all males and i want to see a SSJ female). Just wandering.

In my personal opinion, I think Vegeta is the most important character. Look at what he has done: On Namek, if it wasnt for Vegeta, Gohan and Krillian would have been killed by Kui or if they survived that, Recoom would have been the one to kill them all. And then there is Frieza. Frieza would have made mince meat outta the two short people instantly. Lets move on shall we? Later, he saved Goku from Andriod 19 by going Super Saiyan in space and also fended off Cell 17 (after he absorbed Andriod 17) for a while so Goku and Gohan could finish their training. And THEN he helped Gohan kill Cell with his high powered attack, which I think it was the Big Bang Attack. Finally, in the Buu Saga, Vegito would have never been born, thus ending the Earth, and Goku would have had to take on all of Buus attacks without Vegeta fending off the little pink monster thingie for a good bit. Also, Gogeta would have never been born and neither would had Trunks. To finalize my post with Ixions post, without Vegeta, Trunks could have never went back in time to save Goku cause he wasnt born yet. Thank you.

Don't forget about Bulma she is also a Key character without her Goku would have never decided to go on his journey to find the Dragonballs meaning he would have never meet Chi Chi so there would be no Gohan or Goten meaning no Pan and they would have never meet Vegeta and if they did he would have destroyed Goku and Earth. Because if Goku would have not meet Bulma he never would have studied with Master Roshi and Krillin meaning he would not have studied with Kami or Mr. Popo making it to have been impossible for him to reach Super Saiyan meaning Frieza would have taken over the Universe. There is a good side to this if Bulma would have never meet Goku Dr. Gero would have never built the Androids or Cell because they were made to destroy Goku without meeting Goku there would have been no need to create them.

Piccolo is also important if he and his father had never came then Goku would have had no reason to train with Mr. Popo and Kami lessening his power making SSJ2 seem almost impossible. Without Piccolo who would have helped defeat Raditz, Defended Gohan and fought Frieza while Goku was resting because Vegeta was not strong enough, Trained Gohan to help during the Saiyan Saga where the training turned out to be useful, Without Piccolo who would have held back the Androids from destroying Master Roshi's Island and all the other Z fighters on it until Goku came after him and Tien had been defeated by Cell who had absorbed Android 17

[COLOR=#503F86][b]Full stops, anyone? Try and break up your posts into slightly smaller, more easily-digestable chunks. It's very hard to follow when written like this. -Solo[/COLOR][/b]

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
[COLOR=#503F86]Welcome to OtakuBoards, eclipse. I merged your thread with the existing DBZ/GT thread, to save on forum cluttering. Make sure to check the Threads Directory Sticky at the top of the page before starting a new thread, in case one has already been made.

Also, please avoid using abbreviations in posts- not only do they look untidy but it can get confusing as to what you mean. Post quality is very important at OB, so using as many full words as you can is imperitive, if not always as fast. Be careful about double-spacing too often, too. Paragraphing's fine, but doing it to excess just looks messy.

That said, be sure to check through the [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/rules.php?]Rules[/URL] and [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/faq.php?]FAQ[/URL] pages if you have any more questions or worries about the site, or feel free to PM me or another Mod if there's anything there that can't be answered.[/COLOR]

Guest ChapterBlack888
Goku is definitely the most important character in Z and GT because he is the strongest warrior in the universe.

Guest eclipse_88888
Hey peoples whats happening?
Now i know Dragonball is over, but how many of you wish Dragonball never ended?
Or wanted a better ending for Dragonball GT or something of that matter.So let me hear what you guys and girls think.

Do you mean dragonball or dragonball z?

But i think GT shouldn't have been made, i think it was a disgrace. The first saga was just basically the first saga of the original dragonball but they had to go into space. And the animation was poor. It was awful!!

[color=#503f86]Your best bet would be to search for an Episode Guide in the internet. Since you haven't specified which episodes you've seen from, it'd be incredibly hard for any of us to start explaining what was going on. Be sure to also check the Dragonball section of the Archives.[/color]
[color=#503f86][/color]
[color=#503f86]EDIT: Thread merged, I guess ^_^; Not by me, though.
[/color]

I merged your thread with the official GT topic, Darkenlight. Next time please a) check the Directory sticky before creating a new series-specific thread, and b) put a bit more detail into your posts. At this point your question is basically impossible to answer. It would be helpful, for example, if you mentioned at what point you stopped watching the show.

~Dagger~

• 2 weeks later...
[color=darkorange][size=3][font=Comic Sans MS]Hello out there! I know i'm not the only person that likes GT. I also know that there must be others that didn't like the ending, it just ended a master piece with two kids turning "blonde" and beating the snot out of each other while "Grandma" Pan thinks she's losing her mind. So here's a call out, how do [u]you[/u] think it should have ended, or continued?[/font][/size][/color]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#ff8c00][/color][/size][/font]
[COLOR=#503F86][SIZE=1][b]I merged your thread with the existing Dragonball Z/GT thread. Please be sure to check for existing threads, either by running a search or looking in the Official Threads Directory Sticky at the top of the forum display. -Solo[/COLOR][/SIZE][/b]

• 2 weeks later...
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=DarkOrange][B]Yeah, that's a nice thing to say, what about all that GT has given us? Such sweet things as Gogeta super saiyan 4, Syn/Omega Shenron, and Super Android 17. It wasn't all that bad, but to tell the truth I prefer the Cell and Buu series to all of the others. May Kid Buu, and Gohan rule over all! (On another note GT would probably be kicked out of the sun becase of all the junk already in it).[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]