Onix

Who's most important?  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Who's most important?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Tallgeese-']I'm goign to have to say Trunks, because he coems to the past from the future and warns Goku about the androids and Piccolo listens and tells everybody what's going to happen if they don't train.[/quote]

Well that is a good point but if it hadn't been for Goku, Trunks would't have had anybody to warn. So since Trunks had not been able to defeat the androids he fled into the past to tell Goku, who was their only hope.

Guest Vlade_Rayne
The most important character i think is Grandpa Gohan because if it wasn't for him GOKU would still be Kakarot the earth would have been destroyed...

[quote name='Vlade_Rayne']The most important character i think is Grandpa Gohan because if it wasn't for him GOKU would still be Kakarot the earth would have been destroyed...[/quote]
[COLOR=Blue]Wow! That is a really good point. I never would have thought of that.
However, I would still have to say Goku is the most important. Without him, the earth would have blown up at least... 5 times?
But my favourite character is Trunks!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/COLOR]

Personally Goku the most important character in the show you know the only problem ive always had with DBZ and DBGT is the fact that they always build up dramtic tension in the fights. :sleep: i mean if goku could finish off the bad guys then why do the fighter always mess around it doesn't make any sense to me but still to great any series. although i heard rumors from other people that DBGT isn't as good as DBZ but to me that's debatable. :rolleyes:

Goku annoys the crap out of me and my friend after the Frezia Saga in DBZ. In fact during the Freiza Saga it took nearly 6 or more episodes to do 5 minutes of the planet dying... how they were able to do that i have no clue. The in some episodes they sit there and talk for a few minutes. Punch each other in the face a few time and start talking again... *sigh* but it is still one of my favorite animes ever.

Peace out!
one more thing...
How many time does goku die? Seriously.

[CENTER]-------------------------[/CENTER]

Sorry for the rant. And please I need some help on my fan fic. I am going to try to keep the story in line with some of the events in the BUU SAGA. I havent seen every episode so i dont know every thing that was going on and i need someone to keep me from butchering the timeline. PM me when you think i am meandering from the time line.

[INDENT][SIZE=1][COLOR=Sienna][B]Deathsye[/B] I merged your two posts together. Please do not double post. If you wish to add something just use the edit button in the lower right hand corner of your post. ~indifference[/COLOR][/SIZE][/INDENT]

• 4 weeks later...
[QUOTE=r2vq]
I've been in Q&A sessions with those responsible for the dubs. Dubs are created for American Audiences. Canadians get whatever the Americans get, they don't get "special" dubs. That's way too expensive.

So even when Canadians dub a series they have to say things with American tones.

The only "different" dubs I know about are the "uncut" versions that are aired during Adult Swim episodes. We still get those. It depends on the station and CRTC which versions are allowed to be aired at which times, but the networks still have access to them. Again, no "special" dub for YTV.

-.o If I'm wrong I apologize....

-ArV[/QUOTE]

[COLOR=Blue]I totally agree with you. I live in Australia, and we get the dubs from the US. I actually have proof. At comic festivals, the voice talents for anime comes to sign autographs (like Sean Schemmel from DBZ). And these people do all their recording in the US. If the US had their own special dubs, why bother coming to Australia?

[/COLOR]

• 4 months later...
Guest LilyBebeboo
can someone explain this to me? ive seen dragn ball z, but then i saw this about dragon ball gt, lost episodes? [url]http://www.kaneva.com/asset/assetDetails.aspx?assetId=7733&communityId=0[/url]

i dont get it. its not a sequel, right? im confused!
[INDENT][COLOR=Darkorchid][SIZE=1]LilyBebeboo, I merged your thread with the Official Dragonball Z/GT thread. Remember that if you want to talk about something that relates to only one series you should post it in the official thread. Also, try to improve your grammar and overall post quality. Especially on a first post as we also encourage more post content. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or any of the other mods. -Aaryanna[/SIZE][/COLOR][/INDENT]

Guest Dr. Jackal
THe music that played when Android 19 and 20 showed up.

What was it?

And where can I get it?

Anyone know, thanks.
[INDENT][COLOR=Darkorchid][SIZE=1]Dr. Jackal, I merged your thread with the Official Dragonball Z/GT thread. Rememeber that if you want to talk about something that relates to only one series you should post it in the official thread. Also, try to improve your overall post quality. Especially on a first post as we also encourage more post content. Have something more that people can discuss; rather than just posing a question, for example you could have listed any places you have already searched making it easier for others to help you find what you are after. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or any of the other mods. -Aaryanna[/SIZE][/COLOR][/INDENT]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]Hmmm.....I would also have to say that the most important character in Dragonball Z is Goku. Mainly because he is the one that the entire series revolves around anyways, so naturally he plays a big part in everything that has happened. Now, I won't go into reasons of why he is the most important because they have already been stated. So, the most important character in Dragonball Z, in my opinion, is Goku.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Guest Kurotsuchi
Wats up everyone i'm kinda new and i'd say the the most important would obviosuly have to be goku and the second would most likely be piccolo after all Goku was the fist great hero and Piccolo was the first great true rival even though he was was [spoiler]completly killed off in gt and dint really play a big role except for when he died and when he got goku out of Hell.[/spoiler]
[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][SIZE=1][INDENT][B]Kurotsuchi[/B] I added spoiler tags to your post. When talking about aspects of a show that could spoil it for someone who has yet to see it, always use spoiler tags. For quick and easy information on how to use them just check the sticky at the top of the section on spoiler tags. ~indifference[/INDENT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

• 3 weeks later...
[COLOR=Navy][SIZE=1][B]Well, there could be a major debate on this for awhile. All the characters play a huge role in the storyline, and it's true many things would be different without one of the characters, namely Goku. My personal opinion is Goku. Alot of things wouldn't have happened if it wasn't for him. But there were also many bad things that happened on his behalf.

Like, for example, Freiza and Cooler attacking Earth. True, they never would have came to Earth if it wasn't for Goku, but they also would be alive and reeking havoc on the rest of the universe.

And without Piccolo, Gohan wouldn't have been able to become such a skilled warrior, and without Gohan, Pan and Videl probably wouldn't have been in the storyline.

It is only natrual though, that Goku seems the most important, because he is the Main Character. The series mainly revolves around him.[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR]

• 1 month later...
Guest DBzach77
I love dbz and i want to know who else does

i like people blowing others into piecess :mad: , and the action packed fighting :wigout: .

so what do you like about it.
[INDENT][COLOR=red][SIZE=1]Welcome to OtakuBoards [B]Dbzach77[/B]

I am moving your thread to the existing Dragonball Z/GT thread for the following reason: To avoid confusion we ask that you do not create another thread. Please go ahead and post in the current one no matter how old it is. Before you post any thread, please check the [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=38208][COLOR=red][B]Official Threads Directory[/B][/COLOR][/URL] to see if there is already a thread on that topic. It is also a good idea to perform a forum search on that subject to make sure another thread does not already exist.

Please take a moment to review this sticky on [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=55649] [COLOR=red][B]How to Post in Anime Lounge[/B][/COLOR][/URL] . If you have any questions feel free to pm myself or another member of the staff.

~Aaryanna[/COLOR][/SIZE][/INDENT]

• 6 months later...
Guest MASTERFANOFANIM
Hey everyone!

Since I´m a huge ANIME fan I want to know if you all remember this episode??: [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9rEFSfw2CY[/url]

If you´re a fan of ANIME, write back, I would love to talk with all you friends!!
All the best
David - Tokyo - Japan

[quote name='Onix']This is the new DBZ/GT thread. And as first order of business, the question this thread originally was.

This is just common curiosity, but who do you think is the most important character in DBZ/GT? And I don't mean your favorite. I mean who has caused the most development, story, etc.
In my humbled opinion, it's Dr. Gero. This is why.
1. Thanks to him, we have time-traveling Trunks, who potentially saved a lot of people from Frieza/King Cold/Frieza's Army. I mean, Goku would've stopped Frieza, but many people, including the Z-Senshi, might have been killed.
2. It's thanks to Dr. Gero that we have still-good Vegeta (maybe). Like Krillin said, by having a common enemy, Vegeta didn't revert to evil guy.
3. The bad doctor's handywork brought about Krillin's family life, in the form of Android 18 and Marron. Not so important, but still.
4. If not for Cell, we probably would have many more people on earth, at least leading up to the Buu Saga.
5. If not for Cell, again, we wouldn't have Ultra SSJ, SSJ2, or even SSJ3. Well, Vegeta and Goku might have SSJ2, but it's not likely. Thanks to the need to defeat Cell and the Androids, the Saiya-jin (Saiyan) community pushed to ascend SSJ, creating the Ultra SSJ and SSJ2. Also, without Goku going to Other-World, he wouldn't have learned SSJ3.
6. Last one. Without Android 17, there would be a chapter missing from GT. The Super 17 Saga, which I haven't seen, wouldn't exist without Gero and 17.

There. I'm done now. But what do YOU think?[/QUOTE]

You raise valid points here, but you overlook one vital thing.

GT isn't canon. It's a spinoff that Akira Toriyama never even touched. Therefore, your last point (if nothing else) is utterly invalid.

Just because he is the main character, I'm going to go with Goku as the most important, although Hercule/Mr. Satan did protect many sanities by covering the whole Cell thing up.