OtakuBoards

What's your Favorite Anime Soundtrack?

0ber0n the Neko

Hello again, everyone!

Hmmm...-_-...I wonder what topic would be good for a thread...

Right!

Which anime soundtrack is your favorite and why?

My favorite is the FLCL soundtrack because the band (the pillows) absolutely rocks, and their upbeat tone is awesome, and at times can be breathtaking!

I also like the Hellsing soundtrack. It's hard to explain why...it just...speaks to me...

Well I hope that was long enough to qualify as an actual post!

"[COLOR=Red]'Will you die?'[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Blue]'We all die someday'[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Red]'But will you die now?'[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Blue]'...'[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Red]'Do you know?'[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Blue]'Yes. I will die.'[/COLOR]"
-[COLOR=Red]Felicia[/COLOR] and [COLOR=Blue]Yari[/COLOR]

[b]RahXephon[/b] has some of the best background music I've ever heard. Lush, daring and well-orchestrated, it sets just the right tone in every single scene. Cowboy Bebop was the series which originally kindled my love of jazz, but RahXephon blends that genre with classical so successfully that I can't help giving it higher praise.

Incidentally, Bebop's Yoko Kanno composed the RahXephon's opening theme, "Hemisphere," a beautiful, exciting song and one of my favorite OPs. Maaya Sakomoto's gorgeous vocals lend the lyrics added meaning. Music plays a big role in this show, both literally and thematically; much of it has to do with the raw power of sound. The Dolems frequently attack by singing--rather, by producing destructive sound waves--and only certain characters are able to hear their hollow, haunting voices.

Because music is so integral to RahXephon's storyline, it's the kind of anime that could easily be ruined by a poor OST. Fortunately, the opposite is true, and RahXephon's soundtrack can make the show seem nothing short of brilliant.

~Dagger~

[color=indigo][size=1][font=comic sans ms]Well, I must also put in a vote for Furi Kuri, although it's about tied with Cowboy Bebop. I mean, even my Dad likes Bebop music, and he has zero interest in anime. For some reason, I'm also very partial to Yu-Gi-Oh and Digimon music, even though I know it's not the best anime music. It's probably because it's very availibe, and I have a lot of it.[/color][/size][/font]

Guest ScirosDarkblade
I like the Ah! My Goddess Movie soundtrack (minus a couple of songs which I plain despise, such as the little girl singing). There are some really good orchestral pieces there, and really it's one of the best scored anime films I've seen (well Princess Mononoke and Spirited Away were good in that respect too, but the music isn't as memorable for me).

I also like the Noir soundtrack, although I haven't listened to much of it.

My favorite anime musical piece of all time is the Love Hina "Hinata Inn" theme, though. It's just really relaxing. I sometimes play it on a loop all night long when I have to study for a midterm or final or something.

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]ah, the ever popular anime music question.

my favorites are:

The soundtrack to Weiss Kreuz.
The Cowboy Bebop soundtrack
and a song from Trigun.

[b]Weiss Kreuz:[/b] The background music to Weiss is all done by the [i]seiyuu[/i] of the characters. Each character has their own 'image song', and the [i]seiyuu[/i] for the Weiss do the opening and ending themes.

My faves: [i]It's Too Late[/i] - Ending #2. It conveys a sadness always makes me wonder what i will leave behind...
[i]Yuugao[/i] - Ken's image song. one line: [i]Hora itsuka kikasareta odoki da ne:[/i] Look, the someday we were told would come is dancing, isn't it?
[i]Tiny Little Song[/i] - Koyasu Takehito singing. it's almost a lullaby. "Tsuki no yurikagode, kimi wa yurete iru..."
[i]Mayfly[/i] - Naoe Nagi's image song. "I'll take all their dreams away..."
and a bunch more!

[b]Cowboy Bebop:[/b] i honestly believe that this anime has the best soundtrack out of any. Yoko Kanno is a genius, and the singers (Mai Yamane and Steve Conte in particular) are so expressive, it's amazing.

My faves: [i]Gotta Knock A Little Harder[/i] - The end theme to the movie. "Happiness is just a word to me and it mighta meant a thing or two if i'd've known the difference..."
[i]Blue[/i] - i still haven't seen the episode this comes from, but it always makes me think about death and question what comes after.
[i]Is It Real?[/i] - Have to love this song, if only because of the imagery it presents. "Figurines that fall like leaves and disappear..."
[i]Words That We Couldn't Say[/i] - Regrets. Wishes to make it right again.

[b]Trigun:[/b] Sound Life is possibly one of the coolest songs out there... "So... on the first evening a pebble from somewhere out of nowhere drops upon the dreaming world..." almost like a creation theory.[/FONT]

Cowboy Bebop is definately number one in my book. The limited edition box set is my all time favorite. I love all the songs in the set. Yoko Kanno and The Seatbelts are truly gifted musicians. I highly recommend the Cowboy Bebop soundtrack to everyone.

My favorite track is "Want it Back". It is featured during the episode when you first meet Ein. I love the upbeat nature of the song and I love the lyrics. I never get tired of listening to it. "I want it back, I used up all my money on you baby and I want it back..." The song definately makes me think of a few relationships I wasted too much time and money on. :rolleyes:

The title track "Tank!" is a great work of art. From the first time I heard the song I felt it would make a killer Drum and Bugle Corps field show opening song. It has such high energy and as a Soprano bugle player I would just love to play that song out on the field! The jazzy feel of the soundtrack makes it more accessible to a larger audience than that of just j-pop or anime music listeners.

The soundtrack contains songs for every mood. Everything from "Tank!" and it's high energy sound to "Blue" for those quiet times. No matter how I feel I can put that soundtrack on and find something to fit the mood I am in. Cowboy Bebop is definately one of my favorite soundtracks.

[COLOR=#503F86]I think one of the most neglected soundtracks is the [b]Pokemon[/b] BGM, which is one of my all-time favourites. I don't mean the sappy songs put into the dub by 4Kids or the redone movie music, but the original Japanese score to the series and films. I have the Sound Anime Collection as well as the Japanese scores to the first four movies and I must say there's a great amount of emotion in them. Considering it's an anime which has considerably fallen from favour, the background music's something I've always liked. The Japanese ending song to the first movie is one of the nicest songs I've heard.

[b]Zoids Chaotic Century/Guardian Force[/b] is another soundtrack I eally love. Considering most of it's synthesised it sounds wonderfully diverse. The composer Robert Etoll can create a fantastic sense of pace and action with his music. 'Chase' and 'Song for...' are nice upbeat songs. It's a pity they couldn't fit them into the dub.

[b]Outlaw Star[/b] is a recent favourite of mine, too. Kou Ohtani also composed the Gundam and Big O music, both of which I also enjoy. Outlaw Star has to be the pick of he bunch, though. The themes get stuck in my head easily, and it's not something I complain about when they're that good. The mix of orchestral music with some more unusual synthesised/mechanical sounds works well in the context of the anime. My one gripe would be that on the soundtrack, a lot of tracks are fairly similar to one another, especially on the second CD. If the themes are good though, they are very good.[/COLOR]

Personally, I love the Martian Successor Nadesico soundtrack. Most of the music on it is just so upbeat and energetic. It even includes my favourite opening and closing themes. 'You Get To Burning' is fantastic if only for the trumpet solo at the start. 'Watashi Rashiku' is just upbeat and such a nice, polished piece of music that it is just great to put it on after a terrible day and unwind.

The jazz of Bebop is good too, but I like to listen to some good Japanese vocal more than just instumental or English singing when I'm listening to an anime soundtrack.

I always liked the Rurouni Kenshin soundtrack, but latley I've been listening to Digimon. But there are lots of other too. Like Inuyasha, Sailor Moon, Cowboy Beebop, Yu Yu Hakusho and sooooooo many more. It's really hard to chose, but I'll go with Digimon for right now, but if you ask me tomoorow it'll probably be different! :D

[quote name='dogdemon16']:demon: the Best of Inuyasha... that's my favorite. i'm listing to it right now.[/quote][COLOR=#503F86]Welcome to the Boards, dogdemon16.

Just so you know, posts that short are considered to be spam on OtakuBoards- make sure you include as much detail as possible when writing your reply to make it more interesting for everyone else to read. Be sure to take a look at the [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/rules.php?]Rules[/URL] for general site knowledge and in case anything seems unclear.[/COLOR]

I must say it didn't much surprise me when I saw that almost every other post has mentioned Cowboy Bebop. As of right now I like this series the best. I would have to list these as my favorite anime sound tracks.

Raid and Ruins: Hellsing,

This is a spectacular compilation with beautiful cover art as well as the greatest amount of songs I like from anime. In particular the Ruins cd is the best because of a song that plays during the 13th episode I don't know the name but I know the song well.

of course Cowboy Bebop,

Particulary I like 2 songs the most, i love all the music but 2 songs stick out the most being ask D.N.A by Yoko Kanno and The Seatbelts and the most beautiful song from any of the episodes Call me, Call me......only because i love Edward so much though.

Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust OST,

Simply I have to put this, I love organ types of music and as well the elements of heavily victorian gothic almost style of classical music.

And lastly i would be sad to say I fell for chobits, but considering it is nothing like what I listen too and I put it on most of the time to piss off my friend I fell for it

[QUOTE=Balinese][FONT=Comic Sans MS][i]Blue[/i] - i still haven't seen the episode this comes from, but it always makes me think about death and question what comes after.
[/FONT][/QUOTE]

It comes from the last episode [spoiler]where SPIKE DIES[/spoiler]. Yeah you got that death thing right! It really puts lots of stuff into perspective

I really liked the song "Rush". It's really fast paced and has such an awesome uplifting beat!

Hmmm... I also like "Pushing the sky", and "Cats on Mars"
Well Ciao!

[color=navy]I would have to say that my all-time favorite OSTs are from Furi Kuri, Trigun, and Cowboy Bebop. [/color]

[color=#000080][u]Furi Kuri[/u]: Its hard not to listen to anything by The Pillows and instantly be in a good mood. Everything about them seems upbeat, which is especially important for Furi Kuri. If it were all serious all the time *cough*Eva*cough* there's no way that te series could be that nonsensical and succeed. My favorite songs are Blues Drive Monster and Last Dinosaur. [/color]

[color=#000080][u]Trigun[/u]: It's hard to classify any of the music from Trigun. You like it, and you don't ask questions. Each song reminds you of a specific episode. I can't even listen to some of the music from when [spoiler]Wolfwood died.[/spoiler] The music affects you as much as the show did. I mostly listen to the theme, Fool's Paridise. [/color]

[color=#000080][u]Cowboy Bebop[/u]: There's something special about Cowboy Bebop, that it can ever be enjoyed and loved by people that abhor and constantly insult anime. I got my entire house, three people who instantly think "Go Speed Racer, Goooo!" every time I try to watch any kind of anime, to watch the movie, and to listen to the soundtrack on a regular basis. Yoko Kanno (Genius that she is) made sure that there's something for anybody to listen to. I love the entire OST, but I mostly listen to Piano Black(Honky Tonk Woman), The Egg and I(Speak Like A Child), Want it all Back(Stray Dog Strut), Mushroom Hunting(Mushroom Samba),and Green Bird(Ballad of Fallen Angels)[/color]
[color=#000080][/color]
[color=#000080]EDIT:: I forgot to add Fire!!!, the season four opening to Digimon. It's just cool, the vocals and music all come together perfectly.[/color]

[FONT=Verdana]I commute about 50 miles one way to work , ,and get stuck in legendary traffic jams. I love the soundtrack from Cowboy Bebop-- it does not sound to me like typical soundtrack music. The pieces have more depth.

My favorite pieces: Waltz for ZiZi-- I don't kknow th eepisodes it comes from , I only hear this bluesy beautiful waltz, and untense muscles. The Egg and I, ,I just have to move my feet to it. It reminds me of Carrot and Stick from Trigun (the song Vash dances to) which I also like. I'm happy to see that many other people enjoy Y. Kanno and the Seatbelts. It's new to me.[/FONT]

The Escaflowne movie has this beautiful soundtrack, then again so does the series. :P But the movie soundtrack is my favorite.

The Fushigi Yuugi ones are execellant too. The image songs, the background music, it's all great. I just love the image songs. ^^

Finaly, the Utena soundtrack is a greta one too. because it's so odd and creepy, ya gotta love it!

[quote name='Mamma Vash][FONT=Verdana'] It reminds me of Carrot and Stick from Trigun (the song Vash dances to) which I also like. I'm happy to see that many other people enjoy Y. Kanno and the Seatbelts. It's new to me.[/FONT][/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][i]Carrot and Stick...[/i] is that what he's listening to in Episode 4 when he boogies into the bar?

Yoko Kanno also did this one song that i am absolutely in LOVE with.. it's called [i]Nowhere and Everywhere[/i], and it's from a collection she did called [i]Song to Fly[/i]. i heard it a long time ago, but it still kind of resonates in my mind... i can't find it ANYWHERE. it's such a wonderful song...

[i]i'm the feeling you feel
A small voice or a chill
i am here and i am there

i'm that feeling inside
The one that comes and then hides
i'm nowhere and everywhere

Don't you know me?
i'm the one you used to talk to
You stopped believing
But still i follow everywhere you go
i'm walking right behind you
And i'm just around the corner
i'm always down the hall and by your side
You might call me your shadow
Or the reason that you laugh and you don't know why

i inspire, i'm aloof
Spend my time just watchin' over you
i am here and everywhere

Don't you know me?
i'm the one you used to talk to
You stopped believing
But still i follow everywhere you go
i'm walking right behind you
And i'm just around the corner
i'm always down the hall and by your side
You might call me your shadow
Or the reason that you laugh and you don't know why

i'm the feeling you feel
A small voice or a chill
i am here and i am there...[/i]

it's sung by a guy named Steve Conte, who also did [i]Words That We Couldn't Say[/i] and [i]Diggin'[/i]... anyone know where i can get it?

oh yeah, and for those of you who really love Yoko Kanno and are searching for more info on her, more music she's written, or the lyrics to your favorite songs, [URL=http://www.jameswong.com/ykproject/core.html]try this.[/URL] it's a site called the Yoko Kanno Project, and it's one of the most complete and comprehensive sites anywhere. for the Bebop fans, i recommend [URL=http://www.futureblues.net]3-2-1 Let's Jam![/URL], Emily's Bebop Site. it's nearly as complete as the official Bebop site must be! =^_^= [/FONT]

No ??? .hack// soundtracks, I go nuts over them, but other than that, Inu Yasha
But for .Hack notice my signature it is part of a song.

[COLOR=Navy]Please watch your post quality, King Ansem. Re-read Solo's [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=37750&page=2]comments[/URL] or PM one of the mods if you have any questions.

~Dagger~[/COLOR]

Guest Kish+Kith
[font=Arial][color=blue]I really like the "Android kikaider: The Animation" soundtrack. [/color][/font]
[font=Arial][color=#0000ff][/color][/font]
[font=Arial][color=#0000ff][COLOR=#503F86][SIZE=1][b]Welcome to the Boards, Kish+Kith. Just so that you know, posts should ideally be much longer than this- try and add as much detail to them as you can to make them more interesting for everyone else to read. If you have any problems, feel free to PM a Moderator of your choice. -Solo[/COLOR][/SIZE][/b][/color][/font]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][QUOTE=Dragonfaery]

And, there's this one ending from Weiss Kreuz that I love so much.
[/QUOTE]

first or second ending?

first ending is called [i]Beautiful Alone[/i]. it goes like this:

[i]Anata tto bokutono sabishisa o
Kasaneru yon ishite kuchizukeru
Futariga itameta kizuatoga
Utsukushii wakare o tsugeru daro[/i]

second ending is called [i]It's Too Late[/i]. Goes like this:

[i]Honou you na
Kanashimi iyasu
Tsumetai ame ga konya wa furi tsuzuku
Dareka wo aishi? Dareka wo nikumi?
Itameta mune no oku made shimite iku...[/i]

yeah, i know too much about this stuff. but if you need words to a song you find, look me up ^_^[/FONT]

the soundtrack from evangelion is the best, im listening to it right now.. and the songs from the end of evangelion are great too. like the song "turn back time". i lvoe the song at the beginning of evangelion (cruel angel thesis)
and anything from dragonball mostly that song tapion (sp?) plays in movie 13.
and the chobits soundtrack... soo good...

[COLOR=Navy]Just say no to improper grammar, spelling and punctuation. Please.

~Dagger~[/COLOR]

Princess Mononokes soundtrack because I AM THE ULTIMATE PRINCESS MONONOKE FAN!!! The music is very adrenaline dealing and fun. It suits the movie perfectly, and I just like everything in the movie anyway. The way the music is composed and the timing in the movie match PERFECTLY. I have watched the movie a million times andeach time i watch it i want to get the soundtrack more and more.

[FONT=Century Gothic][COLOR=Blue]Here is my list of favorite anime soundtracks, (in no particular order):

Peace Maker Kurogane: This series has some great background music! I particularly like some of the more softer songs that really set the tone for some great moments in the series.

.Hack//Sign: My favorite .hack OST is the Liminality one. Maybe it's just I love that song so much, but once again, See-Saw does an awesome job not only on this, but the other .hack OSTs as well.

Inuyasha: Apart from having excellent opening and ending themes, this series has some colorful background music. I like Shippo's theme, as well as the many love themes from the series.

Cowboy Bebop: Yoko Kanno. I think that's all that needs to be said.

Escaflowne: Not only is the movie soundtrack great, but the series one is just as good. I espically liked Yubia (sp?) the ending them from the movie. Not to mention Sora's song, a.k.a. "Sora".

I feel like I'm missing one...oh yeah! Kenshin! who could forget those wonderful sounds from the Magi era.

That's all I can think of right now. [/COLOR][/FONT]